Throttle problem - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-05-2007, 02:25 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Throttle problem

Hi guys!

I tried to installed a quick throttle and my cable was not long enough so I installed everything back to stock.

I left the bike alone for like 3 weeks, rode my zx-10r and now my Honda CBR600RR throttle feels werid... I mean I can't ride it as smooth as the zx-10r. Is this just because I haven't rode the CBR600RR as much?

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-05-2007, 02:49 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Its not a throttle problem bro...its just the power diff. If you want you can try adjusting not tighting your cable's see if that helps. IMO its just the power diff.
~cheers

95 F3:03 600RR:05 600RR:04 1000RR:05 600RR
07 Z33 PPW 6MT
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-05-2007, 03:02 AM Thread Starter

You're smart bro.. Because I didn't state all the facts and you are thinking what I'm thinking.

My ZX-10R has a quick throttle, and the CBR600RR does not and it has this slight 2mm slack before the throttle catches. I guess I'm not use to it anymore.

My wife said the bike feel fine, but I guess it feels werid and I can't ride it as well.

I've tried adjusting the throttle thing and when riding, the RPM would stick so I had to loosen up the throttle, therefore causing more slacks.

What should I do?

Thanks!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-06-2007, 03:49 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Well than dont tighten the throttle to much to where itll stick cuz youll be stuck. Just tighten and get it close to where it was its ok to have slack...when you snap it all the way or alittle itll still respond the same, its FI. It's a 600 so its not gonna be touchy like the 1000..you can mod your bike with a slip with a PCIII and get it mapped and maybe change your gearing going +2 in the rear sprocket hell might as wheel upgrade the rims THAT makes the diff on any bike getting rims that are lighter than stock w/bearings and tires on... marchesini rims or magnieusim oh yeah. Itll run like a diff bike...your 1000 will be jealous.
~cheers

95 F3:03 600RR:05 600RR:04 1000RR:05 600RR
07 Z33 PPW 6MT
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 12:40 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
what brand QT did u buy cuz i put a yoyodyne QT on my track bike, and those cables BARELY FIT!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page