Help! My bike just dies - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-06-2007, 05:51 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help! My bike just dies

About a week ago my buddy left the keys in the on position after moving my 2006 600rr and the lights completely killed the battery. I jumped it off of my car and it ran fine that day, all the battery connections are tight. Today I took a long ride and I was going about 85 on the expressway when the MIL and FI lights came on and the bike just died. I quickly pulled in the clutch and cycled the kill switch before popping the clutch and in essence bump starting the bike. The problem was magnified at each toll stop because as I downshifted and the RPMs would drop to idle the engine would sound rough and the tach would bounce between 500 and 1500 before finally quiting. Sometimes it would start right back up but other times I was forced to wait quite a while. I just don't know if it is necessarily the battery that needs to be replaced. It seems to me that after the prolonged highway riding the battery should have held some kind of charge. Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-06-2007, 02:11 PM
World Superbike Racer

either recharge that battery or buy a new one. i bought a shitty battery off ebay and it started to do that out of the no where.

Black 03

"P.S. this is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated"
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-06-2007, 03:31 PM

buy a battery

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-06-2007, 03:35 PM
World Superbike Racer

yup, your buddy deep cycled your battery, and it will never be the same. Since it is such a small battery (compared to a car's) you can't use a 'damaged' battery on a bike for very long. Unfortunately you need a new battery. Hold out your hand to your buddy and say 'pay up sucker' lol

06 Silver 600RR
My mod thread
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-06-2007, 09:30 PM

This one sounds like it's probably the battery. My friend didn't run out juice, but came pretty close to it. His bike shut off on the highway all of the sudden. We tried to start it, but ran down the battery pretty much while trying. He got a new battery and a charger for the battery. When he's not riding, he puts it on charge. It shouldn't be necessary if you ride often, but it's one of those...just in case.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 12:50 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
get a battery tender and charge it slowly...but i think you need a new battery, you do not jump bikes off car batterys! WAY TO MUCH VOLTAGE! it kills the deep charge of the bike batteries...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page