fi light - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
fi light

ok ive tried a search here and cant find anything to help. started the bike today and for the first minute it was running the small FI light at bottom of dash was on and then turned itself off. saw it and turned off ignition, waited a few mins and tried again same story, oil pressure light went out but FI light stayed on until bike had been running for min or so. left bike for about an hour and tried again and its not doing it anymore. can anyone shed light on this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 07:57 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The RED oil pressure/Malfunction Indicator Light is the one to watch out for.
My friend's 1000RR FI indicator light did that after installing on his slip on, it would go on and off from time to time, but the bike was mechanically fine (besides maybe needing a PCIII+map).
Normally the FI indicator light should go away after it primes the injectors and then engine is running, IT STAYS OFF. Maybe a loose connection/plug?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

cheers for the reply, havent got a slip on or anything its stillsitting in the box waiting for me to put it on! just as long as im not gonna do damage by driving it, as i said its not happening all the time, and only did it after i went away for a day and left the bike inside the house, thinkin now could the central heating in the house have screwed somethin up on it?

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 10:12 AM
Pocketbike Racer

I can tell you exactly what is happening, because I had this same problem. If you turn the key on and immediately hit the start button the light will come on, right? Also if you turn on the key with the engine run switch in the off position it will happen too. I went to the dealership and told them about this and they gave me some BS answer about it. But as I was leaving one of the bike washers pulled up on a new 1000rr that he had just prepped, he asked what was wrong cause he over heard me talking to my buddy. He then told me that there is a certain sequence to follow to start the bike. It is as follows.

1. Make sure the cut off switch is in the run position.
2. Turn on the key and let the rpm gauge and speedometer wind all the
way up and down.
3. Then hit the start button.

He said that if you did it in any other order that the light would come on.
I made sure that this was right and it was. I then went back into the dealer and told the service manager that this guy was the only one who knew why it was doing that. He then told me that it makes sense because that guy starts several bikes a day.

Get the one and only 600RR Playstation theme here.

You don't refer to retarded people as 'retards', You call your friends retards when they are acting retarded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Point37 View Post
...there is this new thing its called sarcasm, ever hear of it
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck_y_lee View Post
Chicks never pass on my semi.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NucleaRR View Post
I can tell you exactly what is happening, because I had this same problem. If you turn the key on and immediately hit the start button the light will come on, right? Also if you turn on the key with the engine run switch in the off position it will happen too. I went to the dealership and told them about this and they gave me some BS answer about it. But as I was leaving one of the bike washers pulled up on a new 1000rr that he had just prepped, he asked what was wrong cause he over heard me talking to my buddy. He then told me that there is a certain sequence to follow to start the bike. It is as follows.

way up and down.

I made sure that this was right and it was. I then went back into the dealer and told the service manager that this guy was the only one who knew why it was doing that. He then told me that it makes sense because that guy starts several bikes a day.
doesnt seem to be the same on the 600rr, if you turn the key to 'on' with the run switch in the off position the Fi light doesnt come on at all and you dont hear it prime the injectors, but as soon as you turn the run switch to on, the pump starts to whirr and then theres a click like a relay closing and the Fi light goes out. my problem is sometimes the Fi light doesnt go out then and i start the bike and it still stays on for 10-15 seconds after i've started the bike and other times it goes out before i even start it the minute the relay like noise clicks and the pump primes the injectors.
any of this make sense? it does in my head but not sure if im describing it properly!!!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 11:43 AM

It sounds like you aren't letting the injectors prime BEFORE starting the bike.
This is my normal start up procedure.
Kill switch on
Key on
The FI light stays on and the MIL light goes out
The FI light goes out and the MIL light comes back ON
Start engine.
I don't hear the injectors prime this way, only when I turn Key to ON and put the Kill switch to ON AFTER the key, then I hear the injectors prime up.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGxbOix510 View Post
I
Kill switch on
Key on
The FI light stays on and the MIL light goes out
The FI light goes out and the MIL light comes back ON
Start engine.
I don't hear the injectors prime this way, only when I turn Key to ON and put the Kill switch to ON AFTER the key, then I hear the injectors prime up.
See my problem is here, (The FI light goes out and the MIL light comes back ON), the light isn't going out when it used to its taking way longer for it to go out. booked in thursday week anyway for diagnostic. have a new yoshi rs5 waiting for it and cant put it on now in case somethin is wrong!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 06:40 AM

Blackbirds get this problem every now and again
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 06:55 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NucleaRR View Post

way up and down.

my apologies guys, iv'e only just realised it all boils down to whether the kill switch is in the run position before the ignition is turned on, its when its not and the ignition is turned on and then the kill switch is turned to run causes the problem, i've just had it confirmed by honda. my apologies for ever doubting you guys i was just to dumb to notice the pattern in what i was doing wrong!! sorry!thanks for the help guys!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 07:25 AM
Pocketbike Racer

This is exactlly what I tried to describe.

Get the one and only 600RR Playstation theme here.

You don't refer to retarded people as 'retards', You call your friends retards when they are acting retarded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Point37 View Post
...there is this new thing its called sarcasm, ever hear of it
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck_y_lee View Post
Chicks never pass on my semi.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 07:28 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

sorry i just couldn't get my head around what you guys meant, just couldnt piece together what i was doing wrong! mucho respect to you guys will never doubt you again!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page