Dumb question/high beam not lighting - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 12:11 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Dumb question/high beam not lighting

I'm a bit new to the bike so go easy. Looking the manual over front to back doesn't detail how to pull apart the lights to get to the H7. Prior to this I've never had a bike with a fairing so I never had lights like these. The little rubber cover with the pull tabs comes off, I just want to make sure I don't tear anything. I hate getting replacement parts. So do I just twist/pull on the cover until it comes off to expose the bulb socket? Or do I pull the socket first?

I guess I should explain the symptoms. Previous owner put in those nice looking but somewhat crappy blue lights (looks good, poor light), rode around with the high beams on all day. I buy the bike, switch to low beams, stop for dinner, then for the 200 miles home the highs don't work anymore (indicator does come on the display though), except for once while right in the middle, which makes me suspect it's not the bulb. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 01:21 AM
Hitz eit from z back

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1. Their's a connector on the back of the head light housing, It connects to the light bulb. Their should be to tabs on this connector (connector looks like a little box) Push those tabs down and the connector should slide off.

2. The their should be a tab on the rubber cover, pull on that tab and the cover should come off.

3. At this time you should be able to see the back of the light bulb. Their will be this metal hook thing with a hoop on the end towards the top of the whole where the bulb is. Push the hoop towards the front of the bike and to ether the left or right (forgot which way). Then the hook that holds the light bulb in should be able to move all the way back and then you should be able to get to the light bulb and pull it out.

4. The light bulb has a black thing on the end of it, you will need a small screw driver to pry this away from the light bulb. The black thing should come off the light bulb. Then put the new bulb in the black thing and do all these steps in reverse order.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page