A Few Problems With The Bike After The Wreck - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation A Few Problems With The Bike After The Wreck

As some of you may have read my bike was wrecked a few weeks ago. Well now im in the process of repairing and rebuilding and I just got the front end and forks done today. Now my throttle makes a click noise after I close it and it sounds like its coming from the engine is that going to be a problem? And I can smell a little bit burning oil too and it gets really hot around the right side air ram dont know where exactly its coming from though. And the last thing I think is my radiator is bent on the left side but I cant see any leaks from the outside at least should I replace this as well? Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 03:06 AM
Hitz eit from z back

1. The clicking sound is probably the throttle body. Their 4 flappers in their and when you twist the throttle all the way open and let go of it these flapper slam close. If you take the air box lid off you will see the v-stacks and the v-stacks sit on to of the throttle body you should be able to see the flappers if you take the v-stacks off. Since you wrecked you bike I would make sure that is where the sound is coming from just in case you did damaged something else and that is not where the noise is coming from.

2. Their is a crank case vent inside the air box, since the bike was probably on its side some oil may of got into the air box. This is probably where them smell is coming from. When the bike falls on its side oil might make it through the crank case vent into the air box and find its way down the motor, if it does it will smoke and smell. If it doesn't find its way down the motor it will just smell. I dont know why the ram air would be getting hot except the right side has a huge motor mount and if could be possible that the right side of the frame heats up and thats what your felling because heat does transfer, Not sure on that.

3. If their no leaks from the radiator it might be ok to still use. It depends on how bent it really is and also how its bent, It might be bent in a way that it could block the passages and stop the flow of coolant in that area and you will lose some cooling efficiency. It might not make a big difference and you might not even notice higher temps. Its hard to tell with out pics if it would be ok to run. If it don't leak I would probably give it a road test just to see if the temp is any higher than normal.

4. This is in the wrong section, It should be in trouble shooting section of this site.

Last edited by 600rr Rider; 05-10-2007 at 03:21 AM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

so will the oil go away

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 11:47 AM
Moto GP Racer

Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
What year is the bike and what side did you crash on?

Pull all of the plastics off and inspect EVERYTHING! You may have crushed the aluminium tubing on the left side of the bike which can make the bike run hotter. Change the air filter if it got soaked in oil.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

Its a 05 and the I dont even know what happened in the crash, because it looked like most damage was on the right side but the bike landed on the its left side. After the crash I dropped the bike on its left side which is why the radiator is bent as well as that pipe that connect the radiator to the engine.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2007, 01:34 AM Thread Starter

bump and another thing you know the air box or the crankcase is it suppose to move a little when you try to lift up or tug on it or is it suppose to be tight. I dont know why but it feels alittle loose only when I pull it up how can I tighten it?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 06:41 PM
Moto GP Racer

Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
VA, it sounds like your best bet is to get a copy of the service manual. You sound like you have the mechanical ability you just need the information. You can download one from www.helminc.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page