Need Help flipping my stock Clip-ons - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 02:07 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need Help flipping my stock Clip-ons

I recently attempted flipping my clip-ons, needless to say i didn't get too far. Any help would be appreciated.
I have an 04 600rr.

How do i remove the handgrips, clutch, throttle, etc from the clipons so i can flip them. I think there's some kinda trick after u remove the bar end, but i can't figure it out
thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 02:51 AM
World Superbike Racer

Well to remove the throttle you have 2 phillips screws underneath the housing. The throttle cables have to be unhooked from the throttle tube and slid off. As for the clutch side, I used a screwdriver inside the grip to loosen the old glue or whatever was holding it. Slowly worked it off, then slide the clutch perch off.

Of course after you flip the clip ons you're going to have to drill a small hole again on each clip on in order for the throttle assem. to stay in play while under throttle. If you are mechanically inclined I wouldn't attempt this without someone with prior knowledge. A simple mistake can cause loss of control of the bike which is extremely dangerous. Best of luck.

FYI: mines are flipped but with vortex clip-ons.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sytfu_RR View Post
FYI: mines are flipped but with vortex clip-ons.
So you think i'd be better off to purchase some aftermarket clipons?

Will these also need to be drilled?

Just to make sure i understand correctly,...... i need to break loose the glue on the clutch side grip and slide it off. Then I'll be able to remove the clutch lever by sliding it over where the grip used to be.

Throttle side all i need to do is remove the two screws from the bottom of the housing and this will free up the throttle to be removed from the clipon. "sounds a little too easy".

But then How do i completely detach the clipon from where it attaches to the fork? I've removed the bolt that clamps the clipon to the fork, but all that seems to do is allow the clipon to slide up and down the fork.

thanks for the response
oh yeah and i've decided to go with an aftermarked clip-on, any suggestions? You've said vortex already what are the pro-s and con's of vortex over stock

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 02:13 PM
World Superbike Racer

you have to remove the top triple tree and slide the clip ons off, and yes with the aftermarket ones you still have to drill the hole for the throttle housing.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 11:39 AM

ok, what's the purpose of flipping them? I'm guessing by doing so it offsets them up a little
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickle311 View Post
ok, what's the purpose of flipping them? I'm guessing by doing so it offsets them up a little
It's all personal preference really, most ppl that like DB bars will just flip/turn out stock clip ons to get the same feeling and save money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page