Help! Lost Key!!! - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 02:59 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy Help! Lost Key!!!

I'm going crazy here.

I'm a complete moron and I lost my only copy of my 05 rr key. I don't know what my key code is either!

People have told me to contact the dealership. I called and the advisor told me that I would have to contact a locksmith.

I think I will try calling another dealership tomorrow because I don't see how Honda wouldn't be able to provide me with another key! That's crazy.

Also, doesn't the rr have an immobilizer? How would a locksmith be able to bypass this?

Please if this has happened to anyone else, or if you know specifics on what I can do... please let me know. Is there an easy way to find out my key code. I believe it is stamped on the ignition itself? How do I access this?

Thanks alot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 07:16 PM

Stamped on the underside of the ignition. Not easy to get to, as you can see why. Dealer should have known this. Once key code is obtained, any reputable locksmith can make you a key.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 09:34 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
wow that sux. dealers don't always know everything, and most of the time the guys there are complete dumbasses. go get ur new key and good luck.

* * 600RR Ex-Track Junkie * *
Current bike - Yamaha Liquid Silver R1

- Competition Breeds Excellence -

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 02:07 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
send macgyver a rubberband, a shoelace, and a bobby pin. He will return a key. Ive done it several times.

Chairman and Proud member of 2xGC
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 02:35 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

^^^^^^^^^lol^^^^^^^^^^
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 02:42 AM

Question

I had a similar issue with a car key that i'd lost. I took my title to the Dealer to verify that i owned the vehicle and they made me one on the spot, I thought they could get the key code using the vin number but maybe not............
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 06:15 AM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-man View Post
Stamped on the underside of the ignition. Not easy to get to, as you can see why. Dealer should have known this. Once key code is obtained, any reputable locksmith can make you a key.
There you go. No need to post how to get around the immobilizer now. I always find these, lost my key threads fishy, especially from someone so new to the forum.

-Rich
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 07:25 AM
gee
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD crew off their meds!!

hwy bro where are you... if the bike has hiss you are farked!! no code no chip,, bike no go!!!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 07:48 AM
C.F.A. member **New Joyzeeeeeee Racer YAAAA BOYYY**

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Go to the dealer with proof of ownership (title and ID) they'll cut it right there.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 09:31 PM
tek

Ok im going to bump this for any more information(updates to OP).

I just lost my 06 600rr key(one and only). I have just torn apart my appartment and anything i have touched in the last 24 hours. I really don't know how i lost it, maybe its somehow at work(drove car today). I just don't know.

So my bike is in a parking garage right now, pretty secure, need a remote to get in and out, also CCTV. Im a little worried i either left my key in my tail(lck the helmet) or dropped it on my way to my appartment. So i have locked the front disk, and am taking other measures to diable it as of now(along with adding "tells" in case anyone tries to use it)

Assuming i just lost it and its gone, What can i do? Ie of the options above what HAS worked now that more time has passed. My bike is streetfighter so i can get to any spot on the ignition pretty quick, could even take it off(not sure how).

Any more comments on weather or not its possible to go to the Dealership and get a key cut with proper ID and papers? ANY other information updates would be great.

Thanks guys

PS I need to update my profile, i now live in the LA area, if anyone knows a good shop hit me up.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-05-2007, 02:40 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

If you go to the dealer where you bought the bike they usually have the code on file. Show proof of ownership and they can make you a key. If you didnt buy the bike there they cant make a key unless you have the key code. Plan B is the lock smith......bend over and grab ur ankles for this one...good luck.

"A good friend will come bail you out of jail...a true friend will be sitting next to you saying wow that was fun!"

NESBA #918

05 600rr -Hamaguchi-Factory Pro-Pc3 Usb-Euro Racing-Vortex-Renthal-EK-Galfer-Brembo-Greggs-Progrip-Michelin-Comp Werks-Carbon Works-Ohlins-Penske-HRC......
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-05-2007, 02:51 PM
Knightslugger

isn't the immobilizer (HISS) only found on Euro models? i know there is a resister in the key switch that goes to the ECM and if it's not the correct resistnace it disables the start sequence and that's found on all CBR600RRs...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page