Drained/Dead battery or bad stator???? - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 01:09 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Drained/Dead battery or bad stator????

ok I'm gonna tell the story from start to finish...I have a 07 cbr600 with hids hooked up to the lows and high beams. A couple weeks ago while riding on the highway I notice in the reflection off the back of a car that my low beam is not on but the high beam is. I find a spot to stop, turn off the bike wait a minute and turn it back on and it works. Both are on now and stay on for the ride home. Through the next couple of weeks the low beam decides to come on when ever it feels like it... usually after I've started it up and been riding for a while, stop cut the bike off and turn it back on. Let me make it clear that I have no delay switch so the low beam should come on when I turn the ignition on. I ask my father about it and we start thinking maybe its the bulb itself and that maybe we should get the tripage delay relay because maybe it can't take the process of the 2 startups (ignition on then engine on). We also think that it might be the ballast itself because of where we had mounted it by the radiator and it might be malfunctioning. I buy the delay switch and hook it up. We know it is hooked up right because we can feel the delay working ticking holding it in my hand but no low beam still. Fast forward to yesterday morning I go out and ride to see if maybe the light would decide to come on. I end up stopping at the gas station turn the bike off and then it will not start back up. No turning over at all, just pressing the button with nothing at all. The gauges worked fine and were lit up but the low beam AND high beam were not working now. End up calling my boy and we push start it and I ride straight home without any lights on. (The high beam probably could have came on but I did'nt want to take the risk) Go home take the battery out and charge it with and old charger my father had from way back. Hook it back up and the bike starts ( turns over). The high beam is working fine like always. The delay switch is hooked up so I'm waiting for the low beam to decide to come on then I see smoke start rising from the low beam side and shut the bike off fast. Could the low beam ballast just finally be giving in to the malfuctioning or what??? Check the fuses and the headlight fuse is broke so I replace it. Not taking any chances so I tear the bike apart and take the low beam ballast out of its locations and disconnect its wiring the the hid bulb. I tested it with a meter and it read that it was only giving off 8.6 sumthin of power. I called xenon rider and they said it should be giving out a lot more power. Anybody Anyone have any thoughts on what could be going on or needs to be changed. Any help needed please
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page