two problems - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
two problems

hey guys i got two problems, figured i would put em both on one post
the first one was a squidly move on my part. when i was goin to get gas, i dug into my pockets to get my credit card and pulled a quarter out with the rest of my stuff & it fell into my gas tank, which was already open. is there gonna be a problem? i called my dealer & they sed u gotta take it out = $200
i called another dealer and they sed u dont have to remove it. i then called my shop & they sed they could take it out but u dont have to = $50
my question is should i be worried about it?
my other question is tonite i stopped by the same shop today to ask them a couple of questions cuz last nite my bike wouldnt start but somehow i pushstarted it & it fired right up. anyway, they told me that 600rr's & 1000rr's have a charging problem and they do a mod that charges the battery as soon as its idle instead of @ 5000 rpms. anyway i went ahead & did it and as i left (they were closing, & every1 left & i was already home) i noticed when i used the turn signals, both of them would blink @ the same time (like hazards) & alarm would beep. wat couldve went wrong? ima take it to the shop tomorrow but i just wanted to hear ur opinions
thanks alot guys & sorry for the long post.

05 CBR600RR TRIBAL

I GOT A FRESH LINE UP, FRESH OUTFIT, BOUT 2 HAVE THE PARKING LOT ON SMASH...PLUS I GOT THE HONDA WITH THE 599 UNDER THE HOOD...THAT BITCH GOT BOUT 18 G'S UNDER THE DASH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 08:02 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
wow...well where to start. first of all, get that quarter out. eat that $50 bones and just call it a stupid mistake. as far as the electrical goes...well i wouldnt want anyone messing with my bike, especially the electrical if i didnt know what they were doing. Thats funny they mention that about the charging system cuz i am on an 05 with 13k and original battery and no problems, same with all the people i know ride hondas. If its true then i guess i got lucky!

Good luck with that, find out what they did to your bike and let us know...there are others on here who are a lot more knowledgeable than me.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 09:53 PM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
1. Get the quarter out no matter what the cost is
2. The shop you went too sold you a BS story
my 03 RR bike still uses the original battery
and has got 42 K miles
3. I would not speculate on what they have done
return to the shop and get that electrical mess undone
and do not pay them a dime to do that job

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 09:54 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I am not completely sure on this but can't you just use a magnet on a string or magnetic rod to get the quarter out. If that doesn't work can you remove the tank as if you were going to change the fuel filter and gain access to the inside. I was going to change the fuel filter on my 03 and it looked fairly simple.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 10:12 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If you know what you are doing, you can have the tank off in minutes. Worst case senario, you dump some gas in the grass... but make sure you have some to refill it afterwards...
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

yea they fixed the problem and they also ended up fixing my alarm which was having some problems.
by the way they told me that when my bike is off there is a 12v or 12 amp drawing power, any1 know y this might be?

05 CBR600RR TRIBAL

I GOT A FRESH LINE UP, FRESH OUTFIT, BOUT 2 HAVE THE PARKING LOT ON SMASH...PLUS I GOT THE HONDA WITH THE 599 UNDER THE HOOD...THAT BITCH GOT BOUT 18 G'S UNDER THE DASH
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 05:38 PM

Feedback Score: 91 reviews
Your clock has constant 12 volt power. Who installed your alarm? I would guess that the alarm is what's drawing some of your power. If you use it all the time and you don't go for long rides your charging system doesn't have time to charge the battery completely between trips, then your alarm drains what the system has charged. T

http://tripageled.com/store/
Owner
Tristan Page
[email protected]
[email protected]
Dual low / Dual High beam led headlights. OEM appearance
http://tripageled.com/store/index.ph...product_id=236
Integrated Gear Indicator installed inside your cluster
http://tripageled.com/store/index.ph...product_id=116
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

another question, i noticed that my bike when i started it yesterday, it made a very weak starting noise like it was struggling to start. is this because of the cold weather? is my battery bad?, when i rode my bike home i took it off & put it on the charger(tender junior) & the light turned green after like 1 min, wat could be wrong? i got hids, scorpio alarm & neon lights that can be turned on if the bike is off...

05 CBR600RR TRIBAL

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 04:21 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Sounds like you have a parasitic drain that's drawing power even with key out of bike. Your clock should not be drawing 12 amps that's waaaaaayyyyy to much if you have a dmm(digital multi meter) unplug your negative on the battery and complete the circuit with your dmm reading amps, check the reading and if its more than .05Amps its bad. Next step while your dmm is still plugged in and you get a reading higher than that start pulling fuses 1 at a time when you pull a fuse and it drops to zero, you've found your problem check what's connected to that fuse and fix it. Hope this helps

DIY FE
3/6000K HID
Shogun Sliders
Hamaguchi full TI
CA Tailights
Hotbodies flushmounts
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 04:37 PM
C.F.A. member / whore

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
stealershipsss what d-bags, that must been kinda funny when you dropped the quarter in there tho like mr. bean would do that then peer in the hole and look around wondering if anyone saw it lol :)

and all that **** is killin your battery, you might wanna try an hid delay they draw a lot of power on startup, tripage sells the delays

2013 X5 35d (Tow)
2006 R6 (Track)
2003 600RR (Street)

2002 YZF 426 (Sold)
2000 CBR F4 (Totalled by Illegal U-turner)

Life is good
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFGO View Post
I am not completely sure on this but can't you just use a magnet on a string or magnetic rod to get the quarter out. If that doesn't work can you remove the tank as if you were going to change the fuel filter and gain access to the inside. I was going to change the fuel filter on my 03 and it looked fairly simple.
nope, a quarter is non-ferrous metal... not magnetic. Best bet is remove the tank, drain it and reinstall it.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

oh sh!t I forgot I also got these licensce plate led lights that are wired but they don't have leds on them its just dangling under the rear subframe, they used to turn on when ithe bike was on but now I just have the wires & no leds, maybe that's it? also wats a good volt meter to buy & where? btw, is the hid relay really helpful? I got this mod on my bike that charges the battery on idle, instead of 5000rpms.....any advice appreicated

05 CBR600RR TRIBAL

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 06:22 AM

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
to check to see if you have parastic draw
first of all unplug the dash so the clock doesnt interfere with the test
then unhook the negative cable.

run a wire between the battery post and the cable with a 12v light in the middle
if there is a parasitic draw the light will come on. then start unhooking things.
when the light goes out. you just found the problem.

it does sound like you have a lot of current draw. HIDS, neon, LEDs damn thats a lot of work on a stator.

to check it start the bike and put a voltmeter across the battery terminals. it should be more than 12v

or take the stator cover off. if you see part of it burned then that is the problem.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 06:50 AM
Knee Dragger

some one mentioned that a quarter won't stick to a magnet so i checked and they were right it wont and i don't think you could ever shake it out the filler hole so you would probably have to take the pump out of the bottom of the tank but it is very easy to do ,i don't know if the quarter will do any damage in the tank but if it was mine i would get it out.....

and i would bet money your alarm is the draw on your battery ,motorcycle batteries will last a long time as long as they don't ever get too low but when they get discharged some times they are never the same because they are so small....
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 01:57 AM

you could get a large set of mechanical fingers to get your quarter out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page