smokin????? - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
smokin?????

hey guys woke up this morning and was gettin ready to ride in to work. When i notice that out of the tail there seemed to be more activity in the back than usual. Im up and riding be 5:30 so when i start my bike usual it looks like smoke is coming out but its just heat. Today it seemed to be more than just heat. Now it was cold and drizzling so i didnt know if this had anything to do with it. So i just kinda ingnored it and rode to work.(5 miles) On my way in i loooked back at the tail pipe at a stop lights and noticed nothing unusual. Now when i got to work i parked the bike and looked again, nothing! As soon as i stopped, I saw what looked like smoke coming from under the front of the bike. I was late so i didnt have time to check it. It did have a smell to it like oil but i had my helmet and a face mask on so couldn't tell to much. Any ideas on what it might be. I have never dropped it only has 500 miles on it so no oil change yet. I am confused on what it could be. Should i take it in to the dealer when i get out of work today? Thanks guys cheers
:beer:

Scan2

RIDE RED
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 10:09 AM
Pocketbike Racer

its condensation from moisture hitting the headers, if you ride in the rain you will get a steambath on your windscreen.. shoulda seen mine yesterday on the way home.. the steam is so bad it was fogging my faceshield on my helmet.. no worries.. did "smoke" also catch up to you at lights? like when you stopped a rush came up from behind?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 10:16 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
It should be under some sort of warranty its always better to be safe then sorry because oil is nothing to be playing around with in the automotive world.

Look for spots on the ground when you get out. also smell around the lower fairings and if you can get your hand in there near the drain plug and see if it has oil on it. good luck bro.

Need parts for 08.. Headlights, subframe, front brake reservoir, all fairings, Complete set of clip-ons with all electrical. email or PM me if you have any of these for sale thanks.

email= [email protected]

Official 600rr.net Squid Member #1

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 10:37 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaNe View Post
It should be under some sort of warranty its always better to be safe then sorry because oil is nothing to be playing around with in the automotive world.

Look for spots on the ground when you get out. also smell around the lower fairings and if you can get your hand in there near the drain plug and see if it has oil on it. good luck bro.
X2, good advice

|--Honda Racing----| | | '|";,__.
|_..._...__________| |_|_|.....,]
"(@)'(@)""""*|(@)(@)*****(@)

-Andrew
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

didnt notice any smoke at the stop lights but there are only 3 or 4 on my way to work. Just when i got to work its only about a 15 minute ride in. I'll check it on my lunch break it usually warms up to around 70 by then. thanks for the help

Scan2

RIDE RED
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 02:27 PM
Knightslugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scan2 View Post
Now it was cold and drizzling so i didnt know if this had anything to do with it.
It's cold. it's just cooler exhaust gases with water. nothing to worry about. the hotter the pipe gets, the less condensation you'll see.

Quote:
As soon as i stopped, I saw what looked like smoke coming from under the front of the bike.
Rain + Hot Headers + Hot Radiator = Steam

again, nothing to worry about.

Quote:
Should i take it in to the dealer when i get out of work today? Thanks guys cheers
:beer:
Unless you enjoy spending money you don't have to... i'd say no.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

well i rode home it was about 60 degrees and just the regular heat was comming out the back so im pretty sure nothin was wrong this morning just some steam off the engine. Well thank for all the help and easing my worries at work guys lata... time for saturday night to start:all_cohol

Scan2

RIDE RED
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page