Cluster Questi0n.. - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 02:39 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Cluster Questi0n..

S0rry if this is a NewB questi0n But..

I b0ught my RR' ab0ut 6 m0nths ag0, and the guy I b0ught it fr0m menti0ned that the cluster butt0ns didn't w0rk...The bike is still under warranty, s0 I asked him why he just didn't bring it in to be serviced?!? He said that the dealership w0uld have to replace the gauge cluster, in d0ing so RESET the milage on the bike...is this true?!? I w0uld think you sh0uld be able to plug in a new cluster with0ut resetting your milage, but idk..Any info helps, I tried searching' the f0rums but I didn't find much on it...

Thankz Guyz!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 03:00 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
the mileage information is probably stored inside the cluster, on a chip similar to the way the bios settings are stored on a computer motherboard. replace the cluster, the stored mileage goes out with the old one. being a dealer though, they should be able to run the mileage on the new cluster up to what the old one read. I know some car companies do this, but since i've never had to deal with it on a bike i don't know for sure. call the honda dealer and ask.

or, you can try to find a used cluster from a board member with stored mileage in the ballpark of yours. that'd probably be the cheapest if you can find one, and i see people on here looking to buy used clusters pretty frequently.

what year is this bike?

Last edited by dc_sniper9130; 12-27-2007 at 03:04 AM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 10:44 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
The same thing happened on my '03. I just pulled the cluster apart and super glued the tabs inside. I never had another problem after that and it was pretty easy to do. I think there is a thread somewhere on how to do it...

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
It's an 03'...I remember seeing a thread ab0ut super glue'ing the clips for the butt0ns, But i'd rather just get the whole cluster replaced and not have to w0rry ab0ut it ya kn0w?!? I'ma call h0nda 2 day and see what they say...

Thanks guys!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 03:31 PM
Knightslugger

0r y0u c0uld send it in to Bluegauges.c0m

http://www.bluegauges.com/mileages.htm

and have them repr0gram the milage int0 y0ur meter...

also, useing the number zer0 in place of the letter '0' is very aggravating. ST0P THAT!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 06:52 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rez0nate View Post
It's an 03'...I remember seeing a thread ab0ut super glue'ing the clips for the butt0ns, But i'd rather just get the whole cluster replaced and not have to w0rry ab0ut it ya kn0w?!? I'ma call h0nda 2 day and see what they say...

Thanks guys!
IMO, the new one will probably do the same thing the old one did. Replacement cluster + $40 + shipping = $$$$ or $5 for a bottle of super glue and about 90 mins worth of work?

It's up to you to decide. I guess it depends on your mechanical ability. Once I finished I wished I had fixed it sooner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page