Heeellllp!!!!!!!!! - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 02:08 AM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Heeellllp!!!!!!!!!

I know I know, yet ANOTHER won't start thread. Anyways, I have an 05 600rr. The last few times that I rode it before this winter, it acted kinda "sluggish" to start. You know, the slow turn over a few times and then finally starting. Well, I normally go out about once every week or so to start it during the winter and let it run just to keep a charge on the battery. I did so this winter up until a few weeks ago. I went out, and, the lights all turned on, fuel pump purged, and all that happened when I hit the starter button was the lights went off. Not even a "CLICK". After reading around, I figured since the battery is close to 3 years old, that's the issue. But, I bought a charger first and charged it over night. Took it out to the bike, re-installed it, and the SAME THING!
At that point I was SURE it must be a bad battery. That was until tonight. I just wanted to get it running so I tried "bump" starting it. after 3 or 4 tries with it NOT working, I was tired and gave up. I pushed it back into the garage and the key was still on. Here's where it gets confusing......I accidently bumped the started button, and BOOM! Fired right up!? WTF? What is the problem do you think? Please help! I just don't want to get stranded now that it is working. I shut it off and started it back up without any issues too by the way! Thanks for ANY help!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 02:53 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
take the tank cover off and replace everything under it...

yea sorry couldnt resist. Not sure at all but it doesnt sound battery related, unless the battery is getting weak. Can you take it somewhere and get a load test. If it passes then I would look at the ignition system. good luck.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 09:58 AM
Knightslugger

hmm...

hit and miss starting. sounds like an electrical connection needs to be refreshed. If the engine did start the bike without trouble, it's not the battery.

do your bike a favor though. stop starting the bike in the winter. you're killing it. If you're not riding, don't start it. take the battery out, and leave the bike alone.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 10:19 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
maybe u should check the fuses?
the metal ends on the fuses might be a bit dirty and have a bad contact point...
just pull em out one by one...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 12:17 AM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
the more I think about it, the more I think maybe a grounding issue. Does anyone know where the ground/'s for the battery attach?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page