Inception. ** SPOILER WARNING ** - 600RR.net
Movie / Music Reviews Got a great movie / CD you just saw/heard and want to let others know aobut it, post your comments here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Thumbs up Inception. ** SPOILER WARNING **

I got an invite to a free pre-screening of "Inception" last night! I have been seeing some previews of the movie but I haven't really listened to what the previews were saying at all and I hadn't read anything about what the movie was about. So I went into it without any kind of expectations what so ever.

I love Science Fiction and this one did not disappoint!! I thought it was a great movie. It was shown at the Rave Theater here in Omaha. If you haven't been to a Rave theater all their movies are shown in DLP Digital Projection. If you have a chance to see it on some kind of digital projection do it. An old film reel theater just wouldn't do it justice

It is pretty action packed, lots of twists and turns, gets a little deep, and leaves you thinking with a little bit of a hanger at the end. I would pay money to see it again and recommend everyone to go see it when it opens Friday!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 03:51 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks for the advice my girlfriend wants to see it bad and I thought it looked ok but was not sure about it. But I will definately go see it this weekend. Does anyone know if it will be shown in 3d?

Mods:
Frame sliders
spool sliders
red rim tape
carbon tank pad
carbon gas cap cover
flushmount front smoke turn signals
smoke rear turn signals
Devil slip-on
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 01:27 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Cant wait for this movie!!! i've watched every preview like 10x. gonna go see it in Imax for sure. I love how the movie is made like the Dark Knight (same producer/director?) since it adds value and to the already good plot and characters.

* * 600RR Ex-Track Junkie * *
Current bike - Yamaha Liquid Silver R1

- Competition Breeds Excellence -

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 01:07 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Just got back from this movie... It was really good... but I'm confused as hell by some things. I need to watch it again.

At first I thought people were BS'ing when they said it was Matrix like but it definitely is a trip.
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 10:12 AM
She thinks my tractor's sexy, it really turns her on....

Best movie I've seen at the theater in awhile. I wish it were already out on dvd so i could watch it a few more times and catch small details to maybe explain some things. This movie is....well lets just put it this way, we could talk about every aspect of this movie in depthly, and it wouldn't spoil it for anyone....b/c even the ppl who've seen it have no idea wth is going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaRider aka: PAMANI View Post
haha, me and my whore gee
My Name Is Alan ! ! ! I'm also known as OPTIMUS PRIME...
Office Monkey #2
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 11:05 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
lol, its funny hearing how confused the movie made everyone. At one point I remember thinking how probably 90% of the people that watch it get lost at some point.

I thought it was sweet, but some stuff didnt add up. If 5 minutes of waking consciousness equaled an hour of dream time, thats 12x not 20x. and when the van drives off the bridge, it had 5 seconds (respectively) giving the dude in the hotel only about a minute to do all the stuff he did in weightlessness.

And I also found it interesting that no **** went down after they ALL woke up next to each other.

Regardless, the idea of Limbo is ******* scary. I understood that leo didnt age because they were in the asian guys' limbo world, and he was his projection, but I had an emotional time imagining spending lifetimes searching, waiting.... powerful stuff

I give the movie a 9. I liked how it dealt with a lot of real-life lucid dreaming theory and technique. Truly a trip and a test of the imagination. Go see it.

Last edited by ProWakeskater; 07-19-2010 at 12:18 PM.
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 08:21 PM
The Asian Persuasion

Feedback Score: 65 reviews
Heard nothing but good stuff about the movie myself. Going to try and catch it in the next few wks.

post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 08:40 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatstud View Post
Heard nothing but good stuff about the movie myself. Going to try and catch it in the next few wks.
definitely gonna see this soon.
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 09:09 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 80 reviews
saw it last night. the movie was pretty bad ass. Can't wait till it comes out on video. I missed a few things about the jerks that I would like to pick up.
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 09:21 PM
World Superbike Racer

dreamviews.com if any of you are interested in doing what they do in the movie... only without sharing
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 01:43 AM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProWakeskater View Post
lol, its funny hearing how confused the movie made everyone. At one point I remember thinking how probably 90% of the people that watch it get lost at some point.

I thought it was sweet, but some stuff didnt add up. If 5 minutes of waking consciousness equaled an hour of dream time, thats 12x not 20x. and when the van drives off the bridge, it had 5 seconds (respectively) giving the dude in the hotel only about a minute to do all the stuff he did in weightlessness.

And I also found it interesting that no **** went down after they ALL woke up next to each other.

Regardless, the idea of Limbo is ******* scary. I understood that leo didnt age because they were in the asian guys' limbo world, and he was his projection, but I had an emotional time imagining spending lifetimes searching, waiting.... powerful stuff

I give the movie a 9. I liked how it dealt with a lot of real-life lucid dreaming theory and technique. Truly a trip and a test of the imagination. Go see it.
They weren't specific with the algorithm used to calculate the time compounding in different levels of a dream. Something like, a few of minutes in the first level equals a week in the 2nd level, which equals to 6 months in the 3rd level... and so on. (sorry math geek here)

the whole movie is definitely a mind-boggler and keeps you thinking. awesome action sequences and special Fx.

The real question is: did the top stop spinning in the end????

post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 02:43 AM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalCBR06 View Post
They weren't specific with the algorithm used to calculate the time compounding in different levels of a dream. Something like, a few of minutes in the first level equals a week in the 2nd level, which equals to 6 months in the 3rd level... and so on. (sorry math geek here)

the whole movie is definitely a mind-boggler and keeps you thinking. awesome action sequences and special Fx.

It did explain the algorithm as 20x, so T = t20^L with L representing the Level (no apologies needed ;)

I believe it stopped. But what a great way to end it :D
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 03:00 AM
World Superbike Racer

you know what would make more sense would be T = t(20^((L^2)-L))

yeah that works a lot better.
post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 10:30 PM
Knee Dragger

Planning to watch it tonight. Can't wait! A buddy claims that it's better than Matrix. Is he right?
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 08:06 PM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:

Quote:
It did explain the algorithm as 20x, so T = t20^L with L representing the Level (no apologies needed ;)

The real question you should ask yourself is not whether the top stopped but what does it prove if the top stopped or not?

That it would be proof that what we see at the end is real?

How so?

The top, Leo's totem, is not even his totem. It's his wife's totem. It's supposed to be something you keep hidden from everybody else so their dream can't recreate it and you know the difference. He's been carrying that top around in plain view of his whole team for awhile because he gave up architecting dreams so it doesn't matter if people knew "his" totem anymore. If he was still in a dream at the end, the top could have fallen or stopped and it would prove nothing. The movie put a lot of importance on that scene of the top falling fully knowing we've been told long ago that your totem needs to be a secret from everybody else, which the top was not.

If the top stopped, it's because even though he's in a dream, he's let go of the regret and pain of the loss of his wife. Still a dream though. If it didn't stop, that's still a dead give-away he's still dreaming.

See what I'm getting at?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XBrY9Xukrc

^^CBR600RR Trackday Videos - Updated 4-5-11^^**

2011 Trackday Counter: 2
Next Trackday: ?????

Last edited by Kurosaki; 07-21-2010 at 08:21 PM.
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 08:12 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Best movie I have ever seen...
post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 08:17 PM
World Superbike Racer

Also consider some other strange occurrences in what is supposed to be reality.

The people chasing him. Who the hell are they? Corporate goons chasing him around the world? Seems a little strange, no? Seems awfully similar any other time characters were getting attacked by someone's dream projection. Think about it.

Running through the streets of Africa, he tries to run through two buildings. The walls start closing in real tight. Now you can either believe 1 of 2 things. The buildings were not constructed parallel to each other. Or 2) it's a dream and that oh so common "the walls are closing in" feeling you get when you're in trouble is being projected in the dream and he barely makes it out of that tight spot... Think about it.

At the end of all that, Saito shows up and saves him? Maybe believable but possibly strange enough to question it... Think about it.

When he's thinking back to when his wife jumped off the ledge, what the hell was she doing in a room in a building over there? How'd she get there? When he walks into the room, it's thrashed. And he finds his wife on a ledge on the other side. How'd she get there? Possibly a dream reflection of the space that was growing between them because he was convinced he was back in reality and she was not? She decided the world they were currently in was not real. Was she wrong to jump? How do we know? She could have been right and woken up from that dream. Think about it.

Where the hell did this shared dream tech come from anyway? No one explained that. The world is not terribly advanced. It's not like they were driving flying cars and living on the moon. In a dream, you don't know you're dreaming initially and dream sharing tech is just part of the world. Doesn't matter how it works. If you dream there's dream sharing tech, then it's done. The dream makes it work... Think about it.

There's lots of things to lead to the conclusion that the whole thing is a dream.

post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 05:37 PM
Knee Dragger

Just saw the movie last night and worth every penny. Two thumbs up.
post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 06:20 PM
Knee Dragger

good point to the above post and this post. The totem... It just makes you wonder about it some more..will definitely watch it again when it comes to video. In the end, the kids doesnt seem to have change that much or at all, everything was the same as they were in his dreams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosaki View Post

The people chasing him. Who the hell are they? Corporate goons chasing him around the world? Seems a little strange, no? Seems awfully similar any other time characters were getting attacked by someone's dream projection. Think about it.

Running through the streets of Africa, he tries to run through two buildings. The walls start closing in real tight. Now you can either believe 1 of 2 things. The buildings were not constructed parallel to each other. Or 2) it's a dream and that oh so common "the walls are closing in" feeling you get when you're in trouble is being projected in the dream and he barely makes it out of that tight spot... Think about it.

At the end of all that, Saito shows up and saves him? Maybe believable but possibly strange enough to question it... Think about it.

When he's thinking back to when his wife jumped off the ledge, what the hell was she doing in a room in a building over there? How'd she get there? When he walks into the room, it's thrashed. And he finds his wife on a ledge on the other side. How'd she get there? Possibly a dream reflection of the space that was growing between them because he was convinced he was back in reality and she was not? She decided the world they were currently in was not real. Was she wrong to jump? How do we know? She could have been right and woken up from that dream. Think about it.

Where the hell did this shared dream tech come from anyway? No one explained that. The world is not terribly advanced. It's not like they were driving flying cars and living on the moon. In a dream, you don't know you're dreaming initially and dream sharing tech is just part of the world. Doesn't matter how it works. If you dream there's dream sharing tech, then it's done. The dream makes it work... Think about it.

There's lots of things to lead to the conclusion that the whole thing is a dream.
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 12:38 AM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
The real question you should ask yourself is not whether the top stopped but what does it prove if the top stopped or not?

How so?

The top, Leo's totem, is not even his totem. It's his wife's totem. It's supposed to be something you keep hidden from everybody else so their dream can't recreate it and you know the difference. He's been carrying that top around in plain view of his whole team for awhile because he gave up architecting dreams so it doesn't matter if people knew "his" totem anymore. If he was still in a dream at the end, the top could have fallen or stopped and it would prove nothing. The movie put a lot of importance on that scene of the top falling fully knowing we've been told long ago that your totem needs to be a secret from everybody else, which the top was not.

If the top stopped, it's because even though he's in a dream, he's let go of the regret and pain of the loss of his wife. Still a dream though. If it didn't stop, that's still a dead give-away he's still dreaming.

See what I'm getting at?
Quote:

Great observations! I usually start picking up on things like that after the 3rd/4th time I watch a movie like this.

That's why I said it gets a little deep and makes you think in my review. It doesn't just give you everything. I like movies that make you think and force you to open up your mind to try to get your mind wrapped around an idea or like in this case the whole damn movie!

I felt it had Matrix-esque type ideas and some similar types of the action in it. I liked the Matrix movies a lot. The more I watch those movies the deeper it makes me think and I have a feeling it is going to be the same with this one.
post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 12:49 AM
Training Wheel Hero

THis is the best movie I have seen since the matrix
post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 12:58 AM
Knee Dragger

Great movie !!! Loved this one .. Will be buying it (3rd movie i ever bought .. #1 - gattaca, #2 - Collateral , #3 <- will be inception)
post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 02:27 AM
World Superbike Racer

GREAT observations, Kurosaki. Although I believe the crazed bitch just found what room that was across the window beforehand. she definitely premeditated that scene enough to plan out a 2-room hotel stay for the night. But it would also draw another concern for the investigating police. How could it be a murder if she jumped from the OTHER side. Flaw.

Quote:
Where the hell did this shared dream tech come from anyway? No one explained that. The world is not terribly advanced.
watch technocalypse.
post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 03:33 AM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpetersen0619 View Post
THis is the best movie I have seen since the matrix
This is exactly what I said when I walked out of the theater. Really glad I went out to see it, and I will probably go see it again too.
post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 04:12 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
it's a good movie. worth a rewatch. layered, interesting.
well-paced, and thought provocative.

go watch it.

2007 600RR - Arata Full Ti, Bazzaz ZFI/AFM, Pipercross Race filter, Repsol 4T synthetic, 520 ERV3 conversion, 15/43 renthal sprockets, Galfer Superbike brake lines, Vesrah RJL's, Bridgestone BT002 Pro Soft/Medium, Vortex rearsets, Ten kate replica intake, red/white/black rattle can spray job.

R.I.P. Chenhan Wu aka Phatstud 05/08/1980-10/19/2010. May you find Peace and may Peace find you.

post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 12:44 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 17 reviews
I saw it in Imax and damn was it great. Best movie I have seen in a while.
post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 08:57 AM
She thinks my tractor's sexy, it really turns her on....

Quote:

I've told everyone I've talked to about it pretty much everythign you just said in both posts kurosaki. The more I reflect the more I think that we never actually saw reality. I think the wife was right. I think that they were in a dream. As far as the ending.....The kids were in the same clothes on as they did in all of his memories. The ending was VERY dream sequence esq if your paying attention and forget how much you want him to get back to his kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaRider aka: PAMANI View Post
haha, me and my whore gee
My Name Is Alan ! ! ! I'm also known as OPTIMUS PRIME...
Office Monkey #2
post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 09:50 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:

what I meant was they didn't specify the exact formula for time compounding, but you could be correct.

Altho T=(20t)^L for t:10hrs and L:2 = 55 months which isn't correct for the second level which they said is about 6months I believe

What I remember is that the "special sedative" that they used dramatically extends the dream time compared to the normal dream state.

I've seen it twice and also believe Cobb's totem falls in the end.

Quote:

How so?

See what I'm getting at?
I think its pretty important to know whether the totem stops in the end because generally the audience wants to know if the whole movie was a dream or not. although this is probably Chris Nolan's intent; to make people wonder and make their own conclusions about the movie.

I've read quite a few explanations about the movie and from what I gather, there can be 3 theories.

1. The whole movie is real / its Cobb's dream (however you want to interpret it)

2. Its Mal's dream and she's trying to wake up Cobb, thats why she wants Cobb to kill himself.

3. Its Cobb's dad's dream (yes that sounds weird). Someone told me this, plus Cobb's dad say's "Come back to reality" when they meet in the classroom.

post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 02:01 AM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
I think its pretty important to know whether the totem stops in the end because generally the audience wants to know if the whole movie was a dream or not. although this is probably Chris Nolan's intent; to make people wonder and make their own conclusions about the movie.
It doesn't really matter though. It's not even his totem. It wouldn't definitively prove anything.

post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 03:10 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Loved the movie.. only one thing i have yet to figure out. When Mal shot Fisher when they were in the ice cave thing.. Didn't he die ? Thus sending him into limbo... But yet Leo and Ellen characters go deeper into Leo's dream where they find Mal in the house and Fisher on the balcony... Shouldn't he be in limbo since he died in the ice cave ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page