Dexter: spoiler - 600RR.net
Movie / Music Reviews Got a great movie / CD you just saw/heard and want to let others know aobut it, post your comments here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-24-2013, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dexter: spoiler

I don't know if anybody watches Dexter, but my wife and I just watched the series finale. What a great show and the first ending to a long running show or movies series were I wasn't disappointed. Lost, The Matrix, all were disappointing or left feeling jaded. I never watched soprano's, but I know that was an ending not many liked.

Well I will surely miss Dexter. It was a good qwerky show and I was always entertained. My favorite line is "*uck me balls" from the show.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 11:45 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

You have got to be joking!!! This was THE worst ending to a tv show I have ever seen. He drives his boat into a hurricane off the coast of Miami, the boat smashes into a million pieces and somehow he survived and is living in a logging town?!? Where would the closes logging town be to Miami? Somewhere northwest! Give me a break. This was such bullshit, I had such a better ending in my mind.

It felt like the writers ran out of ideas and just came up with something while on the crapper.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 11:46 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamic View Post
You have got to be joking!!! This was THE worst ending to a tv show I have ever seen. He drives his boat into a hurricane off the coast of Miami, the boat smashes into a million pieces and somehow he survived and is living in a logging town?!? Where would the closes logging town be to Miami? Somewhere northwest! Give me a break. This was such bullshit, I had such a better ending in my mind.

It felt like the writers ran out of ideas and just came up with something while on the crapper.

Drift Camera Forum - http://driftcamforum.com/

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 11:47 AM
BOTY Winner 2015 - BOTM Winner 04/2015

Thanked 1,266 Times in 1,146 Posts
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
i'll probably watch this dexter you speak of, one day...

YouTube Channel

----------------------------------------------------------------
kali_cbr600rr - build/progress (2007 blue/silver)
kali_cbr600rr - GoPro/Video adventures

4 sale: A Lot Of Stuff - Look at the "For Sale" section!!!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Ha, yeah I can see your point. The whole show is built on unbelievable events. I mean his son is hanging out with "Hannah" who everyone knows is a killer, but he never once mentions it to his baby sitter? Lol

I think it was more believable(in the context of the show) that Dexter is not able to live a normal life. Through the entire show, you knew eventually his son would find out or pay the price for Dexters actions. To think he could go live a normal live, just didn't seem logical to me. So from that point, I like that he walked away from his life. I find it very fitting. Him going and living his life with his son and Hannah is a fairy tale ending. Maybe they could have went another way, but they wrapped up the show in a good way if you believe he could never live a normal life and keep his family out of it.

What were you expecting?

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 01:51 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ending wasn't great but i didn't think it was as bad as everyone is saying. And really it took you till the last episode to discover that the show isn't very realistic? You can list hundreds of things per episode and say yea rightt for any TV show so why just pick the last episode as an example . but the point is he drove his boat to the edge of Hurricane, some how he got back and he's a logger. Not necessarily in Miami. Why would he ever be back in Miami?

But it's just a show, I liked it. Started to get old after the 4th and 5th season. If you haven't started watching breaking bad though definitely get on that. I think it's much better than dexter

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-28-2013, 07:50 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

He escaped the hurricane on a motorized liferaft, they dedicated an entire scene to it to tie it in when Dexter tried selling his boat and the buyer didnt like it cause of the small beer cooler. Dexter went in detail about all the features including said liferaft. Motoring in close to the hurricane, inflating the raft, and motoring out, abandoning the boat is plausible. Also, he just had to get to land, not get to Oregon on the raft. Planes, trains, and cars do wonders when it comes to transportation. Regardless, the ending sucked. I don't care if he felt like he was the anchor sinking everyone around him. Man up, accept responsibility for your obligations and try your best. They already implied his love for Hannah overpowered his addiction. He could've either tried to quit killing or tried to juggle both lives, point is he had people counting on him and quitting was a selfish way out. That said, I don't think he or any man could stay away from those you love in a self inflicted exile. Eventually he will search them out and I think that's the point.

Oh and breaking bad was great clear up until they gave that self entitled, arrogant, feminist fawking b!tch Skyler anything more than a role as an extra. She ruined the entire show and ultimately I stopped watching because of her.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashes For This Useful Post:
Njzhitman88 (09-28-2013)
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-28-2013, 11:26 AM
Knee Dragger

The purple kenworth he rolled up on, works around Portland...seen it several times. (Yeah, I am an owner operator too)

That being said...I felt the end was rushed. To off Debra and just be like....**** it....there needed to be a lot more done there. If they were going down that route...why not turn her into a veg a few episodes back so Dexter could go through the whole gymnastic of knowing he lost the most important person in his life....all the characters that were relevant have the reaction...and then do the ocean drop.

I would have been good with either a happy or sad ending...but the purgatory ending that was chosen just opens itself to a sequal....or movie.

Happy: Dexter dumps Deb, fakes death...Hannah sees the information on the newspaper and starts crying...Dexter walks up and asks why she is crying...roll credits...that'd be happy enough.

Sad: Dexter dies in the hurricane....he's had enough because of guilt over his sister's death.

Bad: Dexter is a log truck driver....No, just **** no.

Quality of life vs. Quantity of life. Your mileage may vary.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-28-2013, 09:34 PM
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,718 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Odd ending, I was happy with the sunken boat thing. The logging thing, not so much...but it's over and I'll probably never give it another thought.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-28-2013, 10:01 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I also wish they just left it at him taking his life by going toward the storm. The logging thing was so random. Numerous times throughout the series dexter would specifically mention how he wanted the best for Harrison and in the end he left his son for good?? Especially when him and Hannah were pretty much set up for a new life. The ending defiantly seemed rushed and I felt the producers ran out of ideas. Regardless of the ending it was a very entertaining show. My favorite was the trinity killer.

/V I |2 4 |_
2011 Cbr 600rr
TST Industries I.T., Fender Elim., Halo-1 Flushmounts- Yoshimura RS5 Carbon Fiber Slipon- Zero Gravity Windscreen- Tripage LED Pegs, Brake Flasher Relay- Woodcraft Frame Sliders- Driven D3 Grips, Heavy Weight Bar Ends
More To Come...
Experience is not what happens to you; it's what you do with what happens to you.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 01:55 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

the ex show runner/writer wanted it to end somthing like this.

"In the very last scene of the series, Dexter wakes up," Phillips explained. "And everybody is going to think, 'Oh, it was a dream', and then the camera pulls back and back and back and then we realize, 'No, it's not a dream'."Dexter's opening his eyes and he's on the execution table at the Florida Penitentiary. They're just starting to administer the drugs and he looks out through the window to the observation gallery, and in the gallery are all the people that Dexter killed."

http://m.digitalspy.com/tv/s64/dexte...howrunner.html

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 09:25 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Thank God I quit watching Dexter two years ago.

He could have been dreaming the whole time only to wake up, look in the mirror,
and discover he's really Ticklesh*ts suffering from a bad burrito

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________
Thank you for purchasing a 600rr as your first bike.
The odds are strong that you will successfully add to our classified section and help lower parts prices

Crash Stats: Length of ownership
https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=313730

Last edited by Tater S; 10-01-2013 at 09:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page