The Prestige - 600RR.net
Movie / Music Reviews Got a great movie / CD you just saw/heard and want to let others know aobut it, post your comments here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The Prestige

This is the movie I thought I was seeing when I saw The Illusionist. Even though they both use magic as a plot instrument, the movies are different. The Prestige is more of a thriller/love story where as The Illusionist is more of a love story with a few thrilling elements in it. You can definitly tell that The Prestige was directed by Christopher Nolan, the guy who did Momento. He also did Batman Begins, but Momento and The Prestige are nothing like it.

Anyway, the movie has some violence in it, but nothing too over the top. The cast is top notch. Christian Bale, Hugh Jackman and Michael Cane all do great jobs in their respective parts. The chemistry between Bale and Cane on screen is great because of their work on Batman Begins, but its short due to the plot. Jackman is able to develop some of that chemistry with Cane and does a great job as well. Scarlett Jo looks FANTASTIC in this movie and offers up a great supporting role. Her role is small, but it is important and she is a great actress. And really hot to boot.

The plot twist at the end is pretty good. Some people may see it coming and its nothing too spectacular, but if you get absorbed in the movie like I did, it will be a pretty good twist for you.

Over all its a 3 out of 4 star movie. Great flick with a great plot and great acting. Highly recommended.

"Oh and if you dare say that I dont know whats it like get a freakin clue! I date models and strippers. So dont tell me that I dont know whats its like!" - BDiddy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 11:03 PM

want to see too...
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 11:23 PM

Thanks Ebert

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Hey you have to admit that my reviews are better than the others that go like this:

this movie kicks so much azz!!!!!! go see it!!!! it rulez!!!!

"Oh and if you dare say that I dont know whats it like get a freakin clue! I date models and strippers. So dont tell me that I dont know whats its like!" - BDiddy
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 05:11 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

I have to admit, BDiddy's reviews are usually right on the money. The dude knows his $hit about actors / directors, etc.

The only suggestion of his that sucked was Jawbreaker. It was one of the worst movies I've seen. The only way I can describe this movie is "fuct up." However, I did watch it all the way through for some reason. My girlfriend on the other hand, got up and left the house. When she returned, she was "disappointed in me" that I watched the rest of the filthy movie.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenZ-03rr
The only suggestion of his that sucked was Jawbreaker. It was one of the worst movies I've seen. The only way I can describe this movie is "fuct up." However, I did watch it all the way through for some reason. My girlfriend on the other hand, got up and left the house. When she returned, she was "disappointed in me" that I watched the rest of the filthy movie.

How can I recommend Jawbreaker? Ive never seen it, except parts of it on USA and even then I couldnt bear to watch it.

Seriously, Ive never reccomended that movie. Or I did in jest and you took it seriously.

But Ive never even seen the movie.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Dude I even searched this site for "Jawbreaker" and all that came up was this thread with you saying I said to see it! :P

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 05:26 PM

I just saw this movie lastnight with a buddy

The twist at the end caught me by surprise.. We just looked at each other and went "holy ****." The end up the moving just kept topping itself with bizarre more and more stuff. Anyway I enjoyed the movie
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 06:28 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Momento was cool, I will have to check this out.

2003 Black 600RR
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 06:51 PM

great movie imo, me and the wifey were glued to our seats, i figured the ending out once they kept showing his partners face over and over
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page