The Po-Po at Races - 600RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Thumbs down The Po-Po at Races

I’ve been to three sanctioned-big bike racing events in the last year (Infineon-AMA, Laguna Seca-MotoGP and Fontana-AMA this weekend). At all three events, it was nothing but cops EVERYWHERE…and I mean EVERYWHERE pulling over sportbike riders left and right. 5, 10, 15, 20 cops at every twist & turn leading in and out of the track.

I guess here’s my point. I think its complete bull$hit that you can’t attend one of these events without running the gauntlet of motorcycle, unmarked and regular cops at every access point to the track….. writing up everyone for everything. If this is how its going to be, I might as well stay home and keep my hard earned dollars for something else.

Has anybody had the same experience at Indy or Road Atlanta, Mid-Ohio, Barber, Daytona etc? Is this how it is for Nascar?

These are just normal, hard working folks trying to escape from their problems for a weekend and go to these events on their motorcycles, you know, one of these reasons you ride a bike…to have fun

Its all so wrong

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 09:35 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I've never had the pleasure of going to a race. I plan on going to njmp this fall but if cops are gunna be like that I may just go ride somewhere for that day.

But in all honesty we do get hassled for just about anything these days. Makes me wanna buy a Harley... Haha yeah right.

Four Wheels Move The Body. Two Wheels Move The Soul.

post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 11:45 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I really don't have to worry about that..........

05 CBR 600rr: Black/gunmetal tribal, full Yosh titanium exhaust, Michelin PP, fender eliminator, integrated signal, and Gregg's custom's flush mounts. SOLD

K7 600: Blue/White

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 11:48 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
never had the pleasure of going to a race, however, galveston, tx has a big biker rally every year, last year was the worst. cops were giving tickets for nething and everything. my roomate had his bike impounded. he did have it back within and hr or so tho.
but yea, i wont go back next year, not fun when you know cops are just out waiting to give as many tickets as they can.

RIP PHATTY
05/08/1980-10/19/2010
VOTE RON PAUL 2012
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 11:51 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DStewart View Post
I really don't have to worry about that..........

some of us do and it pisses uss off, iv been to Moto GP at seca and it has been the best time of my life riding there, but beeing there was terror by the po-po's

iv been in europe as well in mugello, and that is completly other story.. no one is toutching you cops are prezent but will not do to you anything unless u cause a crash... and the roads around the track are very limited to cars adn everything is set up... people wheelie next to the popos adn they just encourage ppl to have sun... when it is over now thats a different story.. :)

cbr 600 RR 2004
Driven D3's
DDM HID 55w 6k high/low
CRG Adjustable Levers (Gray)

www.facebook.com/stexmne
R.I.P. Phatstud
BB Pin 23BC2D2B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
4. I believe you are born with the motorcycle fever in your blood
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 11:52 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
i went to the Canada Superbike Races at Calabogie and experienced a definit presence of cops but they weren't really pulling over riders left and right,, infact i didn't see any one get pulled over... but there were lots of cops there
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 11:56 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 56 reviews
i dont like cops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbylitenin View Post
I wanna learn from the master king dingaling
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 12:19 AM
Training Wheel Hero

A lie i once heard: "we're innocent until proved guilty"
But the truth is absurd
We're poor until proved rich
And the scales of justice are fixed by lying pigs

A plot of human terror unfolds behind the precinct door
To cage all the minorities, the immigrants and poor
Next they'll hunt the handicapped, disabled blind and deaf
And what will all these piggies do, ha! when there's no one left

Swat police in riot gear are bombing us tonight
An all our civil liberties will die by morning's light
While crooked politicians lie and rig the ballot book
We whitewash fake democracy and paint another coat

-A few wise words from Leftover Crack
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 12:50 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 18 reviews
This will be my 4th year at Seca for the MotoGP races, and yeah, you're right, there are police EVERYWHERE. I had one fly by me on the 1 south doing like 90 to go catch another bike. They have quotas to make, and though it sucks to admit it, watching the races really brings out some people's inner squid, and the cops know it, so they have easy pickings for a weekend. It's gay, I agree.

The one places where I don't really mid it so much though is on that crazy access road that actually leads you off of Reservation and into the track area. They have officers posted every couple turns and I think it's a good idea. They tell you to go SLOW and give a very clear picture of what will happen if you ride like an a$$ on that road. There are tens of thousands of bikes coming down that road on race weekends and unfortunately, posting that many cops is apparently the only way they can ensure that everyone will get there safely, and that there (Hopefully) won't be any accidents caused by speeding or reckless driving. Just imagine how bad traffic would be backed up if there was a serious crash...bad times.

So like I said, as far as highway 1 right near the track, and all over Monterey, yeah, it's lame that there is 5-0 all over and just itching to write people up for license plate mounts and lack of mirrors, but the access roads have to be heavily patrolled, imho.

I will forever refuse to recognize the limits that others would place on what I can, and cannot do.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 01:09 AM
C.F.A. member / whore

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i was at fontana as well, i had to drive because my non-riding friend came with me but we were commenting the entire time how it's like a cop-holiday... my friends that rode got pulled over on the way up and back... i cant wait until my brothers a cop !

2013 X5 35d (Tow)
2006 R6 (Track)
2003 600RR (Street)

2002 YZF 426 (Sold)
2000 CBR F4 (Totalled by Illegal U-turner)

Life is good
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 03:36 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
been to both laguna and fontana...laguna was stupid...they have cops on the bridges telling their cohorts to pull you over...our whole group got pulled over for going 75 in one lane not doing anything remotely stupid...then he ticketed people for a bunch of fix it crap....fontana was the same thing although the cops werent as whack...they pulled over a group of vest crew squids cuz those people kept trying to rev their crap and did some wheelies...i understand the presence there for safety and what not...but yeah they are just looking for things to get you with even though you arent doing anything dumb...but if you are then sure you deserve to get pulled over

2006 CBR 600RR v.2 (picked up 08/18/2007)
2006 CBR 600RR v.1 (lowsided 07/22/07 @ appx. 9:55am)
1996 Honda Prelude VTEC
2005 Mercedes Benz C230 Kompressor Sedan (R.I.P. 12/22/2010)
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 03:59 PM
Pocketbike Racer

This type of behaviour is reminiscent of top of the food chain predators in the wild.

The great white shark has the whole ocean to frolick and play in, but they concentrate their numbers in areas where their prey, seals, congregate.

The seal, not unlike the biker, must leave their resting place frequently to fish and stretch their flippers and go for a rip out in the water.

The sharks, not unlike the po-po, lie in wait for a stray seal to lose their focus for a moment so they can STRIKE, effectively killing the fun.

They gather at races to increase their chances of raking in income so they can pimp out their cruisers and buy new and improved tazers.

It's just a simple fact of life/law of nature - you can't change it by complaining about it - all you can do is change YOUR behaviour to increase your chances of survival.

Last edited by outty; 04-09-2010 at 04:03 PM.
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 04:07 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Riding your bike to a professional race is like wearing the shirt of the band you're watching to a concert.
I'm just sayin...

2008 CBR 600RR #1 (Graffiti) street
2008 CBR 600RR #2 track
CMRA #599

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyP View Post
Unfortunately bikes fall over. It's in their nature.
It's our job to keep them upright, but we are only men.
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 05:01 PM
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*

Thanked 1,191 Times in 901 Posts
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPS808 View Post
i dont like cops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not even Patty Cakes?

post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 10:46 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 56 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincalirider View Post
Not even Patty Cakes?
if hes in uniform and on duty, then hes a cop...
out of uniform and off duty...me ---> <---patty cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbylitenin View Post
I wanna learn from the master king dingaling
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 11:05 AM
Training Wheel Hero

It's the same thing here with Formula 1, people tends to drive faster after the race so cops are dispatched near the exit points...
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 04:01 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
the sick thing is they keep increasing taxes on gas and other things to pay for this crap which makes it harder to go places to begin with.
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 07:32 PM
The Asian Persuasion

Feedback Score: 65 reviews
Cops are going to be at any venue. Nascar, bikes, etc.

post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 07:36 PM
Pocketbike Racer

If everyone stops going to these events and voices to the promoters that they are not going because of po-po problems they may just work themselves out.....
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatstud View Post
Cops are going to be at any venue. Nascar, bikes, etc.
While that is definetly true....I can tell you this. I've been to two Nascar Events, an NHRA Drag Racing event and three motorcycle races this last year.

I would say there is probably 5 times the cops at the bike events. And NO one has been pulled over at the other events...while Motorcycle races had riders pulled over every 100 yards.

No joke...its that bad

post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeT57 View Post
If everyone stops going to these events and voices to the promoters that they are not going because of po-po problems they may just work themselves out.....
I wrote a letter to Infineon raceway complaining of this very thing. They were pissed and said they would talk to the CHP....guess we'll see if it did any good

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 07:43 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisw View Post
I wrote a letter to Infineon raceway complaining of this very thing. They were pissed and said they would talk to the CHP....guess we'll see if it did any good
Thats promising that they took offense to it. Hopefully more people will write to them as well.
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 07:51 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Yep, same here, be it a race or simply at a bike or car gathering. I have no issue with the cops pulling over people speeding or stunting on public roads, but when they go out of their way to hassle people riding within the confines of the law in a straight line, its just plain stupid.

My last run in was after leaving a car event on my bike. I was riding south and the cop coming north. We saw each other at a light and he actually made a u-turn to pull me over. WTF??? I asked why he pulled me over and he said because he heard bikes were speeding in the area. AHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The track is my crack.......................... lucky 7 - ra7or racing
"When I arrive at di front.... big fight" Rossi

RIP Phatstud......... You will be missed.
post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 08:05 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Everywhere i go i constantly have id,insurance,weapons permit,registration and etc ready to show at any given moment because i know i am guilty until i prove i'm innocent.

I cannot even tell you how many times i have been asked to inspect whats inside my trailer. On i95 headed down to Homestead their excuse is sir do you mind if we search your vehicle/trailer because this is a high drug traffic area lmao as if they would ever ask a doctor driving the same car as me to search his vehicle. If i'm solo i always consent to the search but if my wife is in the car she is my asian pass to not look guilty so i say no. i dont even do any drugs.

I always trailer to diff events... being black and having money doesnt really help me at all in this case and i understand why.. but i refuse to stop going because once we are past the gates F everyone on the outside world its u and the track.

Last year i even got a ticket for improperly wearing the seatbelt. I was backing up the trailer and couldnt see in a blind spot so i put the top strap under my arm so i could lean a bit more to see, next thing you see is lights.. I'm not shy but i'm not rude but the first thing i said when he pulled up to me was "no way i didnt do anything, why are you pulling me over?" he replies because you are wearing the seatbelt improperly all i could do for the rest of the ticket process is laugh.

My reply to him thank you for protecting and serving . I dont hate all cops because some of them do great hero work but i look at them overall as the people who come after you get robbed ,killed, beaten or whatever else. You are your own protection 1st and they are the backup.

- 3x 600 rr's track- 2x 1k rr's track -
When you are busy winning, who has the time to show off?

post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 07:17 AM
awd-turbo

there are def cops at nascar events.... but they dont do ****... you can walk the streets and drink beer all day long... as long as u arent causing trouble they could care less.... i love ******* rednecks!! lol
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 02:38 PM
MotoGP NEWS Guru

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Instead of complaining about it, you could just be a law-abiding citizen and not be a reckless rider buzzing out of the races, make sure that your bike doesn't have illegal stuff on it (fender eliminators, super loud exhausts, etc.) which they shouldn't have on the bikes anyway... and you should be good to go :) And if a cop decides to harass you with no cause, just politely ask why he pulled you over and if you were not doing whatever he said you were doing, politely ask for his badge number and the phone number to his superior officer :)

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)

"It´s not easier to ride, but I don´t need something easier, I need something faster."
- Nicky Hayden #69

Next Track Days (NESBA): September 10 - Summit (Main)
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 05:15 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

"Harassment covers a wide range of offensive behavior. It is commonly understood as behavior intended to disturb or upset. In the legal sense, it is behavior which is found threatening or disturbing."

Riding your motorcycle to an event and facing a gauntlet of police presence there solely for revenue generation is the very definition of harassment.

Why should anyone deserve to face that situation at all whether they are breaking the law or not. With 45,000+ vehicle codes in Cali alone its a very good chance that you are breaking quite a few everyday without even being aware of it.

And if you happen to know a bike cop ask him how many laws there bikes violate, you'll be surprised.

Writing letters and other correspondence to event organizers is very beneficial they generate huge amounts of tax revenue for there respective communities and with Laguna Seca bring a huge amount of prestige there them, and any complaints that leads others too is warranted as well.

When there is no more murder, vandalism, burglary, rape or any host of more violent and serious crimes then cops can focus on people being excited social creatures all of whom crave attention in some form or another - no ones above that sorry if you think you are you are lying to yourself.
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 05:25 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Is it like that at NASCAR races too? I have never been to one. I went to the MotoGP races in 2008 at Sachsenring in Germany and they had a huge police presence, but they were only there as a show of force as most of them were parked around the city and hanging out and talking.
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 05:36 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

No its not generally like this at NASCAR races as the promoters and organizations don't tolerate it. There are cops yeah for sure they got nothing else to do that day but they don't set up roadblocks to screw with people. The sponsors either. Plus the po's are likely to catch a whoopin from a redneck or two if they did.
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 09:01 AM
Pocketbike Racer

I lived in Europe for a few years and the main issue an just about any sporting event there is fights breaking out due to "over zealous" fans. Fun times!

2012 Ducati EVO Corse SE
Termignoni Exhaust /Custom FE

SOLD - 2009 Metallic Black 600 RR with ABS
- Hotbodies smoked windscreen & flushmounts
- CBRHeaven FE and undertail kit
- Leo Vince SBK Oval Carbon - Insert Comparison Video
- DDM 35w 8K HIDs
Nikon D80 - Nikkor f3.5 20-80mm, f2.8 80-200mm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page