Quote:
Originally Posted by djacksoncbr600 View Post
No flipdiver posts newbies everywhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 10:00 AM
MotoGP NEWS Guru

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Forecast called for sun, but it ended up raining. Typical British weather. Some of the reactions to the track:

- Bumpy
- Not as fast as they thought it would be
- Long, making it hard to learn
- Otherwise a fun layout

Here are the times, Lorenzo is fast. Randy De Puniet has no nerves. He just goes balls in and blitzes the track:

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)

"Its not easier to ride, but I dont need something easier, I need something faster."
- Nicky Hayden #69

Next Track Days (NESBA): September 10 - Summit (Main)
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 10:22 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
What's the deal with Kallio? The Pramac isn't the best bike on the grid, but damn!

www.LMGTFY.com --> give it a try before you ask

Thanks for driving that hybrid...and saving all the gas for me!

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 10:36 AM
MotoGP NEWS Guru

I don't know but watching the video, it appears that he may still be suffering from that shoulder injury. His shoulder injury is no where near as bad as Bautista's or Rossi's, but for whatever reason, he looks like Betty White riding around out there. He almost got a$$-packed by Dovizioso because he decided to park it entering one of the corners. This guy needs to sit for a bit, but I think he doesn't because he knows better, re: Pramac. Nick and Gavin were saying how Pramac isn't shy about letting their intentions be known: Their swift dismissal of Alex Hoffman; they shafted Nick Canepa while he was injured. These guys have no loyalty to their riders. Better to keep riding like an old lady than to sit and potentially lose his seat earlier than expected. This is especially since his teammate, Espargaro, has been beating him left, right, up and down... all in his rookie season!

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)

"Its not easier to ride, but I dont need something easier, I need something faster."
- Nicky Hayden #69

post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightslugger View Post
Flip Diver's gotta be a bot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatstud View Post
flip posts bewbies everywhere!
Quote:
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 10:09 AM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooperman12 View Post

Randy De Puniet has no nerves. He just goes balls in and blitzes the track:
Actually RDP is the only rider that had been to Silverstone prior to the GP race with the NEW circuit layout. He was there the week before on a track day on a streetbike learning the layout. Unlike everyone else he was learning the GP Bike break markers instead of the circuit layout.

Soure. www.motogpod.com

RDP did make 2nd on the grid though, beating BOTH factory hondas. When was the last time a satellite team made the first row during qualifying?

1 Jorge LORENZO 2'03.308
2 Randy DE PUNIET 2'03.434
3 Dani PEDROSA 2'03.586
4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO 2'03.995
5 Nicky HAYDEN 2'04.332
6 Casey STONER 2'04.394
7 Ben SPIES 2'04.477
8 Marco MELANDRI 2'04.555
9 Marco SIMONCELLI 2'04.868
10 Colin EDWARDS 2'05.035
11 Hector BARBERA 2'05.354
12 Hiroshi AOYAMA 2'05.712
13 Aleix ESPARGARO 2'05.748
14 Loris CAPIROSSI 2'05.821
15 Alvaro BAUTISTA 2'06.607
16 Mika KALLIO 2'06.980

Last edited by smahumane; 06-19-2010 at 10:24 AM.
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Results for QP

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 09:28 PM
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*

Thanked 1,191 Times in 901 Posts
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
RDP is the man out there!

post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 12:32 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
nice!

I'm HIGHLY impressed by RDP. the dude is FLYING!

2007 600RR - Arata Full Ti, Bazzaz ZFI/AFM, Pipercross Race filter, Repsol 4T synthetic, 520 ERV3 conversion, 15/43 renthal sprockets, Galfer Superbike brake lines, Vesrah RJL's, Bridgestone BT002 Pro Soft/Medium, Vortex rearsets, Ten kate replica intake, red/white/black rattle can spray job.

R.I.P. Chenhan Wu aka Phatstud 05/08/1980-10/19/2010. May you find Peace and may Peace find you.

post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 10:29 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well, that settles that part of the debate - Ben on the podium!
Next up, later this season - a win? :)

00 Honda S2000
04 Toyota Tacoma S-Runner
07 CBR600RR
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 02:29 PM
Knee Dragger

Ben on the podium??? Maybe.
A win this year??? Definitely!
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 02:30 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

the results are up i just can't post them while @ work

04 cbr 600RR sold
2010 cbr1k-pita
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 04:48 PM
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*

Thanked 1,191 Times in 901 Posts
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elistan View Post
Well, that settles that part of the debate - Ben on the podium!
Next up, later this season - a win? :)
Although that sounds nice, Ben is no where near as fast a Jorge and unless Jorge wrecks I don't see it happening.

post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 05:55 PM
Moto GP Racer

dammit!!!

Nicky had a podium and crapped it. Ben Spies is only on the podium because of a last lap mistake by Hayden. But he made up 4 spots on the grid...damn he's good.

2007 600RR - Arata Full Ti, Bazzaz ZFI/AFM, Pipercross Race filter, Repsol 4T synthetic, 520 ERV3 conversion, 15/43 renthal sprockets, Galfer Superbike brake lines, Vesrah RJL's, Bridgestone BT002 Pro Soft/Medium, Vortex rearsets, Ten kate replica intake, red/white/black rattle can spray job.

R.I.P. Chenhan Wu aka Phatstud 05/08/1980-10/19/2010. May you find Peace and may Peace find you.

post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 07:26 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Spies is proving he belongs in the GP. The kid made a podium on a pretty shitty bike. Hopefully next yr well see him on a factory ride.

Proton Flush Mounts
Woodcraft frame sliders and slider spools
post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 07:39 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynsenvy29 View Post
Spies is proving he belongs in the GP. The kid made a podium on a pretty shitty bike. Hopefully next yr well see him on a factory ride.
Doubt it. Honda's not gonna give him Dovi's bike, he's way too competitive. Yamaha's not gonna give him Rossi's or Lorenzo's bike. Duc is keeping Hayden and Stoner.

kawi?? I give him yet another year on his privateer bike. But he WILL have at least a win and some podiums before the end of next year.

Spies will be Lorenzos closest challenge unless Rossi sticks around for a couple more years.
But once Rossi hangs em up, Spies takes over for sure!! 2012 will be interesting.

Last edited by NesNeedsBoost; 06-20-2010 at 07:43 PM.
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Not a stoner fan but I am impressed on his comeback from dead last off the start (he says from a broken clutch) to 5th place.. Hayden must be crushed coz that was taken from him.... "I should have been on the podium"...

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 09:57 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Joys of racing, Nicky is known for his riding style that cost him the race, slidding the rear cost him. The pressure laid on by Spies and thus too heavy in the corner cost him. Even Jeremy Burgess commented on this as one of his weak points in racing that costs him, when he gets under pressure sliding happens further more.

It was a fantastic race for us Australians, apart from Stoner coming from last to the top 5 was great. But it was fantastic as the broadcasting of it had the legend Jeremy Burgess throughout it all, all questions were answered as he could, rumours of him and ducati etc.

So from i recall and from the horses mouth, Spies never for Rossi fill in while he is in recovery because Spies knows his team and his bike and given the races that are coming up 2 in the US, its pointless of him trying to learn a new bike when he knows his at the moment and thus beneficial for him to stay put.

Burgess going to team Red- he would not say no to it, but he only goes pending the rider there. He stays for the long haul, not for a wonder kid that they may flick in a few years.

Rossi and ferrari- there is a seat ready for him to go there, but due to the rules at the moment ferrari cant have 3 cars, if they could rossi would be there asap.

Rossi seat fill in guy-yet to be announced, it was meant to of been done in silverstone, as they are going through the rule book as to what can and cannot be done.

Lorenzo- Given the issue with testing new products and input was done by rossi mid year, but given his accident lorenzo may have to step up and be a part of the process, as normally it was rossi from the responsibility of it all, it must be what is needed for the future and not set them back for the following season..

Ducati front end issue-mainly stoner complaints from it- Yamaha had the same issues when testing the new Ohlins forks, and thus many test riders had accidents with it in japan, So it isnt totally a Ducati issue, its just that Ducati have not fixed the matter as easily as Yamaha did. But there were at least 5 changes made with the chasis to accomadate the change before lorenzo/rossi got to it.

Stoner going to Honda- it is a possibility as due to Rossi accident everything has been changed around in all camps pending Stoner changing/Rossi maybe bouncing supposedly he (stoner) has them all knocking down the door for him to ride with them. But given Rossi isnt making a decision till closer to the end no one is yet to announce or lock in anybody. But he stated he was a well sorted rider that has just had a bad year with the ducatis front end etc.

As stated it was a great commentry about it all, cleared the air etc

Must say i loved seeing Randy riding the tail off the bike, he was like riding a bucking bull come his best QF time, and we all knew he would crash if he continued..so he did. lol

Ohlins- Fork Springs, Shock, S.D, UES Kit 20mm, PCIII, Velocity Stack mod, RS-5 C.F Yoshi, Dynoed, K&N Air Filter, Cox Radiator Guard, Powers Race Railz mod, MOTY Battery, Pazzo Levers, Harris Grips, Stomp Grips, Ram mounting, Custom Fairings, Custom led gauges, C.F -Hugger-Sprocket cover,Exhaust,Heel, Chain, Engine,& clutch guards. Trippage led pegs, 520 Conv, -1 +2 Superlight Sprocket, Comp werkes FE, Dunlop Q2's, EBC Kevlar Heavy Duty Clutch/Springs, Vesrah RJL Pads,Braided brake lines
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 08:13 AM
World Superbike Racer

^^^^What broadcast was that on? Sounds like one to watch.

post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 08:15 AM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NesNeedsBoost View Post
Doubt it. Honda's not gonna give him Dovi's bike, he's way too competitive. Yamaha's not gonna give him Rossi's or Lorenzo's bike. Duc is keeping Hayden and Stoner.

kawi?? I give him yet another year on his privateer bike. But he WILL have at least a win and some podiums before the end of next year.

Spies will be Lorenzos closest challenge unless Rossi sticks around for a couple more years.
But once Rossi hangs em up, Spies takes over for sure!! 2012 will be interesting.
What about Pedrosa's seat? Honda has made moves before that baffled people.

I hope Spies has the sense not to go to Honda. As much as I like the RR, I don't like their attitude towards riders in GP (Re: Hayden).

post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 08:27 AM
MotoGP NEWS Guru

Nicky didn't lose the race because he slid rear into the corner. He lost it because he pushed it too deep on the brakes and went wide. No doubt he was thinking back to Mugello with the front folding and instead of keeping it on tip, he pushed wide. Left the door slightly open for Ben to go through. Ben was already attempting to set Nicky up in that corner, so he was carrying a lot of speed and had better drive out of that corner.

Ben got on podium because Nicky made a mistake, but that's racing. If you listened to the interview with Nicky, he knew it. He knew the podium was his to lose. He said, fourth places don't cut it anymore. Especially now, with Rossi out, Dani having a bad day and Casey dragging, he should have been on a podium. There's no positives from this race. But you can bet on this: Nicky will get some in Assen. They found something he likes in the setup of the bike and hopefully it'll translate to Assen.

Spies was great and just plain killed everyone. However, I don't know if you saw the interview, it seems that Ben's getting some help from Yamaha with Rossi out. If he's lacking somewhere, Ben is allowed to ask for parts and stuff to make his bike better. Makes sense since he's contracted by Yamaha, and not Tech3 (unlike Colin). You have to think something's up when Ben was no where near the pace all weekend and all of a sudden he's hanging with the lead group. Me thinks Yamaha threw down a little "support" to get Ben in the mix. Ben's a horrible liar :)

Lorenzo proved there ain't nobody coming between him and the championship. Like Nicky said, it's his championship to lose. The dude made the other riders look silly. In the post-race conference, even Ben paid a little homage and bowed down to Jorge. At one point in the race, he was NINE SECONDS ahead of the rest and this is WITH tires sliding and being down 5 kph from the mighty Hondas and Ducatis. Speaking of top speed, why was Nicky down so much steam compared to Stoner's bike? Nicky was down there with the satellite Hondas and the Yamaha. Whereas Stoner topped the speed charts. But yeah, when Jorge is putting down 2'03s in the latter part of the race, you know this kid is sick fast and in a whole different league.

Do you think we can put the nail in Dani's HRC coffin? This dude is getting shipped out. I almost feel sorry for him. He had the pace all weekend. And Stoner... what a poor start, but this kid can ride this Ducati. I hope this dispels anyone's thoughts that the GP10 is somehow lesser than the GP09. Stoner was throwing down 2'04s late, late in the race. He frickin' murdered the field, making his way up, stabbing 10 other riders in the process. He left a wake of wounded riders in his tow. Look for Jorge, Stoner and Hayden to be real strong in Assen... and Spies.

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)

- Nicky Hayden #69

post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 12:00 PM
World Superbike Racer

How does Dani go from his #1 at Mugello to his finish at Silverstone. I don't think you can look at the result and say that it's the bike. Dani has some kind of issue unrelated to the equipment, and HRC can't be happy about that. My guess is that this will be the last year on a Honda factory bike for him.

post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 12:42 PM
08LVR

Spies!! - I'm getting out my pom poms.
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 03:01 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by powermoose1 View Post
How does Dani go from his #1 at Mugello to his finish at Silverstone. I don't think you can look at the result and say that it's the bike. Dani has some kind of issue unrelated to the equipment, and HRC can't be happy about that. My guess is that this will be the last year on a Honda factory bike for him.

I'm no Pedrosa fan at all...I'd actually be glad to see him go but I think he had a bad crash in practice.

Unless Lorenzo has a bad crash he's just going to walk away with the championship...but the fight for second and third should be a good one.
post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 05:58 PM
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by powermoose1 View Post
My guess is that this will be the last year on a Honda factory bike for him.
Agreed but then where does he go? Clearly he's a factory caliber rider. We will see what happens with Rossi and Stoner, after they make their moves then Lorenzo and Pedrosa will be sorted out.

"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside." - Valentino Rossi

Now I can say my morale is reasonably high because I've discovered I have a great rapport with morphine! he joked, adding I hope nobody wins! when asked about the race. - V. Rossi

WSMC/WERA #850
2007 600rr gray/orange

post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 06:43 PM
Moto GP Racer

I believe it'll be a whole different looking grid and Championship once the bikes go back to 990cc or 1000cc or whatever they're gonna do.

Spies will dominate pretty easily.

post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Has Spies always been this way... dude has no personality... I wish he would just lighten up a bit.. hahaha...

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 08:07 PM
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipDiver79 View Post
Has Spies always been this way... dude has no personality... I wish he would just lighten up a bit.. hahaha...
Yup.............

"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside." - Valentino Rossi

Now I can say my morale is reasonably high because I've discovered I have a great rapport with morphine! he joked, adding I hope nobody wins! when asked about the race. - V. Rossi

WSMC/WERA #850
2007 600rr gray/orange

post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Homeboi was talking like he was nursing a hangover... not like someone who had his first MotoGP podium...

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page