Stoner to HRC (Confirmed) - 600RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 07:08 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Stoner to HRC (Confirmed)

HRC announced that Stoner will be riding for Honda next year. Who will take up Stoner's position for Ducati? Rossi? Not confirmed yet. Interesting.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 07:37 AM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/161...ins_honda.html

Stoner will bring his four-year tenure with Ducati to an end at the conclusion of the 2010 season in favour of a switch to Honda.
Casey Stoner will ride for Honda in the 2011 MotoGP World Championship after it was confirmed he will part ways with Ducati at the end of the 2010 MotoGP season.

Stoner's future with the Italian manufacturer, with whom he won the 2007 MotoGP World Championship, has been the subject of speculation for several months, but both Ducati and Honda have now confirmed the inevitable

Coming shortly after Ducati announced Stoner was to leave it at the end of the 2010 season, Honda confirmed its new acquisition, stating its delight in signing the former champion.

"We are very pleased that Casey will join Honda again next year,” said HRC vice president Shuhei Nakamoto. “Clearly he is one of the top riders in MotoGP and he will bring valuable speed and experience to our team.

“In the factory Honda squad we already have two very strong and experienced riders in Dani Pedrosa and Andrea Dovizioso who are performing very well and currently hold second and third positions in the 2010 World Championship.

"HRC hopes also to retain these two riders for next year - giving us what would be a truly formidable line-up."

Marking a return to the manufacturer he made his MotoGP debut with in 2006, Stoner's move is expected to kick-start a flurry of activity in the rider market.

Foremost will be the whereabouts of Valentino Rossi, who is tipped to replace Stoner at Ducati, with Ben Spies being earmarked for FIAT Yamaha.

During his time with Ducati, Stoner won 20 grands prix.

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 07:41 AM
Back in the Day

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/161...te_stoner.html

HRC to expand to accommodate Stoner?

Casey Stoner's arrival at Honda doesn't necessarily mean Dani Pedrosa or Andrea Dovizioso will be looking for new jobs at the end of the season...
HRC has hinted it could run a three bikes in 2011 as it looks to add Casey Stoner to its rider line-up, rather than have him replace anyone.

Honda's confirmation that Stoner will join from Ducati threatens to place pressure on current riders Dani Pedrosa and Andrea Dovizioso, with the latter Italian seemingly likely to be given any potential boot by virtue of his team-mate's affiliation with title sponsor Repsol.

However, whilst in the process of welcoming Stoner to the team, HRC vice-president Shuhei Nakamoto confirmed it is the company's intentions to retain both of its riders for the foreseeable future.

“In the factory Honda squad we already have two very strong and experienced riders in Dani Pedrosa and Andrea Dovizioso who are performing very well and currently hold second and third positions in the 2010 World Championship,” he said. “HRC hopes also to retain these two riders for next year - giving us what would be a truly formidable line-up."

What form this takes remains to be seen, however, with Honda potentially forced into running three factory bikes should Dovizioso fulfil his rumoured 'performance-based' contract. Although he is yet to win this season, the Italian has shown good form with four podium finishes in seven races, while he is currently third in the overall standings.

Energy drinks giants Red Bull is also mooted to be looking to get involved with HRC, a move that could see them join Repsol as a main sponsor or give sole backing to any possible third machine.

At worst, Dovizioso – working on the assumption that it would be he, rather than Honda stalwart Pedrosa, forced to change - could revert back to a satellite Honda team in 2011, but receive backing from HRC, much like Toni Elias did with Gresini in 2009.

For the moment, Honda is keeping quiet about its future plans, merely stating that it will reveal more details later in the year.

Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 07:44 AM
Back in the Day

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/161...challenge.html

Stoner thanks Ducati but wants ‘new challenge’

After four years, 20 race wins and one title, Casey Stoner says a 'new challenge' is motivating his decision to join Honda.
Casey Stoner has expressed his gratitude to Ducati following the announcement that he will leave the manufacturer after four years in favour of a switch to rivals Honda.

Following weeks of rumours, both Ducati and Honda submitted announcements to confirm Stoner's impending switch at the conclusion of the season, the Australian all set now to bring his tenure at the Italian manufacturer to an end at Valencia Grand Prix in November.

Stoner is currently in his fourth year with the manufacturer, during which time he made history by becoming the first champion of the 800cc era, while his 'vital statistics' have seen him win 20 premier class races during that period.

Even so, Stoner has been unable to match his performance on the Desmosedici since winning in 2007, the Australian losing out to Valentino Rossi in 2008 before illness curtailed his title hopes last season. This year, Stoner has managed just two podiums in seven races.

Citing a 'new challenge' as his reason to join Honda, Stoner nevertheless gave Ducati thanks for giving him the chance to become a world champion.

"I must thank Ducati for giving me such a great opportunity to race and win with them over these past four years." he said. "They took a gamble when they signed me at the end of 2006 as I was unknown, but as we worked together we were able to win a Championship, many races and challenge for the Championship in the last two seasons.

“I have now decided to move on and I will have new challenges in the future and different obstacles to overcome, but I will not forget these years with Ducati and the people I have had the privilege to work so closely with. So a big thanks to Ducati and all our sponsors who we have shared success with while achieving lifelong goals.”

Stoner's sentiments are echoed by Ducati Corse general director Filippo Preziosi, who also leant his thanks to the rider for winning its first title.

"I would like to thank Casey on behalf of our fans and our sponsors, but most of all on behalf of all the people working at Ducati. The victories and emotions he gave us, rewarded all the hard work and sacrifice we made. In these four years together we have had a lot of great moments.

“Securing the 2007 MotoGP World Championship title and the victory at Mugello in 2009 were moments that we will never forget. In Casey we not only found an incredibly talented rider, but also an honest and loyal guy and that's why there will always be a strong and sincere bond between us, even as a competitor."

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 08:37 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Thats good news!!! now we just need to get Rossi back and move Spies over too,, then it would be the HONDA DREAM TEAM

I am from CANADA, the land of poutine, back-bacon and GOOD BEER!!
2012 STREET BIKE OF THE YEAR
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 10:23 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
crraaazzyy...

2006 CBR 600RR v.2 (picked up 08/18/2007)
2006 CBR 600RR v.1 (lowsided 07/22/07 @ appx. 9:55am)
1996 Honda Prelude VTEC
2005 Mercedes Benz C230 Kompressor Sedan (R.I.P. 12/22/2010)
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 04:23 AM
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*

Thanked 1,191 Times in 901 Posts
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Stoner to Honda

I don't know if this is a legit confirmation for sure but it appears that what we all knew already is true

http://www.roadracerx.com/breaking-n...oner-to-honda/
Ducati Confirms: Stoner to Honda

Quote:
The Valencia Grand Prix on November 7th 2010 will be the event that concludes four years of extraordinary collaboration between Ducati and Casey Stoner. An important relationship characterized by a strong reciprocal esteem and many victories, among which the first MotoGP World Title for both the Italian manufacturer and the Australian rider.
Stoner arrived in Ducati in 2007 and, riding the Desmosedici GP7 that was making its debut in the new 800cc category, he took his first victory in the very first race, embarking on a path that would lead to the world title later in that same year and many more successes during subsequent seasons.
Ducati would like to thank Casey Stoner, who has decided to undertake a new challenge, with gratitude and affection that will always remain.
“I would like to thank Casey on behalf of our fans and our sponsors, but most of all on behalf of all the people working at Ducati,” commented Filippo Preziosi, Ducati Corse General Director. “The victories and emotions he gave us, rewarded all the hard work and sacrifice we made. In these four years together we have had a lot of great moments. Securing the 2007 MotoGP World Championship title and the victory at Mugello in 2009 were moments that we will never forget. In Casey we not only found an incredibly talented rider, but also an honest and loyal guy and that’s why there will always be a strong and sincere bond between us, even as a competitor.”
“I must thank Ducati for giving me such a great opportunity to race and win with them over these past four years” commented Casey Stoner. “They took a gamble when they signed me at the end of 2006 as I was unknown, but as we worked together we were able to win a Championship, many races and challenge for the Championship in the last two seasons. I have now decided to move on and I will have new challenges in the future and different obstacles to overcome, but I will not forget these years with Ducati and the people I have had the privilege to work so closely with. So a big thanks to Ducati and all our sponsors who we have shared success with while achieving lifelong goals”

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 04:41 AM
C.F.A. member / whore

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
shakin it up all over this year, gonna be awesome next season to see.

2013 X5 35d (Tow)
2006 R6 (Track)
2003 600RR (Street)

2002 YZF 426 (Sold)
2000 CBR F4 (Totalled by Illegal U-turner)

Life is good
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 04:56 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

I don't like Casey..

99% of bikers give the rest a bad name..
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 05:13 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I think its gonna be a lot of fun to see how stoner does with honda, cant wait.

2010 Hypermotard 796
2007 CBR600rr Street
2006 CBR600rr Track

"Dam you must be fast, cause you were hauling ass when i passed you"
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 05:22 AM
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*

Thanked 1,191 Times in 901 Posts
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I'm not a big Stoner fan either but the guy has talent. If he could just check his ego he and Honda could have a great partnership. I'm hoping Casey uses this opportunity to redeem his name a little and if he plays his cards right get a 2nd title.

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 09:29 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
i am surprised ducati is hanging on to hayden. they cant hope to place with just him. they NEED someone like rossi to hold that team up so I would expect them to shell out big bucks to get rossi if possible. I dont see rossi and lorenzo wanting to stay on the same team anymore and i think being an italian rossi will want to go with ducati. however, that yamaha is going to be a dream to ride compared to the ducati. i havent found a rider yet who has been happy with the ducati setup.

2008 Liquid Silver CBR600RR
Purchased 10/25/2008, Totaled 10/28/2008 by the dealer
New 2008 Liquid Silver CBR600RR....delivered 10/30/2008
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 11:29 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Special Edition HRC Casey Stoner color scheme? mmMMMmmmmm

Andrew Nguyen
Sales Consultant
Motorcycle Factory Inc.
[email protected]
[URL="http://www.themfi.com"]www.themfi.com[/URL
]
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 06:53 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Great, the two whiniest little b!tches in MotoGP are now in the same paddock. Love it.

"They say that at a 100 miles an hour, water feels like concrete...
so you can imagine what concrete feels like."
-Nicky Hayden

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderc View Post
Every time someone kills a thief I smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderc View Post
I'm going to invent an anti theft device in the future. Right now the blueprints are being laid out. I won't disclose much information but it involves a stick of dynamite a 2 minute fuse and a funny looking clock.

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 06:56 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 56 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NE1SeenMyKeys View Post
Great, the two whiniest little b!tches in MotoGP are now in the same paddock. Love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbylitenin View Post
I wanna learn from the master king dingaling
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 09:07 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

You Americans.....

How is Stoner a winger? Unlike others that B*** behind ppls back about things he airs the issues there are with the bike. Its obvious from all the accident and even yamaha has stated they had issues with the Ohlins set up, but unlike Ducati Yamaha fixed the issue.

Stoner has had a bad year this year/last from being sick, that was obvious how he nearly collapsed after racing.

I dont see Nicky Hayden being consistant on the bike???
I Dont see Spies Being Consistant either....

Moto Gp bikes dont just come ready made and perfect for racing week after week, so if stoner states set up aint right how can that be seen as a complaint?? a winge??

Overall im happy Stoner has gone back to Honda, i didnt like having to wear a Ducati jacket just cause of him, even that was a stupid thing about Ducati. Every motorbike show i have been too, never have Ducati had any merchandise with Stoners name on it, even when he was world champion, how stupid is that!!!

Anyhow Welcome back Casey, fingers crossed you kick every ones butt next year!! Rossi on Ducati (already hear the excuses from Rossi supporters, he hasnt ridden a Ducati before thus not in the top 3 well Stoner did it so ref back to this come crying time)

Ohlins- Fork Springs, Shock, S.D, UES Kit 20mm, PCIII, Velocity Stack mod, RS-5 C.F Yoshi, Dynoed, K&N Air Filter, Cox Radiator Guard, Powers Race Railz mod, MOTY Battery, Pazzo Levers, Harris Grips, Stomp Grips, Ram mounting, Custom Fairings, Custom led gauges, C.F -Hugger-Sprocket cover,Exhaust,Heel, Chain, Engine,& clutch guards. Trippage led pegs, 520 Conv, -1 +2 Superlight Sprocket, Comp werkes FE, Dunlop Q2's, EBC Kevlar Heavy Duty Clutch/Springs, Vesrah RJL Pads,Braided brake lines
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 11:07 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I like Stoner. He speaks his mind. Pedrosa is a bitch.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 02:05 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
so there's gonna be TWO crybabies whining for Honda.

I hope Dovi destroys both of them.

2007 600RR - Arata Full Ti, Bazzaz ZFI/AFM, Pipercross Race filter, Repsol 4T synthetic, 520 ERV3 conversion, 15/43 renthal sprockets, Galfer Superbike brake lines, Vesrah RJL's, Bridgestone BT002 Pro Soft/Medium, Vortex rearsets, Ten kate replica intake, red/white/black rattle can spray job.

R.I.P. Chenhan Wu aka Phatstud 05/08/1980-10/19/2010. May you find Peace and may Peace find you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page