MotoGP "Silly Season" 2010 - 600RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 12:04 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
MotoGP "Silly Season" 2010

So, the so called, Silly Season for 2010 is in full effect, and in fact may be on its downswing.

Although Stoner is the only confirmed signing of the four aliens, there are rampant rumors, which will be categorized as fact shortly after the Brno races as to where the other 3 will land and the one called Ben, already dubbed as the 5th alien will land.

To which begs the question, where will all the other players fall?

Amongst the current Factory riders, I believe that Capirossi is the only one losing a factory seat and has been rumored to be going back to Ducati, perhaps at Pramac or maybe even LCR Honda??

Dovizioso will most likely end up having a Factory HRC bike, albiet on a separate team.

So which Satellite seats are open? I think pretty much all of them as no satellite rider is under contract for 2011. Of those currently employed, it is believed that Melandri, Edwards and Kallio are on their way out.

Will Interwetten Honda even be around next year, which leaves Aoyama's status in doubt. Will Honda attempt to foot the bill to keep a Japanese rider in the series? Do they have enough pull with Dorna to receive a subsidy to make this a reality?

Melandri has run out of chances in my opinion and would be best served making the move to the WSBK series where I'm sure he would be a contender. I think this would be a perfect slot for DePuniet to slide into, giving him the "Factory" ride that he deserves. Having said that, it would be idiotic for LCR to let DePuniet go without perhaps pushing for factory level equipment themselves, but whatever.

Edwards, is plainly frustrated with his lack of success this year and is another guy who should go back to WSBK. Put him on a competitive bike, and he will win races. Which begs the question, who takes his seat? Evidently Poncharal is very high on Cal Crutchlow??? Seriously?

Ya, the guy is quick, but he didn't exactly destroy Eugene Laverty in WSS and just recently got his first wins at Silverstone. One could make the argument that it is a preemptive move prior to the 1000cc era making a come back, but there are riders with more experience and around the same age from the WSBK paddock.

Kallio, hell throw him in the mix of Moto2. Who takes his seat? Haslam, Rea, Laverty, Elias, Iannone, Redding, Luthi, Debon, who knows?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 12:17 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
if Edwards leave put Capirossi on a Tech3 seat, i also want to see what he can do on Honda, he deserves a better bike, win some races & maybe race in WSBK before retiring.

2003 CBR 600RR JDM
HRC ECU AMA spec
HRC radiator
Electrex World race alternator
WP 4618 rear shock
WP 1508 steering damper
Ohlins 9.0N fork springs
Overrev tuned fork cartridges
Akrapovic Evo Carbon FS
Dynojet PCV WB2 POD300
BMC race air filter
AFAM 15/47 sprockets
DID VX2 520 gold chain
Brembo 19RCS MC
HEL brakelines
Euro Racing riser plates & lever
HM Plus quickshifter
EVR CTS slipper clutch
BST CF wheels
post #3 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 12:28 AM
Demented

Man, the silly season was in full effect starting at Qatar. Been a strange year.

Rossi will be at Ducati next to Hayden.

Spies will obviously be going to Fiat Yamaha next to Lorenzo.

HRC will probably be Dovi and Stoner, because I'm damn sure Pedrosa will want to get his foot in the door with Yamaha and would take a seat at Tech 3. He's felt for the longest time that he needs to be on the Yamaha if he has a chance at victory.

Cal Crutchlow is a tossup for me with going to Tech 3. I'd expect more for someone from Moto2 to come up into the MotoGP tech 3 garage. Possibly Takahashi with how well he's been doing this year.

Edwards, well I'd be shocked if he doesn't replace Haga in WSBK. The amount of drama that would be in that change is just too much to pass up, since it was Edwards who stole that championship from Haga by a few points when Haga tested positive for banned substances at Valencia.

LCR will definitely be keeping DePuniet, and I'd really like to see them get 2 more bikes and throw Elias on it. With the publicity this year and how well DePuniet has been doing, paired with Elias, that's a damn good matchup for them to have. Probably not a possibility until 2012 though, but you never know.

Suzuki...eh, not sure if anyone will accept a ride from them. Even Denning is skeptical of having riders.

If Elias can't get to LCR on a 2nd bike, I'm sure he'll have a ride at Interwetten Honda. With Aoyama's injury, it's in his best interest to go down to Moto2, regain his bearings, then come back up to MotoGP, unless they work it out as 2011 being a testing season for him to get used to things in anticipation of the 2012 1000cc change.

Gresini Honda is a sketchy one right now. Melandri is probably done in MotoGP for now, unless he can lobby to get Kawasaki to come back. He did supurb on the Kawi last year, and if they did a little more development, or just took stuff they've learned from redoing the ZX-10, they'll have a damn good bike capable of being top 5. Marco is contracted by HRC, so he's assured that right for next year. Maybe Bautista will join in there.

Barbera will probably keep a ride on a private Ducati. I don't see much of a threat to his ride.

Pramac Ducati will more then likely see all new riders. Bautista is a maybe, but Capirossi is pretty much confirmed.

Surprisingly, there's going to be a 6th Ducati with Karl Abraham on it. It's already been confirmed, and proves that when your dad owns a race track and has a lot of money, it doesn't matter that you're a lack luster racer.

Laverty will more then likely go to Moto2 or WSBK. Rea will stay in superbikes. His riding style isn't suited to GP bikes, though maybe in 2012.

post #4 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 01:16 AM
08LVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandurin View Post
So, the so called, Silly Season for 2010 is in full effect, and in fact may be on its downswing.

Dovizioso will most likely end up having a Factory HRC bike, albiet on a separate team.

So which Satellite seats are open? I think pretty much all of them as no satellite rider is under contract for 2011. Of those currently employed, it is believed that Melandri, Edwards and Kallio are on their way out.

Will Interwetten Honda even be around next year, which leaves Aoyama's status in doubt. Will Honda attempt to foot the bill to keep a Japanese rider in the series? Do they have enough pull with Dorna to receive a subsidy to make this a reality?...who knows?

I'm watching Dovi more closely. Oh this is wicked exciting this yr!
post #5 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 01:17 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 56 reviews
bwahahahahahaha...lmfao. you guys sure have some assumptions. lol.

interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbylitenin View Post
I wanna learn from the master king dingaling
post #6 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 01:43 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Hmmm ... fantasy football meets fantasy MotoGP

Thomas Luthi can take an open seat

"You could hang yourself faster with your tongue than with a rope"
post #7 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 01:44 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 56 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3fc0N_21 View Post
Hmmm ... fantasy football meets fantasy MotoGP

Thomas Luthi can take an open seat
bwahahahahahahahahahhaha!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbylitenin View Post
I wanna learn from the master king dingaling
post #8 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 01:55 PM
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Rossi will be at Ducati next to Hayden.

Spies will obviously be going to Fiat Yamaha next to Lorenzo.
Yep can't wait to see Spies on the factory ride. I have a feeling he'll pressure Lorenzo next year. And of course Rossi on the Ducati will be exciting to watch no matter what.

Quote:
HRC will probably be Dovi and Stoner, because I'm damn sure Pedrosa will want to get his foot in the door with Yamaha and would take a seat at Tech 3. He's felt for the longest time that he needs to be on the Yamaha if he has a chance at victory.
It will be Pedrosa/Stoner since HRC doesn't want to lose their Repsol sponsorship they are effectively forced to keep Pedrosa. Pedrosa has also been the faster of the two and is higher up in points. HRC wants to keep Dovi but as of yet have not found a sponsor to fund a third factory bike. Rumor has it he might be put on the Gresini team with factory equipment.

Quote:
Cal Crutchlow is a tossup for me with going to Tech 3. I'd expect more for someone from Moto2 to come up into the MotoGP tech 3 garage. Possibly Takahashi with how well he's been doing this year.
Poncharal says he wants Crutchlow as his first choice. Even though I think he needs another year of WSBK and prove himself more it's possible we'll see him on a Tech3 next year, hopefully he does better than Toseland.

Quote:
LCR will definitely be keeping DePuniet, and I'd really like to see them get 2 more bikes and throw Elias on it. With the publicity this year and how well DePuniet has been doing, paired with Elias, that's a damn good matchup for them to have. Probably not a possibility until 2012 though, but you never know.
That would be a sick pairing but I don't think they'll find the funding.

Quote:
Suzuki...eh, not sure if anyone will accept a ride from them. Even Denning is skeptical of having riders.
HAHA.

Quote:
Pramac Ducati will more then likely see all new riders. Bautista is a maybe, but Capirossi is pretty much confirmed.
I really hope they keep Espargaro he's been doing pretty well and definitely outclassing Kallio.
Quote:
Surprisingly, there's going to be a 6th Ducati with Karl Abraham on it. It's already been confirmed, and proves that when your dad owns a race track and has a lot of money, it doesn't matter that you're a lack luster racer.
I don't think he's lack luster. The guy is a regular threat for top 5 in Moto2 and when he tested the Ducati he was faster than any other Ducati satellite rider and was only .5 seconds off the factory bikes. Who cares if his dad has a lot of money, I wish mine did so he could pay for my racing.

Quote:
Laverty will more then likely go to Moto2 or WSBK. Rea will stay in superbikes. His riding style isn't suited to GP bikes, though maybe in 2012.
Laverty to Moto2 FTW!!!

"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside." - Valentino Rossi

“Now I can say my morale is reasonably high because I've discovered I have a great rapport with morphine!” he joked, adding “I hope nobody wins!” when asked about the race. - V. Rossi

WSMC/WERA #850
2007 600rr gray/orange

post #9 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 03:14 PM
Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPapp View Post
It will be Pedrosa/Stoner since HRC doesn't want to lose their Repsol sponsorship they are effectively forced to keep Pedrosa. Pedrosa has also been the faster of the two and is higher up in points. HRC wants to keep Dovi but as of yet have not found a sponsor to fund a third factory bike. Rumor has it he might be put on the Gresini team with factory equipment.
HRC is trying to get Pedrosa to stay. I think it was in Catalunya where he mentioned to Moody that he wants to get on a Yamaha. There's also been speculation that Repsol isn't going to resign with HRC next year, and that's been going on for about 2 years now.

Quote:
Poncharal says he wants Crutchlow as his first choice. Even though I think he needs another year of WSBK and prove himself more it's possible we'll see him on a Tech3 next year, hopefully he does better than Toseland.
Yeah, but Crutchlow also turned down the MotoGP ride to focus on winning the WSBK title. He may do the same next year and be better prepared for 2012 with the 1000cc bikes. That's what I'd do.

Quote:
That would be a sick pairing but I don't think they'll find the funding.
Playboy has the money.

Quote:
I really hope they keep Espargaro he's been doing pretty well and definitely outclassing Kallio.
Ah, forgot about asparagus. He'll definitely be staying.

Quote:
I don't think he's lack luster. The guy is a regular threat for top 5 in Moto2 and when he tested the Ducati he was faster than any other Ducati satellite rider and was only .5 seconds off the factory bikes. Who cares if his dad has a lot of money, I wish mine did so he could pay for my racing.
He's a crasher though. He started GP racing in 2005 when he was 15. Since then he's raced 87 GP's, and has crashed out of exactly 1/3 of all races entered, and has had only 15 top 10 finishes, and 2 top 5's. Practice and qualifying he's good, but he's not the best racer.
post #10 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 10:16 PM
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
HRC is trying to get Pedrosa to stay. I think it was in Catalunya where he mentioned to Moody that he wants to get on a Yamaha. There's also been speculation that Repsol isn't going to resign with HRC next year, and that's been going on for about 2 years now.
I think at this point it's a foregone conclusion that Pedrosa will be paired with Stoner since HRC is adamant about keeping Repsol and also the fact that all the news is saying they are scrambling to find sponsorship for Dovi's ride.

Quote:
Yeah, but Crutchlow also turned down the MotoGP ride to focus on winning the WSBK title. He may do the same next year and be better prepared for 2012 with the 1000cc bikes. That's what I'd do.
I agree with this and think this would be in his best interest but doubt that is the way he will play it. There are two open seats in the Tech3 team and it seems that he is the most likely candidate to fill one of them. With MotoGP you never know so he will probably see this as his best opportunity to get in.

Quote:
Playboy has the money.
But Playboy Italia doesn't and I doubt the main Playboy will want to pay that much money to sponsor for the whole year.

Quote:
He's a crasher though. He started GP racing in 2005 when he was 15. Since then he's raced 87 GP's, and has crashed out of exactly 1/3 of all races entered, and has had only 15 top 10 finishes, and 2 top 5's. Practice and qualifying he's good, but he's not the best racer.
I want to see how he does before passing judgment. He can't do worse than Kallio has this season and lets not forget how well the crashingest rider in MotoGP was doing this season (RDP).

"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside." - Valentino Rossi

“Now I can say my morale is reasonably high because I've discovered I have a great rapport with morphine!” he joked, adding “I hope nobody wins!” when asked about the race. - V. Rossi

WSMC/WERA #850
2007 600rr gray/orange

post #11 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 10:26 PM
Demented

Quote:
I agree with this and think this would be in his best interest but doubt that is the way he will play it. There are two open seats in the Tech3 team and it seems that he is the most likely candidate to fill one of them. With MotoGP you never know so he will probably see this as his best opportunity to get in.
If his manager is smart, he'll be doing the same thing Brookes is doing.
post #12 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 03:49 PM
Demented

So, TPapp...about Abraham. :P
post #13 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 04:17 PM
gee
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD crew off their meds!!

i dont see anyone in WSBK who has the talent at the moment to step up to GP
moto2 yes but not the level GP is at currently,
look at the hard time ben is having trying to run with the bulls and then there is no one that could touch him in SBK!!!!

if pedrosa goes to yamaha it will be on the fiat ride not tech3...

but i agrre that he is more likely to stay at repsol, honda should have that thing sorted for next season, and have a winning package.......

IGOT new stuff ...disco helped me good!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gee View Post
Yes, I agree 100%, Canon Cameras SUCK! .
post #14 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 04:33 PM
08LVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demented View Post
Ah, forgot about asparagus. He'll definitely be staying.

post #15 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 06:19 PM
World Superbike Racer

[QUOTE=Vandurin;2897140] Ben, already dubbed as the 5th alien will land.
[/QUOTE

By who?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XBrY9Xukrc

^^CBR600RR Trackday Videos - Updated 4-5-11^^**

2011 Trackday Counter: 2
Next Trackday: ?????

post #16 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 06:55 PM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Amongst the current Factory riders, I believe that Capirossi is the only one losing a factory seat and has been rumored to be going back to Ducati, perhaps at Pramac or maybe even LCR Honda??

Will Interwetten Honda even be around next year, which leaves Aoyama's status in doubt. Will Honda attempt to foot the bill to keep a Japanese rider in the series? Do they have enough pull with Dorna to receive a subsidy to make this a reality?

Edwards, is plainly frustrated with his lack of success this year and is another guy who should go back to WSBK. Put him on a competitive bike, and he will win races. Which begs the question, who takes his seat? Evidently Poncharal is very high on Cal Crutchlow??? Seriously?
Capirossi is vacating his seat willfully. They aren't kicking him out. He was even considering/trying to get out of his Suzuki contract early, or so says rumor. He'll sign at Pramac.

Dorna likely wants a Japanese rider as much as Honda does. Keeping a rider in the series from that country helps them keep selling TV contracts and general interest. Same reason they want a Brit back in GP and will likely get that with Crutchlow

Edwards is linked to Ducati SBK for next year. Could be somewhere else. IDK

Quote:

If Elias can't get to LCR on a 2nd bike, I'm sure he'll have a ride at Interwetten Honda. With Aoyama's injury, it's in his best interest to go down to Moto2, regain his bearings, then come back up to MotoGP, unless they work it out as 2011 being a testing season for him to get used to things in anticipation of the 2012 1000cc change.

I can't see Pedrosa taking a satellite position anywhere. If he wants on a Yamaha, he's going to sign direct to the factory squad which doesn't seem likely anytime soon with Lorenzo and Ben on the team. He'll resign a 1 year deal with Repsol again. The only way Repsol is going to be Stoner/Dovizioso is if Dovi outshines Pedrosa which I don't see happening. Being Spanish gives him a leg up over Dovizioso too with Repsol. Honda's bikes have improved a lot from the start of the year and if Pedrosa keeps his fast pace up, he's got no problem staying there. He won't be any better off at Tech 3 and he has no leverage to get to the factory team. Originally when Repsol signed Stoner, they wanted a 3 man team but that fell through. But it was never really an option that it might be anything other than Pedrosa/Stoner and Dovizioso on a Red Bull bike maybe or Telefonica or something. Since that deal is out the window, the next probable case is placing him in Gresini which is good for Fausto since he won't be paying either of his riders. They'll both be HRC contracted riders. And they keep an all italian line up which they use right now to market their asses off in that part of the world.

I'd like to see another bike at LCR too but I don't see how it will happen at this point without some serious money. LCR operates as it is selling sponsorship contribution on a race by race basis. Playboy, Givi, Rev-it, etc. At the very best, Honda will take better care of Randy as they have this year after he put his ass out there with that string of strong performances.

Honda will likely keep Aoyama. He's supposed to be riding on Monday at the test and he'll have the opportunity to keep learning the bike and the tires and all that for the rest of the year. Sign him again for next year. Elias' only chance really is to ride Suzuki and hope to put on a good show while everybody knows the bike is not great and hope to get signed to a better ride after that. He's good but he's not in GP right now because nobody wanted him. He only seemed to really start riding up to his talent when contract time rolled around. And it seemed he wanted a decent amount of money to sign. We'll see. But being Japanese will help Aoyama keep his seat there.

I can't knock Abraham. More bikes is better and getting money to race is probably more than 50% of the problem. Ducati have already let him test the bike and he did pretty damn good setting times pretty close to the others. Let him have at it. Not like he's kicking anybody else out like Talmasci did last year.

post #17 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 07:09 PM
Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosaki View Post
getting money to race is probably more than 50% of the problem. Ducati have already let him test the bike and he did pretty damn good setting times pretty close to the others. Let him have at it. Not like he's kicking anybody else out like Talmasci did last year.
I take it you didn't watch Moto2 qualifying or practicing yet. I wont spoil it, but someone's tail is so far between their legs, it's tickling his nose.

But yeah, Ducati wont turn down the money. Afterall, it's not their bike that will be slung down the gravel trap every other day. It's any factories benefit to give the kid a bike to ride fast, because that's a lot of replacement parts to sell.

Last edited by Demented; 08-14-2010 at 07:13 PM.
post #18 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 07:09 PM
World Superbike Racer

I'd like to see Johnny Rea come up with Cal but there's really no where for him to go. He probably wants to stay with Honda. Maybe in 2012 when there are more seats (hopefully) he'll have an option.

Quote:
Crutchlow is probably thinking the same thing Ben was though. Why wait? Ben beat everybody up in WSBK pretty good but he was originally supposed to stay 2 years but decided (asked) to go early even before he won the championship. GP is where he wanted to be so there wasn't any reason to spend another year in WSBK.

Crutchlow ain't dominating anybody but if he wants to go to GP and Tech 3 wants him, why wait? He won't learn the GP tracks riding WSBK and he won't get acclimated to anything else either. Now is probably the best time to go. 2011 will give him time to learn the GP ropes before the rule change instead of having to do it all at once in 2012.

Quote:
He didn't want interrupt his 2010 season which would have had him riding several GP/WSBK rounds in a short time. He decided to focus solely on SBK. Likely because he knew he wants that Tech 3 seat next year and it'd be better to put all the energy there instead of doing a couple one off races which probably weren't going to be anything special with little time to learn.

He wants to be at Tech 3 next year no doubt.

post #19 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 07:18 PM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
I take it you didn't watch Moto2 qualifying or practicing yet. I wont spoil it, but someone's tail is so far between their legs, it's tickling his nose.
I've seen it. What about it?

He was 2nd in FP1, went backwards to 13th in FP2, and banged himself up in QP with a couple of crashes. Bad weekend. Maybe a lot of pressure after having the announcement of his GP team and his home race and all that.

He's been doing pretty decent since he switched Chassis from RSV to the FTR bike scoring 9th, 4th, and 5th in the last rounds.

I won't pass too much judgement on him until next season when he moves up. And if he does decent (better than Suzuki and other satellite Ducatis) more power to him.

Last edited by Kurosaki; 08-14-2010 at 07:21 PM.
post #20 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 07:28 PM
Demented

Quote:
I've seen it. What about it?

He was 2nd in FP1, went backwards to 13th in FP2, and banged himself up in QP with a couple of crashes. Bad weekend. Maybe a lot of pressure after having the announcement of his GP team and his home race and all that.

He's been doing pretty decent since he switched Chassis from RSV to the FTR bike scoring 9th, 4th, and 5th in the last rounds.

I won't pass too much judgement on him until next season when he moves up. And if he does decent (better than Suzuki and other satellite Ducatis) more power to him.
The fact that he nearly destroyed his bike 3 more times and it's not even race day. The kid is indeed fast, but he has problems keeping the bike up.
There's 17 races this season, and he's already crashed out of 2. Going off of every other season, he's due to crash out of 3-4 more races.

Edit: Though hey, I'm not surprised he threw his bike down the gravel trap so often this weekend. In his GP carer, he's finished a race at Brno only once. He has a 20% chance of finishing the race tomorrow.

Last edited by Demented; 08-14-2010 at 07:30 PM.
post #21 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 08:04 PM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
The fact that he nearly destroyed his bike 3 more times and it's not even race day. The kid is indeed fast, but he has problems keeping the bike up.
There's 17 races this season, and he's already crashed out of 2. Going off of every other season, he's due to crash out of 3-4 more races.

Edit: Though hey, I'm not surprised he threw his bike down the gravel trap so often this weekend. In his GP carer, he's finished a race at Brno only once. He has a 20% chance of finishing the race tomorrow.
What's that have to do with his GP team though?

There's always the possibility that he can learn to calm down on the crashing or be coached into a little more consistency.

A lot of people have crashed in Moto2 this year. It's having first year growing pains. Ton of riders and a lot of people trying to make a name for themselves. The only person to score points in every race this year is Toni Elias.

post #22 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 08:14 PM
Demented

Quote:
What's that have to do with his GP team though?

There's always the possibility that he can learn to calm down on the crashing or be coached into a little more consistency.

A lot of people have crashed in Moto2 this year. It's having first year growing pains. Ton of riders and a lot of people trying to make a name for themselves. The only person to score points in every race this year is Toni Elias.
What it has to do with him moving up to MotoGP, is he's not ready. He has the speed, but he's shown he doesn't have the skill. His biggest problem is that he tries to ride above what he is actually capable of.

What he really needs to do is learn to actually ride and finish races before taking a jump up to a higher class. Though I'm not basing this on just Moto2. This is going over his entire career, starting from 2005.
post #23 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 08:26 PM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
What it has to do with him moving up to MotoGP, is he's not ready. He has the speed, but he's shown he doesn't have the skill. His biggest problem is that he tries to ride above what he is actually capable of.

What he really needs to do is learn to actually ride and finish races before taking a jump up to a higher class. Though I'm not basing this on just Moto2. This is going over his entire career, starting from 2005.
We'll find out next year what he does in GP. I'm reserving judgment. Everything could change. Sometimes riders just need to grow up.

I don't think there's any reason to be against a new bike and a new team on a shrinking grid.

He's not stealing anybody else's thunder or their ride. If he was kicking someone else out, I'd be with you. But he's bringing his own money and his own team to help bolster the grid numbers. I'm all for it. If he can't hack it, he'll go somewhere else.

Espargaro's been binning it a lot this year but he's going to get another go.

post #24 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 08:29 PM
Demented

Quote:
We'll find out next year what he does in GP. I'm reserving judgment. Everything could change. Sometimes riders just need to grow up.

I don't think there's any reason to be against a new bike and a new team on a shrinking grid.

He's not stealing anybody else's thunder or their ride. If he was kicking someone else out, I'd be with you. But he's bringing his own money and his own team to help bolster the grid numbers. I'm all for it. If he can't hack it, he'll go somewhere else.

Espargaro's been binning it a lot this year but he's going to get another go.
I'm not against a new bike on the grid, I'm against that particular rider going up a level instead of learning what he needs to learn in a lesser level.
post #25 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 10:16 PM
Demented

Just read something funny on WERA's site.

Quote:
In the spirit of BSB's Team Sorrymate.com namesake, I wonder if they'll name their team InOverHisHead.com.

I guess Ducati needs to replenish its coffers for some reason...
post #26 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 08:43 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
We need a Honda Repsol team in moto2...

A SICKNESS FOR QUICKNESS
post #27 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 12:41 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
[quote=Kurosaki;2900466]
Quote:
Ben, already dubbed as the 5th alien will land.
[/QUOTE

By who?

It's all over the place dude. There are people stating that he'll take the crown next year...I mean...C'MON!!! Really?

I haven't watched this weekend's race yet, but based on his qualifying, it only adds fuel to the fire.

on a side note...this is exactly why I opened this thread. When there aren't any races on, the news sites are low on info and it drives me nuts.
post #28 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 12:43 AM
Demented

Quote:

It's all over the place dude. There are people stating that he'll take the crown next year...I mean...C'MON!!! Really?

I haven't watched this weekend's race yet, but based on his qualifying, it only adds fuel to the fire.

on a side note...this is exactly why I opened this thread. When there aren't any races on, the news sites are low on info and it drives me nuts.
Not even Toby Moody and Julian Ryder are saying that, and it's been well stated that they get insanely excited over morning coffee.
post #29 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 09:58 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Moto 2 Spoiler to follow!!

Quote:
Not even Toby Moody and Julian Ryder are saying that, and it's been well stated that they get insanely excited over morning coffee.
They do like coffee...

---

Funny enough -- KA didn't finish the race...who would have thought???

Anyway, if he wants to ride the desmo, I say do it! MotoGP races are so boring these days, a little crashing will at least liven it up.

www.LMGTFY.com --> give it a try before you ask

Thanks for driving that hybrid...and saving all the gas for me!
post #30 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 01:19 PM
Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by powermoose1 View Post
Moto 2 Spoiler to follow!!

They do like coffee...

---

Funny enough -- KA didn't finish the race...who would have thought???

Anyway, if he wants to ride the desmo, I say do it! MotoGP races are so boring these days, a little crashing will at least liven it up.
He didn't finish the race because he got charged with a DNS. He "banged his head" in that second crash yesterday, but also put an entire bike and parts bin in the garbage, so there's no way he could have raced even without a "bang to the head" because his bike was FUBAR'd.

But hey, yeah...who would have guessed he'd never take the checkered flag or any points?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page