LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 12:10 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Rossi... Moto2 Team Owner 2011!

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sp..._/R-EPI-126879

This is super exciting news!!!

Quote:
Valentino Rossi has launched a bid to become a team owner in the 2011 Moto2 world championship.
MCN understands Rossi will help fund the project with lifelong friend Uccio Salucci installed as boss of the Italian legend’s new Grand Prix venture.
MCN sources claimed Rossi was in negotiations with Eskil Suter at the Motorland Aragon race last weekend about a chassis deal as the reigning world MotoGP champion looks to finalise his plans.
Any new team wishing to enter Moto2 must have submitted an official application to the International Race Teams Association by September 28.
One rider will be Italian Andrea Iannone, who won Sunday’s Moto2 race for his third win of the campaign.
It is the second big career change for Rossi in the space of two months after he completed a shock move from Yamaha to Ducati in a two-year deal announced at Brno in mid-August.
A prominent source told MCN: “It looks like one very high profile MotoGP rider will have his own Moto2 team next season. Iannone will be one rider. He has interest from just about every team, but it looks like he will end up with Valentino.”
Provisional acceptance for the 2011 Moto2 series will be made on October 8 at the Sepang Grand Prix in Malaysia.
Those teams granted an entry will then need to a pay 20,000 Euro security deposit per rider by October 29 in Estoril.
The idea is then to unveil a list of accepted entries during the final round of the season in Valencia in early November.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 12:21 AM
Demented

Welcome to last week. :P

I wonder if he's wanting to get his feet wet by owning a Moto2 team to possibly go down to Moto2 in 2013.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 02:02 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rossi would goto WSBK before he ever went to Moto2 as a rider. If this news is true I wonder how he'll do both team owner and racer at events where both classes are held, he's always been good at attracting sponsorship money at will so this baffles me. IF TRUE

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 02:09 AM
Demented

I see him staying in prototype racing over WSBK, as long as Biaggi is there.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 11:33 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

^ i agree he wouldnt go to wsbk with biaggi there. Why would he leave motogp it makes no sense for him thats the top class.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 12:08 AM
Banned

I'm lost as to why you think Biaggi is any kind of deterrent to Rossi? Kids need to bone up on (recent) history. Why would Rossi goto Moto2? He's been there, done that when they where 250's, and call me crazy, I don't personally know the guy but it seems he likes a challenge and the conquest (history history history). WSBK is a series that he's never even competed in, thus a NEW conquest. Not stepping down or back, just along. He could probably pull just as much money in WSBK if Rossi went there and could get more track time and variety in WSBK, along with more challenge. I'm not saying he's going to WSBK in any way, I'm saying he would go WSBK WAAAYYYY before Moto2, which will not happen. It's all just speculation and you guys just pulled that $#i# out of your a$$. While we're doing the poop info dance, I'll speculate and say depending on how poorly the next 2 seasons go, he'll retire and do MGMT duties, maybe moonlight in smaller series as the bambinos take over the top class like the old american GP heroes did

FWIW, i think if either series outlawed electronics (impossible?) that they would pull talent

Last edited by RedEIKO0713; 09-27-2010 at 12:13 AM. Reason: added FWIW
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 12:24 AM
Demented

Rossi's never done Moto2. Personally, I'd rather race Moto2 than superbikes. More of a challenge and down to raw skill.

Rossi hates Biaggi, Biaggi hates Rossi. I think all of us would see Rossi having dinner with lorenzo before he even shakes Biaggi's hand.

Though, we all still don't know of Rossi's Ducati contract has clauses for him to go to F1 and/or WRC.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 03:16 AM
Banned

omfg, isn't there someone on this forum that has a quote about arguing with idiots? ****
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 10:41 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

rossi wont leave gp for wsbk or moto2 hes going to stay in gp. Even if he owns a moto2 team he still wont leave gp cause it is the elite class that everyone wants to be in. Im sure he will take the ducati ride and represent for the italian manufacturer in the gp class. I agree biaggi wouldnt stop rossi from going to wsbk but he has no need to move to wsbk thats where you go if you cant hang in the gp class. Moto2 is a great league but still dont see rossi giving up a gp ride to prove something in moto2 makes no sense for him to do so. I will bet that rossi jumps at the oppourtunity to ride and help develop the ducati in the gp class. Who doesnt want to see the italian on the italian bike for the first time in gp?

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Rossi is just setting up other things for his future....Moto2 team owner, I can see that. Personally I love the Moto2 racing, very exciting, dangerous!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page