So, how many million will Yamaha sue Rossi for? - 600RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 05:12 PM
Demented

So, how many million will Yamaha sue Rossi for?

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sp...cati-comments/

Quote:
Valentino Rossi has apparently been gagged by Yamaha and is unable to make any public comments about his factory Ducati debut in Valencia next week.

One of the conditions of Rossi’s early release from his Yamaha contract was that he wouldn’t speak to the media after his GP11 debut in Valencia next Tuesday and Wednesday.

Rossi was given permission to test for Ducati during last month’s Australian Grand Prix at Phillip Island.

It means the first time Rossi will be able to speak officially about his thoughts on the Ducati will not come until the Bologna factory holds its traditional team launch at the Madonna di Campiglio ski resort in mid-January.

He will then test the GP11 again at the Sepang circuit in Malaysia on February 1,2 and 3.
'cause there's no way he can keep his mouth shut for that long about the Duc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 05:15 PM
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*

Thanked 1,191 Times in 901 Posts
Feedback Score: 27 reviews

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 06:08 PM
BDT
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Why would they let him test for another team mid season? I woulda said wait until after Valencia.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 06:14 PM
Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDT View Post
Why would they let him test for another team mid season? I woulda said wait until after Valencia.
He isn't testing until the Valencia test.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 06:18 PM
BDT
Moto GP Racer

So he didn't test at Philip Island? The article doesn't say, it just said he had permission.

Either way, If I was Yamaha I wouldn't allow him to test at Valencia either. I'd tell him he has to wait until the season's completely over. The less testing time with Ducati the better for Yamaha. Could you imagine if Formula1 drivers did that, there would be hell to pay.

EDIT: Nevermind, the testing is the tuesday & wednesday after the race. My bad.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 06:21 PM
Demented

Yamaha finally gave him permission to test the Ducati (at Valencia) in Philip Island. His contract does not run out until the end of the year, but the 2011 race season starts the day after the Valencia race.

Releasing riders to test for their new team after the end of the season is something that's always been done in MotoGP. HRC made a big mistake by not allowing Rossi to go test for Yamaha and it back fired in their face big time.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 07:33 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I think there are only authorized tracks/time frame for official testing????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightslugger View Post
Flip Diver's gotta be a bot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatstud View Post
flip posts bewbies everywhere!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacksoncbr600 View Post
No flipdiver posts newbies everywhere.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 07:46 PM
Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipDiver79 View Post
I think there are only authorized tracks/time frame for official testing????
That would be correct.
Riders are limited to I think 5 or 6 days of testing before the season starts, unlike years prior when it was if you had the budget, go test.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 07:58 PM
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I give him 3 weeks, nothing can stop an Italian tongue,

R.I.P. P H A T S T U D

Stickies down!!!!! GEAR UP!!!!!!!

MOTORCYCLE PIC GAME PT. 2 RESULTShttps://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=256112
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 09:02 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demented View Post
That would be correct.
Riders are limited to I think 5 or 6 days of testing before the season starts, unlike years prior when it was if you had the budget, go test.
YEah theres valencia, then the testing mid season in Sepang? Im not really sure bout this tho...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightslugger View Post
Flip Diver's gotta be a bot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatstud View Post
flip posts bewbies everywhere!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacksoncbr600 View Post
No flipdiver posts newbies everywhere.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 09:08 PM
Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipDiver79 View Post
YEah theres valencia, then the testing mid season in Sepang? Im not really sure bout this tho...
2 days at Valencia and 3 days at Sepang. That's all that I know of and doesn't seem right, 'cause I think there's another Sepang test in there somewhere unless it was ditched and why Valencia is 2 days.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-05-2010, 11:36 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Releasing riders to test for their new team after the end of the season is something that's always been done in MotoGP. HRC made a big mistake by not allowing Rossi to go test for Yamaha and it back fired in their face big time.

Agreed. It's common courtesy to allow the rider to test with his new team...and in return they expect other teams to do the same when they hire a new rider.
HRC acted like a bunch of D-bags. I think they even told Rossi they would give him an NSR500 after the season was over then changed their minds
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-05-2010, 09:30 PM
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
2 days at Valencia and 3 days at Sepang. That's all that I know of and doesn't seem right, 'cause I think there's another Sepang test in there somewhere unless it was ditched and why Valencia is 2 days.
And then 2 days under the lights in Qatar 3 days before the start of the season. Doesn't give much time to change anything about the bike so to me it's a pointless test anyway.

"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside." - Valentino Rossi

“Now I can say my morale is reasonably high because I've discovered I have a great rapport with morphine!” he joked, adding “I hope nobody wins!” when asked about the race. - V. Rossi

WSMC/WERA #850
2007 600rr gray/orange

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-27-2010, 11:31 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
That would be correct.
Holy ****. Only 6 days of testing? Motocross riders test for months before the season starts.

The teams must already have a great setup, and only need fine tuning to have such limited test days.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-27-2010, 12:51 PM
Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatliner View Post
Holy ****. Only 6 days of testing? Motocross riders test for months before the season starts.

The teams must already have a great setup, and only need fine tuning to have such limited test days.
It's part of that stupid cost cutting thing Dorna is doing, but like the 6 engine rule, costs teams more money because they have to spend even more money to get the most out of those 6 days and can only test once or twice on new parts for the bike, instead of being able to get more info.

The 2 day Valencia test that is already over is sadly what Honda, Suzuki, Ducati, and Yamaha have to get info on the 2011 bikes and what to change.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 10:57 AM
BDT
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
It's part of that stupid cost cutting thing Dorna is doing, but like the 6 engine rule, costs teams more money because they have to spend even more money to get the most out of those 6 days and can only test once or twice on new parts for the bike, instead of being able to get more info.

The 2 day Valencia test that is already over is sadly what Honda, Suzuki, Ducati, and Yamaha have to get info on the 2011 bikes and what to change.
Can't they test the crap outta them until they officially name the bike as being used for 2011? I mean couldn't they be testing the 2011 bikes in the middle of 2010 before the season was out with backup riders on private tracks?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page