Quote:
Originally Posted by djacksoncbr600 View Post
No flipdiver posts newbies everywhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 02:46 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Wow, will be interesting to see who fills in to support the reigning champ.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 06:37 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
yeah, no rossi no fiat

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 08:07 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
You knew that ride was over once Rossi announced his move to Ducati.

What is sad, is that Yamaha won the Riders Title, Constructors Title and the factory team won the Team Title.

And...they don't have a sponsor willing to step in. Sad state of affairs. They're considering just flying the corporate flag vs. giving title sponsor props at a discounted price.

http://gpone.com/index.php/en/news/3...o-to-zero.html

‎"Any man who may be asked in this century, what he did to make his life worthwhile, can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy." -JFK

----
"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

--
SuperMoto ------------------- SuperSport

Does it get any better? Probably not.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 10:48 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
wow interesting

i dont see why there having such hard time finding a sponsor, i know rossi's gone but it wasnt him that brought them to victory this year

i think sometimes people forget, hes an amazing rider, but hes not the ONLY amazing rider
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 09:50 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandurin View Post
You knew that ride was over once Rossi announced his move to Ducati.

What is sad, is that Yamaha won the Riders Title, Constructors Title and the factory team won the Team Title.

And...they don't have a sponsor willing to step in. Sad state of affairs. They're considering just flying the corporate flag vs. giving title sponsor props at a discounted price.

http://gpone.com/index.php/en/news/3...o-to-zero.html
I find it hard to believe that they cant find a major sponsor for the number 1 plated rider and last years rookie of the year and top us rider(sorry hayden). Dont worry that void will be filled come spring.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 06:31 PM
BOTM Winner 03/13

That was sort of inevitable really with Rossi going. Fiat may even swap over to Ducati for 2011 if the sponsorship is still deemed worthwhile. It would make sense with the tie ins that Ducati and Ferrari have already made. Announcement shortly after Rossi trounces Alonso at Madonna di Campiglio? Lets hope so on both counts, Alonso is a whiny biatch.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 06:55 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

what!?! how sick would that be to watch rossi and alonso duke it out in F1, motogp and wrc?
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 07:27 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by helghast7 View Post
wow interesting

i dont see why there having such hard time finding a sponsor, i know rossi's gone but it wasnt him that brought them to victory this year

i think sometimes people forget, hes an amazing rider, but hes not the ONLY amazing rider
I don't think it necessarily has anything to do with Lorenzo not being a competent rider or Rossi being better or worse than him or others.

IMO its just about money and how the sponsor wants to be associated. Fiat wanted to be tied with Rossi regardless if he was riding a Yamaha.

For sure Yamaha could find a title sponser but they probably don't want to just give it away and combined with companies looking for the best bang for their buck, its not easy.

It can kind of be like in F1 where a pilot can actually buy his seat by bringing in sponsorship money (not that Rossi had to buy his ride). When he no longer has his seat, his sponsership money is gone with him.

Or another sport analogy. Oscar Dela Hoya was the biggest ppv draw in boxing when he fought. Even when he was past his prime and was no where near the P4P discussion. Companies would endorse Oscar not the sport of boxing.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2011, 07:37 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowBlow View Post
I don't think it necessarily has anything to do with Lorenzo not being a competent rider or Rossi being better or worse than him or others.

IMO its just about money and how the sponsor wants to be associated. Fiat wanted to be tied with Rossi regardless if he was riding a Yamaha.

For sure Yamaha could find a title sponser but they probably don't want to just give it away and combined with companies looking for the best bang for their buck, its not easy.
Rossi would appear to be more marketable, so there is that.

And that is why Yamaha may be considering just flying the corporate flag. They don't want to stoop to Suzuki's level and just give away major sponsorship space on the bike on the cheap. Whomever Yamaha's MotoGP director of marketing is, I'm sure has to be sweating it big time on that hot seat of theirs.

Fiat leaves because Rossi leaves. Whether that is actually true or not, it appears that way. Honda convinces Repsol to up the ante and sponsor 3 bikes, along with promising "factory status" for the Gresini riders. Marlboro is willing to throw huge sums of money at Ducati, as we saw when the stories were swirling about the amount of money they were willing to pay Lorenzo.

and...Yamaha can't get corporate sponsorship for a Triple Crown year, and a rider who is being dubbed (prematurely I believe) the next "Alien"?

Would NOT want to be that person.

‎"Any man who may be asked in this century, what he did to make his life worthwhile, can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy." -JFK

----
"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

--

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 08:57 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
It's a simple cost vs exposure move Yami wants as the reigning championship team more money for advertising and Fiat being an Italian company would much rather pay an Italian rider on an Italian bike that kind of money now that they have the chance too.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 10:16 PM
Moto GP Racer

I don't think Fiat is anywhere on the GP grid. There are a couple of sponsors who were previously not on the grid however.

On the Ducati. Imagine that.

----

--

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page