Danny Eslick will wear RS-Taichi Leathers in 2011! - 600RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-12-2011, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
cyclesector.com

Feedback Score: 85 reviews
Danny Eslick will wear RS-Taichi Leathers in 2011!

Its official, the top AMA rider will wear RS-Taichi for the 2011 season!

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...?article=43045

Quote:
DALLAS (January 12, 2011) – Moto Liberty is proud to announce that two-time AMA Pro roadracing champion Danny Eslick will wear RS Taichi racing apparel in his quest for the 2011 AMA Pro Daytona SportBike championship and while defending his Vance & Hines XR1200 title.

“I’m pumped to be wearing RS Taichi,” said the 24-year-old Oklahoman, who is as notable for his hard-charging ways on the track as for his easy smile and casual demeanor in the pits. He has known Moto Liberty owner and long-time road racing supporter Audrey Menarik since he hit the asphalt: “Audrey was helpful in getting me set up in the right gear when I was making the transition from dirt track to road racing. It’s nice to give back to her because she gives so much to the sport,” said Eslick.

After winning the 2009 Daytona SportBike championship on a Buell, Eslick cemented his reputation as one of the sport’s brightest stars with a runner-up showing on a GEICO Powersports RMR Suzuki and in scoring the XR1200 title last season. For 2011, the 12-time AMA Pro Racing winner will be with the same championship-winning team and outfitted in a full complement of RS Taichi’s innovative, Japanese-designed racing apparel.

Eslick, who’s led 280 race laps in eight years of professional pavement pounding, said, “I’m looking forward to wearing the right stuff. Most people only think about protection--and I know RS Taichi has me covered with that--but on the track, fit and feel are so important. I won’t have to change my riding style to work with my new suits.”

RS Taichi’s Taka Niwa communicated the entire company’s excitement to work with one of America’s top road racers: “RS Taichi has worked with professional riders for more than 30 years and we are very happy for this opportunity to support Danny with our riding gear. We know that to concentrate on riding, racers need to be protected with comfortable and protective gear. Of course, it has to be good looking too. We believe that RS Taichi is the brand that can provide the required gear for Danny at the highest level.”

Moto Liberty is a major U.S. distributor for RS Taichi high-performance riding gear. Founded in 1976, in Osaka, Japan, RS Taichi is a leader in motorcycle-specific apparel that is engineered with innovation, using state-of-the art materials and construction techniques that ensure the ultimate in protection, comfort and style.

Menarik is excited about this opportunity for Moto Liberty and RS Taichi: “I've been selling race suits for more than 20 years, but being in RS Taichi’s pit booth at the AMA Pro races last year reminded me that spectators really do care about which riders represent various brands. With that in mind, I’m thrilled Danny chose to work with us.”

About RS Taichi
RS Taichi was founded by Taichi Yoshimura in 1976, in Osaka, Japan. Working with professional riders for more than 30 years, Mr. Yoshimura made RS Taichi into a leader in motorcycle-specific apparel. Engineered with innovation, it has grown into an extensive line of riding gear for track days, racing, sportbiking, cruising and touring. With safety and comfort leading the design process, only state-of-the art materials and construction techniques are used to ensure that protection requirements are exceeded.

Last edited by Disco; 01-12-2011 at 10:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 06:00 AM
Resident Arai Freak

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Love the leather company, hate the rider. Couldn't Audrey and Taka work out a better deal with a rider who is likeable in the paddock?

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."

- JFK
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 11:10 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Should be good to punt Herrion off track at least a couple times ;)

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 11:19 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 14 reviews
sweet great rider, great gear...ya cant go wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-NA6CE View Post
Women are mental terrorists. They bleed for almost a week and don't die. Of course they're crazy. Seriously. End of discussion.
R.I.P PHATSTUD

officially addicted to track
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 12:03 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco;3030007[B
]Its official, the top AMA rider will wear RS-Taichi for the 2011 season![/B]

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...?article=43045
Did Cardenas not win the championship last year? He's also racing in 600 class (with a 600 last year not a buell), so I'll disagree with him being the top rider, a great talent and fun as hell to watch him slide and bounce people off the track, and do sweet wheelies, but lets wait till he puts a run like spies/mladin did b4 saying he's the top ama guy.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 08:07 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcbr4lyfe View Post
Did Cardenas not win the championship last year? He's also racing in 600 class (with a 600 last year not a buell), so I'll disagree with him being the top rider, a great talent and fun as hell to watch him slide and bounce people off the track, and do sweet wheelies, but lets wait till he puts a run like spies/mladin did b4 saying he's the top ama guy.
C'mon man..Diego is a business man, who has to do his own marketing. He puts the spin on things as needed.

Eslick has two AMA titles to his resume and can technically carry the #1 plate in the XR1200 class. That, by default makes him a top level AMA guy, at least for the upcoming season.

Having said that, I think the guy is a tool.

‎"Any man who may be asked in this century, what he did to make his life worthwhile, can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy." -JFK

----
"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

--
SuperMoto ------------------- SuperSport

Does it get any better? Probably not.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 10:07 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandurin View Post
C'mon man..Diego is a business man, who has to do his own marketing. He puts the spin on things as needed.

Eslick has two AMA titles to his resume and can technically carry the #1 plate in the XR1200 class. That, by default makes him a top level AMA guy, at least for the upcoming season.

Having said that, I think the guy is a tool.
He is a Top AMA rider for sure, I meant to say not the top guy like op said. Last years racing for daytona supersport was the best racing in years at any level, there were 6 guys running at the front every race and the championship came down to the last lap, hard imo to call anyone a cut above the rest, but if you are gonna do it at least give that title to the guy with the number 1 plate now.

Last edited by adamcbr4lyfe; 01-24-2011 at 10:11 AM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 01:06 PM
Moto GP Racer

Martin Cardenas.

I believe he may have been bumped up to 1000 class this upcoming season.

‎"Any man who may be asked in this century, what he did to make his life worthwhile, can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy." -JFK

----
"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

--
SuperMoto ------------------- SuperSport

Does it get any better? Probably not.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 10:21 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandurin View Post
Martin Cardenas.

I believe he may have been bumped up to 1000 class this upcoming season.
http://www.amaproracing.com/rr/news/index.cfm?cid=40836

You are right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page