wtf jeremy is doing daytona?
Race report is up...
Hayes Fastest In First Superbike Session Of Dunlop/AMA Pro Racing Test At Daytona
Josh Hayes (center) confers with Crew Chief Jim Roach (right) and suspension technician Chris Lessing (left).
Photo by David Swarts/Roadracingworld.com.
Defending AMA Pro Superbike Champion Josh Hayes turned the fastest lap time of the first Superbike session during Tuesday’s Dunlop/AMA Pro Racing tire test at Daytona International Speedway.
Hayes’ last lap on his YZF-R1 was a 1:38.795, which propelled him past the 1:39.074 of Rockstar Makita Suzuki’s Tommy Hayden to claim fast-lap bragging rights.
Hayden ended up second-fastest, just ahead of his teammate Blake Young, who did a 1:39.417 on his GSX-R1000.
The surprise of the session may have been the immediate speed of Eric Bostrom, who recorded a fourth-fastest 1:39.930 on his Cycle World Attack Performance Kawasaki ZX-10R.
Overnight rains and morning mist delayed the start of Tuesday’s activities, but the track was relatively dry when the one-hour session for Superbikes started.
Dunlop/AMA Pro Racing Tire Test
Daytona International Speedway
Daytona Beach, Florida
January 18, 2011
Session One Provisional Results (2.9-mile course, all on Dunlop tires):
1. Josh Hayes (Yam YZF-R1), 1:38.795
2. Tommy Hayden (Suz GSX-R1000), 1:39.074
3. Blake Young (Suz GSX-R1000), 1:39.416
4. Eric Bostrom (Kaw ZX-10R), 1:39.930
5. Larry Pegram (BMW S1000RR), 1:39.983
6. Ben Bostrom (Suz GSX-R1000), 1:40.282
7. Roger Hayden (Suz GSX-R1000), 1:40.675
8. Martin Cardenas (Suz GSX-R1000), 1:40.995
9. Chris Ulrich (Suz GSX-R1000), 1:41.497
10. Geoff May (Buell 1125RR), 1:42.139
11. David Anthony (Suz GSX-R1000), 1:42.145
12. Jeremy Toye (BMW S1000RR), 1:43.992
13. Barrett Long (Duc 1098R), 1:44.421
14. Chris Clark (Yam YZF-R1), 1:44.439
15. Eric Haugo (Suz GSX-R1000), 1:45.006
16. Chris Trounson (Suz GSX-R1000), 1:45.811
17. Jordan Burgess (Suz GSX-R1000), 1:45.892
18. Gary Orr (BMW S1000RR), 1:47.789