MotoGP 2011 Round 5 Catalunya ***SPOILER*** - 600RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
MotoGP 2011 Round 5 Catalunya ***SPOILER***

Ready to kick off a month of racing... This season is way better than last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightslugger View Post
Flip Diver's gotta be a bot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatstud View Post
flip posts bewbies everywhere!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacksoncbr600 View Post
No flipdiver posts newbies everywhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Race direction to summon Marco Simoncelli in Catalunya

Monday, 30 May 2011
Statement from the MotoGP Race Direction

The Race Direction will call Italian rider Marco Simoncelli during the Gran Premio Aperol de Catalunya this week, to further discuss the incident during the MotoGP race at the French Grand Prix in Le Mans.

The Monster Energy Grand Prix de France at Le Mans produced a thrilling race, but also included an incident which added controversy to proceedings at Round 4 of the 2011 MotoGP World Championship.

An overtaking manoeuvre from Marco Simoncelli on Dani Pedrosa at the Chemin aux boeufs corner resulted in a crash for the Repsol Honda rider, and he was later diagnosed with a broken right collarbone. Simoncelli was penalised for the incident with a ride through penalty, and ended the race in fifth position.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
post #3 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 07:48 PM
BOTM Winner 03/13

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipDiver79 View Post
I don't really see the need for this. Smacks of victimisation to me.

Is it race direction attempting to justify the penalty in the last race to Simoncelli, or a pre-race warning to watch his riding?

post #4 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 10:21 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Read that MS got a few death threats. Lol

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
post #5 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 11:15 PM
BOTM Winner 8/12 / Super Moderator

Thanked 1,043 Times in 921 Posts
Should be good!! watch he'll win this race :P
post #6 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 01:00 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I think RD is just retaliating in sorts as a part of MS somewhat accusing RD of singling him out due to all the rider complaints.

‎"Any man who may be asked in this century, what he did to make his life worthwhile, can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy." -JFK

----
"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

--
SuperMoto ------------------- SuperSport

Does it get any better? Probably not.
post #7 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Pedrosa out of Catalunya..

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/169...alunya_gp.html

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
post #8 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 12:54 PM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
For the ones that can not open links

Repsol Honda has confirmed Dani Pedrosa will not race at this weekend's Catalunya Grand Prix after being unable to fully recover from his recent collarbone surgery in time.

The Spaniard fractured his right collarbone in a fall at the French Grand Prix, the Spaniard coming down heavily after a controversial and highly-publicised collision with Honda counterpart Marco Simoncelli.

Opting for surgery on the collarbone shortly after the event, Pedrosa had less than three weeks to recover in time to compete at his home Catalunya GP, but a slower than expected healing process has now forced him to withdraw from this weekend's event.

Indeed, the surgery was his second in as many months, Pedrosa admitting it is perhaps wise to exercise caution at this stage and return at full strength instead.

"After France, I had surgery to stabilise the fracture of my right collarbone and hoped to be ready for Barcelona,” he said. “I pushed myself as best as I could but I feel that my collarbone is not yet ready. I think I must rest for a while and recover properly. Since early this year I've had many problems and operations and I really believe I must stop now and let this heal properly.“

A bitter disappointment for Pedrosa, not least for his burgeoning title hopes, the Portuguese Grand Prix winner hopes to be back as soon as he can.

“I would love to be in Montmeló with all the fans that follow me but for me if I'm on track, I'm there to fight for victory and offer them a good race. I feel that is not possible at the moment and therefore the most sensible thing is not to compete.

“It is a big shame what happened. Despite all the problems I had earlier in the season, this year I felt very strong and I was aware that I could beat my opponents. I want to say thank you to you all for your support and hope to be back in full shape as soon as possible to continue giving my best.”

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #9 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 01:05 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Rossi rode on a broken ankle - that's way worse.
post #10 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 09:09 AM
MotoGP NEWS Guru

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Also, remember that Nicky Hayden also rode on a broken collarbone after Dani plowed into him at Estroril 2006. Finished the last race on a broken collarbone. Champions ride through the pain. But, I also understand his point of view. It's a long season. One DNF is not the end of the world, especially on the monster bike he has. He'll win more races. His GP career gets better and better: 2 wins, 2 wins, 2 wins, 2 wins, 3 wins... I mean, sure, his peers (Stoner, Lorenzo) have done much better, but it's hard to be crowned champion by your psycho mentor and not feel pressure.

As for the Simoncelli thing, it was a racing incident. But the guy has demonstrated he's been dangerous in the past. If there was an opportunity to penalize him, that was the move. It doesn't matter if it was close, but the fact that it was close to being a shady overtake was worth giving him the ride-through. The guy is a bully. Motorcycle racing is NOT a contact sport. Not at these speeds. These bikes are way too in control for you to be out of control. If it were an animal like the 500s and the early 990s where there were no traction control, etc. and taming the best and get it to go where you wanted was difficult, maybe. But in this day and age where these bikes can stop on a dime and rip the head off a dandelion at the apex at 90 mph, you can't be bullying your way into places without consequences.

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)

"It´s not easier to ride, but I don´t need something easier, I need something faster."
- Nicky Hayden #69

Next Track Days (NESBA): September 10 - Summit (Main)
The Following User Says Thank You to sooperman12 For This Useful Post:
ninja rr (06-03-2011)
post #11 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 10:31 AM
BOTM Winner 8/12 / Super Moderator

Thanked 1,043 Times in 921 Posts
If MS doesnt get a good grid position we may see another "move"? dont think he will let up or be cautious, he will ride the way he always rides...
post #12 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Side story. MotoGP owners bidding for WSBK

http://www.bikesportnews.com/news-de......&newsid=377

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
post #13 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Gran Premi Aperol de Catalunya racing numbers

Thursday, 2 June 2011
Interesting facts and statistics ahead of round five of the 2011 MotoGP World Championship at Montmeló.

54 years - On race day in Catalunya it will be exactly 54 years ago that Carlo Ubbiali finished second in the 1957 125cc TT race,which was the last in a record sequence of 14 podium finishes. By finishing in the top three in Catalunya Nico Terol would equal this record.

36 years - On the day of qualifying in France, it will be exactly 36 years ago, at the 1975 Isle of Man TT, that Mick Grant gave Kawasaki their second and last Grand Prix victory in the 500cc class.

25 - Casey Stoner’s victory at the French Grand Prix was the 25th premier-class win of his career – the same number of premier-class wins as Kevin Schwantz who won the 500cc world title in 1993 riding a Suzuki. Only five riders have a greater number of premier-class wins (Rossi, Agostini, Doohan, Hailwood and Lawson).

24 - In addition to Jorge Lorenzo’s great winning record since the start of last year, he has also shown great consistency and has finished in the top four at the last 24 races, a sequence that started at the Malaysian Grand Prix in 2009. Since the world championship series started in 1949, only Valentino Rossi has had a longer sequence of top four finishes in the premier-class with 28 successive top three finishes.

20 - This will be the 20th successive year that the Circuit de Catalunya has been used since it was first included in the Road-racing Grand Prix World Championships in 1992. Only three current venues have a longer ongoing sequence of hosting Grand Prix events: Jerez, Mugello and Assen.

9 - Valentino Rossi is the most successful rider at the Catalunya circuit with nine victories (1 x 125cc, 2 x 250cc, 1 x 500cc, 5 x MotoGP).

5 - There have been five premier-class victories by Spanish riders at the Catalunya circuit; Alex Criville in 1995 & 1999, Carlos Checa in 1996, Dani Pedrosa in 2008 and Jorge Lorenzo last year.

5 - Yamaha have been the most successful manufacturer at the Catalunya circuit during the four-stroke MotoGP era with five victories. Honda and Ducati have each won twice in the MotoGP class at the Catalan Grand Prix.

4 - At the French GP, Stefan Bradl became the first rider to take four successive pole positions in the intermediate-class of Grand Prix racing since Jorge Lorenzo in 2006. If he qualifies on pole in Catalunya he will be the first rider to have five successive poles in the intermediate-class since Toni Elias in 2003.

3 - At the French Grand Prix, Valentino Rossi finished on the podium for the first time riding a Ducati, adding to previous MotoGP podium appearances on Honda and Yamaha. Only two other riders have had podium finishes on four-stroke MotoGP machines from three different manufacturers: Marco Melandri (Yamaha, Honda & Kawasaki) and Alex Barros (Honda, Yamaha & Ducati).

2 - At the Le Mans race, Honda riders took the top two places in the MotoGP race for the first time in the 800cc era. The last time that Honda riders took a one-two finish in MotoGP was at the USA GP in 2006 at Laguna Seca (Hayden & Pedrosa).

0.39 seconds - The MotoGP race at the Catalan GP in 2007 is the closest podium finish since the introduction of the 800cc capacity limit with just 0.39 seconds covering the first three riders across the line (Stoner, Rossi and Pedrosa).

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
post #14 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 12:40 PM
cyclesector.com

Feedback Score: 85 reviews
looking forward to another great race! Its been a pretty good season so far, mainly for all the drama!

post #15 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 01:14 PM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
Forza Simoncelli

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #16 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 03:58 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Seeing Flips race weekend posts up and active makes me excited. Bring on the madness.

The Following User Says Thank You to .b0link For This Useful Post:
FlipDiver79 (06-02-2011)
post #17 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by .b0link View Post
Seeing Flips race weekend posts up and active makes me excited. Bring on the madness.
They season is in full swing with 6 races in 8 weeks... like diego said, this season is so much better than last years.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
post #18 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Oh and lots of new stuff happening too..

Moto3 bike unveiled today...

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
post #19 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 09:20 PM
World Superbike Racer

Thoughts:

That new NSF250R is sweet looking.

It's hard to think of MotoGP when the IOMTT is going on. Go Guy Martin Go!

This season is going to be a blow out. Casey Stoner is going to win it by 50 points. I am not a Stoner fan, but it sure beats another season on Jorge Lorenzo with the number one plate.

Marco Simoncelli is FAST. I wonder if we will ever find out if his tire can go the distance with that kind of riding...

My take on the 'Racing Incident:' Dani broke early. It didn't look like Dani was on the racing line either. It was as much his fault for not falling in as it was MS' fault for cutting in front of him. What kills me is: if MS has another foot in front, the announcers would have all been raving madly about what a daring and spectacular move it was. How MS has the heart to win, and blah blah blah. "He really cut his nose off there." It happens all the time, and they applaud it all the time.

Secondly, it is hypocritical for ruthless guys like Rossi and Lorenzo (don't believe me: look at the move he put on Dovi in the same race or the move he tried to make on MS last year) to criticize MS.

Then there are guys like Colin Edwards saying it was too aggressive. But, CE has lost all his aggressiveness. He rides around talking about 'top 7' as though it is a win. Spies last year and Crutchlow this year are showing that the Tech-3 can be a podium bike (CC will get there). I like CE, but I think it is time for him to go home...He's starting to act and talk like the old man he is becoming.

I feel bad for Perdrosa. Broken collarbones are painful, and I couldn't imagine getting on a bike 3 weeks after breaking one. Between the numbness, the pain, and the lack of the ability to put weight through the shoulder, it is really not a fun thing. His championship is done for the year though. Even when he does come back, he will be timid. He already backs away from heated racing, preferring to pass down the straights. Now it will just be worse. The guy has PSSD (Post Simoncelli Stress Disorder).

Finally - Karma's a bitch ain't it Dani (I could see that thought bubble in the 69's mind right now...)

www.LMGTFY.com --> give it a try before you ask

Thanks for driving that hybrid...and saving all the gas for me!
post #20 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 10:15 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 56 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbylitenin View Post
I wanna learn from the master king dingaling
post #21 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 11:21 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:

Monday, 30 May 2011
Statement from the MotoGP Race Direction

The Race Direction will call Italian rider Marco Simoncelli during the Gran Premio Aperol de Catalunya this week, to further discuss the incident during the MotoGP race at the French Grand Prix in Le Mans.

The Monster Energy Grand Prix de France at Le Mans produced a thrilling race, but also included an incident which added controversy to proceedings at Round 4 of the 2011 MotoGP World Championship.

An overtaking manoeuvre from Marco Simoncelli on Dani Pedrosa at the Chemin aux boeufs corner resulted in a crash for the Repsol Honda rider, and he was later diagnosed with a broken right collarbone. Simoncelli was penalised for the incident with a ride through penalty, and ended the race in fifth position.
Simoncelli is like a charging bull....the more red flags you put up for him the madder and wilder he gets! Maybe they should lay off him a bit and see what happens?

VR46 by my whore Sinny! Love you.

http://www.facebook.com/VR46LVR
RIP PHATSTUD...GODSPEED
post #22 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 11:56 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Yamaha pulled off a "Flash Mob" with Lorenzo simulating a MotoGP start in Barcelona.

Nothing short of brilliant. Wish I could see something like that done in the states.

‎"Any man who may be asked in this century, what he did to make his life worthwhile, can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy." -JFK

----
"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

--
SuperMoto ------------------- SuperSport

Does it get any better? Probably not.
post #23 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 12:08 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Great marketing idea....maybe it they did this in the US more people would start watching racing!

VR46 by my whore Sinny! Love you.

http://www.facebook.com/VR46LVR
RIP PHATSTUD...GODSPEED
post #24 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 09:12 AM
World Superbike Racer

Colin Edwards went down in FP2 resulting in a broken right collar bone...

post #25 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 09:22 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 56 reviews
Quote:
Colin Edwards went down in FP2 resulting in a broken right collar bone...
hmmm, that sucks! lemme log on and watch what happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbylitenin View Post
I wanna learn from the master king dingaling
post #26 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 09:42 AM
World Superbike Racer

I dont think there were any cameras on him when it happened. Been watching live and they havent been able to get a replay.

Hes on his way to Barcelona for immediate surgery...

post #27 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Couple of posts on twitter that it wasnt a clean break. Get well soon CE. Hope his bootcamp students get a refund. Lol

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
post #28 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 11:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
You said it buddy.

Quote:
Oh and lots of new stuff happening too..

Moto3 bike unveiled today...

A true thing of beauty!

Quote:
Couple of posts on twitter that it wasnt a clean break. Get well soon CE. Hope his bootcamp students get a refund. Lol
bootcamp students?
post #29 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja rr View Post
bootcamp students?
http://www.texastornadobootcamp.com/

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The Following User Says Thank You to FlipDiver79 For This Useful Post:
ninja rr (06-03-2011)
post #30 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 11:32 AM
Banned

Ahhh I see says the blind man.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page