MotoGP Round 7 Assen ***SPOILER*** - 600RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 124 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
MotoGP Round 7 Assen ***SPOILER***

Yes.. another race weekend. FP1 on thursday with the GP Race on saturday. Should be interesting with VR on a what they are calling GP ver 11.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightslugger View Post
Flip Diver's gotta be a bot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatstud View Post
flip posts bewbies everywhere!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacksoncbr600 View Post
No flipdiver posts newbies everywhere.
The Following User Says Thank You to FlipDiver79 For This Useful Post:
.b0link (06-21-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 124 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

The Ducati Team, continuing its development process with the Desmosedici, will introduce a variety of new updates at Assen. Valentino Rossi will take to the track with the next generation of the bike, called the GP11.1. The design process for this bike began after the Sepang tests, with construction beginning after the riders approved the GP12’s chassis during its first test, at Jerez.

For the GP11.1, the Corse Department prepared an 800cc engine that installs in the chassis that Ducati engineers are developing for 2012. The bike will also use a new gearbox, the “DST- Ducati Seamless Transmission”, the design process for which began in 2010.

Nicky Hayden, who has already used four engines this season, will use a GP11 equipped with the step-2 frame, whose stiffness has been further modified compared to the step-1 version that was introduced at the Estoril test. According to the engine-rotation schedule, he will ride the GP11.1 at Laguna Seca.

Valentino Rossi:
“Assen is one of my tracks – one of those that I like most and where I’ve had some nice races in all the classes. We’ll try to take advantage of that good feeling and of our experience at this circuit because Thursday morning we’ll debut some updates to my bike that are very promising but also very fresh. Filippo [Preziosi], the guys at Ducati and the Test Team have worked really hard, and that has enabled us to make this new step with the development of our bike. We haven’t had the chance to test the 800 since Estoril, so we’ll do it during the race weekends, being aware that despite having very limited time, we’ll have to focus on two jobs: making basic adjustments to the new technical parts, and finding a general setup for the race on Saturday. We’ll have to do a good job on the track in order to get the most out of the work done at the factory. It will be hard, and we know it might take some time before we can completely reach the potential of the whole package, but we’re happy and motivated by the work we’re doing.”

Nicky Hayden:
“There was no GP this past weekend, but the time went by pretty quickly, as I had a test at Mugello and a couple of PR appearances. Now it’s time for Assen, which is an awesome race. I have some good memories there, including a win, and it’s a place I really like, with a lot of history and tradition. The track has changed over the years, but I like the new section. We’ve had a big gap to the front lately, but now we have another new step with the chassis. The first step helped with the feeling, and hopefully this one will also help with the lap time. It’s clear that Ducati is working hard, and that’s motivating for me, for the team, and for all of our Ducati supporters. I look forward to getting my hands on a GP11.1 as soon as possible as well.”

Filippo Preziosi, Ducati Technical Director:
“We decided to make the GP11.1, which is an 800cc engine in a GP12 chassis, in order to accelerate development on next year’s bike, and also to provide our riders with a potentially better base for the current championship. Considering that Valentino still hasn’t ever ridden the GP11.1, this decision could require some races for the team to completely take advantage of its potential, but we decided to move forward with it because we believe it’s an important step for our development process. The next-generation gearbox, on the other hand, is a solution that we think will be an immediate improvement. The Ducati Corse Department will continue studying further innovations, both for this year and for 2012. At the same time, we have developed an additional step for the frame for Nicky, and he’ll receive the GP11.1 at Laguna Seca.”

Ducati Team press release

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
post #3 of 124 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

http://youtu.be/W6-Jk7H99pg?hd=1

Last edited by Moeman; 06-20-2011 at 12:23 PM.
ninja rr (06-21-2011)

post #4 of 124 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Thanks for the embed fix moe...

Looks like HA possible factory ride this weekend. Honda will stop at nothing to rack up the points this year... lol..

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Moeman (06-21-2011)
post #5 of 124 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 02:09 PM
MotoGP NEWS Guru

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Do you blame them? It seems like Dani's injury is taking longer than expected to heal. How do you have an unstable fragment from the original injury that requires another surgery? Aoyama definitely deserves the seat. He's only just behind his teammate but he's finished every race, on a lesser bike!

The new GP11.1 should be interesting. I'm interested in the DST. However, Ducati's issue isn't necessarily rear grip or corner exit. Shoot, it's the most stable bike on corner entry on the grid! Its problem is in, through and finishing the corner. DST is great, but if you're pushing through the corner because of understeer, it doesn't matter how fast you get up through the gears, the corner is done.

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)

"Itīs not easier to ride, but I donīt need something easier, I need something faster."
- Nicky Hayden #69

Next Track Days (NESBA): September 10 - Summit (Main)
The Following User Says Thank You to sooperman12 For This Useful Post:
ninja rr (06-21-2011)
post #6 of 124 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Simoncelli ready to turn the page at Assen

Tuesday, 21 June 2011

Marco Simoncelli returned home from Silverstone with his head down but determined to turn the page in the next round at Assen.

The Italian is looking to end a disastrous run of five races without a result to show for his outstanding efforts in practice, having shown podium potential only to come away virtually empty handed in each of the last five races. Assen could be the start of a new chapter for 'Super Sic' as the circuit is one of his favourites, even since its definitive modification back in 2006, before which Marco was a particular fan.

Opportunity knocks for Hiroshi Aoyama, who in the likely outcome that Dani Pedrosa is unfit to ride at Assen will contest the Dutch TT on board the Spaniard's factory Honda RC212V as part of the Repsol Honda Team. It is an arrangement that Team San Carlo Honda Gresini, who enjoy a close relationship with HRC, were more than happy to facilitate as it will no doubt be a constructive experience for Hiroshi. His place at Team San Carlo Honda Gresini will be taken by test rider HRC Kousuke Akiyoshi should this eventuality occur.

Marco Simoncelli, San Carlo Honda Gresini
“I spent two or three days with my head down after Silverstone before I started to get over the disappointment. That torrid day in England is now firmly behind me though and I’m looking forward to Assen, with the sole objective of continuing to work in exactly the same way that we have done in recent Grand Prix races, but this time following it up with a result on race day. We are on the right path and we remain confident that the results will come. I like the Assen circuit even though I have to say the old layout was more interesting. Anyway, apart from the twisty first sections it is still one of my favourite circuits, so I’m sure I can be running up front again this weekend.”

Hiroshi Aoyama, San Carlo Honda Gresini
“I will most probably be contesting the Dutch TT at Assen on board a factory RC212V as part of the Repsol Honda Team. I would like to thank Team San Carlo Honda Gresini and HRC for offering me this great opportunity.”

San Carlo Honda Gresini press release.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
post #7 of 124 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 12:07 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipDiver79 View Post
thanx flip
post #8 of 124 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 12:24 PM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
Forza Simoncelli

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #9 of 124 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 02:52 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
So, out of curiosity, if a rider switches rides mid season, do any points he earns apply to his total from his normal ride? Never really pondered this before but the Aoyama situation made me curious.

post #10 of 124 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 03:24 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by .b0link View Post
So, out of curiosity, if a rider switches rides mid season, do any points he earns apply to his total from his normal ride? Never really pondered this before but the Aoyama situation made me curious.
Rider points are points counted to the riders' championship no matter what team or bike they ride.

Team points are points counted to the team championship no matter what rider rides the bike.

Manufacturer points are points... you get the 'point'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XBrY9Xukrc

^^CBR600RR Trackday Videos - Updated 4-5-11^^**

2011 Trackday Counter: 2
Next Trackday: ?????

The Following User Says Thank You to Kurosaki For This Useful Post:
.b0link (06-21-2011)
post #11 of 124 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 03:26 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosaki View Post
Rider points are points counted to the riders' championship no matter what team or bike they ride.

Team points are points counted to the team championship no matter what rider rides the bike.

Manufacturer points are points... you get the 'point'.
'preciate the clarification!

post #12 of 124 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 09:04 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
GP11.1

Hmm.....interested to see how that one does.

Wondering how HA will do on Pedrosa's ride too. He definitely deserves the chance, hell...why not??

‎"Any man who may be asked in this century, what he did to make his life worthwhile, can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy." -JFK

----
"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

--
SuperMoto ------------------- SuperSport

Does it get any better? Probably not.
post #13 of 124 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 12:20 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooperman12 View Post
The new GP11.1 should be interesting. I'm interested in the DST. However, Ducati's issue isn't necessarily rear grip or corner exit. Shoot, it's the most stable bike on corner entry on the grid! Its problem is in, through and finishing the corner. DST is great, but if you're pushing through the corner because of understeer, it doesn't matter how fast you get up through the gears, the corner is done.
Correctly if I`m wrong but I believe your saying that corner entry is good/corner exit is good but the problem manifests itself mid corner? According to what I have read on the matter, the general consensus on the GP grid seems to be that the problem is corner ENTRY not mid corner (which is blown by then) or corner exit (which you are right the Duc had tonnes of rear grip). VR is having to slow down a lot due to under-steer and as a result he doesn't have any corner speed.

`So what is a nine-time World Champion doing so very far off the pace? Rossi knows exactly what the problem is - the Italian is struggling on corner entry, can't carry the corner speed he wants to and can't get the bike to to turn` - link
post #14 of 124 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 12:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindTheGreenDoor View Post
Correctly if I`m wrong but I believe your saying that corner entry is good/corner exit is good but the problem manifests itself mid corner? According to what I have read on the matter, the general consensus on the GP grid seems to be that the problem is corner ENTRY not mid corner (which is blown by then) or corner exit (which you are right the Duc had tonnes of rear grip).
correcting: it's mid corner and exit.
post #15 of 124 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Assen racing numbers

Wednesday, 22 June 2011
A selection of interesting facts and statistics to get you up to speed in preparation for the Iveco TT Assen this weekend.

100 – Karel Abraham is scheduled to make his 100th Grand Prix start at the Dutch TT. Abraham made his Grand Prix debut in the 125cc class at the opening race of 2005 at Jerez. After two years in the 125cc class he moved up to the 250cc class and then to the Moto2 class for 2010 and won the final race of season at Valencia. This year he is the first Czech rider to compete in the premier-class since Pavol Dekanek in 1989. He will be the third youngest rider of all-time to reach the milestone of 100 GP starts, after Jorge Lorenzo and Sandro Cortese.

81 – This is the 81st time that a Dutch TT event has been held. The first running of the Dutch TT was in 1925 and it has taken place every year since with the exception of the years 1940 to 1945 because of the Second World War. The event became part of the world championship series in 1949 and has hosted the Dutch round of the Grand Prix world championship every year since, and is the only circuit to have been part of the series since then.

34 years –On race day at Assen it will be exactly 34 years ago that Wil Hartog won the 1977 Dutch TT to become the first Dutch rider to win a world championship 500cc race.

28 – Bradley Smith finished second in the Moto2 race at Silverstone after qualifying down in 28th place on the grid. This is the lowest grid position from which a rider has had a podium finish in any class since Kazuto Sakata was 3rd in the 125cc race at the Catalan Grand Prix in 1996 from 31st place on the grid.

27 – MotoGP’s no. 27, Casey Stoner took his 27th MotoGP victory at the British Grand Prix. His next pole will be his 27th pole position in MotoGP.

25 – Jorge Lorenzo’s crash at Silverstone terminated a sequence of 25 successive top four finishes that started at the Malaysian Grand Prix in 2009.
24 – Moto2 rider Claudio Corti will celebrate his 24th birthday on race day at the Dutch TT.

23 – British Moto2 rider Kev Coghlan will celebrate his 23rd birthday on the first day of practice for the Dutch TT.

17 years 303 days – At the British Grand Prix, Jonas Folger became the youngest ever German rider to win a Grand Prix, at the age of 17 years and 303 days. Folger takes this record from current Moto2 championship leader Stefan Bradl, who was 18 years and 262 days old when he won his first Grand Prix at Brno in 2008.

14 – Nico Terol’s eighth place finish at Silverstone ended his record equaling sequence of fourteen successive podium finishes in the 125cc class.

9 – Valentino Rossi has gone nine MotoGP races without a win, which is his longest barren spell since moving up to the premier-class at the start of 2000.

5 – Yamaha are the most successful manufacturer at the Dutch TT since the start of the four-stroke MotoGP formula, with five victories. Honda have had three MotoGP wins at the Dutch TT, the last one being in 2006. Ducati’s single MotoGP win at Assen was three years ago.

4 – All four British riders who started the 125cc race at Silverstone scored world championship points. The last time that Britain had four or more riders finish in the top fifteen in a 125cc GP race, was when the British round of the world championship was held over the Isle of Man TT course in 1973.

3 – Honda riders have had just three podium finishes at Assen since the introduction of the 800cc capacity limit to MotoGP; Nicky Hayden was 3rd in 2007, Dani Pedrosa 2nd in both 2008 and 2010.

2 – With Stefan Bradl winning in Moto2 and Jonas Folger winning the 125cc race, Germany had two winners in the solo classes at a Grand Prix event for the first time since the German Grand Prix in 1991 when Ralf Waldmann won the 125cc race and Stefan’s father Helmut won the 250cc race.

2 – At Silverstone, Bradley Smith finished 2nd in the Moto2 race and Scott Redding was 5th. This is the first time that two British riders have finished in the top five in an intermediate-class Grand Prix since the German GP at the Sachsenring in 1998 when Jeremy McWilliams was 2nd and Jason Vincent finished 5th.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
post #16 of 124 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 03:15 PM
B3N
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by @calcrutchlow
Twitter @calcrutchlow

"I have been passed fit to ride this weekend @ Assen after operation 1 week ago,plate & 7screws for broken collarbone.I can only try my best…...

3 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone"
Cal's been cleared. Pretty great he can come back after 1 week after Edwards did the same thing last weekend and took a podium!

`
post #17 of 124 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Just watched the Assen press conf. CE is freakin hilarious...

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
post #18 of 124 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 05:59 PM
World Superbike Racer

Casey and Colin both had me rolling.

Also, you should credit/cite your source/website up there when you post ^

post #19 of 124 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 08:03 PM
B3N
Knee Dragger

Quote:
I follow Cal on twitter so it's strait from him. I integrated "@calcrutchlow" into the quote box. Looks fine on the computer but I now realize you can't see this when using the app on your phone so I'll fix it. My bad.

`
post #20 of 124 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 08:08 PM
World Superbike Racer

Not you. flipdriver.

post #21 of 124 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 08:09 PM
B3N
Knee Dragger

I'm a noob. My bad.

`
post #22 of 124 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 08:11 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja rr View Post
correcting: it's mid corner and exit.
Why do you think its mid corner and exit? Most sources I have, read including quotes from VR, bemoan the Ducs corner entry?
post #23 of 124 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
thought i did... oh well..

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
post #24 of 124 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 08:22 PM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
thought i did... oh well..
The articles you pulled from motogp dot com?

I'm just saying if you copy and paste stuff rom websites, you should post the link as well.

post #25 of 124 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 08:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindTheGreenDoor View Post
Why do you think its mid corner and exit? Most sources I have, read including quotes from VR, bemoan the Ducs corner entry?
because i own and ride one. i have also read a lot about it
post #26 of 124 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Already allegations of cheating by Ducati. Cant wait for FP1.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
post #27 of 124 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 12:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Already allegations of cheating by Ducati. Cant wait for FP1.

haha figures
post #28 of 124 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 12:23 AM
gee
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD crew off their meds!!

hahaha , yip I love the assen track, was better in the old days when the 125, 250 , and 500s all lapped at about the same pace, like a gokart track!

IGOT new stuff ...disco helped me good!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gee View Post
Yes, I agree 100%, Canon Cameras SUCK! .
post #29 of 124 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 12:26 AM
gee
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD crew off their meds!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moeman View Post
Forza Simoncelli
hahah he will he does not know any other way!!

he just has too learn to ride at 100%, not 101%!!

IGOT new stuff ...disco helped me good!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gee View Post
Yes, I agree 100%, Canon Cameras SUCK! .
post #30 of 124 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 12:33 AM
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*

Thanked 1,191 Times in 901 Posts
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja rr View Post
because i own and ride one. i have also read a lot about it

The Following User Says Thank You to sincalirider For This Useful Post:
ninja rr (06-23-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page