Official Brno Test- Times so far. - 600RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 08:54 AM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Official Brno Test- Times so far.

Lookin like Ben wasted no time warming back up to the Litre. I know its WAAAY early in the game but lets hope this is a VERY positive sign for next year.

Meanwhile, now we can see how the Duc GP12 is fairing against everyone else. Doesnt look good lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	185207_256491824374618_111491158874686_947542_1835260_n.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	22024  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 09:02 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I'm scared of Yamaha. I'm sure they're gonna be even harder competition next year.

Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Just to correct myself, after reading the Motogp website, it appears both Rossi and Hayden were on the GP11.1s.

Lorenzos fastest time was actually on the 800cc (he has two times on there)

And Spies fastest was on the 1k 9/10s faster than his time on the 800cc.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 01:46 PM
BOTM Winner 8/12 / Super Moderator

Thanked 1,043 Times in 921 Posts
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

"The riders spent some time testing updates to the 2011 YZR-M1, including engine and electronics upgrades and different chassis and fairing parts. Having completed this they were then both given the opportunity to take their first ride on the prototype 2012 1000cc race bike.

Spies and Lorenzo were very quickly up to an impressive pace on the new bike, Spies wrapping up with a fastest lap time of 1’56.306 on the 1000cc bike as the third fastest rider of the day. Team mate Lorenzo clearly enjoyed his time aboard the new machine, clocking an impressive lap time of 1’56.253 to finish as the second fastest rider of the day.

Reigning World Champion Lorenzo completed an impressive 58 laps on the 800cc YZR-M1 before switching to add another 28 laps on the 2012 1000cc bike. Team mate Spies completed all testing in the morning session, giving his trapped nerve issue from the weekend a chance to rest. He completed 15 laps on the 800cc YZR-M1 and 14 laps on the 2012 1000cc prototype.

Jorge Lorenzo: 2nd Time: 1'56.253 Laps: 86
"Today has been an exciting and busy day because it has been the first day riding the 1000cc bike, but also because we have made a small step with the engine upgrades for the 800cc bike. We rode many laps non-stop from nine this morning to five this afternoon! I realized the 1000cc bike was incredible when I saw the power on the straight. I like this bike a lot and I wanted to have more laps but I have to still think about this season! I have been just one hour with our future bike! I can say that the next MotoGP season will be amazing, much more power, you go out of the corners sliding; I can’t wait!"

Ben Spies: 3rd Time: 1'56.306 Laps: 39
“The 800cc upgrades we tested this morning were positive, hopefully there’s more in that direction in the future as well. With the 1000cc bike it was a pretty successful first day. We didn’t change much on it, pretty much just rolled out and did some laps to get as much data as possible. We made some small changes to see how differently it affected the bike compared to the 800.There’s more improvements to be made for sure but for the first day to go faster than the 800 was a surprise. My arm is feeling better and better, I’m getting a check up when I fly home to the US on Wednesday but should be fit and ready for Indianapolis.”

The Following User Says Thank You to .b0link For This Useful Post:
makct04 (08-16-2011)
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

"Yamaha debuted their developing 2012 prototype on track at Brno on Monday and Honda continued the evolution of their 1000cc machine, as the premier class remained for an extra day at the Czech Republic track for an official MotoGP Test.

With the weather allowing a full day of riding Yamaha Factory Racing riders Jorge Lorenzo and Ben Spies had their first shakedown of the 2012 prototype, with Lorenzo second on the timesheet with a best time of 1’56.253 from 28 laps on the evolving bike. His team-mate Ben Spies also enjoyed riding the new machine, setting a best effort of 1’56.306 from 24 laps which placed him third fastest, and the American ended his day early at the midway break. Both riders also rode their 800cc M1 machines, in which they tested new engine parts, a new fairing and chassis components.

In the Repsol Honda garage Dani Pedrosa was another rider who had a first taste of what the 1000cc capacity machines will offer next year, as the Spaniard rode the 2012 bike for the first time. He ran two 2012 machines with differing set-ups, registering a best time of 1’56.264 from 37 laps as part of a methodical workload. His team-mate and current Championship leader Casey Stoner also rode Honda’s 2012 spec bike – his second outing after riding at Jerez back in May – and was quickest around the Brno circuit with a time of 1’56.168 as he enjoyed the benefits of an updated chassis.

Valentino Rossi worked through a heavy schedule with his Ducati Team on the Desmosedici GP11.1, the bike he is riding this season, putting in 74 laps and posting a best effort of 1’58.266. The Italian tried a range of set-ups, focusing primarily on riding positions and bike height. Team-mate Nicky Hayden rode an initial early-morning run on the GP11 before focusing on the GP11.1 for the rest of the day, and the American was pleased with his progress as he lapped at 1’57.533.

The Marc VDS team were also present as they continued testing the Suter 2012 prototype. Mika Kallio got his lap time down to a 2’00.144 in a highly productive day, as he made big steps in the development of the bike – his fourth Test on it.

Elsewhere, Monster Yamaha Tech 3 riders Colin Edwards and Cal Crutchlow were both present, the American testing Bridgestone tyres and a Yamaha electronics package and the Brit a revised setting similar to the one he rode earlier in the season on their respective 2011 M1 bikes. Toni Elías (LCR Honda) and Loris Capirossi (Pramac Racing) were also both at the Test, as each rider looked to improve on what they had found during the GP weekend."

The Following User Says Thank You to .b0link For This Useful Post:
makct04 (08-16-2011)
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 05:48 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i hope ben kicks some ass. i know its been 2 years since he raced 1000cc but motogp guys havent raced a 1000 since 07!!
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 03:20 AM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Well it looks promising. I mean he only did like 39 laps on it, and posted within 2 tenths of Stoner who has had I (believe) three outings on his 2012 machine.

I am already dreading offseason. Just two weeks between races is killing me!

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 03:36 AM
Too short to drag knee.

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I hope Nicky does better next year as well.

LRRS/CCS AM #521

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 04:26 AM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by makct04 View Post
I hope Nicky does better next year as well.

Nicky needs to get off of Ducati ASAP. Its damn near ruined him. It hurts seeing someone you know is a talented rider handicapped by his machine.

Also Im sick of seeing him play nice with Rossi. He needs to man up and not be giving Rossi positions. Rossi would wreck Nicky out and not think twice about it.

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 11:10 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by .b0link View Post
Also Im sick of seeing him play nice with Rossi. He needs to man up and not be giving Rossi positions. Rossi would wreck Nicky out and not think twice about it.
I am not a "Nicky FAN" per-say but +1 on all of the above.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 03:56 PM
MotoGP NEWS Guru

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
First, the Ducati on the timing sheet was the 800s vs. the liters. Nicky was consistently in the 1'57s, about two-tenths slower than Spies on the 800. The 11.1 isn't so bad and hopefully, Nicky will be a little more comfortable on it by the time Indy rolls around.

As for the liter Duc, if the rumors of a delta-box aluminum frame or revisit of the trellis are true, then we may be pleasantly surprised by the Ducati's performance, coupled with the new construction front tire from Bridgestone which is supposed to offer more flex. Dani Pedrosa was right in saying that we [Honda] has to be careful that they don't tune the chassis too finely to the 2011 tires, considering the tire construction will change radically for 2012 (although, we may see an early introduction late in the season).

I think next year, the racing will be better all around, particularly because the riders have been petitioning for B'stone to release the kind of tire that has better warm-up characteristics, as well as, better early performance, even if that means the tires taper off in "stick" as the race goes on. That's one of the things that I personally miss from the races is the question mark of tire wear. It's great to see bikes go out 100% from the go and seeing riders have to deal with tire wear at the end of the race.

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)

"Itīs not easier to ride, but I donīt need something easier, I need something faster."
- Nicky Hayden #69

Next Track Days (NESBA): September 10 - Summit (Main)
Old 08-16-2011, 03:56 PM
sooperman12
This message has been deleted by sooperman12.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Yeah go ahead and re read my third post and see what I wrote........

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 09:30 AM
Too short to drag knee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .b0link View Post
Nicky needs to get off of Ducati ASAP. Its damn near ruined him. It hurts seeing someone you know is a talented rider handicapped by his machine.

There is no place currently for him on a factory ride for next year. Yamaha and Honda are going to be set. Unless he follows in his brother's footsteps and rides Suzuki or some other manufacture takes him next year before his contract's up.

EDIT - I would love to see Nicky stuff Rossi in the last turn of a race for a podium finish, but he rides too safe to do that.

LRRS/CCS AM #521

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by makct04 View Post
There is no place currently for him on a factory ride for next year. Yamaha and Honda are going to be set. Unless he follows in his brother's footsteps and rides Suzuki or some other manufacture takes him next year before his contract's up.

EDIT - I would love to see Nicky stuff Rossi in the last turn of a race for a podium finish, but he rides too safe to do that.
At this point anything other than a ducati would be better for him. Satelite hondas and yamahas consistently place before Ducati (Ok maybe not honda so much unless you count Marco as a satellite). Not to mention Rizla Suzuki has been taking them now that AB has recovered from his accident and gets more familiar with the bike.

IMO Nicky could probably take the Suzuki well into the top 5 if not onto the podium.

Think about it. Mr 9 times champion VR is getting out ridden by AB on a Suzuki.

I'm sure money plays a huge part in it as well, I mean you gotta get paid and obviously you will ride out where the money is as long as possible. Lets just hope that Ducati gets their **** straight and scraps the CF frame trickery and heeds to VR's inputs. If he rides it out long enough maybe he can hang on to see the Ducati's comeback.

But at this point, the results don't lie. Ducati consistently separates the factory bikes from satellites (sometimes with the Tech 3 Rides in front of them) with Ducati's satellites bringing up the rear (Minus Elias).

Edit: And ditto for NH stuffing it to VR.

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-20-2011, 02:18 PM
Too short to drag knee.

I'm sure Nicky would easily be able to put up a top 5 finish at just about every course on the Suzuki, hell even Hopper managed to do well on the Suzuki after not riding a GP bike for a while.

LRRS/CCS AM #521

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page