Dovizioso signs to Tech3 for 2012 - 600RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 03:58 AM Thread Starter
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*

Thanked 1,191 Times in 901 Posts
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Dovizioso signs to Tech3 for 2012

Well who among us didn't see this coming? Repsol obviously didn't want to front 3 riders and Dovi was treated more like the red headed step child,

http://www.motogpdotcom/en/news/2011...+deal+for+2012

Due to m o t o g p .com being censored here you have to edit the link I posted for the story.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 04:03 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincalirider View Post
Well who among us didn't see this coming? Repsol obviously didn't want to front 3 riders and Dovi was treated more like the red headed step child,

http://www.motogpdotcom/en/news/2011...+deal+for+2012

Due to m o t o g p .com being censored here you have to edit the link I posted for the story.
I kinda figured the way Honda was working with him you figure they gotta make room for super sic instead a consistent front runner well hopefully yamaha treats him better.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

you can't buy happiness but having a racebike is close enough!!!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 04:06 AM Thread Starter
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackfreak;[URL="tel:3257519"
3257519[/URL]]I kinda figured the way Honda was working with him you figure they gotta make room for super sic instead a consistent front runner well hopefully yamaha treats him better.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
Right? The guy is 3rd in the standings but they never give him credit. I guess with Honda, old habits die hard.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 07:25 AM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
Honda got no loyalty what so ever even to RR addicts like us what does the 2012 RR look like you all know the answer but in case you missed it

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 03:39 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The number of quality riders who's contracts expire at the end of 2012 should provide an interesting silly season next year

Lorenzo/Spies
Casey/Pedrosa
Rossi/Hayden
Simo
Dovi
Marc Marques (should be either stepping up that year or available to the full factory Honda team if he steps up this year)
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 04:21 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Dovi turned down a factory ride even though it was with Dovi is hoping to make it to the Yamaha factory team... in order for that to happen Spies or Lorenzo need to go.

Will Yamaha screw one of them to make room for Dovi?

Maybe he is thinking that the first year of the 1000s the satellite bikes and factory bikes will be closer in performance than normal.

Thoughts?
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 05:27 PM
BOTM Winner 8/12 / Super Moderator

Thanked 1,043 Times in 921 Posts
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
interesting, with CE leaving (retiring?) its an easy fit for Dovi to team up with Carl. Should be good http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motogp/15240191.stm
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 05:29 PM
BOTM Winner 8/12 / Super Moderator

Thanked 1,043 Times in 921 Posts
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 01:50 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFAmazon35 View Post
Dovi turned down a factory ride even though it was with Dovi is hoping to make it to the Yamaha factory team... in order for that to happen Spies or Lorenzo need to go.

Will Yamaha screw one of them to make room for Dovi?

Maybe he is thinking that the first year of the 1000s the satellite bikes and factory bikes will be closer in performance than normal.

Thoughts?
Who knows what the future holds, but at the start of the season all manufacture bikes should be close to factory performance (minus gear boxes if your riding a Honda)

What we do know is that Honda has a full pen of riders (Casey/Dani/Simo) and some in the pipeline (Marc) so getting back on the full factory team was going to be near impossible for Dovi. So why not take a risk? If he once again out performs Spies next year perhaps he could get that factory seat OR maybe get a 100% factory bike on Tech3? Prior to VR leaving Yam had mentioned that they were fully capable of offering Spies a full factory bike on the Tech3 team if they kept VR and JL on their factory teams.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 06:52 AM Thread Starter
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindTheGreenDoor;[URL="tel:3258809"
3258809[/URL]]Who knows what the future holds, but at the start of the season all manufacture bikes should be close to factory performance (minus gear boxes if your riding a Honda)

What we do know is that Honda has a full pen of riders (Casey/Dani/Simo) and some in the pipeline (Marc) so getting back on the full factory team was going to be near impossible for Dovi. So why not take a risk? If he once again out performs Spies next year perhaps he could get that factory seat OR maybe get a 100% factory bike on Tech3? Prior to VR leaving Yam had mentioned that they were fully capable of offering Spies a full factory bike on the Tech3 team if they kept VR and JL on their factory teams.
I'm intrigued even more by this due to Bradly Smith having a guaranteed seat on Tech3 for 2013. Some one is going to have to move so it's going to be a put up or get out sort of situation at Yamaha next year.

Marquez catches my attention too, he rides similar to Casey at times, well the old Casey. It works for him on the Moto2 bike but we all know the Premier class is a totally different machine. I wonder how well he can adapt seeing as the field is so different from paddock to paddock compared to Moto2?

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 07:27 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Good for him. I like him, I wish him well with Tech3 next season. Lots of fun stuff gonna happen between now and then tho.

Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 11:47 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincalirider View Post
I'm intrigued even more by this due to Bradly Smith having a guaranteed seat on Tech3 for 2013. Some one is going to have to move so it's going to be a put up or get out sort of situation at Yamaha next year.
I think Dovi can have a bad year next year and Tech3 would retain him because he has proven pedigree. If Carl Crutchlow has a similar season to this year or only marginal improvement 2013 Bradly gets his seat.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 12:07 PM
MotoGP NEWS Guru

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I agree that Crutchlow needs to make a marked improvement in the 1000cc era, otherwise he might be gone. Tech3 has picked up a proven racer in Dovizioso that they haven't had since Spies. No short on Colin, but Colin has passed his prime and is going to a CRT team. The move by Honda isn't surprising for one, they've not been uber-loyal, particularly to non-Spanish riders being a Repsol sponsored team. Hayden wasn't having a bad year in 2008, especially after dogging Honda to bring the pneumatic valve motor. Remember that Phillip Island race where he was right on Stoner's tail until the mechanical issue? But while this screams of disloyalty, like Hayden, is there an upside? Dovi and Hayden weren't going to be regular winners for Honda. Stoner is obviously the winner of the team. Dani may be able to steal a couple here or there when Stoner has an issue. And Simo has upside. He's fast, but seriously inconsistent. Stoner was the same in 2006. Honda wants a tall, lanky Italian hard-nosed racer on the team. Putting him on a Gresini is like having him on the practice squad -- can always be called up if need be.

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)

"Itīs not easier to ride, but I donīt need something easier, I need something faster."
- Nicky Hayden #69

Next Track Days (NESBA): September 10 - Summit (Main)
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-17-2011, 12:21 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Man I feel terrible for Dovi. He's a great rider. Top 5 racer. Just too bad
Honda doesn't appreciate his work as much as he deserved. I'm glad he has a spot to go now.

I agreed with Moe. Honda is a bit cocky and overconfident with their product. Don't get me wrong, I lovely 600rr but if they don't change or keep up with the competitors, I might have a change of heart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page