Rossi splits with Burgess :( & hires Silvano Galbusera (BMW Crew Chief ) - 600RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Rossi splits with Burgess :( & hires Silvano Galbusera (BMW Crew Chief )

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2013/...ssiburgess.htm

Kinda sad, but change can be good. Hopefully he gets back to winning form which will be super hard considering MM, JL and DP are on another level.

Nine time world champion Valentino Rossi confirmed today that the 2013 Valencia MotoGP race will be the final race for he and crewchief Jeremy Burgess.

Rossi called Burgess more than a friend, more than a crewchief, saying the Australian is "the father of my racing" but said he decided to make the change.

"Next year I need a new motivation and a new boost so I decide this will be the last race for me and Jeremy," Rossi said.

Rossi said it was a difficult decision. The pair have been teamed since Rossi began his career on an NSR500, After much success they famously left Honda together for Yamaha in 2004 where against nearly all odds they won Yamaha the MotoGP title.

Last edited by JTRC51; 11-07-2013 at 02:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-09-2013, 02:48 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
It sucks to see Burgess go; I don't like making judgments because as outsiders we have no idea what is happening behind closed doors, but I hope both will find success in the future.

2011 CBR600RR 'X-Ray' Build Thread
https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=294795

Co-President of Team46

"My bike is too fast for the track" Ubercool ZX-14R rider.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-09-2013, 05:27 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
It is sad and not pretty how he did it. I'm a long time VR fan but I'll put good money in a year's time he'll know the problem was they guy in the mirror.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-09-2013, 05:37 PM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PdubRR View Post
It is sad and not pretty how he did it. I'm a long time VR fan but I'll put good money in a year's time he'll know the problem was they guy in the mirror.
I agree with you I believe Rossi's approach is coming from a man that wants to know the deciding factor (Crew chief / rider ) so he eliminates the crew chef factor by saying to JB and get with a new crew chief and try the process for a year if that does get him or not get him on the podium then he got his answer for sure

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-10-2013, 02:20 AM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PdubRR View Post
Yeah, I was upset when I read he was 'blind-sided', Rossi could have handled it differently. But why at Valencia before the race? I just don't get it, it seems like someting is missing from the picture....

Co-President of Team46

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-10-2013, 02:50 AM
Moto GP Racer

An interesting article originally from motomatters.com which sheds some light on the details: http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/moto...yamaha-racing/

Co-President of Team46

The Following User Says Thank You to Rad Rage For This Useful Post:
Moeman (11-10-2013)
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-10-2013, 02:53 AM
BOTY 2014 Winner

Thanked 1,044 Times in 850 Posts
Garage
Its not the crew or the bike. Rossi simply can't keep up anymore. It'll be sad to see him fade away instead of making a grand exit.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-10-2013, 10:28 AM
Back in the Day

Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 01:14 PM
Back in the Day

Silvano Galbusera becomes Rossi's Crew Chief

Yamaha Factory Racing can confirm that Silvano Galbusera will join the team from today in the position of Crew Chief for rider Valentino Rossi for the 2014 MotoGP™ season.

The appointment follows the announcement that Jeremy Burgess would no longer continue with team following the Valencia Grand Prix weekend.

Silvano began his career in motorcycle racing in 1979 with Gilera, spending 14 years working on both road racing in the 250 World Championship with riders such as Alessandro Gramigni and Paolo Casoli and also worked off road on African Rallies such as the Paris-Dakar with Michele Rinaldi. He then moved to Cagiva in 1994 and worked in the 500 World Championship with John Kocinski.

The following year saw Silvano arrive in the Yamaha family where he remained until 2011. During his time there he worked as both a Crew Chief and Technical Director in World Superbike and World Supersport, guiding riders including Troy Corser, Noriyuki Haga, Cal Crutchlow and Ben Spies to multiple race wins and of course the 2009 World Superbike Championship title. For 2012 and 2013 Silvano worked with Italian Marco Melandri in BMW’s World Superbike team.

Massimo Meregalli - Team Director
"It’s nice to welcome Silvano back to the Yamaha family. Having worked with him personally for ten years I have the utmost respect for his skill and technical expertise. For sure he will need some time to adjust to MotoGP™ but I have no doubt that he has the capability to successfully lead Valentino’s crew into and through the 2014 season. It has been a pleasure to work with Jeremy over this last season. On behalf of Yamaha I would like to say we are indebted to him for the huge number of successes and invaluable knowledge he has contributed to Yamaha."

Silvano Galbusera - Valentino Rossi's Crew Chief
"I’d like to thank Yamaha and Valentino for this great opportunity to work close to such a multi titled, high level champion. I’m happy to be back in the Yamaha family and to have an opportunity in such a successful team that is always at the top."

Last edited by Moeman; 11-11-2013 at 01:17 PM.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 04:19 AM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wibbly View Post
Its not the crew or the bike. Rossi simply can't keep up anymore. It'll be sad to see him fade away instead of making a grand exit.
After doing some reading on the matter, it seems JB had little faith left in Rossi's ability. Now assuming Rossi doesn't really have what it takes any longer, that still is enough of a justification if I was in Rossi's shoes to let him go. If your crew cheif doesn't believe in you, and you still believe in yourself, then all he is going to do is hinder you.

Co-President of Team46

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 04:21 AM
Moto GP Racer

On another note, I was laughing my head off hard after reading some of the comments on Crash.net about Galbusera being Bradley Smith's grandad and that Yamaha let him leave the nursing home early to be at the test. In all seriousness no one can say anything until the 2014 season is over.

Co-President of Team46

Last edited by Rad Rage; 11-12-2013 at 04:30 AM.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 01:18 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
So he drops Jeremy Burgess, the winningest motoGP crew chief to hire Louis C.K.?

Only time will tell if this will help get him back on top.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 01:42 PM
Back in the Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry-nyc View Post
So he drops Jeremy Burgess, the winningest motoGP crew chief to hire Louis C.K.?

Only time will tell if this will help get him back on top.
He simply came to the conclusion it's not the bike cause the next door rider has no problems then it's either the Crew Chief or him , since he can not take himself out of such equation yet ( does not want to retire yet ) so he takes out the crew chief bring a new one and will see what happens in this coming racing season if that dies not improve the situation then he might as well hang up his leathers

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page