Supercross d!ck move? - 600RR.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer
 
DoomCue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,232
Thanks: 42
Thanked 172 Times in 149 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Supercross d!ck move?

Riders Discount posted this on their FB page.


Looks to me like it was intentional, but I don't watch dirt racing.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
DoomCue is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 06:39 PM
Moto GP Racer
 
CepheiA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: RUSerious?602
Posts: 3,932
Thanks: 29
Thanked 525 Times in 382 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mike Alessi Fined $4000 and Probation for Take-Out on Broc Tickle

http://www.motoxaddicts.com/2014/02/...n-broc-tickle/

2006 HONDA CBR600RR: SOLD JUN'13

FLUTTERSHY
600rr.net Crash Stats: Will You Crash?

CepheiA is offline  
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 06:49 PM
Moto GP Racer
 
dmc41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Southeastern, Ohio
Posts: 3,325
Thanks: 242
Thanked 336 Times in 303 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
That was some crazy racing.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldn View Post
I'm glad lines have been identified...even if it is all the way at bukake....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge_Jumper View Post
no he's not... I can already tell he's a soulless little fawker who is going to destroy everything you love


My long not exciting build, but I have hyperflo's
dmc41 is offline  
 
post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 06:51 PM
World Superbike Racer
 
Austicus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SL,UT
Posts: 2,005
Images: 1
Thanks: 841
Thanked 571 Times in 371 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
**** move for sure.

Austicus is offline  
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 07:17 PM
Moto GP Racer
 
TheX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Austin Texas
Posts: 14,338
Images: 2
Thanks: 129
Thanked 2,462 Times in 1,717 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Rubbing is racing, but...
TheX is offline  
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 07:37 PM
BOTM Winner 03/14
 
D1stylz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Irishman in Long Island, NY.
Posts: 2,497
Thanks: 224
Thanked 403 Times in 362 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Some people just cant stand being beat. cheap shot for sure.


My simple build.


RIP SpdyG_AK 22 June 2014
D1stylz is offline  
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 07:39 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Moto_Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: California
Posts: 513
Thanks: 12
Thanked 65 Times in 51 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
In motocross we expect contact while passing in turns. But dumping your clutch into the side of someone is just stupid. It's Alessi though it's no surprise. His dad and brother already got in trouble last year. His brother who used to race at the pro level is now permanently banned from the tracks.


Heres one of his fans.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Last edited by Moto_Junkie; 02-24-2014 at 07:43 PM.
Moto_Junkie is offline  
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 07:43 PM
BOTM Winner 03/14
 
D1stylz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Irishman in Long Island, NY.
Posts: 2,497
Thanks: 224
Thanked 403 Times in 362 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Junkie View Post
In motocross we expect contact while passing in turns. But dumping your clutch into the side of someone is just stupid. It's Alessi though it's no surprise. His dad and brother already got in trouble last year. His brother who used to race at the pro level is now permanently banned from the tracks.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
What happened that the brother got banned?


My simple build.


RIP SpdyG_AK 22 June 2014
D1stylz is offline  
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 07:52 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Moto_Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: California
Posts: 513
Thanks: 12
Thanked 65 Times in 51 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Watch the start of this race. Jeff Alessi got busted shining a laser pointer into the eyes of Ryan Villopoto. He was using his dads credentials to get around the race.

Moto_Junkie is offline  
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer
 
DoomCue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,232
Thanks: 42
Thanked 172 Times in 149 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by D1stylz View Post
What happened that the brother got banned?
The link CepheiA posted contains a link to the incident: http://www.motoxaddicts.com/2013/07/...essis-and-mcr/

Cliff's Notes: the brother was shining a green laser into the eyes of competitors at the starting line, acted like a douche, and got banned and fined.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
DoomCue is offline  
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 08:03 PM
BOTM Winner 03/14
 
D1stylz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Irishman in Long Island, NY.
Posts: 2,497
Thanks: 224
Thanked 403 Times in 362 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What a d**k.


My simple build.


RIP SpdyG_AK 22 June 2014
D1stylz is offline  
post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 08:36 PM
173
Knee Dragger
 
173's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 206
Thanks: 9
Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hahaha of course. No one has ever liked the Alessis. Even since their minicycle days. I remember when they both stepped up to the Pro's and Mike went straight into the 450 class and his dad and their crew had "Believe the Hype" shirts and posters and stuff. He got shut down SO hard. It was a great moment. I also seem to remember way back in the day somebody fighting Mike either during or after a supercross race in the pits. I think it was Josh Hansen? Maybe Josh Grant, I dont remember all the details. But either way the Alessis are just assholes.
173 is offline  
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 10:08 PM
fast03600rr
 
Slowbagger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 9,995
Thanks: 89
Thanked 51 Times in 33 Posts
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Was completely a douchebag move. Dude didn't even have an excuse for why it happened. He's supposed to be on pulpmx sometime soon so maybe he'll have some kind of bs explanation or an apology.

Phatstud

07 Dyna
07 Bagger

07 RMZ 250

Slowbagger is offline  
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 11:02 PM
Maynard
 
JohnDoubleR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: CO
Posts: 7,033
Thanks: 1,162
Thanked 903 Times in 798 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
He locked onto him like a missile and took him out.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

2W1R

2012 M1100 EVO
JohnDoubleR is offline  
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 08:02 AM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Schomberg
Posts: 1,102
Thanks: 48
Thanked 48 Times in 46 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any other person and we're not talking about a suspension and fine. I have more respect for Mike than his ******* dad or goof brother.

It didn't help that broc is RC's rider and all the fans got Ricky and Jeff making it sound like they ruined brocs chance at a title. When in reality tickle is lucky to be in the top ten week in and out. This was a heat race. Brock still qualified for the main. And still finished like 7th one spot behind Alessi.

But that move was just as reckless as Chad Reed on js7 in atl a couple years back. That move cost James a win and screwed up his position in the points. No penalty.

Last edited by adamcbr4lyfe; 02-25-2014 at 11:09 AM.
adamcbr4lyfe is offline  
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 11:44 AM
BOTM Winner 05/15
 
cbr6racr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brighton, MI
Posts: 9,996
Thanks: 514
Thanked 830 Times in 703 Posts
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcbr4lyfe View Post
Any other person and we're not talking about a suspension and fine. I have more respect for Mike than his ******* dad or goof brother.

It didn't help that broc is RC's rider and all the fans got Ricky and Jeff making it sound like they ruined brocs chance at a title. When in reality tickle is lucky to be in the top ten week in and out. This was a heat race. Brock still qualified for the main. And still finished like 7th one spot behind Alessi.

But that move was just as reckless as Chad Reed on js7 in atl a couple years back. That move cost James a win and screwed up his position in the points. No penalty.

If you're talking about the last lap in 2011, sorry, but that didn't warrant any sort of penalty. Was it a hard block pass, most definitely. Was it CR intentionally trying to take JS out by ramming into him, definitely not. Apples and oranges, IMO. One was a racing incident, one was a malicious act to take out an opponent. CR shut the door on JS, plain and simple.

-Chad

"Logically, any motorcyclist can do 60* of lean. The trick is coming back up again." - Neal Spalding
cbr6racr is offline  
post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 01:00 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Moto_Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: California
Posts: 513
Thanks: 12
Thanked 65 Times in 51 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr6racr View Post
If you're talking about the last lap in 2011, sorry, but that didn't warrant any sort of penalty. Was it a hard block pass, most definitely. Was it CR intentionally trying to take JS out by ramming into him, definitely not. Apples and oranges, IMO. One was a racing incident, one was a malicious act to take out an opponent. CR shut the door on JS, plain and simple.
I agree. Completely different. You can watch Alessi dump the clutch on purpose into the side of him. Then gives some BS about he came into the turn too tight. As for Tickle lucky to be in the top 10, Alessi is no different. Still shouldn't happen.
Moto_Junkie is offline  
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 03:14 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Schomberg
Posts: 1,102
Thanks: 48
Thanked 48 Times in 46 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr6racr View Post
If you're talking about the last lap in 2011, sorry, but that didn't warrant any sort of penalty. Was it a hard block pass, most definitely. Was it CR intentionally trying to take JS out by ramming into him, definitely not. Apples and oranges, IMO. One was a racing incident, one was a malicious act to take out an opponent. CR shut the door on JS, plain and simple.
Yeah tell the Stewart camp that. If Reed had the block pass he wouldn't have gone into Stewart's side. A block pass the rider usually has space to check up. Ama is just kissing carmicheals ass. Alessi is an easy target. Like to see them show some balls and do that barcia for his dangerous move week prior over the triple almost taking out roczen. Can't go after a Honda rider though. Two sets of rules I guess.
adamcbr4lyfe is offline  
post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 03:22 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Schomberg
Posts: 1,102
Thanks: 48
Thanked 48 Times in 46 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Junkie View Post
I agree. Completely different. You can watch Alessi dump the clutch on purpose into the side of him. Then gives some BS about he came into the turn too tight. As for Tickle lucky to be in the top 10, Alessi is no different. Still shouldn't happen.
I wouldn't say he was lucky to break the top ten. The crash happened in the first heat race. Than tickle raced the semis and qualified. Both sat thru lcq's and 250main. Lots of time to get over the incident.
adamcbr4lyfe is offline  
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 05:40 PM
BOTM Winner 05/15
 
cbr6racr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brighton, MI
Posts: 9,996
Thanks: 514
Thanked 830 Times in 703 Posts
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcbr4lyfe View Post
Yeah tell the Stewart camp that. If Reed had the block pass he wouldn't have gone into Stewart's side. A block pass the rider usually has space to check up. Ama is just kissing carmicheals ass. Alessi is an easy target. Like to see them show some balls and do that barcia for his dangerous move week prior over the triple almost taking out roczen. Can't go after a Honda rider though. Two sets of rules I guess.
I would tell Stewart's camp he shouldn't have left the door open, and it wouldn't have been shut in his face. I've raced a lot of MX, and been on both sides of block passes. You get punted over the bales on the last lap because you don't protect the line, that's on you.

And how are you going to penalize Barcia? Was his move the smartest, no, but no contact was made.

-Chad

"Logically, any motorcyclist can do 60* of lean. The trick is coming back up again." - Neal Spalding
cbr6racr is offline  
post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 06:01 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Schomberg
Posts: 1,102
Thanks: 48
Thanked 48 Times in 46 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr6racr View Post
I would tell Stewart's camp he shouldn't have left the door open, and it wouldn't have been shut in his face. I've raced a lot of MX, and been on both sides of block passes. You get punted over the bales on the last lap because you don't protect the line, that's on you.

And how are you going to penalize Barcia? Was his move the smartest, no, but no contact was made.
Chad Reed had no hope of completing that pass without both ending up in the dirt. His entry was at the end of the turn. Both crashed because of Reeds late pass attempt. Reeds fault 100%

You could say the same thing with broc. Don't leave the door open and you won't end up in the bales.
adamcbr4lyfe is offline  
post #22 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 06:11 PM
BOTM Winner 05/15
 
cbr6racr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brighton, MI
Posts: 9,996
Thanks: 514
Thanked 830 Times in 703 Posts
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Reed didn't intentionally dump his clutch and center punch Stewart. Alessi did.....

Apples and oranges...

-Chad

"Logically, any motorcyclist can do 60* of lean. The trick is coming back up again." - Neal Spalding
cbr6racr is offline  
post #23 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 06:13 PM
BOTM Winner 05/15
 
cbr6racr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brighton, MI
Posts: 9,996
Thanks: 514
Thanked 830 Times in 703 Posts
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
I'm not a Reed fan, or an Alessi hater. Don't really care either way. Just saying...

-Chad

"Logically, any motorcyclist can do 60* of lean. The trick is coming back up again." - Neal Spalding
cbr6racr is offline  
post #24 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 06:28 PM
Moto GP Racer
 
dmc41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Southeastern, Ohio
Posts: 3,325
Thanks: 242
Thanked 336 Times in 303 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How you not a reed fan! Haha. I really don't root for anyone now.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldn View Post
I'm glad lines have been identified...even if it is all the way at bukake....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge_Jumper View Post
no he's not... I can already tell he's a soulless little fawker who is going to destroy everything you love


My long not exciting build, but I have hyperflo's
dmc41 is offline  
post #25 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 06:29 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Schomberg
Posts: 1,102
Thanks: 48
Thanked 48 Times in 46 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr6racr View Post
I'm not a Reed fan, or an Alessi hater. Don't really care either way. Just saying...
Chad Reed is one of my favorites along with most Mx fans. He rides with injuries most wouldn't be outta bed. Has all my respect. But that was as bad as they come. Maybe not as obvious as alessi, but he lined him up and made hard contact. Even Stewart himself said he's been on probation for way less that that. Cost them both a win. No penalty.

This was a heat race with two guys who will probably never win a 450 main let alone think about a championship and it was a relatively soft hit with neither guy getting hurt. Both made the main no harm done to points race. But this is penalty worthy? It's obvious ama caved to Ricky and Carey Hart. Stupid move sure, penalty not by ama standards.
adamcbr4lyfe is offline  
post #26 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 06:46 PM
World Superbike Racer
 
Austicus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SL,UT
Posts: 2,005
Images: 1
Thanks: 841
Thanked 571 Times in 371 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I agree. Stewart left it wide open.

Austicus is offline  
post #27 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 06:59 PM
Moto GP Racer
 
dmc41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Southeastern, Ohio
Posts: 3,325
Thanks: 242
Thanked 336 Times in 303 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
From that video Stewart deserved it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldn View Post
I'm glad lines have been identified...even if it is all the way at bukake....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge_Jumper View Post
no he's not... I can already tell he's a soulless little fawker who is going to destroy everything you love


My long not exciting build, but I have hyperflo's
dmc41 is offline  
post #28 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 07:04 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Schomberg
Posts: 1,102
Thanks: 48
Thanked 48 Times in 46 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So did broc I guess.

If the door was wide open how come Chad didn't get through lol?
adamcbr4lyfe is offline  
post #29 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 07:10 PM
Moto GP Racer
 
dmc41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Southeastern, Ohio
Posts: 3,325
Thanks: 242
Thanked 336 Times in 303 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcbr4lyfe View Post
So did broc I guess.

If the door was wide open how come Chad didn't get through lol?
In the beginning of the video Stewart used his teammate to block reed. Not saying two wrongs make a right, just looked like pay back.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldn View Post
I'm glad lines have been identified...even if it is all the way at bukake....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge_Jumper View Post
no he's not... I can already tell he's a soulless little fawker who is going to destroy everything you love


My long not exciting build, but I have hyperflo's
dmc41 is offline  
post #30 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 07:13 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Schomberg
Posts: 1,102
Thanks: 48
Thanked 48 Times in 46 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmc41 View Post
In the beginning of the video Stewart used his teammate to block reed. Not saying two wrongs make a right, just looked like pay back.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
He never made contact with him, never wrecked him.

Payback would be taking his spot, not wrecking each other. That's a dummy move.
adamcbr4lyfe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome