Well the time is finally upon us, season opener is right around the corner
this will be an epic season im sure of that, lots of changes took place over the last few months incl the intro of Factory 2 class, to recap
The FIM (Fédération Internationale de Motorcyclisme) and Dorna have proposed to the Grand Prix Commission the introduction of ‘Factory 2’ entries in the premier class of MotoGP™ to compliment the ‘Factory’ and ‘Open’ entries. Javier Alonso comments "The proposal would see Factory Honda and Yamaha bikes competing with a 20 litre fuel capacity limit, five engines sealed at the beginning of the season and without the Extra-Soft tyre. The Open entries have 24 litres of fuel, 12 non-sealed engines and a softer tyre option. There would then be an additional Factory 2 class as explained by Alonso.
“The proposal which has been made relates to Open entry manufacturers achieving podium results, specifically three third positions, two second places or one victory, in dry race conditions. They would then have certain limitations applied relating to the Open class (22.5 litres of fuel reduced from 24) and less engines available (the total reduced from 12 to 9),” states Alonso, Dorna Managing Director and Race Direction member."
- Rossi seems eager to be back on the podium and looks to be in fine form with his new crew chief. Time will tell how things work out for him, im hoping well.
- Marquez is the champ, he will no doubt have his hands full trying to repeat, this should be entertaining to watch! he looks to be good to go following his unfortunate accident and broken leg.
- What can i say about Dani, this may very well be his LAST shot at a title, although some say last year was his last? can he stay healthy?
- Lorenzo came within 4 points of winning the title last year, keep in mind the black flag and crash for MM, without those 2 the gap would have been sig higher, that being said the courage and straight out BALLS JL showed last season racing just after his surgery, much respect for him, he will be determined more than ever to regain his title
- Nicky now back with Honda, is more than determined to prove he's still got what it takes, early testing werent quite what he was hoping for, im sure he will be battling it out this year, i wish him well
- What can we expect from Cal this year? the move to Factory Ducati saw a surprise to everyone, they went OPEN, "Ducati believe the ‘Open’ option gives them more freedom for evolution during 2014 and state that they will keep developing their bikes during the championship to improve competitiveness. While in 2014 all bikes in the championship – Factory and Open - use exactly the same Magneti Marelli ECU, the ‘Open’ option also includes the use of standard software". imo its what they need to do in order to try and be a top contending team. Lots of challenges ahead for him and AD4.
- Bradl has always been a fav rider of mine, this guy can race! should be interesting to see him battle it out for a pod spot
- This may be Colins last year who knows? i hope not, enjoy watching him compete out there, with new team mate AEspargaro this team should make things interesting
- these guys can race, not sure if AB will be mixing it up with VR46 like he did last year but who knows? Smith has also shown he can be very fast another one to watch.
The new comers to premier class SR45, PE44
have shown us they are certainly ready to roll with the big boys, early times by Pol esp were impressive to say the least
Well enough talk, LETS GO RACING!!!