Moto GP 2014 Round 3 Argentina ***SPOILER*** - 600RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 64 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Moto GP 2014 Round 3 Argentina ***SPOILER***

Pirro is subbing for Crutchlow after fracturing his hand. He'll be back for the next round.

Circuit info
Length: 4.806 m / 2.986 miles
Width: 16m
Left corners: 5
Right corners: 9
Longest straight: 1.076 m / 0.669 miles
Constructed: 2008
Modified: 2012

Introduction:
The Termas de Río Hondo Circuit is located 6km from the city which gives the venue its name, in the Province of Santiago del Estero. It was built in a 150 hectare area and officially inaugurated on May 11, 2008, during the visit of Argentina´s Touring Car Racing championship. In 2012, the reconditioning, enlargement and modernization of the circuit began, with the purpose of turning it into Latin America’s most modern, safe and vibrant circuit.

Records i'm going to go ahead and pencil MM93 in lol

Current Points
1 Marc MARQUEZ Honda SPA 50
2 Dani PEDROSA Honda SPA 36
3 Valentino ROSSI Yamaha ITA 28
4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO Ducati ITA 27
5 Aleix ESPARGARO Forward Yamaha SPA 20
6 Andrea IANNONE Ducati ITA 15
7 Stefan BRADL Honda GER 13
8 Nicky HAYDEN Honda USA 13
9 Bradley SMITH Yamaha GBR 11
10 Pol ESPARGARO Yamaha SPA 10

**Also hopefully you don't mind me doing this for ya this week CBR Time. We didn't have the thread up so I figured I would get it done.

12 Daytona 675

Last edited by CBR Time; 04-21-2014 at 09:52 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jdel For This Useful Post:
CBR Time (04-21-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 64 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 09:35 PM
BOTM Winner 8/12 / Super Moderator

Thanked 1,043 Times in 921 Posts
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
It's all good, i was going to post up right now though. Let's just keep yours for this round ;) thx
i added a few pics of the track and we all know who will more and likely have the record so.. :)

Last edited by CBR Time; 04-21-2014 at 09:53 PM.
post #3 of 64 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 09:37 PM

Pirro to substitute for Crutchlow in Argentina didnt think we'd see Cal, too bad
Cal Crutchlow will not be fit in time to represent Ducati Team in Argentina as he continues to recover from his accident in Austin and subsequent surgery.
After Crutchlow’s crash in the race at Austin, the British rider had initially been diagnosed with a dislocated right little finger, but further checks at a specialized centre in San Diego revealed that he had also suffered a tiny fracture of the finger and as a result it was decided that he should undergo a small operation to insert a stabilizing pin.

Crutchlow, who already knows the Termas de Rio Hondo track after taking part in two days of testing last year, hoped to recover in time for the Argentinean race but unfortunately continuing intense pain in his right hand, which prevents him from using the front brake correctly, has forced him to abandon.

He will now return to England to continue treatment and try and get ready for the Jerez race. Crutchlow will be replaced in Argentina by Italian Michele Pirro, the test-rider for the Ducati Team.

“I am very sad to let the team down like this because I was really looking forward to racing in Argentina,” said Crutchlow. “On the Tuesday after Austin I had some scans on my hand and we saw that my finger was still dislocated from the crash and also broken so Dr. Chao decided to put a pin in to stabilize it. Unfortunately I’m still feeling too much pain in my right hand, my knuckles are the most painful part and I’m not in condition to race this weekend.”

post #4 of 64 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 09:41 PM

Marquez raises the bar ahead of first Argentina outing
The question on everyone’s lips ahead of the inaugural Grand Prix Red Bull de la Republica Argentina at the recently updated Termas de Rio Hondo circuit will be whether can anyone can get past Repsol Honda Team’s Marc Marquez, who has been in spectacular form in the first two races of the season.
Whilst for every rider the circuit will be a new challenge, Marquez showed last year in Austin that he is one of the fastest to adapt to new layouts and conditions. And with the pace he has been showing so far, many will see him as the clear favourite as MotoGP™ travels to South America for the first time in years. His ability to make the hard Bridgestone rear tyre work has arguably set the bar even higher for his rivals, as tyre issues both with the rear and front have plagued those that are considered regular front runners.

Marquez’s teammate Dani Pedrosa is arguably an exception to that, having also rode a brilliant race in Austin last time out, though with the commonly used medium rear compound. Movistar Yamaha MotoGP’s Jorge Lorenzo will be doing all he can to put the disastrous start to season behind him – first crashing out of Qatar on the first lap, and then jumping the start in Austin before finishing 10th. As much as bike set-up, the Mallorcan will be aiming to regain the mental strength that has stood him in good stead over the years.

His teammate Valentino Rossi has shown that he can still keep up with the front-runners, though struggled with a fast-degrading front tyre in Austin. If he and new crew chief Silvano Galbusera can overcome these issues, Rossi could once again be a podium contender. His previous employers, Ducati Team, had a great race in Austin, taking their first dry podium in over a year with Andrea Dovizioso keeping his nerve to guide home the Desmosedici GP14. His teammate Cal Crutchlow on the other hand will find it tough, after dislocating the little finger on his right hand in a crash during the race.

The satellite bikes have been putting on a great show for the riders since the start of the season. Pramac Team’s Andrea Iannone in particular will be one to watch, as he had his Ducati in a podium position for a significant stretch last time out before suffering the same front tyre issue as Rossi. Monster Yamaha Tech3 duo Bradley Smith and Pol Espargaro both demonstrated a willingness to go fairing to fairing with the likes of LCR Honda MotoGP’s Stefan Bradl, which is great news for MotoGP, though might leave their team managers with a few more grey hairs. GO&FUN Honda Gresini’s Alvaro Bautista, alongside Bradl and Crutchlow, all tested at the Argentinian track last year, and are likely to have an advantage in the first free practices.

The “Open” class bikes on the grid will have their work cut out trying to hunt down NGM Forward Racing’s Aleix Espargaro, who is looking ever more comfortable on his Yamaha-powered machine. The likes of his teammate Colin Edwards, GO&FUN’s Scott Redding, Drive M7 Aspar duo Nicky Hayden and Hiroshi Aoyama, as well as Pramac’s Yonny Hernandez are showing improvements with every session and should have the possibility to challenge. The other riders to line up under the “Open” regulations are PBM’s Michael Laverty and Broc Parkes, Iodaracing’s Danilo Petrucci, Cardion AB Racing’s Karel Abraham, as well as Avintia Racing’s Hector Barbera and Mike di Meglio.

Following Bridgestone’s tyre test there last year with Bautista, Bradl and Crutchlow, the tyre manufacturer has opted to bring a symmetric rear, with both the fronts and rears set to be of the harder compounds to cope with the tyre-punishing track.
post #5 of 64 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 09:57 PM

Friday 25 April 2014

Moto3FP1
08:00 - 08:40
MotoGPFP1
08:55 - 09:40
Moto2FP1
09:55 - 10:40
Moto3FP2
12:10 - 12:50
MotoGPFP2
13:05 - 13:50
Moto2FP2
14:05 - 14:50

Saturday 26 April 2014

Moto3FP3
08:00 - 08:40
MotoGPFP3
08:55 - 09:40
Moto2FP3
09:55 - 10:40
Moto3QP
11:35 - 12:15
MotoGPFP4
12:30 - 13:00
MotoGPQ1
13:10 - 13:25
MotoGPQ2
13:35 - 13:50
Moto2QP
14:05 - 14:50

Sunday 27 April 2014

Moto3WUP
07:40 - 08:00
Moto2WUP
08:10 - 08:30
MotoGPWUP
08:40 - 09:00
Moto3RAC
10:00
Moto2RAC
11:20
MotoGPRAC
13:00
post #6 of 64 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 10:01 PM

Wanted to post this Crash.net interview with one of my all time fav riders Wayne Rainey. This took place post COTA race.

“Marquez loves to fight for the position no matter who the rider is and the guys that I raced against were much the same way” – Wayne Rainey.
An exclusive interview with triple 500cc world champion Wayne Rainey, conducted on Sunday afternoon, shortly after the conclusion of the MotoGP race in Austin, Texas...

Crash.net:
How proud are you to have a facility like COTA in the US?

Wayne Rainey:
As far as facilities goes this is second to none and it's awesome to see how the whole thing is laid out. If you were going to build a race track this is what you'd build.

Crash.net:
Looking at GP riders today, who do you keep your eye on most?

Wayne Rainey:
I'm keeping my eyes on not just the GP guys but the guys in the States and in the other championships. But when you watch at this top level and you watch on TV it's clear that Marquez is obviously impressive to watch. He's doing a great job and he's a lot of fun to watch.

Crash.net:
Do you see any similarities between Marc Marquez's riding style and race craft and your own?

Wayne Rainey:
Yeah, I think that Marquez loves the battle and loves to fight for the position no matter who the rider is and the guys that I raced against were much the same way. I think that Marquez is very young and very exuberant and I think that you can see that youth in his riding.

I don't know if he thinks about it too much and I think that most of it is that he reacts on the feeling of what the bike is telling him and what the other riders are doing around him. You saw it today on the last lap [of the race] when he just about chucked it away at the last turn. It was just a little bit of brain fade but these riders are out there on the edge.

Crash.net:
Looking at the AMA Superbike championship, what do you feel when you look at the state of that championship at the moment? There's only five rounds, no TV deal and limited exposure for any of the US riders coming through.

Wayne Rainey:
It's terrible isn't it? When you look back at the riders in MotoGP over the years the American's dominated the era that I used to race in and now to barely have a presence in MotoGP and not even be racing for the podium... it shouldn't be that way.

I think that a lot of it stems back to what happens in the national championships. When you look at what Spain is doing, what the British Superbikes championship is doing and then look at what we're doing - the AMA isn't doing enough to produce opportunities for young American riders to get the chance to race in MotoGP like they did for me.

Those opportunities just don't exist. When I was racing in the AMA I was racing 10-15 times and it was on TV and the teams were looking for American riders and the dirt track guys were moving into Road Racing. We don't see that at all anymore and now we're down to five or six races and the fans and sponsors, teams and riders are starved for races but at the moment the way the series has positioned itself is weak.

Crash.net:
Have you had any discussions with the AMA about the direction of the series? Do they look to involve people like yourself, Kevin [Schwantz] or any of the other US riders that were successful in MotoGP?

Wayne Rainey:
Not really, they know where I'm at. But we're looking to do something different to try and find another solution for American riders to have a chance to show these MotoGP teams that they should be looking at American riders. We need to find an avenue so that these guys can race more than they have been. I think that we have a lot of American riders with the talent here but we need to get them on to the racetrack.

Crash.net:
From your perspective since you left team management you're not involved in GPs on a day to day basis. What do you feel when you come back into the paddock?

Wayne Rainey:
I still have a lot of friends in the paddock and a lot of them are like family. I feel very comfortable coming back and seeing them. It's been 20 something years since I last raced and I obviously try and come to at least one American race each year and when I go to Europe I still feel very welcome. I miss the riding part obviously.

Crash.net:
You still miss it?

Wayne Rainey:
Yeah, I really do. When I get here and see everyone working and hear the riders talking, like yesterday [Saturday] I was talking to Jorge about the problems that he was having with the bike and it's the same problems that we had when I was racing. I still see the passion and of course I'm not able to do that anymore but I'm reminded very quickly of what it was and the reason why I was doing it. Even though it's been 20 years and the series has moved on and technology has changed, the racing is still the same.

Crash.net:
Do you have any regrets when you look back on your career?

Wayne Rainey:
No, none at all.
post #7 of 64 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 10:14 PM

post #8 of 64 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 08:58 PM

More info on the track! looks good to me :) like these 3D pics, reminds me of a roller coaster :)

http://motomatters.com/news/2014/04/...s%29#elevation
post #9 of 64 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 09:02 PM

post #10 of 64 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 09:10 PM

Repsol Honda pair head to South America leading the way
After a strong start to the 2014 season, which has seen MotoGP™ World Champion Marc Marquez win the first two races and teammate Dani Pedrosa finishing on the podium twice, the Repsol Honda team head to Argentina full of confidence.
Marquez and Pedrosa occupy the top two spots in the standings and they are both looking forward to the challenge of a new venue at this weekend’s Gran Premio Red Bull de la República Argentina.

Ahead of the Grand Prix the 4.8km Autodromo Termas de Rio Hondo has had a complete overhaul and major renovation by Italian circuit designer Jarno Zaffelli, in order to host to the first World Championship race in Argentina since 1999.

A selection of riders and teams tested at the track last July, including Honda satellite riders Stefan Bradl and Alvaro Bautista. Their initial data collection will be important when the teams take to the track on Friday morning for FP1.

Marquez stated, “Argentina will be a new track for most of us, some riders went a year ago but I don’t think the track surface was ideal so they were a little limited on the amount of laps they could do. I’m looking forward to visiting a new circuit and it will be nice for the fans. We will be looking to continue with the same momentum from the first two races of the season.”

Pedrosa meanwhile, commented, "After Austin I’m looking forward to Argentina and getting some laps around the track to feel the bike and learn the circuit! I don’t know much about the new track, I've tried to do some homework with maps and videos and find out as much as I could before arriving but it's hard to know without having been there on the bike.”

“I'm looking forward to the weekend and meeting the fans over there as it will be my first visit to the country!"
post #11 of 64 (permalink) Old 04-23-2014, 05:29 AM

2014 MotoGP: Bridgestone Upgrades Tire Allocation for the Argentinian Round
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/20...und-80311.html

The 4.8km circuit is characterised by numerous fast, long-radius corners that are expected to result in one of the highest average speeds of the year. High speeds, hard braking zones and high camber angles of some corners results in this circuit being one of the more demanding for tyres.

The Rio Hondo circuit has nine right-hand corners compared to just five left-handers. However, the left-hand corners tend to be more severe in nature than the right-handers and in particular corners such as turn six and eleven generate high tyre temperatures, so the overall loads placed on the left and right shoulders of the tyres are similar. Rear tyre allocation will be symmetric.

The overall severity of the track means the rear tyre allocation features rubber compounds from the harder end of the scale. Rear slick tyre options for the Factory Honda and Yamaha riders are the medium and hard compound rear slick, while the Ducati and open-class riders have access to the soft and medium compound rear slicks.

As the circuit is a new addition to MotoGP™, Bridgestone’s dataset for the track is limited to that gathered in a test there last year featuring riders Stefan Bradl, Cal Crutchlow and Alvaro Bautista.

As a result, a special front slick tyre allocation will be offered for this weekend’s GP to ensure riders have enough options to deal with the potentially variable track conditions. The riders will be able to choose from three front slick options - the soft, medium and hard compound front slicks - instead of the usual two front options offered per race weekend.

Hiroshi Yamada, Manager, Bridgestone Motorsport Department, commented, “From a racing perspective, none of the factory teams tested at this circuit last year so it will be interesting to see which riders are able to adapt themselves to the demands of this very fast circuit. This weekend will be a busy one for our engineers as they will be tasked with helping the teams get the best out of the tyres at this new circuit.”

His colleague Shinji Aoki, Manager, Bridgestone Motorsport Tyre Development Division, added, “Our test at the circuit last year shows it is one of the harshest circuits on the calendar for tyres. The circuit is interesting in that although there are nine right-handed corners compared to five left-handed corners, the left shoulder of the tyre experiences higher temperatures than the right shoulder, due to the left-handers generally being faster, more demanding corners. As we have limited data for this track, we have decided to have a special allocation for the front tyres this weekend to ensure maximum safety for the riders.”

Last edited by CBR Time; 04-23-2014 at 05:38 AM.
post #12 of 64 (permalink) Old 04-23-2014, 08:27 AM
Too short to drag knee.

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I wonder if they will do what they did at PI last year. That would be interesting.

LRRS/CCS AM #521

post #13 of 64 (permalink) Old 04-23-2014, 07:02 PM

Doubt it but would be interesting indeed
post #14 of 64 (permalink) Old 04-23-2014, 07:06 PM

Def a BAD start to his season, one more slip up and he may as well toss the championship imo. Already 44 points behind MM93 going to be a huge challenge for him to gain some ground esp if MM93 finishes all the remaining races

Lorenzo: ‘I’m quite confident we can revert the situation’
The 2010 and 2012 MotoGP™ World Champion Jorge Lorenzo is taking a positive approach ahead of the Gran Premio Red Bull de la República Argentina, despite his tricky start to the season.
After crashing out of the first race of the year in Qatar the Movistar Yamaha MotoGP man finished tenth in Texas, having faced a ride through penalty due to a jump start.

The early championship standings see him down in the unfamiliar territory of 16th place and he trails MotoGP™ title holder Marc Marquez by 44 points already.

“Obviously it’s not the beginning of the season I had dreamed of,” admits Lorenzo. “But I’m quite confident that we can revert the situation. It’s not easy to swallow what happened at Austin but I always try to get the positive thing even if we are in trouble.”

Rather than dwelling on the mishaps of recent weeks, the Spaniard states, “I’m just thinking about Argentina and I’m really looking forward to racing as soon as possible there. Staying on track is the best way to forget and I think our championship is going to kick off over there. I think I’m going to be much more stimulated in front of the Argentinian fans and finally we will achieve a normal race.”

Regarding the challenge of the updated circuit in Argentina Lorenzo adds, “That track is a new one in the championship and the first ever visit to Termas de Rio Hondo. That’s why we need to improve in a rush from Friday and try to stay calm and concentrate to get the best pace as soon as possible with the bike. Just a few riders could test in Argentina last year so I guess the inconvenience of learning the circuit is almost the same for everyone.”

“Hopefully we will enjoy that track and we will get a good result before we start racing in Europe. From my side I will arrive with plenty of energy after resting and training hard in Mexico!”

Last edited by CBR Time; 04-24-2014 at 05:41 AM.
post #15 of 64 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 11:20 PM

All set for action to commence at Termas de Rio Hondo
In the preliminary press conference on Thursday in Argentina premier class riders Marc Marquez, Valentino Rossi, Andrea Dovizioso, Stefan Bradl and Bradley Smith were joined by former World Championship regular Sebas Porto, the Argentinian who will make a wildcard appearance in Moto2™ this weekend.
On the back of the victorious start to his MotoGP™ title defence Marquez is full of confidence going into the Gran Premio Red Bull de la Republica Argentina and he was the first rider to address the media.

The Repsol Honda star commented, “I think it will be an interesting weekend here in Argentina, as it’s a new track for everybody. We need to work a little bit more than usual to find the best line, to adapt our riding style and to find the right set-up for this track. I am back at 100% for riding, I still can’t run but I am fine on the bike.”

Movistar Yamaha MotoGP’s nine-time World Champion Rossi is the only premier class regular with previous experience of Grand Prix racing in Argentina, albeit at a different venue to this weekend’s host circuit.

Rossi noted, “I have some riding experience in South America, a lot in Brazil, but also some unforgettable moments in Buenos Aires in 1998 and 1999. This track is new but it is good for motorcycles and I think it will be a flowing circuit which will be fun to ride. I have a good first impression.”

Following his first podium for the Ducati Team last time out in Texas, Dovizioso looks to maintain his good form at this round. “The podium in Austin was great for many reasons,” he acknowledged. “Obviously it is great for a rider to be up there but it is also a reward for all the people working hard behind the scenes. I was not feeling well in Austin during the weekend so to end up on the podium was a great feeling. I’m also excited to be riding at this new track.”

One of a select group of riders to have tested last year at the renovated Termas de Rio Hondo circuit – a new venue on the MotoGP™ calendar for 2014 – is LCR Honda man Bradl.

He stated, “I don’t know if it will be any real advantage as the conditions were not perfect here for the test. The others will catch up very fast. I like the track and the layout is good, it will be demanding on the tyres and I think the gaps between the riders will be very close so I expect some good racing.”

Monster Yamaha Tech 3’s Smith comes into the Argentina Grand Prix on a high, having registered his best MotoGP™ result to date in Austin. He said, “I struggled in Austin last year so it was good to get the result and get over the line, although I think the potential for the podium was there. I finished as the top Yamaha so I was very pleased with that and pleased for our team. I’ve been around this new track on a scooter and am looking forward to getting out there on a MotoGP bike tomorrow.”

Proud Argentinian Porto, who makes a guest appearance this weekend on Kalex Moto2™ machinery for Argentina TSR Motorsport, is delighted to see the World Championship back in his home nation.

He commented, “I am very happy to be here, it has been a long time since my last appearance in the World Championship. I will try to do my best as the fans are really excited about the racing coming back to Argentina. It has been 15 years since we raced here and motorcycling has grown a lot in that time in South America and in Argentina. I hope I can ride at a good level.”

Practice at the Gran Premio Red Bull de la Republica Argentina commences on Friday with the Moto3™ riders heading out on track for their FP1 run at 9am local time (GMT -3).
post #16 of 64 (permalink) Old 04-25-2014, 11:09 AM
Pocketbike Racer

not bad JorGee not bad. had me worried there the first half of FP1.

what the heck is up with Marquez? must've decided to tie one hand behind his back. LOL.
post #17 of 64 (permalink) Old 04-25-2014, 03:24 PM

Haha MM 93 Pl after fp2 full second lead crazy!!!
post #18 of 64 (permalink) Old 04-25-2014, 03:38 PM

post #19 of 64 (permalink) Old 04-25-2014, 07:44 PM

Marquez dominates second practice in Argentina
MotoGP™ World Champion Marc Marquez was in dominant form on Friday at the Gran Premio Red Bull de la Republica Argentina, leading FP2 by 1.083s from teammate Dani Pedrosa, with Aleix Espargaro in third
As the riders learned their way around the new Termas de Rio Hondo track Marquez demonstrated his ability to go quickly at unfamiliar venues once again, recording a 1’39.313 best lap to put him clear of nearest rival Pedrosa.

Espargaro once again showed his pace and the potential of his ‘Open’ NGM Forward Racing package, placing himself third on the timesheet with a 1’40.566 best effort on the Forward Yamaha.

In fourth place was LCR Honda’s Stefan Bradl, the German rider who was one of a select group to test at this venue last year. He ended the day 1.578s behind Marquez.

Completing the top five was Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) who ended the session riding his second bike after the engine on his first machine blew up early in the practice. The Italian lapped within 1.729s of P1.

Monster Yamaha Tech3 pair Bradley Smith and Pol Espargaro were sixth and seventh respectively, with Smith making a late improvement to jump from the foot of the timesheet as he improved his time by three seconds with a fast lap.

Valentino Rossi and his Movistar Yamaha MotoGP teammate Jorge Lorenzo were eighth and ninth after Lorenzo had gone fastest in the morning FP1 session. They will both look to step up the pace on Saturday morning.

Andrea Iannone (Pramac Racing) walked away from a heavy crash at turn five and returned to the track on his second bike to improve his time and complete the top ten.
post #20 of 64 (permalink) Old 04-25-2014, 08:33 PM

post #21 of 64 (permalink) Old 04-25-2014, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by un_majstk View Post
not bad JorGee not bad. had me worried there the first half of FP1.

what the heck is up with Marquez? must've decided to tie one hand behind his back. LOL.
Honda used one tire the whole FP1, because conditions were so bad.

MM dropped into the 1:39s like it was nothing. That was his first 90 minutes at a brand new track...

12 Daytona 675
post #22 of 64 (permalink) Old 04-26-2014, 03:50 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Qualifying should be very interesting......I hope Bridgestone get their game together.

2011 CBR600RR 'X-Ray' Build Thread
https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=294795

Co-President of Team46

"My bike is too fast for the track" Ubercool ZX-14R rider.
post #23 of 64 (permalink) Old 04-26-2014, 09:54 AM

FP3 Results: Beat his FP2 time!! Happy to see Vale in P3 :)
The premier class riders ran their customary FP3 session at the Gran Premio Red Bull de la Republica Argentina on Saturday morning, with Marc Marquez emerging on top again, from Dani Pedrosa and Valentino Rossi.
1 93 Marc MARQUEZ SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 324.5 1'39.171
2 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 323.7 1'39.330 0.159 / 0.159
3 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha 322.2 1'39.458 0.287 / 0.128
4 41 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA NGM Forward Racing Forward Yamaha 320.6 1'39.573 0.402 / 0.115
5 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Ducati Team Ducati 324.7 1'39.757 0.586 / 0.184
6 6 Stefan BRADL GER LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 325.0 1'39.771 0.600 / 0.014
7 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha 320.4 1'39.782 0.611 / 0.011
8 29 Andrea IANNONE ITA Pramac Racing Ducati 323.6 1'40.050 0.879 / 0.268
9 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA GO&FUN Honda Gresini Honda 325.1 1'40.223 1.052 / 0.173
10 44 Pol ESPARGARO SPA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 320.8 1'40.422 1.251 / 0.199
11 38 Bradley SMITH GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 323.2 1'40.575 1.404 / 0.153
12 68 Yonny HERNANDEZ COL Energy T.I. Pramac Racing Ducati 321.0 1'40.802 1.631 / 0.227
13 5 Colin EDWARDS USA NGM Forward Racing Forward Yamaha 314.4 1'40.950 1.779 / 0.148
14 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Drive M7 Aspar Honda 309.1 1'41.142 1.971 / 0.192
15 45 Scott REDDING GBR GO&FUN Honda Gresini Honda 306.5 1'41.193 2.022 / 0.051
16 51 Michele PIRRO ITA Ducati Team Ducati 314.7 1'41.457 2.286 / 0.264
17 17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Cardion AB Motoracing Honda 310.4 1'41.552 2.381 / 0.095
18 63 Mike DI MEGLIO FRA Avintia Racing Avintia 308.0 1'41.904 2.733 / 0.352
19 23 Broc PARKES AUS Paul Bird Motorsport PBM 301.8 1'41.935 2.764 / 0.031
20 7 Hiroshi AOYAMA JPN Drive M7 Aspar Honda 310.5 1'41.958 2.787 / 0.023
21 9 Danilo PETRUCCI ITA IodaRacing Project ART 304.1 1'42.419 3.248 / 0.461
22 8 Hector BARBERA SPA Avintia Racing Avintia 309.0 1'42.482 3.311 / 0.063
23 70 Michael LAVERTY GBR Paul Bird Motorsport PBM 305.0 1'42.932 3.761 / 0.450
Weather Conditions:
| Track Condition: Dry| Air: 20º| Humidity: 64%| Ground: 19º
Records:
Fastest Lap: Lap: 16 Marc MARQUEZ 1'39.171 174.4 Km/h
Circuit Record Lap: 0 Km/h
Best Lap: 2014 Marc MARQUEZ 1'39.171 174.4 Km/h

Last edited by CBR Time; 04-26-2014 at 09:57 AM.
post #24 of 64 (permalink) Old 04-26-2014, 10:15 AM

Marquez quickest again at Termas de Rio Hondo
The premier class riders ran their customary FP3 session at the Gran Premio Red Bull de la Republica Argentina on Saturday morning, with Marc Marquez emerging on top again, from Dani Pedrosa and Valentino Rossi.
The World Champion showed his form again with the best time of the weekend (1'39.171) coming late in the session and keeping him 0.159s ahead of his Repsol Honda teammate Pedrosa.

Movistar Yamaha MotoGP man Rossi took almost two seconds off his Friday best to close within just 0.287s of the rampant Marquez.

Aleix Espargaro (NGM Forward Racing) and Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) both performed solidly again in fourth and fifth, respectively 0.402s and 0.586s off the top spot as the times bunched up compared with FP2.

Stefan Bradl (LCR Honda MotoGP), Jorge Lorenzo (Movistar Yamaha MotoGP), Andrea Iannone (Pramac Racing), Alvaro Baustista (GO&FUN Honda Gresini) and Pol Espargaro (Monster Yamaha Tech3) were all automatic Q2 qualifiers, despite a heavy crash for Espargaro.

Espargaro lost the rear pushing hard at turn 14 and took a big hit on the helmet as he fell but he was soon on his feet and went back out towards the end of the session.

His teammate Bradley Smith (Monster Yamaha Tech3) missed out on an automatic Q2 position, and will aim to go through from Q1 later with the likes of Yonny Hernandez (Energy T.I. Pramac Racing), Colin Edwards (NGM Forward Racing), Nicky Hayden (Drive M7 Aspar) and Scott Redding (GO&FUN Honda Gresini) sure to be in the hunt.
post #25 of 64 (permalink) Old 04-26-2014, 01:01 PM

FP4 Results, MM93 best time yet!!! Vale @ P4, something up with JL99 imo??
1MARQUEZ M.Repsol Honda Team1:39.103
2PEDROSA D.Repsol Honda Team+0.382
3ESPARGARO A.NGM Forward Racing+0.738
4ROSSI V.Movistar Yamaha MotoGP+0.841
5BAUTISTA A.GO&FUN Honda Gresini+0.905
6IANNONE A.Pramac Racing+1.052
7BRADL S.LCR Honda MotoGP+1.148
8LORENZO J.Movistar Yamaha MotoGP+1.168
9ESPARGARO P.Monster Yamaha Tech 3+1.373
10DOVIZIOSO A.Ducati Team+1.423
11SMITH B.Monster Yamaha Tech 3+1.458
12HAYDEN N.Drive M7 Aspar+1.558
13REDDING S.GO&FUN Honda Gresini+1.643
post #26 of 64 (permalink) Old 04-26-2014, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Good lord MM is fast!

.7 faster than JL, but a full second fast than everyone else.

12 Daytona 675
post #27 of 64 (permalink) Old 04-26-2014, 09:30 PM

Fast may not be the word lol, dude is in a league of his own
post #28 of 64 (permalink) Old 04-26-2014, 09:34 PM

3rd pole in a row he's unstoppable! !

Last edited by CBR Time; 04-26-2014 at 09:58 PM.
post #29 of 64 (permalink) Old 04-26-2014, 10:33 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,528 Times in 1,047 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The question is was JL aiming to be second on the grid?

Was he looking to be in a position where he didn't have to take too many risks during qualifying but that would allow him to get the jump on MM right off the start line, cause there can be no arguing that JL gets off that line quicker than pretty much anyone else. (particularly last round)

Or is MM just that much quicker than everyone?
post #30 of 64 (permalink) Old 04-26-2014, 10:51 PM
Maynard

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Wrong Nico. The difference is HONDUHHH. DUHHH

:)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

2W1R

2012 M1100 EVO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page