Moto GP 2014 Round 6 Mugello ***SPOILER*** - 600RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-25-2014, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
BOTM Winner 8/12 / Super Moderator

Thanked 1,043 Times in 921 Posts
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Moto GP 2014 Round 6 Mugello ***SPOILER***

Well MM93 is 5 for 5, simply amazing! in a different league right now! As long as he keeps winning ill keep saying it, will he be 6 for 6? Can JL99 get his chit together? and can VR46 keep up the pace.

Circuit info

Length: 5.245 m / 3.259 miles
Width: 14m
Left corners: 6
Right corners: 9
Longest straight: 1.141 m / 0.709 miles
Constructed: 1974

Introduction:
Located 30km north-east of Florence in the beautiful countryside of Tuscany, Mugello is a modern circuit with excellent facilities. Bought by Ferrari back in 1988, the 5.245km track has been renovated to a high standard and has a growing reputation as one of the world’s most up-to-date, scenic and safest race circuits.

A blend of slow and fast turns with sweeping curves, long straights and off-camber corners make Mugello one of the most challenging circuits for the riders and engineers. Having hosted its first MotoGP event back in 1976 the venue became a permanent fixture in 1991 after extensive refurbishment. Set within a beautiful tree lined Tuscan valley, Mugello also offers ample viewing areas for a particularly boisterous and partisan Italian crowd.

Records Season Rider Motorcycle Time Speed
MotoGP
Fastest Lap 2013 Dani PEDROSA (SPA) Honda 1'47.157 176.2 km/h
Circuit Record 2013 Marc MARQUEZ (SPA) Honda 1'47.639 175.4 km/h
Best Pole 2013 Dani PEDROSA (SPA) Honda 1'47.157 176.2 km/h
Top Speed 2009 Dani PEDROSA (SPA) Honda 349.2 km/h

Found this site for the MotoGP Tracks, great pics
http://championhelmets.blogspot.ca/2...und-world.html

Current Points:
1 Marc MARQUEZ Honda SPA 125
2 Dani PEDROSA Honda SPA 83
3 Valentino ROSSI Yamaha ITA 81
4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO Ducati ITA 53
5 Jorge LORENZO Yamaha SPA 45
6 Stefan BRADL Honda GER 39
7 Pol ESPARGARO Yamaha SPA 38
8 Aleix ESPARGARO Forward Yamaha SPA 37
9 Bradley SMITH Yamaha GBR 34
10 Alvaro BAUTISTA Honda SPA 26
11 Andrea IANNONE Ducati ITA 25
12 Nicky HAYDEN Honda USA 23
13 Hiroshi AOYAMA Honda JPN 21
14 Scott REDDING Honda GBR 18
15 Yonny HERNANDEZ Ducati COL 16
16 Cal CRUTCHLOW Ducati GBR 15
17 Karel ABRAHAM Honda CZE 9
18 Colin EDWARDS Forward Yamaha USA 7
19 Danilo PETRUCCI ART ITA 2
20 Hector BARBERA Avintia SPA 2
21 Broc PARKES PBM AUS 1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-25-2014, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

For those who havent already heard
Michelin to become MotoGP™ Official Tyre supplier
Following French tyre manufacturer Michelin’s official tender, Dorna is pleased to announce that Michelin is to become the Official Tyre Supplier to MotoGP™ as of the 2016 World Championship season.
At the beginning of May 2014 Dorna, in agreement with the FIM, opened a tender for tyre manufacturers interested in becoming Official Tyre Supplier to MotoGP™ from the 2016 season.

Interested tyre manufacturers were able to request the technical specifications from Dorna’s Managing Director Javier Alonso, with three potential tyre suppliers initially expressing an interest – before Michelin alone made a formal tender before the 22nd May deadline.

The next step in the process will be the drawing out of a commercial agreement between Dorna and Michelin as Official Tyre Supplier, Michelin having already clearly proven its technical abilities to respond to the needs of a demanding Grand Prix racing schedule.
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-26-2014, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

Great vid of Vale

As MotoGP™ heads to Mugello for what is always one of the most anticipated rounds on the calendar, Valentino Rossi is all set for his 300th Grand Prix appearance - having achieved his 150th premier class podium last time out at Le Mans.
Following the race in France, in which Rossi finished second to the victorious Marc Marquez, he was already looking forward to the Gran Premio d'Italia TIM and another chance to battle with the in-form World Champion and standings leader, this time in front of the passionate Italian crowd.

With his victory at the French GP Marquez became first rider to win the opening five races of the year, all from pole position, since Giacomo Agostini in the 500 class in 1971.

Marquez leads the standings by 42 points from Repsol Honda team-mate Dani Pedrosa and will aim to extend his winning run at round six – at a venue where he crashed out last year.

Marquez will know, however, that Pedrosa will be hungry for his first win since Malaysia last year and that Rossi will be doing everything in his power to add to his nine victories at Mugello, seven of which have come in the premier class. It is fair to say that a win for Rossi in his 300th GP would certainly be popular with the home crowd.

Another strong contender for maximum points in Tuscany will be Rossi’s Movistar Yamaha MotoGP team-mate Jorge Lorenzo. Although the 2010 and 2012 MotoGP™ World Champion is not currently in his best form Lorenzo has won the race at Mugello for the last three years, enjoying a circuit where Yamaha have a good record.

Just ahead of Lorenzo in the standings in fourth place at present is Ducati Team’s Andrea Dovizioso, who is sure to enjoy massive support this weekend. Thousands of faithful Ducatisti fans will gather at Correntaio corner once again to will Dovizioso towards the podium and to support his colleague Cal Crutchlow as the Englishman strives to move up the standings from 16th.

The likes of Stefan Bradl (LCR Honda MotoGP) and Alvaro Bautista (GO&FUN Honda Gresini) go in search of further top five results from sixth and tenth respectively in the championship table. Bautista arrives at Mugello on a high, having recovered from his early season dip by racing to third at Le Mans.

Another excellent performer at Le Mans was Pol Espargaro and the rookie will aim to build on his fourth place in France with another solid performance in Italy. Having adapted quickly to MotoGP in the first five rounds, Moto2™ World Champion Espargaro is just ahead of his brother Aleix Espargaro (NGM Forward Racing) and Monster Yamaha Tech 3 team-mate Bradley Smith in the overall classification.

Just outside the top ten in the standings is another Italian in Andrea Iannone.
The Pramac Racing rider looks to bounce back from two consecutive DNFs after showing his speed in practice and in the opening three races of the year.

Iannone’s compatriot Danilo Petrucci (IodaRacing Project) makes a welcome return at Mugello, having missed the trip to France with the fractured left wrist he sustained at Jerez.

This weekend’s Gran Premio d'Italia TIM is the 29th occasion that a GP has been held at the Mugello circuit, including 24 times in the consecutive years from 1991.

Last edited by CBR Time; 05-26-2014 at 07:31 PM.

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-27-2014, 05:41 AM Thread Starter

interesting read re DP and Suzuki. Pay cut to stay with REP is a huge understatement!! personally id prob look at offer from Suz if i were him.
http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/moto...act-brown-mms/

Last edited by CBR Time; 05-27-2014 at 11:40 AM.
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-27-2014, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

Marquez mission to maintain perfect start
The MotoGP™ World Champion and runaway standings leader Marc Marquez heads to Mugello for round six in perfect form but knows he will need 100% concentration to maintain his ideal start to the year.
Marquez, who has won every race so far this season – and all from pole – has been victorious on two occasions at Mugello (2011 in Moto2™ and 2010 in 125cc) but suffered one of only two DNF’s of 2013 at the Italian track when he crashed out from second place with just three laps remaining.

He also crashed several times during practice in Tuscany last year including one particularly high speed accident at end of the start-finish straight from which he was fortunate to escape relatively unscathed.

The Repsol Honda rider will be hoping for a much smoother weekend this time around, having not crashed at all thus far in 2014 – but he does expect a strong challenge to his race-winning run from his premier class rivals at the Gran Premio d'Italia TIM.

Marquez previewed the sixth Grand Prix of the season saying, “Le Mans was a great weekend for us and although it may look easy from the outside, it is a result of a lot hard work with the team over the weekend to set the bike up. Mugello is a tricky circuit - one of the hardest on the calendar - and we struggled a lot last year. I had many crashes over the weekend and then crashed out of the race also. Now I have an extra year’s experience and I hope it will go more smoothly for us.”

“I know that Valentino (Rossi) will be very strong at his ‘home’ race, Jorge (Lorenzo) has won there for the past three years and Dani (Pedrosa) is also very fast there, so we will need to stay focused and if we cannot challenge for the win then we must take important points for the Championship.”

Pedrosa, meanwhile, boasts eight podium finishes in Mugello including two victories (2010 in MotoGP, 2005 in 250cc) and will be looking to enjoy a better weekend after only managing fifth place in Le Mans. He is currently 42 points behind Marquez in the Championship.

He stated, “Mugello is a very fast track with many long corners so finding the optimum set up and grip is essential. The atmosphere is also very special in Mugello and the weather usually perfect so I look forward to going there and racing in front of a full crowd. In the past few races my overall pace has been good but I’m hoping to improve in qualifying.”
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-27-2014, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

Mugello’s great history of Grand Prix racing
This weekend’s Gran Premio d'Italia TIM will be the 29th occasion that a GP has been held at the Mugello circuit, including 24 times in the consecutive years from 1991.
Mugello has seen many great races over the years and below are some of the facts and figures from these previous Grand Prix events:

- The first time that Mugello hosted a Grand Prix event was in 1976. The 500 race was won by Barry Sheene by the narrow margin of 0.1s from Phil Read, in a race lasting over 62 minutes. This was at a time when Suzuki riders dominated the premier class; the first non-Suzuki rider home was Waerum Borge Nielsen in tenth place riding a Yamaha.

- The layout of the Mugello circuit has remained basically the same since 1976 with the official track length of 5.245km remaining unchanged.

- Yamaha have been the most successful manufacturer in the four-stroke MotoGP™ era at Mugello with a total of eight wins; five successive victories from 2004 through to 2008, in addition to the wins with Lorenzo in the last three years. Honda have had three victories in the MotoGP class at Mugello, the last of which was with Dani Pedrosa in 2010. Ducati’s single win at Mugello was with Stoner in 2009.

- Valentino Rossi is the most successful rider across all the classes at Mugello, with a total of nine victories; one each in the 125 and 250 classes to add to his seven successive MotoGP wins, the last of which came in 2008.

- Loris Capirossi was the first Italian rider to take a premier class victory at Mugello when he won the 500 contest in 2000 after a race-long battle with his countrymen Max Biaggi and Rossi, both of whom fell in the closing stages.

- Last year was the first time since 1995 that there was no Italian rider on the podium in the premier class at Mugello.

- The highest recorded maximum speed at Mugello is 349 kph (217 mph) set by Dani Pedrosa in the first free practice session in 2009; this is the highest official speed recorded in MotoGP at any circuit.

- The MotoGP race at Mugello in 2004 is the shortest ever premier class Grand Prix race to date. The race lasted just six laps, after the first attempt to run the race was stopped due to rain and then restarted for the remaining laps under the rain rules as they stood at that time.

- Italy, together with The Netherlands and Great Britain, are the only three countries that have hosted a motorcycle Grand Prix event in each year since the World Championship series started in 1949.
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-28-2014, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

Rossi: ‘Victory at Mugello is a matter of honour’
MotoGP™ heads to Tuscany this weekend for Valentino Rossi’s first home race of the year and the 300th of his career, at the Gran Premio d'Italia TIM.
The race is also a home Grand Prix for the Movistar Yamaha MotoGP team itself, being based in Italy at the historic Monza circuit in Gerno di Lesmo.

Rossi prepares to entertain his home fans in good form having been at the sharp end of recent races and having taken a well earned second place on the podium at the last round in France.

The local hero remains the only Grand Prix rider ever to take seven straight wins at his home race, scoring consecutive premier class victories at Mugello from 2002 to 2008.

Prior to this he also had a 125cc win in 1997 and a 250cc win in 1999. He will be determined to forget last year’s unfortunate DNF after crashing on the first lap.

“I am very happy to go to Mugello,” comments The Doctor. “This is a beautiful track and I like it so much. There are always 25 points as the other races, but Mugello is a matter of honour. Jorge (Lorenzo) has won the last three years on the Yamaha, doing fantastic races, and this means that the M1 is very competitive on this track.”

“It will be my 300th GP this weekend and for that I am not very happy because it means that I'm old! But I'm happy because I am in good shape and I can still be very fast.”

Lorenzo aims to extend Mugello winning streak
The Gran Premio d'Italia TIM provides Jorge Lorenzo with the perfect chance to improve his championship position with a first victory of 2014.
Lorenzo arrives at one of his favourite circuits determined to continue his five-year unbroken Mugello podium run. The track that has seen him claim the last three consecutive premier class wins and two consecutive second place finishes prior to that.

Looking ahead to the sixth round of the year he stated, “Well, first of all I would like to forget what happened at Le Mans. There I couldn’t feel good on the bike and therefore we need to think about the future. I will never give up and continue working really hard to get ready when our moment comes.”

“Now we are going to visit some special tracks for me and I think we can change some things to stay in front. We need to try to fight for our first victory of the season. That would be great for all of us, the team and me. Mugello is a suitable scenario for me where I’ve made some good memories in the past few years. It’s a special track and the layout is fantastic for my style of riding. Hopefully we can find our way in Tuscany.”

Redding confident ahead of Tuscan visit
Scott Redding heads to round six of the MotoGP™ World Championship at Mugello with the same clear aim as he has had at every Grand Prix so far in 2014 - to finish Sunday’s race as the highest placed Honda RCV1000R rider.
It is a goal that the 21-year-old Briton has achieved twice already this season, once at the opening race in Qatar and again at Le Mans less than two weeks ago. To do it again in Italy would be great timing, given that the Gran Premio d'Italia TIM is a home round for the GO&FUN Honda Gresini team.

In the five races run so far this season, Redding has scored 18 points, just five less than fellow ‘Open’ Honda rider, and former MotoGP World Champion, Nicky Hayden.

Mugello is a track that Redding now counts amongst his favourites as it was the scene of a dominant performance last year, when he took a convincing victory in the Moto2™ race from pole position.

He also has some MotoGP experience at the track having tested a Ducati Desmosedici development bike there in 2012, completing a total of 127 laps over two days.

Regarding the track itself he states, “I never really used to like it but then I kind of let the track flow with me last year, so I felt quite comfortable. We had a big crash in FP3 last year but then we got pole and won the race, so I felt really confident there. I also tested a MotoGP bike there and also felt quite good.”

On the high top speeds reached on the main straight he admits, “The scariest part for me about riding a MotoGP bike there is the speed coming over the brow, you have to physically hold your body onto the bike, to stop you almost getting sucked off the back. That bit is quite difficult and then you are braking from a ridiculous speed, thinking ‘I’m not going to stop’, and then at the last minute when the carbon brakes are working really well you manage to get the bike stopped. The favourite part is all the changes of direction, if you can get it really good with this bike it is a really nice circuit.”

Getting the right set-up for the undulating layout is not easy according to Redding, who gave his technical perspective on preparing the bike for Mugello saying, “To have the bike changing direction well you need quite a lot of weight on the front, or quite a short bike. If you have a short bike you have more wheelie. If you put more weight on the front to get the rear up for changing direction you struggle to stop.”

“Also in Mugello you have some downhill braking, which is actually worse if you have a higher rear. So it’s quite hard to have a good set-up at this circuit to change direction, to not make it too hard for the rider, but also to be able to stop the bike at the end of the straight and going down to places like turn 4.”

Bautista ‘feet on the ground’ for Italy
Alvaro Bautista insists he will not allow his Le Mans podium to create a false sense of over-optimism as MotoGP™ moves on to Round 6 in Italy.
The Italian Grand Prix at Mugello marks an important weekend for Bautista, with this being the home event of the GO&FUN Honda Gresini team. With the Spaniard having finished third last time out in France, behind Marc Marquez and Valentino Rossi, he is now looking to maintain his run of good form.

"In Le Mans we had a great race, but we want to keep our feet firmly on the ground, so we look at Mugello with the same attitude as always: working step-by-step," Bautista comments on Tuesday. "The podium obtained in France, however, allows us to be more relaxed on a track with long, fast corners which might be difficult for us.

"Our bike has improved in several areas after the Jerez post-race test, especially regarding suspension and brakes: improvements which helped us on a track like Le Mans; if they also prove to be useful at Mugello, we can say that we start from a really good base. It will be difficult to get on the podium - we have to be realistic - but we will try to stay as close as possible to the factory bikes, as always."

Bautista’s rostrum result of Le Mans followed his first points of the season thanks to sixth place in Spain, which itself came after a troubling start to 2014 when the former 125 World Champion crashed out of the Qatar, Americas and Argentine Grands Prix.

"This Grand Prix is also really important for all the team, so it would be nice to get a good result in front of so many people who will come to support us: for the sponsors and for all the guys in the team," Bautista concludes ahead of Mugello.

Last edited by CBR Time; 05-28-2014 at 01:58 PM.
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-28-2014, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

All Times Eastern Time
30 May 2014
Moto3FP1
03:00 - 03:40
MotoGPFP1
03:55 - 04:40
Moto2FP1
04:55 - 05:40
Moto3FP2
07:10 - 07:50
MotoGPFP2
08:05 - 08:50
Moto2FP2
09:05 - 09:50
31 May 2014
Moto3FP3
03:00 - 03:40
MotoGPFP3
03:55 - 04:40
Moto2FP3
04:55 - 05:40
Moto3QP
06:35 - 07:15
MotoGPFP4
07:30 - 08:00
MotoGPQ1
08:10 - 08:25
MotoGPQ2
08:35 - 08:50
Moto2QP
09:05 - 09:50
1 June 2014
Moto3WUP
02:40 - 03:00
Moto2WUP
03:10 - 03:30
MotoGPWUP
03:40 - 04:00
Moto3RAC
05:00
Moto2RAC
06:20
MotoGPRAC
08:00
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-30-2014, 05:41 AM Thread Starter

FP1 Results:
1 93 Marc MARQUEZ SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 340.2 1'48.004
2 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha 340.9 1'48.386 0.382 / 0.382
3 29 Andrea IANNONE ITA Pramac Racing Ducati 347.2 1'48.434 0.430 / 0.048
4 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Ducati Team Ducati 343.8 1'48.518 0.514 / 0.084
5 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha 339.6 1'48.665 0.661 / 0.147
6 41 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA NGM Forward Racing Forward Yamaha 338.2 1'48.743 0.739 / 0.078
7 6 Stefan BRADL GER LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 339.4 1'48.925 0.921 / 0.182
8 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR Ducati Team Ducati 343.2 1'48.980 0.976 / 0.055
9 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA GO&FUN Honda Gresini Honda 341.5 1'49.030 1.026 / 0.050
10 38 Bradley SMITH GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 341.3 1'49.030 1.026
11 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 338.7 1'49.203 1.199 / 0.173
12 44 Pol ESPARGARO SPA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 340.1 1'49.308 1.304 / 0.105
13 5 Colin EDWARDS USA NGM Forward Racing Forward Yamaha 330.3 1'49.818 1.814 / 0.510
14 51 Michele PIRRO ITA Ducati Team Ducati 343.7 1'50.030 2.026 / 0.212
15 7 Hiroshi AOYAMA JPN Drive M7 Aspar Honda 326.9 1'50.143 2.139 / 0.113
16 68 Yonny HERNANDEZ COL Energy T.I. Pramac Racing Ducati 338.2 1'50.189 2.185 / 0.046
17 17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Cardion AB Motoracing Honda 328.2 1'50.327 2.323 / 0.138
18 45 Scott REDDING GBR GO&FUN Honda Gresini Honda 326.3 1'50.440 2.436 / 0.113
19 8 Hector BARBERA SPA Avintia Racing Avintia 320.3 1'51.396 3.392 / 0.956
20 63 Mike DI MEGLIO FRA Avintia Racing Avintia 327.1 1'52.164 4.160 / 0.768
21 70 Michael LAVERTY GBR Paul Bird Motorsport PBM 326.1 1'52.748 4.744 / 0.584
22 23 Broc PARKES AUS Paul Bird Motorsport PBM 317.3 1'53.775 5.771 / 1.027
23 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Drive M7 Aspar Honda 322.8 1'55.369 7.365 / 1.594
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-30-2014, 05:53 AM Thread Starter

Super Sic to be made a legend this weekend, still miss seeing him out there :(

Last edited by CBR Time; 05-30-2014 at 01:20 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to CBR Time For This Useful Post:
Rad Rage (05-30-2014)
post #11 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-30-2014, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

Simoncelli honoured as MotoGP™ Legend

Italian rider Marco Simoncelli was posthumously inducted into the Hall of Fame as a MotoGP™ Legend on Friday at the Gran Premio d'Italia TIM.
The 2008 250cc World Champion tragically lost his life on October 23rd, 2011, at the Sepang circuit following a crash on the second lap of the MotoGP race.

The Italian rider gained millions of fans worldwide with his charisma, ability and racing style, and in addition to becoming a World Champion he amassed 15 pole positions, 31 podiums and 14 victories across the three Grand Prix classes. 'SuperSic' is fondly remembered by the MotoGP community.

Dorna Sports CEO Carmelo Ezpeleta officially inducted Simoncelli into the MotoGP Legends Hall of Fame on Friday in Mugello, in the presence of the late rider’s father, Paolo.

The last rider to be inducted into the Hall of Fame was Casey Stoner, at Phillip Island last year and Simoncelli is the 21st rider to become a MotoGP™ Legend, joining compatriots such as Giacomo Agostini and Carlo Ubbiali on the list of illustrious names.

Vales Leathers this weekend, awesome tribute to his ol pal

Last edited by CBR Time; 05-30-2014 at 08:55 AM.
post #12 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-30-2014, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

Rain affects Friday afternoon practice

As the premier class action on the opening day of the 2014 Gran Premio d’Italia TIM concluded at Mugello, light rain restricted the riders’ activity – with Marc Marquez fastest on Friday courtesy of his FP1 best time.
Some late timed laps in FP2 for the MotoGP™ riders saw Ducati Team’s test rider and wild card this weekend Michele Pirro top with a 2’05.435 in the mixed conditions, with only Nicky Hayden (Drive M7 Aspar), Alvaro Bautista (GO&FUN Honda Gresini) and Hiroshi Aoyama (Drive M7 Aspar) joining him on a relatively meaningless afternoon timesheet.

If it rains again for FP3 the faster times from FP1 will dictate Q1 and Q2 participation and World Champion Marquez led the way in that morning session with a 1’48.004 best time, from Valentino Rossi (Movistar Yamaha MotoGP) who was second by 0.382s.

Andrea Iannone (Pramac Racing) and Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) made it three Italians in the FP1 top five which was completed by Jorge Lorenzo (Movistar Yamaha MotoGP).

The day’s top ten was completed Aleix Espargaro (NGM Forward Racing), Stefan Bradl (LCR Honda MotoGP), Cal Crutchlow (Ducati Team), the aforementioned Bautista and Bradley Smith (Monster Yamaha Tech3) courtesy of their respective FP1 times.

Bautista and Pol Espargaro (Monster Yamaha Tech3) both escaped without serious injuries from big turn 1 crashes in FP1, Espargaro still learning his MotoGP lines at Mugello and Bautista high siding as he slowed to avoid contact with Karel Abraham.
post #13 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

FP3 Results:
1 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 340.0 1'47.754
2 93 Marc MARQUEZ SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 339.5 1'48.015 0.261 / 0.261
3 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Ducati Team Ducati 343.7 1'48.017 0.263 / 0.002
4 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha 337.6 1'48.028 0.274 / 0.011
5 38 Bradley SMITH GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 341.2 1'48.142 0.388 / 0.114
6 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha 339.4 1'48.155 0.401 / 0.013
7 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR Ducati Team Ducati 345.4 1'48.275 0.521 / 0.120
8 44 Pol ESPARGARO SPA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 340.6 1'48.373 0.619 / 0.098
9 6 Stefan BRADL GER LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 342.2 1'48.416 0.662 / 0.043
10 29 Andrea IANNONE ITA Pramac Racing Ducati 349.6 1'48.435 0.681 / 0.019
11 41 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA NGM Forward Racing Forward Yamaha 329.4 1'48.496 0.742 / 0.061
12 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA GO&FUN Honda Gresini Honda 343.5 1'48.639 0.885 / 0.143
13 51 Michele PIRRO ITA Ducati Team Ducati 343.5 1'48.993 1.239 / 0.354
14 45 Scott REDDING GBR GO&FUN Honda Gresini Honda 325.0 1'49.299 1.545 / 0.306
15 68 Yonny HERNANDEZ COL Energy T.I. Pramac Racing Ducati 337.2 1'49.639 1.885 / 0.340
16 17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Cardion AB Motoracing Honda 327.5 1'49.711 1.957 / 0.072
17 5 Colin EDWARDS USA NGM Forward Racing Forward Yamaha 331.5 1'49.928 2.174 / 0.217
18 7 Hiroshi AOYAMA JPN Drive M7 Aspar Honda 327.3 1'50.430 2.676 / 0.502
19 8 Hector BARBERA SPA Avintia Racing Avintia 323.5 1'50.757 3.003 / 0.327
20 63 Mike DI MEGLIO FRA Avintia Racing Avintia 324.2 1'51.542 3.788 / 0.785
21 70 Michael LAVERTY GBR Paul Bird Motorsport PBM 320.6 1'51.674 3.920 / 0.132
22 23 Broc PARKES AUS Paul Bird Motorsport PBM 311.5 1'52.422 4.668 / 0.748
23 84 Michel FABRIZIO ITA Octo IodaRacing Team ART 316.9 1'54.667 6.913 / 2.245

FP4 Results:
1 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 340.4 1'47.940
2 93 Marc MARQUEZ SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 341.5 1'48.005 0.065 / 0.065
3 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha 339.8 1'48.106 0.166 / 0.101
4 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha 337.9 1'48.126 0.186 / 0.020
5 29 Andrea IANNONE ITA Pramac Racing Ducati 346.0 1'48.151 0.211 / 0.025
6 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Ducati Team Ducati 342.3 1'48.313 0.373 / 0.162
7 41 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA NGM Forward Racing Forward Yamaha 334.2 1'48.366 0.426 / 0.053
8 44 Pol ESPARGARO SPA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 342.2 1'48.571 0.631 / 0.205
9 6 Stefan BRADL GER LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 339.5 1'48.699 0.759 / 0.128
10 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR Ducati Team Ducati 343.6 1'48.760 0.820 / 0.061
11 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA GO&FUN Honda Gresini Honda 338.1 1'48.830 0.890 / 0.070
12 38 Bradley SMITH GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 336.5 1'48.957 1.017 / 0.127
13 17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Cardion AB Motoracing Honda 331.5 1'49.043 1.103 / 0.086
14 68 Yonny HERNANDEZ COL Energy T.I. Pramac Racing Ducati 339.4 1'49.530 1.590 / 0.487
15 7 Hiroshi AOYAMA JPN Drive M7 Aspar Honda 326.3 1'49.712 1.772 / 0.182
16 45 Scott REDDING GBR GO&FUN Honda Gresini Honda 322.9 1'49.760 1.820 / 0.048
17 51 Michele PIRRO ITA Ducati Team Ducati 341.1 1'49.762 1.822 / 0.002
18 5 Colin EDWARDS USA NGM Forward Racing Forward Yamaha 326.4 1'50.428 2.488 / 0.666
19 8 Hector BARBERA SPA Avintia Racing Avintia 320.0 1'50.644 2.704 / 0.216
20 63 Mike DI MEGLIO FRA Avintia Racing Avintia 324.6 1'51.134 3.194 / 0.490
21 70 Michael LAVERTY GBR Paul Bird Motorsport PBM 322.8 1'51.234 3.294 / 0.100
22 23 Broc PARKES AUS Paul Bird Motorsport PBM 318.6 1'51.933 3.993 / 0.699
23 84 Michel FABRIZIO ITA Octo IodaRacing Team ART 313.2 1'54.208 6.268 / 2.275
69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Drive M7 Aspar Honda
post #14 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

Q1 Results:
1 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA GO&FUN Honda Gresini Honda 333.9 1'48.312
2 41 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA NGM Forward Racing Forward Yamaha 327.0 1'48.580 0.268 / 0.268
3 68 Yonny HERNANDEZ COL Energy T.I. Pramac Racing Ducati 338.6 1'48.722 0.410 / 0.142
4 45 Scott REDDING GBR GO&FUN Honda Gresini Honda 319.0 1'48.754 0.442 / 0.032
5 51 Michele PIRRO ITA Ducati Team Ducati 338.6 1'48.794 0.482 / 0.040
6 17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Cardion AB Motoracing Honda 325.6 1'48.894 0.582 / 0.100
7 7 Hiroshi AOYAMA JPN Drive M7 Aspar Honda 325.0 1'49.505 1.193 / 0.611
8 5 Colin EDWARDS USA NGM Forward Racing Forward Yamaha 325.5 1'49.780 1.468 / 0.275
9 8 Hector BARBERA SPA Avintia Racing Avintia 317.7 1'49.932 1.620 / 0.152
10 70 Michael LAVERTY GBR Paul Bird Motorsport PBM 320.9 1'50.505 2.193 / 0.573
11 63 Mike DI MEGLIO FRA Avintia Racing Avintia 320.5 1'50.515 2.203 / 0.010
12 23 Broc PARKES AUS Paul Bird Motorsport PBM 316.6 1'50.875 2.563 / 0.360
13 84 Michel FABRIZIO ITA Octo IodaRacing Team ART 314.9 1'53.116 4.804 / 2.241
69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Drive M7 Aspar Honda

Q2 Results: YET AGAIN MM93 on POLE!!! and how about IANNONE!! nice VR46 disappointing P10

1 93 Marc MARQUEZ SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 337.0 1'47.270
2 29 Andrea IANNONE ITA Pramac Racing Ducati 341.9 1'47.450 0.180 / 0.180
3 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha 332.8 1'47.521 0.251 / 0.071
4 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 340.0 1'47.584 0.314 / 0.063
5 44 Pol ESPARGARO SPA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 336.5 1'47.612 0.342 / 0.028
6 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR Ducati Team Ducati 340.1 1'47.659 0.389 / 0.047
7 38 Bradley SMITH GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 337.0 1'47.681 0.411 / 0.022
8 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Ducati Team Ducati 339.4 1'47.754 0.484 / 0.073
9 6 Stefan BRADL GER LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 342.9 1'47.765 0.495 / 0.011
10 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha 336.0 1'47.791 0.521 / 0.026
11 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA GO&FUN Honda Gresini Honda 339.6 1'48.132 0.862 / 0.341
12 41 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA NGM Forward Racing Forward Yamaha 337.3 1'48.218 0.948 / 0.086
post #15 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

Flying Iannone breaks MotoGP™ top speed record and nears 350kph
Pramac Racing’s Andrea Iannone set a new official top speed record for the MotoGP™ World Championship on Saturday at the Gran Premio d'Italia TIM, as he flew through the speed trap at 349.6kph in FP3.
Squeezing the maximum from his 1000cc Ducati GP14 Iannone therefore officially becomes the fastest rider ever on a MotoGP bike.

The Italian rider just eclipsed the previous record for the championship (349.288kph) which was also set at Mugello, by Repsol Honda rider Dani Pedrosa in 2009 - in the FP1 at the Italian circuit.

That time by Pedrosa was set on a 800cc machine and was some 6kph quicker than the previous record for a Grand Prix, set by Makoto Tamada on a 990cc Honda at the Shanghai circuit back in 2006.

Hayden unable to continue at Mugello That's too bad.
DRIVE M7 Aspar’s Nicky Hayden was unable to ride at Mugello on Saturday due to wrist pain and plans to undergo surgery in Italy on Tuesday.
After completing just 11 laps on Friday Hayden took the decision just moments before FP3 at the Gran Premio d'Italia TIM that he will take no further part in the sixth round of the MotoGP™ World Championship.

The American has suffered with the problem since round four in Spain but treatment in between races has allowed him to continue racing. However, at such a demanding circuit as Mugello the swelling and pain became unbearable and the best option for 'The Kentucky Kid' was to pull out.

Hayden is scheduled to undergo arthroscopic surgery at 8am next Tuesday in Italy. The exploratory operation will be conducted by hand specialist Riccardo Luchetti, who will hopefully be able to identify the cause of the problem whilst cleaning up the affected area and reducing the swelling so that Hayden can return to competitive action as soon as possible.

The former MotoGP World Champion explained, “My wrist isn't getting any better so as hard a decision as it is to take the best thing for me is to listen to the doctors and skip this race. We need to stop thinking about riding and start thinking about a plan for the operation next week and my subsequent recovery. Mugello is a fast and physical circuit at the best of times but with the pain and loss of strength in my right hand it was getting really difficult to brake properly and it was risky to continue.”

“It is a shame to miss any race but especially Mugello, a circuit I love. It's also a shame for the team because we are really starting to build something together and we are understanding how to make progress more quickly during the weekend. My mechanics are working hard to make things easy for me and to give me the chance to get faster. I feel bad to miss this round, for the team and the sponsors.”
post #16 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014, 09:47 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wow. Very surprised by VR in 10th. And lookout! Bautista is right behind him lol! Anyways, congrats to MM. And it's nice to see the top 3 made up of the 3 factory teams.

2006 F4I yellow/black R.I.P
2012 CBR600RR red/white SOLD
post #17 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014, 10:47 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxbomber View Post
Wow. Very surprised by VR in 10th. And lookout! Bautista is right behind him lol! Anyways, congrats to MM. And it's nice to see the top 3 made up of the 3 factory teams.

I'll be holding my breath.

2011 CBR600RR 'X-Ray' Build Thread
https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=294795

Co-President of Team46

"My bike is too fast for the track" Ubercool ZX-14R rider.
post #18 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014, 10:49 AM
BOTM Winner 04/14

Garage
Very disappointed with VR qualifying result. On the other hand, it's good to see JL back in the game. Let's see how this goes, but something tells me that MM will just disappear in the sunset. Again

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #19 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014, 11:08 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GConn View Post
Very disappointed with VR qualifying result. On the other hand, it's good to see JL back in the game. Let's see how this goes, but something tells me that MM will just disappear in the sunset. Again

Likewise, but something tells me that he will definitely podium.

2011 CBR600RR 'X-Ray' Build Thread
https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=294795

Co-President of Team46

"My bike is too fast for the track" Ubercool ZX-14R rider.
post #20 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014, 11:23 AM
BOTM winner 03/15

Garage
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxbomber View Post
it's nice to see the top 3 made up of the 3 factory teams.

I wouldn't call Iannones pramac a factory bike...

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

UK '08 CBR600RR build thread: link *SOLD*
BOTM Winner 03/15

post #21 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GConn View Post

haha yeah no doubt, he will likely not get the hole shot, JL will prob. MM doesnt mind hanging back a bit for the first few laps anyways lol. Hope VR can get a good start though!
post #22 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

Marquez takes pole to extend perfect run
Having taken MotoGP™ pole at the Gran Premio d’Italia TIM on Saturday afternoon Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) heads the grid again for Sunday’s sixth race of the year, with Andrea Iannone (Pramac Racing) and Jorge Lorenzo (Movistar Yamaha MotoGP) also featuring on the front row.
A 1’47.270 lap gave Marquez his sixth consecutive pole this year and his seventh successive top grid spot including Valencia last year, as his perfect form continued.
An excellent effort from Iannone (+0.18s) saw him show his pace again to get his first premier class front row start, the perfect response to his two recent DNF results and an ideal performance from an Italian rider on an Italian bike at the Gran Premio d'Italia TIM.

Lorenzo got his third row one result of the year in third place, meanwhile, as he lapped a quarter of a second off Marquez.

Dani Pedrosa (Repsol Honda) still holds the pole record at Mugello with his 1'47.157s time from last year - and he qualified in fourth position with a late lap 0.314s from today’s pole.

A big crash on an out lap ended Monster Yamaha Tech3 rider Pol Espargaro’s session early as he went down at turn nine and was clearly annoyed, but the Spaniard was unhurt and still ended up 5th on the grid.

A good qualifying result for Cal Crutchlow (Ducati Team) in sixth saw him outperform teammate Andrea Dovizioso who was eighth.

Sandwiching Dovizioso on the third row are Bradley Smith (Monster Yamaha Tech3) and Stefan Bradl (LCR Honda MotoGP) in seventh and ninth places respectively, with all three qualifying within 0.5s of pole.

Valentino Rossi (Movistar Yamaha MotoGP) did not get the Q2 result he wanted as he qualified down in 10th for his 300th Grand Prix race.

Alvaro Bautista (GO&FUN Honda Gresini) and Aleix Espargaro (NGM Forward Racing) made it through from Q1 but were ultimately 11th and 12th.
post #23 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

Espargaro fifth but suffers second big Mugello crash
Monster Yamaha Tech3 rider Pol Espargaro produced another strong qualifying lap to ensure he will start the Gran Premio d’Italia TIM from fifth position, despite a late fall in Q2.
The Spanish rider was immediately up to pace during FP3 and comfortably set a best time of 1’48.373 which saw him finish eighth, progressing straight through to the second qualifying session for the fifth time in just his sixth MotoGP™ race.

His knowledge and confidence around the fast and technical 5245 metre Mugello circuit grew with each lap, which was important due to the loss of time because of the weather conditions in FP2 and he dug deep in Q2, attacking immediately.

His first run ensured the Spanish rookie’s best personal time of 1’47.612min was enough to cement a start on the second row with his impressive performance only 0.342 from pole position. Afterwards the reigning Moto2™ World Champion unluckily paid for his inexperience with a fall while going out for his second run, which prevented Espargaro from lowering his lap time anymore.

It was the second big crash of the weekend for him, but nevertheless the young Spaniard remains confident to battle for another high scoring points finish during Sunday’s premier class race.

Espargaro commented “I am pretty happy with P5 but at the same time I think we were a little lucky that nobody beat my lap time after I fell off. With regards to fall it was a rookie crash as I was too keen to get going and ride fast a bit too fast on the new tyres which were cold. I pushed a little to warm them up but then fell at the fast corner.”

“Still, I feel comfortable with the bike and together with the team we are building my own Yamaha. Also, I am still recovering in confidence since the injury at Qatar but overall am feeling quite happy. It will be a difficult race for sure especially at the start but I feel good with the bike so I look forward to a positive race.”

His teammate Bradley Smith produced a resolute display to score seventh place on the grid for Sunday’s 23-lap sprint. He said, “I am pleased with my qualifying performances today and especially this morning’s FP3 session where I had a great feeling on the bike and some positive work was undertaken. We need to make a good setting for sector three but on the whole I am happy t
o be competitive and back riding a bike I enjoy and understand, so I am excited for the race tomorrow.”

Crutchlow registers best 2014 qualifying result
Ducati Team riders Cal Crutchlow and Andrea Dovizioso will start from the second and third row of the grid respectively for the Italian Grand Prix.
In the fifteen minutes of Q2 Crutchlow lapped in 1’47.659, setting the sixth quickest time, which is also his best result so far in qualifying this year.

Crutchlow commented, “It was a positive qualifying session, we needed to improve this weekend and we have. FP4 was not what we expected, we went in the wrong direction with the bike, and we had no time to change it back to how I wanted so I was pleasantly surprised with qualifying.”

“I think we did a good job and I’m not too far off the front row, but I made a small mistake as well in the lap and could have improved even more. Ducati have worked hard this weekend, we have a strong engine to take some advantage in some places of the track, now we need to calm it down a bit through the chicanes and work on the setting for the race.”

Dovizioso was unable to complete a clean lap in the decisive session, but remains optimistic about Sunday’s race. “We did a good job today in the FP4 session, lapping with a good pace on the race tyre and I think we can be pretty satisfied in view of the race,” stated the Italian.

“In qualifying however I was unable to get 100% out of the bike and unfortunately, as we are all pretty close together, I will start from row 3. But if I can get a good start I think I can do a good race.”

Lorenzo on front row again for Italian contest
Movistar Yamaha MotoGP’s Jorge Lorenzo has secured his third front row start of 2014, in third place for Sunday’s Gran Premio D’Italia TIM race.
The Mallorcan has shown a strong pace at one of his favourite tracks all weekend, but was unable to break Marc Marquez’ (Repsol Honda) streak of six pole positions. A 1’47.521s at the beginning of his second run was enough to secure third.

Andrea Iannone (Pramac Racing) took advantage of the extra soft Open tyres to claim second position at his home Grand Prix, with Lorenzo just 0.071s behind the Italian. Teammate Valentino Rossi was down in 10th and just over 0.200s slower than Lorenzo.

It is Lorenzo’s third front row of 2014, a season that has got off to a difficult start for the double MotoGP™ World Champion. He will be looking to secure his first win of the season and continue his Mugello race domination on Sunday.

“We’re satisfied with this third place. It’s more or less second place because the Open class have the extra soft tyre that helps them. I’m very happy. More than that I am happy about my physical condition, as it has returned to the level of last year. I can keep a constant pace for more than a few laps,” he reflected.

Looking ahead to the race he said, “We’ve been in the front row more times than the podium, let’s hope we can be there again. Circumstances are different to last year so it’s more difficult to be in front, but little-by-little we keep adapting, to be as competitive as possible.”
post #24 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Vales lid for this weekend, haha,
http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/moto...v-helmet-2014/

Last edited by Moeman; 06-01-2014 at 11:40 PM.
Moeman (05-31-2014)
post #25 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

MM killing the corners as usual

Last edited by CBR Time; 05-31-2014 at 02:08 PM.
Moeman (05-31-2014)
post #26 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014, 02:01 PM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
From faces to animals now it's food leave it to Vale & Drudi to come up with such paint schemes I like pasta on a dish not on a helmet Grazie

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #27 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014, 02:02 PM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
My goodness how low can MM get and still maintain grip he is simply killing it in physics

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #28 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

post #29 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moeman View Post
From faces to animals now it's food leave it to Vale & Drudi to come up with such paint schemes I like pasta on a dish not on a helmet Grazie
lol i know eh. Not sure if this one will be sold?
post #30 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 01:32 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Up late, ready for this race. Hope to see more challenging competition for MM this week. Thanks for all the info updates CBR Time! Hope everyone has a good start to their Sunday!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page