Crutchlow to ride with CWM-LCR Honda in 2015 - 600RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-02-2014, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
Crutchlow to ride with CWM-LCR Honda in 2015

Crutchlow to ride with CWM-LCR Honda in 2015

The LCR Honda Team is pleased to officially announce that British rider Cal Crutchlow will join Cecchinello's squad in 2015 Moto GP campaign riding the Honda RC213V Factory Spec.

The 29-year-old from Isle of Man will compete in the premier class for the fifth year counting on Honda HRC support and the brand-new LCR Main Sponsor CWM.

Lucio Cecchinello (LCR CEO): "We want to thank Cal for his trust in our 2015 racing project and we are excited to line up with new Team colours thanks to the cooperation with CWM. In the mean time we will keep working hard to end the current season in the best way”.

Anthony Costantinou (CWM CEO): “The 2015 Moto GP season is looking to be a very exciting one, CWM-LCR Honda are very happy and pleased to have Cal Crutchlow on our new bike and new team colours. Cal is a professional, reliable, and top performer as CWMFX.COM is. Perfect synergy”.

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-03-2014, 08:28 AM
05/16 BOTM Winner / Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Good for Cal. Seemed like the ducatis didn't fit his style and results show it. So where does this leave Bradle.? Moto 2?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2014, 03:17 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by teetopps View Post
Good for Cal. Seemed like the ducatis didn't fit his style and results show it. So where does this leave Bradle.? Moto 2?
From what I took on the switch, LCR will be using two bikes for the next season... But things could change again.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2014, 05:46 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 400kg View Post
From what I took on the switch, LCR will be using two bikes for the next season... But things could change again.
The second bike will be open, and it doesn't sound like it's going to be Bradl's ride.

12 Daytona 675
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2014, 06:00 PM
BOTY 2014 Winner

Thanked 1,047 Times in 853 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Bad move LCR.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2014, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
LCR’s Cecchinello on Crutchlow and two-bike team

Just two days after announcing that Cal Crutchlow will ride for his team next year, Lucio Cecchinello spoke with moto gp in order to discuss the signing of the English rider and the plan to run two bikes during the 2015 season.

From the start of next year, the Monaco-based outfit will be rebranded as CWM-LCR Honda. Not only will Crutchlow join, but Cecchinello also confirms that he will be running an Open specification machine alongside Crutchlow’s Factory Option bike.

When did you decide to focus on Crutchlow and how did negotiations develop?
Our goal was always to make an ambitious programme for next year, with that dream becoming a reality thanks to a new British sponsor in CWM, a leader in the financial sector. We signed the contract in late July and from then on we knew we had the opportunity to field two bikes. The sponsor confirmed their will to race with Stefan Bradl, to whom we made an offer at the end of July. He told us he needed more time because he wanted to evaluate all of the offers he had; I realised his interest had begun to waver and I didn’t want our new sponsor to lose interest. So we started turning our gaze to the top riders on the market, exploring all of the options. Among them was Cal Crutchlow and we had already been in contact with his manager, Bob Moore, since early July. We then resumed the talks and everybody agreed to the terms very quickly, within a few days.

What was it about Crutchlow that convinced you he was the rider to go with?
In 2013, Cal had an excellent season with four podium finishes and two pole positions (with Monster Yamaha Tech 3), and so I believed he was a viable alternative to Stefan, despite currently going through a difficult season with Ducati and not being as comfortable on that bike as he was on the Yamaha. I believe that, with him, our team can return to the highest level and the objective is to be up there with the best of them.

How many seasons does Crutchlow’s new contract cover? And will he be bringing any of his technical staff with him?
The contract signed is for the 2015 season; then there is an option on our side for 2016, based mainly on results, and of course there is also the HRC side to consider. As far as technical staff are concerned, we will start looking into that from Indianapolis onwards.

Can you now say how many bikes you will be running in 2015?
We are looking to run one Factory Option bike and then a second bike to Open specification; however, with the latter we are yet to confirm either the programme or the rider. However, our priority was to have the Factory Option bike and a competitive rider, as desired by the sponsor.

Some paddock rumours continue to link current Moto3™ championship leader Jack Miller with an LCR Moto GP ride…
Jack Miller has certainly been approached by Honda, but I am not aware of the status of any negotiations. Once the programme is defined, it would be up to HRC to place him in one of the available positions. LCR would be one of the possibilities, but that decision would be up to the people involved.

All of this means that, after three seasons, you will end your working relationship with Stefan Bradl.

How do you sum it up?
LCR has existed since 1996 and, without doubt, Stefan is the rider with whom we have worked best. He is a very serious, precise and sensitive guy who has demonstrated that he is able to develop a bike and show consistent results. On many occasions he has brought us home valuable points, as opposed to crashing and not scoring anything. He has brought me a lot of emotion and I hope to experience a lot more before the end of the year. He is a rider who will always remain close to heart.

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Last edited by Moeman; 08-04-2014 at 09:41 PM.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-05-2014, 03:02 AM
Moto GP Racer

The influence of the new sponsor is quite obvious here. There is no way Crutchlow will outperform Bradl.

2011 CBR600RR 'X-Ray' Build Thread
https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=294795

Co-President of Team46

"My bike is too fast for the track" Ubercool ZX-14R rider.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-05-2014, 06:31 AM
BOTM Winner 8/12 / Super Moderator

Thanked 1,043 Times in 921 Posts
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
i wish Cal the best of luck, should be interesting
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-05-2014, 08:31 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad Rage View Post
The influence of the new sponsor is quite obvious here. There is no way Crutchlow will outperform Bradl.
Agreed on this... Oh well though, they gotta learn the hard way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400kg View Post
I was wrong, and this really sucks for Bradl...
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-06-2014, 05:21 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
I don't see how you can think that. Bradl rode the bike the way a Yamaha should be ridden. Crutchlow rides loose and doesn't mind the bike getting out of step a little. I think the switch for both is perfect. Bradl probably could use a full M1 and not the "customer" bike but how many more years on a prototype Honda does he need to prove he doesn't work with the bike?

12 Daytona 675
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014, 03:07 AM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdel View Post
I don't see how you can think that. Bradl rode the bike the way a Yamaha should be ridden. Crutchlow rides loose and doesn't mind the bike getting out of step a little. I think the switch for both is perfect. Bradl probably could use a full M1 and not the "customer" bike but how many more years on a prototype Honda does he need to prove he doesn't work with the bike?
Time will tell.

I'm not saying they should have stayed with Bradl, I'm saying they should have gone with someone other than Crutchlow, Aleix would have been a better pick.

I hope Bradl gets a competitive bike, and performs better than he did at LCR.

2011 CBR600RR 'X-Ray' Build Thread
https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=294795

Co-President of Team46

"My bike is too fast for the track" Ubercool ZX-14R rider.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014, 08:23 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Time will tell.

I'm not saying they should have stayed with Bradl, I'm saying they should have gone with someone other than Crutchlow, Aleix would have been a better pick.

I hope Bradl gets a competitive bike, and performs better than he did at LCR.
Right, but Aleix needs a factory ride. Something they will build around him. The LCR Honda isn't going to be built around him.

12 Daytona 675
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page