Smith ready to fight for Tech 3 MotoGP seat - 600RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-06-2014, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
Smith ready to fight for Tech 3 MotoGP seat

Bradley Smith is ready to fight for his MotoGP future during the final nine rounds of this year's world championship.

With the factory Honda and Ducati teams having announced their 2015 line-ups, and Movistar Yamaha set to confirm Jorge Lorenzo alongside Valentino Rossi, Smith's Tech 3 Yamaha ride is arguably the most competitive seat still up for grabs.

The Englishman starts the second half of the season just eleventh in the world championship, four places and 19 points behind rookie team-mate Pol Espargaro, despite showing promising pace in practice and testing. Espargaro's present Yamaha contract runs to the end of 2015.

“The next nine races starting on Sunday are crucial to my future as a MotoGP rider. I'm really up for it and know what I've got to do,” said Smith.

“My injuries have healed well and it's down to me and me only to prove to everybody I deserve a place in the team. The pace has been there all season and I've just to relate that into race results starting at Indianapolis.”

Smith's chances of keeping the satellite M1 ride for a third season have been helped by the decision of many leading Moto2 and Moto3 competitors - the kind of riders Tech 3 boss Herve Poncharal has identified as the biggest threat to Smith's place - to remain in the smaller classes.

So far, only Moto2 race winner Maverick Vinales (Suzuki) and Moto3 title leader Jack Miller (Honda) are still being closely linked to a 2015 MotoGP move.

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014, 09:30 AM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Bradley seems to be a little hit and miss this season. Great pace at times but has a hard time keeping it on the track. Id like to see him stay around. Looks like the potential is there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page