Turkish Motogp ..............> Spoiler!!! - 600RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Turkish Motogp ..............> Spoiler!!!

for those of you who are hoping that nicky will win this race you're in for a disappointment but he is now the points leader, Melandri stole the last lap from Stoner to take the win, Pedrosa crashes out on the last lap while battling it out with the other 2, Nicky couldn't keep pace with the 3 but was handed 3rd place when Pedrosa crashed out, Rossi worked his way up to 4th past the Suzukis & Ducatis.

1st Melandri

2nd Stoner

3rd Hayden

4th Rossi

2003 CBR 600RR JDM
HRC ECU AMA spec
HRC radiator
Electrex World race alternator
WP 4618 rear shock
WP 1508 steering damper
Ohlins 9.0N fork springs
Overrev tuned fork cartridges
Akrapovic Evo Carbon FS
Dynojet PCV WB2 POD300
BMC race air filter
AFAM 15/47 sprockets
DID VX2 520 gold chain
Brembo 19RCS MC
HEL brakelines
Euro Racing riser plates & lever
HM Plus quickshifter
EVR CTS slipper clutch
BST CF wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 11:29 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Some things to take from the race:

1. It looked to me like Hopper made a conscious decision to run the leading pace and show total disregard for killing his rear tire. I guess running up front for 5 laps and then finishing in the back is better than finishing mid-pack. By contrast, Vermeulen conserved and finished 5th(?) or was it 6th, either way, much better than Hopkins. I really wish they'd give JH a bike already.

2. Casey Stoner - great race and I don't want to take anything away, but how in the hell did you not know Melandri was coming up the inside at the braking area before the last section? I'm screaming at the monitor to "move over!"... he did, but no where near far enough. The trick is to balk all the way to the inside and then move back out while braking, short of a banzai move it's impossible to pass. That's what he will improve on to become a consistent winner.

3. Marco Melandri - Watching him reminded me of something Barry Sanders once said when asked why he never celebrated after touchdowns : "Well, when I get to the endzone it should look like I've been there before... because I have. There's no need for it." Well Marco could learn from Barry. 3 or 4 times I was on the edge of my seat thinking he was going to wad it on the cool down lap... wheelies down pit lane? stoppies down pit lane? Wheelies veering off to the last inch of the track? I know someone will say "what about Rossi", but it's totally different. Rossi has class... Melandri apparently has none.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 12:31 PM
gee
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD crew off their meds!!

great race all up, vermulin=7th couldnt hold the pace.stoner, wot can ya say the kid has class.. a real racer to the core. how bummed did hayden look on the podium. he leads the points table and he looked like his dog had just died!honda 123, with the 250 kids pressing super hard this is moto racing.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 05:49 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee
great race all up, vermulin=7th couldnt hold the pace.stoner, wot can ya say the kid has class.. a real racer to the core. how bummed did hayden look on the podium. he leads the points table and he looked like his dog had just died!honda 123, with the 250 kids pressing super hard this is moto racing.
Great racing indeed, very exciting, Hayden lucked out thats why he looked like his dog died. Not trying to take anything away from him, but if it wasnt for Pedrosa crashing out on the last lap Nicky wouldnt have made it to the podium.
He actually just barely hung onto 3rd, Rossi and Elias were right up his ass at the end, one more lap and I bet rossi would have overtaken him.
Giberanau was doing pretty good for a while, how did he end up at 11th?
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 06:20 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

This race was awesome. I just wish the broadcast had better cameras.

madbrown75 on adding Acetone to your gasoline:
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbrown75 View Post
"I'll try it and let you guys know. I am not scared."

07' 600RR Red/Black
Akrapovic Slipon ~ Motovation Axle & Fork Sliders ~ Shogun Frame Sliders ~ Puig Screen ~ OEM Cowl ~ Sylvania SS Bulbs ~ Modded Hotbodies Flushies ~ PC'ed Rearsets, Heatshield, Levers & Pass Pegs ~ LP Rear Blinkers ~ Painted Subframe ~
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 06:23 PM

Yep for sure, Rossi would have taken Nicky. Although maybe Nicky knew exactly where they were behind him.

Great race though, man the punk kids are really steppin' up. Stoner is awesome, should be a great season.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 07:09 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fooldog01
I just wish the broadcast had better cameras.
+1
Like on the mo to gp dot com videos, they always have those awesome cameras on the bikes and such. I wish speed broadcasted them. Right before the race started they did show 1 camera on the back of nicky's bike where the seat cowl would be, faced forwards.

2006 Honda CBR600RR, Red/Black
Daily Driver.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 07:23 PM

That was a great race...anyone have a link to Nicky's post race interview, lost volume on the TV during that...just wanted to hear what he said about it.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 08:09 PM
World Superbike Racer

the race was insane. first one I've seen in a while cause I odn't have speed channel at school, so I stayed at my parents house to watch it before coming back up. I loved every minute of it... I feel bad for pedrossa because he had been having trouble early in the race with the braking... he tried to over take melandri and overshot one corner on like lap 5 or 6 i think. Great racing though... haydens gotta get his sh!t together..> I love him and all but damn man, get on the pace!!!

as for the honda 123, I'm glad to see that they're finally getting some real riding talent to showcase the power of the bike.

post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 08:53 PM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyCBR
That was a great race...anyone have a link to Nicky's post race interview, lost volume on the TV during that...just wanted to hear what he said about it.
I think he said something about his tirewarmer over heating and melting to his calipers, so he didn't trust his brakes.

THE SECRET TO LIFE, ARE THE CHOICES WE MAKE!!
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 09:03 PM
Brown at your service

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The Ducatis and Suzukis are bringing it this year. Starting on the first row, glad to see they couldn't hold it.

"For me, the problem is that big part of MotoGP riders now are pussies,"Rossi declared. "In the past, this is normal, the riders were more like real men. Now it is more like they are children."

http://www.youtube.com/user/bobbybrown3022
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 09:09 PM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyCBR
ask and you shall recieve check out this link
loaded with videos from the race enjoy
https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=47633

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 09:35 PM

Everyone knows im a massive Stoner fan, so i was holding my breath for the last two laps and was screaming to cover the inside on that left hander, melandri pulled that move a few times in the race. He is learning fast though, didnt fry his rear, stayed smooth and kept his cool. This is going to be an awesome season. Hat goes off to Pedrosa too though, the boy was flying to come from 16th. GO CASEY!
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 11:17 PM
gee

knew you would be happy, hahaha two weeks is too long to wait, thank god there is f1 and sbk as well... tight results, no one called this at the start of the season.if they can stay injury free, yeah!!
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 12:18 AM

this was a nail bitter for sure......
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 12:32 AM
crotch_rocket_pilot

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCSEX122
I really wish they'd give JH a bike already.
Amen brother!

And I have to mention (because I'm not sure how long it will last...) Hayden leads the standings baby!
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 12:40 AM
OG

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
what a great race!!!!

post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCSEX122
Some things to take from the race:
Well Marco could learn from Barry. 3 or 4 times I was on the edge of my seat thinking he was going to wad it on the cool down lap... wheelies down pit lane? stoppies down pit lane? Wheelies veering off to the last inch of the track? I know someone will say "what about Rossi", but it's totally different. Rossi has class... Melandri apparently has none.
what channel did you watch the race on? SpeedTV did not show any of this..

Great race BTW.. I wss rooting for Pedrosa.. He almost won it.. But, Casey was impressive. Marco was as expected. But the real winner was ... HONDA.. Ttheyr are kind of proving their theory that you don't need a Rossi to win races if you have superior machines.
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 04:52 PM
Superbike racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crvlvr
But the real winner was ... HONDA.. Ttheyr are kind of proving their theory that you don't need a Rossi to win races if you have superior machines.
Did you watch the past two seasons? I would not count Rossi and yamaha out just yet.

CCS EX#100
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 06:35 PM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTuna
Did you watch the past two seasons? I would not count Rossi and yamaha out just yet.
Even though i am a big time HoNda and cheer for all the Honda Racers i wont by any means count Rossi & Bergess & Yamaha out of the equation yet there is 13 more races left and its a long battle & the Yamaha clan will fight for evrey point

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 08:31 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fooldog01
This race was awesome. I just wish the broadcast had better cameras.
Yeah, HD would be nice. Was a great race. Anyone count how many lead changes?

X
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crvlvr
what channel did you watch the race on? SpeedTV did not show any of this..

Great race BTW.. I wss rooting for Pedrosa.. He almost won it.. But, Casey was impressive. Marco was as expected. But the real winner was ... HONDA.. Ttheyr are kind of proving their theory that you don't need a Rossi to win races if you have superior machines.
I watch them live on the internet at the "evil" website :) The feeds are so much better and a lot more complete.

To Tuna's point-> Definitely don't count out Rossi! He made a huge mistake in turn 1 in the beginning of the race and lost about 5 seconds... without that he's in the lead battle.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 10:05 PM
cyclesector.com

Feedback Score: 85 reviews
This race was intense! It looked pretty sweet when the 4 Hondas were chasing Sete, I knew he wasnt going to be able to keep them back. Pedrosa was flying! 16th to the lead for a while! If Rossi didnt run it wide on that turn I think he could have won it.

Best race of the season so far...

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 11:50 PM
gee

3 races in anyone wanna pick a final winner? how about two, both your picks cant crash and be out for the season....

#1 Val
#2Hayden, there ya go13 races we'll see....
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 12:51 AM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2ride
I think he said something about his tirewarmer over heating and melting to his calipers, so he didn't trust his brakes.
yeah it was evident, he was running wide on 2 of the turns because of it. Great race tho! +1 on the poor camera angle's.

"You motorboating son-of-a-bitch!"
http://www.myspace.com/thegovernor
http://www.teamosg.com
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 05:49 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

hayden is really riding well. this was his 7th or 8th podium in a row and he's leading the championship now. but why can't he win? if he keeps this up, the only thing between him and the championship will be a string of Rossi victories. in a rossi-less gp, i'd pick him to take the title... but he's gonna have to win some to hold off rossi for 13 more races.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page