Hayden 35 59.32%
Other 10 16.95%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
Ducati Champion Del Mondo

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Come on Rossi!

Man, what's up with Rossi this year? Having some bad luck so far. I am a big fan and I really hope he get's it all worked out soon as I want to see him back on the stand ASAP!

Take the Poll ^^^

Who will be on top for 06?

Rossi

Hayden

?

Jason

“Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

Last edited by Visitor Q; 05-17-2006 at 05:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 08:48 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
they cant get the setup for his 06 bike quite right. I remember reading somewhere that yamaha has a new frame for him, with different adjustment points.
post #3 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 08:49 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
me too dude, i'm also a fan, if Yamashit had their sh!t together i doubt these guys would win.

2003 CBR 600RR JDM
HRC ECU AMA spec
HRC radiator
Electrex World race alternator
WP 4618 rear shock
WP 1508 steering damper
Ohlins 9.0N fork springs
Overrev tuned fork cartridges
Akrapovic Evo Carbon FS
Dynojet PCV WB2 POD300
BMC race air filter
AFAM 15/47 sprockets
DID VX2 520 gold chain
Brembo 19RCS MC
HEL brakelines
Euro Racing riser plates & lever
HM Plus quickshifter
EVR CTS slipper clutch
BST CF wheels

post #4 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaep0r
they cant get the setup for his 06 bike quite right. I remember reading somewhere that yamaha has a new frame for him, with different adjustment points.
Yup, your right. The old frame is suppose to be back for the next race.

Figures Crossed.

Jason

“Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

post #5 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 08:59 AM

Screw Rossi and the yamatards...more action up front makes for a very interesting season. He's had his reign and its time for new blood. I barely watched the last two seasons because it was a Rossi show. Can you say booooooooring? Same goes for F1 when Schumi was always leading the pack. Will Hayden or Pedrosa be like Alonso?
post #6 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 09:15 AM
Moto GP Racer

how can you say it's boring? rossi's on a technically inferior bike & he's managed to win against riders on superior machines, i call that talent, now he's having problems & he's getting frustrated which i think is good for the sport but i'd like to see him get back up & start demolishing the competition, remember this is bike racing it's way different than formula sh!t where passing takes place at the pits.

today's season it's hard to tell who's gonna be champion maybe midseason we'll be able to tell who's gonna become '06 world champion.

2003 CBR 600RR JDM
HRC ECU AMA spec
HRC radiator
WP 4618 rear shock
WP 1508 steering damper
Ohlins 9.0N fork springs
Akrapovic Evo Carbon FS
Dynojet PCV WB2 POD300
BMC race air filter
AFAM 15/47 sprockets
DID VX2 520 gold chain
Brembo 19RCS MC
HEL brakelines
HM Plus quickshifter
EVR CTS slipper clutch
BST CF wheels
post #7 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 09:15 AM
Moto GP Racer

i usually hate it when someone always wins, like Schumi or Matt, but Rossi was the first GP rider i liked from the 250 days of draging around rubber chickens, and doing crazy sh*t. Even when he was way out front the races always seemed to be exciting. But this season has been amazing! and you got to love Nicky out in front of the championship. Personaly, i hope Rossi closes the gap alittle and makes it interesting, but if it was up to me, i'd say that this is the year Rossi should finish second to Hayden with Edwards and Hopkins right behind him. Still a huge rossi fan, but i'm ready to see some red white and blue mixing it up.

GET YOUR TICKETS TO THE RED BULL INDIANAPOLIS GP!! go to www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com or call (800) 822-INDY
post #8 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 09:22 AM Thread Starter

Screw Hayden! Goooooooooo!!!! Rossi!

Jason

post #9 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 09:39 AM

Rossi rides a Yamaha, I will support the riders of my brand, Honda. So not that I don't like Rossi but I am happy to see the Hondas up front and I am in no hurry for him to get his s**t together...
post #10 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 09:46 AM
Moto GP Racer

if Honda wasn't an arrogant prick & told Rossi the RC211V is the reason why he's MotoGP champion he wouldn't have left HRC for Yamaha, i love my Honda but i sympathize with Rossi, he just wanted to prove a point & he's done so for the past 2 seasons.

knowing Honda they won't bend on their knees to beg Rossi to come back to HRC they have their hopes bankrolled on Robotface (Pedrosa) to win the championship back to Honda, i'd start worrying about the Squidzukis though looks like they're making progress after that humiliation at Qatar.

2003 CBR 600RR JDM
HRC ECU AMA spec
HRC radiator
WP 4618 rear shock
WP 1508 steering damper
Ohlins 9.0N fork springs
Akrapovic Evo Carbon FS
Dynojet PCV WB2 POD300
BMC race air filter
AFAM 15/47 sprockets
DID VX2 520 gold chain
Brembo 19RCS MC
HEL brakelines
HM Plus quickshifter
EVR CTS slipper clutch
BST CF wheels
post #11 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 10:31 AM

Rossi chose to ride the Yamaha let him enjoy the fruits of his labor! Ha Not only that even if that piece of S#@t was working right Dani would be all over his ass! Fastest lap of the race lap 19 of 22 and a 14 second gap over the rest of the field except Nicky!
post #12 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 10:37 AM

I wouldnt say that rossi's bike is technically inferior, it is a better handling and braking bike then the rc211v, the rc211v is right behind it on braking and handling, but blows it away on hp. 260+ for the rc211v vs the 240+ that the m1 produces
post #13 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 10:38 AM
Moto GP Racer

yeah, this is an interesting situation as a fan...being a fan of Rossi and Honda. when he was talking about switiching i thought, 'crap, if he wins it means the honda wasn't as good, and if he doesn't it means he's not as good...either way I lose!' but i'm glad he made the change. HRC did act high and mighty, like they didn't need rossi and that's bull, plus alot of the improvemnt in the Yamaha as been atributed to Rossi as a test rider. So, Rossi proves he's "one step closer to god" (--Troy Bayliss) and honda is still a wicked bike. Also, i think losing the champtionship took alittle of the ego out of HRC and thier nose is back on the grindstone which can only mean better RC211v's (hence the success this year) going forward. In the end, i say Go Rossi! and Go Factory Honda! make it close and i'll be happy for whoever it is that wins. (unless is Pedrosa, i like him, but he can't win a champtionship before Hayden...that would be alittle embarssing.)

GET YOUR TICKETS TO THE RED BULL INDIANAPOLIS GP!! go to www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com or call (800) 822-INDY
post #14 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

I'm ok with Yamaha... I mean $hit, it could have been Suxzuki!

hahahaha

Jason

post #15 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 10:59 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Rossi is good and I won't deny it, but he did it right by taking the whole team with him last season. He wouldn't have done so well without Burgess seting up the bike. Plus they had all the data from the Honda and knew what worked there as well as new data provided by Yamaha.

I'd like to see Nicky take the championship. The last few races have boosted his confidence and I hope he continues to run up front.

Yellow 08 1000RR
Nesba/Wera 561
post #16 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolley
Rossi is good and I won't deny it, but he did it right by taking the whole team with him last season. He wouldn't have done so well without Burgess seting up the bike. Plus they had all the data from the Honda and knew what worked there as well as new data provided by Yamaha.

I'd like to see Nicky take the championship. The last few races have boosted his confidence and I hope he continues to run up front.
Good, he's Grrrrrreat!! =]

Keep dreaming if you think Hayden is going to take it.

Jason

post #17 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 11:05 AM
World Superbike Racer

Well last I checked he was first in points. Where'd Rossi finish the last race. :poke :poke

Yellow 08 1000RR
Nesba/Wera 561
post #18 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Well last I checked he was first in points. Where'd Rossi finish the last race. :poke :poke
Will see if you say the same thing when the season is drawing to a close.

Jason

post #19 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 11:09 AM
World Superbike Racer

Just F'ing with ya. Does make the season a bit more interesting though

Yellow 08 1000RR
Nesba/Wera 561
post #20 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 11:13 AM

me too, I hope that nicky can take the championship this year, Rossi has won every motogp world championship since the switch to the 990cc 4 stroke, it would be nice to see one other person win before the switched to a different bike format again.
post #21 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 11:17 AM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.j.rod
Rossi chose to ride the Yamaha let him enjoy the fruits of his labor! Ha Not only that even if that piece of S#@t was working right Dani would be all over his ass! Fastest lap of the race lap 19 of 22 and a 14 second gap over the rest of the field except Nicky!
if it weren't for the tire failure Rossi could've overtaken Hopkins & Edwards, obviously he was also setting a blistering pace until a huge chunk of rubber took out his front fender & that can only mean one thing, Rossi's riding at a pace that exceeded what his tires could handle & both Dani & Nicky also run michelins, so who's the faster rider?

we'll see what happens next when the Le Mans GP comes this weekend, there are no long straights on this track like that on Shanghai so the RC211V's speed advantage will be negated & they will all put more emphasis on handling.

2003 CBR 600RR JDM
HRC ECU AMA spec
HRC radiator
WP 4618 rear shock
WP 1508 steering damper
Ohlins 9.0N fork springs
Akrapovic Evo Carbon FS
Dynojet PCV WB2 POD300
BMC race air filter
AFAM 15/47 sprockets
DID VX2 520 gold chain
Brembo 19RCS MC
HEL brakelines
HM Plus quickshifter
EVR CTS slipper clutch
BST CF wheels
post #22 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Just F'ing with ya. Does make the season a bit more interesting though
Yeah I know... No worries here...

Jason

post #23 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 11:47 AM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OveRReV
if it weren't for the tire failure Rossi could've overtaken Hopkins & Edwards, obviously he was also setting a blistering pace until a huge chunk of rubber took out his front fender & that can only mean one thing, Rossi's riding at a pace that exceeded what his tires could handle & both Dani & Nicky also run michelins, so who's the faster rider?
Faster doesnt mean better. Who ran his tires into the ground and got a DNF? Hopkin's run in Turkey proved this. We all know this. Seems like Rossi brain farted it for a second. The faster you have to run to keep up or catch the front, the faster your tires wear out. Rossi got a bit ahead of himself and pushed too hard and took his tires out. Remember when Nicky had brake issues? He backed off to get the points instead of trying for 1st/2nd and crashing out. Rossi seems overly concerned on domination rather than consistancy.

It seems to me at this point, that Rossi is suffering from a Barry Bonds syndrome. Bonds pushing for 714 and he cant get one. Rossi pushing for victories and he cant get one. Eventually both Bonds and Rossi will get what they want, but will Rossi have ruined his chance to get a championship in the process? Its not top podium places that win championships, its consistancy. And Nicky is Mr Consistancy these days. As it stands, if Nicky takes 2nd all the way through the season, Rossi, has to take top podium at least 7 times to beat him. Certainly doable for Rossi, but that is not counting Nicky at Laguna and that Nicky stands a great chance to actually win a race besides Laguna this year. Nor does it count Melandri, Pedrosa, Stoner, Capirossi, and the other people capable of riding up front.

As great of a race as Rossi was having, when he was challenging Hopkins and Edwards, I think they would have held him up long enough for Pedrosa and Hayden to hang onto to 1 and 2.

Here is hoping that Rossi is runner up to Hayden.

"Oh and if you dare say that I dont know whats it like get a freakin clue! I date models and strippers. So dont tell me that I dont know whats its like!" - BDiddy
post #24 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 11:59 AM
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDiddy
Here is hoping that Rossi is runner up to Hayden.
And Hayden to Dani Pedrosa.....hahaha
post #25 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

In all honesty even if Rossi does not win this year (which will not happen), I mean what more does the guy need to prove? He's dominated the sport since he's came, can't do more than that. He is the

Michael Jordan of motorcycle racing!

Jason

post #26 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 12:20 PM
World Superbike Racer

Rossi doesnt have anything to prove. Where do people get the assumption that those of us who dont want Rossi to win think he still have something to prove?

"Oh and if you dare say that I dont know whats it like get a freakin clue! I date models and strippers. So dont tell me that I dont know whats its like!" - BDiddy
post #27 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDiddy
Rossi doesnt have anything to prove. Where do people get the assumption that those of us who dont want Rossi to win think he still have something to prove?
Just read your post prior to this one...

Jason

post #28 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 12:39 PM
Moto GP Racer

did you see how Hayden cracked under pressure from Rossi at Qatar, he attacked him at almost every corner where others find impossible to overtake & you have to dig deep in order to pull off a maneuver like that, a master at work.

2003 CBR 600RR JDM
HRC ECU AMA spec
HRC radiator
WP 4618 rear shock
WP 1508 steering damper
Ohlins 9.0N fork springs
Akrapovic Evo Carbon FS
Dynojet PCV WB2 POD300
BMC race air filter
AFAM 15/47 sprockets
DID VX2 520 gold chain
Brembo 19RCS MC
HEL brakelines
HM Plus quickshifter
EVR CTS slipper clutch
BST CF wheels
post #29 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 12:48 PM
Nemesis

I just want to see Rossi battle it out with Dani. They have yet to cross paths. So far Rossi took out Casey Stoner but what about Dani?

Dani will spank Rossi!!!
post #30 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 01:03 PM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor Q
Just read your post prior to this one...

Jason

Soooo stating a fact means that I think he has something to prove? Thats doesnt make any sense. If I thought he had something left to prove Id say he has to acomplish X to be the GOAT. And I never said that. I simply stated a fact.

All of you Rossi lovers are the same. You are always looking for someone trying to disprove that your beloved man-crush Rossi is great so you can rattle off his acomplishments in an attempt to make us look stupid and show how much you love him. Im tired of playing that game. All I said was that if Hayden keeps up his consitancy, Rossi has to beat him over 50% of the time. And thats going to be difficult this year because there are more people to challange Rossi than last year.

There is no insuinuation in my previous post that I think he something to prove. The only thing there is my obvious dislike of the guy. Ive taken nothing away from his on track acomplishments. You man-crushers always take it that way though. That I dont like him, therefore I dont think he is a great racer.

And if you are talking about the tires, did he or did he not brainfart and burn up his tires? Well he DNFed and fought hard to go from double digit places to 5th and ended up DNF. That shows he brainfarted this race. You cant deny that.

BTW I think its cute the way you guys defend your man-crush. Its so adorable. Keep on crushin!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page