so how do spies and his mom feel about Matt??? - 600RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-20-2006, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
so how do spies and his mom feel about Matt???

http://www.pressdemocrat.com//temp/s...18cohn_c1.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-20-2006, 09:35 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
thats nuts. the 2 best riders in the states acting like kids. what happened to healthy competetion and clean rivalries?
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 03:25 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Competition does things to people.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 09:23 AM

No, it's not competition that does it, it's personality disorders. Rossi hangs with the boys and has a few beers (well, except for Sete). Hopkins rolls with other MotoGP guys all the time, and there's nobody more competitive than Hopper. Mladin is a spoiled bitch and it disgusts me that someone so talented can't figure out how to just be genuinely happy for Spies while at the same time try to beat him. He has six titles in a row, right? He reminds me of the kid who has everything throwing a tantrum in Toys R Us because he can't have another candy bar.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 06:53 PM
Superbike racer

I have never liked Mladin. He has always come across as an *******. Spies is one hell of a rider and quality kid

CCS EX#100
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 07:04 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

hey it's not a popularity contest. that whole friggin article was ragging on mladin for being a ****, totally one-sided without Mat's side of it. It's probably true Mladin is a bitch but he's not paid to fake being nice. The whole fracas with Hodgson is a case in point... Mladin is a d1ck to everybody (even the riders who aren't a competitive threat like Hodgson).

If you read some of his articles Mladin's written at the Soup he comes across as an extremely smart guy who understands the game.

05 RR Slv/Blk

Super perfundo on the early eve of your day
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 07:08 PM

Milain's the b*tch
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiro
hey it's not a popularity contest. that whole friggin article was ragging on mladin for being a ****, totally one-sided without Mat's side of it. It's probably true Mladin is a bitch but he's not paid to fake being nice. The whole fracas with Hodgson is a case in point... Mladin is a d1ck to everybody (even the riders who aren't a competitive threat like Hodgson).

If you read some of his articles Mladin's written at the Soup he comes across as an extremely smart guy who understands the game.
It's not a popularity contest, that's exactly what I'm saying. Some people have IT, some don't. Mladin doesn't. He doesn't have the certain code of honor that makes a guy's guy. Maybe Hodgson did something wrong, maybe not... but the guy is a freaking WSB CHAMPION! And sorry, IMO, one WSB title is better than six AMA titles... give the guy some respect. He's just the middle school bully who keeps failing eighth grade so he doesn't have to go to high school and get his lily ass kicked.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 07:31 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCSEX122
It's not a popularity contest, that's exactly what I'm saying. Some people have IT, some don't. Mladin doesn't. He doesn't have the certain code of honor that makes a guy's guy. Maybe Hodgson did something wrong, maybe not... but the guy is a freaking WSB CHAMPION! And sorry, IMO, one WSB title is better than six AMA titles... give the guy some respect. He's just the middle school bully who keeps failing eighth grade so he doesn't have to go to high school and get his lily ass kicked.
LOL, Nice!

Funny how that stuff works.

"She's got legs that keep going and going and going and make a turd chopper out of themselves." GBord

"Ima Redneck"
Eazy E

CCS Amatuer #611
03 600RR

Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 05:23 PM
C.A.H.N founder / President

That sucks. I love watching them two race. It' like you know who's going to finish 1st and 2nd but 3rd is the race you watch. I wish they could get along. I like Spies much better than Mat. The only thing Ben needs to improve on is the post race interview. He don't show much excitement and he's kinda short with words. I like Bens attitude though. I hope he wins his 7 in a row.
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 11:40 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Gotta love my local newspaper. Its in town here, in NorCal. Where else would a sports columnist use the words "if you want to get the dope on ben" cuz norcal is all pothead country
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 11:54 PM
S VEEEEEEEEEEEEE Thrasher

that was an interesting read. there will always be a fuss about two good players on same team.... for example COBEY and SHACK !

post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 05:38 PM

i just dont like his(Mladin) attitude.he still like a kid that wants all the candies and only he can have it.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatnismo
i just dont like his(Mladin) attitude.he still like a kid that wants all the candies and only he can have it.
Just like in real life, someone eventually has a sugar fit and punches that fat kid in the mouth... enter Ben Spies :)

Mladin SUCKS
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 08:31 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

I guess there are always two sides to a story. Mladin is a great racer there is no doubt about it. He lacks personal skils, this is true, but i dont think he is out there to hang with the boys anymore. You can fault him for that or just accept it, thats just his personality. That is just his job no matter how smug he is. I agree its sweet that he has competition again because its been such a long time since he's had any, and now he actually has to work to figure his racing strategy again.
Everything that i have heard about Ben is great, but i cant say as much for his mom. I heard from different racers that she is a Bi*ch to everyone all the time. Whether she is just like that, or really looking out for Ben I cant say, but the Bi*ch part seems to be the general consensus from everything that ive heard. Who knows though, maybe if I met her she would be super nice, likewise for Mladin.
One thing's for sure though, if i was in Matts place I would be much more gracious in defeat and happy that I had some competition again.

-bikeless

Last edited by EsotericRR; 05-26-2006 at 08:35 AM.
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 10:49 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

What has Mladin done or said that is so negative? Everything I've seen watching the races and reading Superbikeplanet or Road Racing World hasn't been bad. You can tell Mladin's not happy but he hasn't bad-mouthed Spies or made excuses. He congratulated Spies on the cool-down lap at Infineon...

I've never been a big Mladin fan (I bleed Honda red), but I respect his no BS approach. He's very similar to Wayne Rainey, Eddie Lawson or Kenny Roberts in that way.

2003 - Red/Black
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 11:25 AM
Nemesis

But Biaggi was the same way (serious look, took competition seriously) yet he was branded as a "Bad Guy".

I liked Biaggi....I hope he comes back.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 11:28 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Biaggi was all excuses, though. It was always the bike or the tire, never him.

2003 - Red/Black
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 11:42 AM
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRdvark
Biaggi was all excuses, though. It was always the bike or the tire, never him.
Yeah true but think about it. What if it was the bike all along?

Just like Rossi is having problems with his bike, and Edwards saying the same thing about his bike (chatter, chatter, and more chatter). Obviously it's affecting their performance.

So, what if it was the bike all this time, and not him? How is that any different?

Last edited by Nemesis; 05-26-2006 at 11:45 AM.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 01:04 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

LOL but mladin didnt get off a million dollar bike and tip it over in a temper tantrum. Honda didnt like that to much.....I couldnt believe that Biaggi did that. I havent heard Mladin complaining about how his bike isnt working. Im pretty sure he said that he was just out raced and would have to go back to rethink his way around the tracks.

Yes, but Rossi was obviously having issues with his bike though, and we clearly saw both sides. The earlier races with the older frame and chatter where he did poorly, and the LeMans race with his 05 frame where he smoked em until the damn bike expired.

-bikeless
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 01:09 PM
Nemesis

I agree that Biaggi should not have thrown the bike down but that's the competitive edge these racers go through. Just like John Hopkins kicking his bike. Again, look at the comments Edwards was making....sounds like a tamer version of Biaggi's comments if you ask me.

We don't truly know what the riders are feeling or going through when they're riding the bike so that's why I won't be quick to judge Biaggi.
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 02:59 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Ill judge humility and the way some speaks about themselves, their performance and those that they work with; that is how i develop a certain amount of respect for a person. I don't like Mladin but i respect what he has accomplished. I'm not big on the fact that he despite his 6 straight wins, he never moved to try something new. Also, he can be all business and that is great if thats what he needs to do to win, but he isn't winning right now.......
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRdvark
I've never been a big Mladin fan (I bleed Honda red), but I respect his no BS approach. He's very similar to Wayne Rainey, Eddie Lawson or Kenny Roberts in that way.
Boy, you're right on... three other a-holes! LOL

Roberts I'm sure we all know is crotchety, Lawson was less visibly so, but was nonetheless and Rainey... well, I don't want to pick on the handicapped, but he was Pedrosa-like (not an a-hole).

I've always felt it's best to be yourself, right up front and to never blow smoke up someone's cornhole. I say it's ok to call a duck a duck when it quacks.

You've never heard Mladin when his keepers loose the reigns?

Here's me paraphrasing what he said after the race when he became the all time winningest AMA rider:

G.White : "So Matt, tell us about the race... the bike looked dialed in"

Mladin : "Greg, I'm nawt reel concurned righwt now with the race... I'm now the all time winningest rider in AMA history! It really hasn't been about that since the others behind me don't have the championships that I have, but it's a milestone nonetheless."

Are you kidding me? That's because most of those riders left for GP, a-hole! Not to mention that Miguel rode various pieces of crap throughout the 90's and still was competitive.

If that's not enough there's the tantrum he threw on the cool down lap at road A last year. He was mad because Miguel had the audacity to pass him when he was held up by a lapper. He managed to pass Miguel back on the last lap and then promptly gave him the super finger (right hand under left arm). Along with beating his chest and just generally being a c*ck sucker for the entire cool down lap.

Let's just hope Hodgson gives him a beatdown in the paddock before the season's over.
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 09:33 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Plenty of valid points about Mladin, I still don't like Biaggi (sorry Nemesis), and I was a Freddie Spencer fan (not KR, EL, or WR). But I'm still waiting to hear what Mladin said about Spies...

2003 - Red/Black
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 01:48 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2006/May/060530-66.htm

Mladin's article on superbikeplanet.com. He's honest and makes sense - what's not to like?

2003 - Red/Black
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 06:54 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Sounds like Matt is happier losing......and his attitude is really his focus when he's at the track. When you meet him, you can tell how focused he is. He seemed like a cool guy to me at Infineon. Last year, you couldn't even meet him because he stayed in his trailer all the time. After three years I finally got his autograph. If there is beef between Ben and Matt, it is really nobody's business but there's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page