Moto GP 2015 Round 4 Jerez ***SPOILER*** - 600RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-25-2015, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
BOTM Winner 8/12 / Super Moderator

Thanked 1,043 Times in 921 Posts
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Moto GP 2015 Round 4 Jerez ***SPOILER***

What an almost battle in Argentina, really too bad Marc went down, "these things happen in racing" yes they do. I do know Marc is young and he will most def learn from this. Very happy to see Vale doing so well though! The latest news (today) Marc fractured his little finger left hand, as of now he is questionable for the race, but i would be very surprised to not see him race, Dani on the other hand....

About the circuit
Built in 1986 and hosting its first Grand Prix one year later, the circuit of Jerez is now one of the most popular MotoGP venues and the focal point for a city fanatical about sport. Set in a slight valley in the south of Spain, Jerez is blessed with consistently good weather and beautiful scenery, its numerous grandstands providing the perfect viewing facilities for up to 250,000 spectators.

With two alternative road circuits (4,423m and 4,428m), which were resurfaced during 2005, Jerez is a popular venue used by many race teams for testing throughout the year, whilst its recently updated corporate and media facilities have proven to be a popular addition to the complex. Other facilities such as the control tower and pit boxes have also been vastly improved.

Circuit Record:
1'39.565
Jorge LORENZO (SPA)

Current Points
1 Valentino ROSSI Yamaha ITA 66
2 Andrea DOVIZIOSO Ducati ITA 60
3 Andrea IANNONE Ducati ITA 40
4 Jorge LORENZO Yamaha SPA 37
5 Marc MARQUEZ Honda SPA 36
6 Cal CRUTCHLOW Honda GBR 34
7 Bradley SMITH Yamaha GBR 28
8 Aleix ESPARGARO Suzuki SPA 22
9 Pol ESPARGARO Yamaha SPA 15
10 Maverick VIÑALES Suzuki SPA 15
11 Danilo PETRUCCI Ducati ITA 15
12 Dani PEDROSA Honda SPA 10
13 Scott REDDING Honda GBR 10
14 Hector BARBERA Ducati SPA 8
15 Yonny HERNANDEZ Ducati COL 6
16 Jack MILLER Honda AUS 6
17 Hiroshi AOYAMA Honda JPN 5
18 Nicky HAYDEN Honda USA 3
19 Loris BAZ Yamaha Forward FRA 2
20 Stefan BRADL Yamaha Forward GER 1
21 Alvaro BAUTISTA Aprilia SPA 1

2014 Podium
MM93
VR46
DP26

Last edited by CBR Time; 04-25-2015 at 10:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-25-2015, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

All Times Easter Time Zone
Thurs Apr 30 Press Conference PRESS 11:00
Fri May 1
Moto3 FP1 03:00 - 03:40
MotoGP FP1 03:55 - 04:40
Moto2 FP1 04:55 - 05:40
Moto3 FP2 07:10 - 07:50
MotoGP FP2 08:05 - 08:50
Moto2 FP2 09:05 - 09:50

Sat May 2
Moto3 FP3 03:00 - 03:40
MotoGP FP3 03:55 - 04:40
Moto2 FP3 04:55 - 05:40
Moto3 QP 06:35 - 07:15
MotoGP FP4 07:30 - 08:00
MotoGP Q1 08:10 - 08:25
MotoGP Q2 08:35 - 08:50
Moto2 QP 09:05 - 09:50

Sun May 3
Moto3 WUP 02:40 - 03:00
Moto2 WUP 03:10 - 03:30
MotoGP WUP 03:40 - 04:00
Moto3 RAC 05:00
Moto2 RAC 06:20
MotoGP RAC 08:00

Last edited by CBR Time; 04-25-2015 at 10:30 PM.
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-25-2015, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

I posted this in the Round 3 thread as well
Marc Marquez Breaks Little Finger In Training Crash, Questionable For Jerez
Marc Marquez has broken a finger in his left hand in a dirt track training crash. The reigning world champion fell heavily, suffering a displaced fracture of the proximal phalange in the little finger of his left hand. This means that the bone between the hand and the first knuckle was broken, and the two parts of the bone moved.

Marquez was taken immediately to the Dexeus Institute in Barcelona, where Dr Xavier Mir, who performs surgery on many of the top MotoGP and WSBK riders, operated on the Spaniard. The bone was put together again and then fixed with a titanium plate. Marquez is due to start functional recovery within 24 hours.

The press release issued by Honda is strangely hesitant about Marquez' prospects of racing at Jerez. The press release says, in rather unconventional wording, that Marquez participation at Jerez "has not been ruled out." The aim for Marquez will be to ride, but the injury sustained is a particularly difficult one. Wheeless' Textbook of Orthopaedics describes fractures of the proximal phalange as "potentially the most disabling fractures in the hand". Full recovery for normal patients is 4 to 6 weeks. In motorcycle racer terms, that's 2 to 3 weeks.

The only positive from this injury is that it is on his left hand, in the little finger. It is the least used of the fingers, though Marquez' style is to grip the bars with the fingers on the grips, rather than with the little finger off the grip, as some others like to do. No doubt that Marquez will do all he can to try to race at Jerez, but it is far from certain he will do so. With Marquez already 30 points down to championship leader Valentino Rossi, Marquez cannot really afford another zero points in the championship, he needs all the points he can get. A decision on participation will only have to be made before FP4 on Saturday afternoon, giving Marquez another day to assess his condition.

Marquez' injury puts the Repsol Honda team in a difficult situation for Jerez. Dani Pedrosa is not yet confirmed as racing at the Andalusian circuit, and if Marquez is forced to miss the race as well, HRC would need to field two replacement riders. Though the most obvious choice for Honda would be test rider Kousuke Akiyoshi, the controversy surrounding Casey Stoner's offer to race for Dani Pedrosa at Austin and Argentina will no doubt see his name be put forward once again.

With both riders likely to undergo medical checks on the Thursday, we may not know who is racing for the Repsol Honda team until Friday morning at the earliest, and Saturday afternoon at the latest.

Marc Marquez undergoes successful operation on little finger fracture

Repsol Honda rider operated on this afternoon to treat fracture to little finger of left hand, suffered while training dirt track. His participation in the Spanish Grand Prix has not been ruled out.

Reigning MotoGP World Champion Marc Marquez has been successfully operated on this afternoon by Dr. Xavier Mir, Head of the Unit for Hand and Upper Extremities Pathology at the Hospital Universitario Quiron Dexeus in Barcelona.

Dr. Mir commented after the surgery that Marquez had “attended the casualty department of the Hospital Universitario Quiron Dexeus having suffered a crash in training this morning. The patient presented a deformity to the little finger of his left hand and a subsequent X-Ray showed a fracture of the proximal phalanx, with displacement. Therefore, we decided to treat the injury -as we would in the case of any other patient- by fixing a titanium plate to his finger. This will allow us to initiate functional recovery after 24 hours and give him a chance of racing at Jerez.”

post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-27-2015, 09:55 AM
Maynard

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
let's go 2 in a row Vale!

2W1R

2012 M1100 EVO
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-27-2015, 10:21 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So is Jerez supposed to be a Yamaha track? (if that means anything any more)
Looks like a long drag to the finish line. Could we see Dovi on the top step?
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-27-2015, 10:26 AM Thread Starter

yeah long run to finish could very well mean a last second surge by the Ducs. Should be good! looks like Marc is ok to race (not confirmed yet) still no word on Dani as well?
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-27-2015, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

MotoGP: More details emerge of Marc Marquez injury 27 April 2015
“Marc tried to put [the finger] back into place by pulling on it, but as he heard some noise he figured out it was better not to touch it!”
"yeah ill just pop it back in, oooh wait that doesnt look or sound right??" lol nuts

DANI Update Below:

Further details have emerged regarding Saturday's finger injury for reigning MotoGP champion Marc Marquez.

Dr Xavier Mir, who performed surgery on the Repsol Honda star, has revealed Marquez's hand was run over during the dirt track training accident.

“Marc crashed on Saturday while he was practicing dirt track. Unfortunately the rider just behind him hit his hand,” Dr Mir told ***********. “This caused a severe displacement of the fifth [little] finger of the left hand.

“It [the displacement] was so bad that he thought it was dislocated - as the finger was out of its place. He tried to put it back into place by pulling on it, but as he heard some noise he figured out it was better not to touch it! And that's when he came to the hospital.”

Dr Mir inserted a titanium plate to stabilise the fracture and believes Marquez will be able to take part in this weekend's fourth round of the championship at Jerez.

“Treatment during the next few days before Jerez should reduce inflammation, so he can race there,” Dr Mir declared.

The doctor added that the latest gearshifting technology, which removes the need to use the clutch lever, means Marquez is in a better position than would have been the case several years ago.

“It's a shame he got hurt but he was lucky it's the left hand - in MotoGP the clutch lever is not used that much,” Dr Mir said. “It's mainly used for the start of the race, so this kind of helps us so there's less stress on the injury.

“I can't say he will be 100% fit, but we always see riders push their limits so I'm sure he will be able to do well!”

Marquez is 30 points behind title leader Valentino Rossi after falling while the pair battled for victory last time out in Argentina.

Team-mate Dani Pedrosa, sidelined since Qatar due to arm pump surgery, is also tipped to ride this weekend. Pedrosa will take part in a supermoto race this week before making a final decision.

Last edited by CBR Time; 04-27-2015 at 10:33 AM.
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-27-2015, 10:49 AM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Marquez will pull through and come out on top, he's coming first next race day!

"Four wheels move the body; two wheels move the soul"
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-27-2015, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

he'll want those 25 points badly that's for sure!! lets hope for a good fight
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-28-2015, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

Dani out, Marc IN

Dani Pedrosa delays MotoGP return 28 April 2015
"My forearm still didn't feel 100%" - Dani Pedrosa.

Dani Pedrosa will not make a MotoGP return in front of his home Spanish fans at Jerez this weekend.

Pedrosa has been absent for the past two events following an operation to address 'arm pump' problems in the season-opening Qatar round, where the Repsol Honda star dropped from second on the grid to a dejected sixth.

The Spaniard tested his post-surgery fitness on a Supermoto bike yesterday, but: “Even though at first it felt OK, after riding my forearm still didn't feel 100%.

"I know that if I do a whole race weekend it will be much worse, and the last thing I want is to create another big problem.

"So it has been a very difficult decision to make, but I think the best is to wait a while longer, go ahead with the rehabilitation and be back [for the next race] in Le Mans.”

Pedrosa underwent a 'complicated and aggressive' procedure to remove the layer of fascia around his right forearm muscle after revealing that previous surgery, plus less intrusive treatments, had not worked.

Immediately ruled out of Texas and Argentina, Honda turned down retired double champion Casey Stoner's offer to replace Pedrosa and instead called upon Hiroshi Aoyama. Aoyama will again take Pedrosa's place at Jerez.

"I'm sorry for Dani that he is not able to return to racing this weekend at his home grand prix," Aoyama said. "Honda have asked me to substitute for him again and it's an honour to do so."

Pedrosa's team-mate Marc Marquez is also injured, the reigning champion having a titanium plate inserted into his little finger after a dirt track accident on Saturday.

However Marquez, currently 30 points behind title leader Valentino Rossi, is expected to try and ride this weekend

MotoGP: Marc Marquez confirmed for Jerez 28 April 2015
Marc Marquez to take part in Spanish MotoGP just days after a titanium plate was inserted into his finger.

Reigning MotoGP champion Marc Marquez has confirmed he will ride at this weekend's home Spanish Grand Prix.

Marquez had a titanium plate inserted into his left little finger after suffering a displaced fracture when his hand was run over during a dirt-track training accident, last Saturday.

An initial statement from Repsol Honda said only that Marquez had “not been ruled out" of Jerez. But already 30 points behind title leader Valentino Rossi, it would have been a surprise if Marquez elected not to try and ride.

Following a post-operation check-up, Dr. Xavier Mir provided a positive assessment of Marquez's chances and, after a further check this afternoon, the 22-year-old was given the green light.

"Today I underwent another examination by Dr. Mir, and he confirmed that the wound is healing well and looking good,” said Marquez. “He took off the cast that they had put on and now I have begun to do some physiotherapy work with some active and passive movements.

“My finger will be checked at Jerez after every session and the bandages will be changed.

"I am very motivated for this Grand Prix, because it is the first of the year in Spain, there are my home fans there and I have some good memories from previous years! It's a pity about the injury, but I hope that it doesn't affect me too much and that I can get a great result in front of the fans.”

The injury means Marquez clearly faces a tougher task in terms of preventing Rossi increasing his title advantage. The #93 finished fifth in the Qatar season opener after a turn one mistake, won from pole in Texas, then fell after clashing with Rossi while battling to keep the lead in Argentina.

All of which means Marquez, seeking to extend his perfect MotoGP title record and become Spain's first triple premier-class champion, is currently just fifth in the standings.

By contrast he won the first ten races of last season, including Jerez, where he crossed the line 1.4s ahead of Rossi.

Marquez overcame the same 30-point disadvantage to win the 2013 MotoGP title as a rookie, in a season that saw fractured collarbones for nearest rivals Dani Pedrosa and Jorge Lorenzo.

During that season Marquez fractured his right little finger (and a toe) during practice at Assen, but still finished second in the race. Although on that occasion the injury did not require surgery.

While Marquez is confirmed, Repsol Honda will again be without team-mate Pedrosa, who is to miss his third race in succession following arm-pump surgery. Test rider Hiroshi Aoyama will again take Pedrosa's place.
The Following User Says Thank You to CBR Time For This Useful Post:
v-tec crx (04-28-2015)
post #11 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-29-2015, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

post #12 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-29-2015, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

MotoGP Jerez: Rossi 'The championship is still very long!' 29 April 2015
“We must continue to work well together. The championship is still very long!” - Valentino Rossi.

Valentino Rossi has praised his Movistar Yamaha team as he urges them to dig in for a 'very long' MotoGP championship battle.

Rossi sits six points clear of Ducati's Andrea Dovizioso after winning two of the opening three events, including a dramatic clash with reigning champion Marc Marquez last time in Argentina.

The Doctor used the extra hard rear tyre to hunt down Marquez at the Rio Hondo circuit, the pair bumping and then tangling as Marquez tried to keep the lead from Rossi on the penultimate lap.

Marquez was flung to the ground after clipping Rossi's rear wheel, putting the Italian 30-points clear of the Repsol Honda rider, who then suffered a finger injury while dirt track training.

All of which means Rossi starts the first European event with a six point lead over nearest rival Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati). Rossi hasn't led the championship after three rounds since 2009, the year he won his seventh and most recent premier-class title.

“I'm very happy to come back to Europe!” said the 36-year-old, who has claimed both his 2015 wins from just eighth on the grid. “These first three races have been very positive, although some of these circuits are not my favourites nor of the Yamaha! Yet my YZR-M1 has behaved very well and we rode nice races!

“To go to Jerez, after the victory in Argentina and holding first place in the championship, is certainly very positive. However the most important thing is that we're doing a great job with the guys of the team. We must continue to work well together. The championship is still very long!

“I feel good and returning to Europe is nice. I really like the Jerez GP. The track is beautiful and also the atmosphere is fantastic. It also has very fast turns and I like that a lot. I did good races at this circuit in the past and I'll try to have a good race also this year!”

The oldest rider in MotoGP, Rossi's victory in Argentina extended his premier-class record to 84 wins, with 110 wins across all grand prix classes. Giacomo Agostini holds the all-time record with 122 victories.

Rossi finished second to Marquez by 1.4s at Jerez last season. Jerez is again round 4 of 18.

MotoGP Jerez: Lorenzo: We have time to turn things around 29 April 2015
“I have to say that, though the results weren't as I expected, this season is still long” - Jorge Lorenzo

Jorge Lorenzo may have avoided the mistakes that marred his start to last season, but two fourths and a fifth is below expectations for the double MotoGP champion - who hasn't taken a podium since last October.

Lorenzo can draw some comfort from the fact that the 37 points scored is 15 more than this time last year, when he was also 53 points from the title lead rather than 29. But now it's Lorenzo's own Movistar Yamaha team-mate Valentino Rossi, winner of two of the opening three races, who is at the head of the standings.

Nevertheless, Lorenzo emphasised that there are still 15 rounds remaining, the first of which is in front of his home Spanish fans at Jerez this weekend.

“After the three first races of the championship I have to say that, though the results weren't as I expected, this season is still long, so we are very focused on working hard and trying to get better results from now on,” Lorenzo said.

“During last week I was able to train a lot. In front of us is the GP in Jerez, one of the most challenging races of the year and it's also one of the most exciting, because of the atmosphere.

“We come back to Europe and Spain and I like that. I look forward to racing there in front of all the Spanish fans and I will do my best to try to get my first podium of the season. The track is really nice and I hope to do a good job with my M1.”

Lorenzo - who celebrates his 28th birthday on Monday - finished fourth at Jerez last season, 8.5s from winner Marc Marquez and 7s behind runner-up Rossi.
post #13 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-29-2015, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

Vale on verge of 200 Podiums!!, if it weren't for the "Duc" Days, he would have already been well past 200

MotoGP Jerez: Rossi on brink of record 200th podium 29 April 2015
Valentino Rossi has first chance to claim 200th grand prix podium at this weekend's Spanish MotoGP

Victory in the MotoGP of Argentina marked Valentino Rossi's 199th podium in all grand prix classes.

The Italian could thus become the first rider in history to claim a double century of rostrums this Sunday at Jerez.

The omens are good: Rossi is the most successful rider at the Spanish Grand Prix with eight grand prix victories and the Doctor has only finished off the rostrum six times from 19 Jerez starts.

Official MotoGP statistics list Italian Giacomo Agostini as second for all-time GP podiums, with 159.

2015 world championship leader Rossi, fighting for a tenth title, has scored 66 points this year - his highest points total after the opening three rounds since 2005.

Rossi's last three MotoGP wins (Phillip Island last year, Qatar and Argentina this year) have all been achieved from eighth on the grid - but the most surprising statistic is that Rossi has only led across the line for a total of four laps in 2015.

The other riders who have led races year are: Marc Marquez - 40 laps, Jorge Lorenzo - 15 laps, Andrea Dovizioso - 9 laps.

Valentino Rossi's 199 GP podiums:
125cc Aprilia: 15 podiums
250cc Aprilia: 21
500cc Honda: 23
990cc Honda: 31
990cc Yamaha: 37
800cc Yamaha: 47
800cc Ducati: 1
1000cc Ducati: 2
1000cc Yamaha: 22
Total: 199
post #14 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-30-2015, 03:36 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
As if VR46 fans needed another reason to "love" the man:

http://www.sportrider.com/other-side...src=SOC&dom=fb
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DoomCue For This Useful Post:
CBR Time (04-30-2015), Mina (04-30-2015)
post #15 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-30-2015, 06:15 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomCue View Post
As if VR46 fans needed another reason to "love" the man:

http://www.sportrider.com/other-side...src=SOC&dom=fb
Good read. Thanks for sharing!

GO ROSSI!!
post #16 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-30-2015, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

MotoGP Jerez: Valentino Rossi: 'I love my life' 30 April 2015
“I like very much the race. I love my life, also going around the world and especially working with Yamaha and my team”- Valentino Rossi.

Valentino Rossi may be oldest rider on the MotoGP grid, but he's also firmly in contention for a tenth world title in his 20th season of grand prix racing.

“I am 36. I have a long career but I am in a good shape. So I don't feel that now I have a particular problem to bring the bike to 100% physically and mentally. So at that point what makes the difference is the motivation,” Rossi said.

So what keeps him motivated?

“If you like to stay at home because it is enough and also don't risk and stay relaxed... But in my case I like very much the race. I love my life, also going around the world, Europe and especially working with Yamaha and my team.

“It is just this and the taste of victory is always special. Something different. It is a pleasure to work to find that feeling.”

Rossi has tasted victory twice in the three races so far this season, putting the nine time world champion at the head of the points standings. The Italian credits the 2014 arrival of crew chief Silvano Galbusera as playing a key role.

“I think it is very important because we work well on the bike and we have a good plan to improve practice by practice. Also in this moment I ride well, from 2013 to this year I've improved my skills and my riding style. And we work well in the box,” Rossi said.

Looking to this weekend's fourth round at Jerez, The Doctor added: “I think that the tyres will also be very important because in Qatar and Argentina you can go fast also in the second half of the race, but at some other tracks like here usually the rear tyre drop more. So we have to work on the bike, try to avoid this problem and be more consistent.”
post #17 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-30-2015, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

MotoGP Jerez: Marquez: A friend ran over my hand! 30 April 2015
"I was lucky that it was only the finger [broken] because when a bike passes over your hand it can be more" - Marc Marquez.

Reigning MotoGP champion Marc Marquez has confirmed that his finger was fractured after it was run over by a friend.

Already 30 points from world championship leader Valentino Rossi after their collision in Argentina, Marquez sustained the injury while dirt track training in Spain.

“It was Saturday morning and we were [riding] with friends like always,” Marquez explained at Jerez on Thursday, on the eve of this weekend's home Spanish Grand Prix.

“It was a very small crash, but one friend was behind me and he passed over my hand. I was lucky that it was only the finger [broken] because when a bike passes over your hand it can be more.”

Marquez suffered 'a severe displacement of the fifth [little] finger', for which a titanium plate was inserted during surgery in Barcelona that same day.

“The operation put the finger more or less straight because it was - when I took off the glove I could already see that it was broken because the finger was [sideways]. But Dr Mir did a really good job, because I broke the finger at 2 o'clock and at 6 o'clock it was already fixed.”

Having been passed fit to ride this weekend, the big question now is how much the hand injury will impair the 22-year-old Repsol Honda star.

“Sure to put the hand inside the glove is disturbing me and it can be [a problem] for braking and acceleration. But until I try it on the bike I don't know,” he admitted.

“Of course it will be painful because the operation was only on Saturday evening. We will suffer more than in other races, but racing here in Jerez in front of the fans I have [extra] motivation which can help me.”
post #18 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-30-2015, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

MotoGP Jerez: Lorenzo: I need to find my way to go fast again 30 April 2015
“For me the bike is more competitive than last year, as Vale has demonstrated. I just need to find my way to go fast again" - Jorge Lorenzo.

Having watched team-mate Valentino Rossi celebrate two wins and a third from the opening trio of 2015 MotoGP races, Jorge Lorenzo is growing impatient for his own success.

The Spaniard approaches this weekend's home Jerez round holding fourth in the world championship, with two fourth places and a fifth.

“For me the bike is more competitive than last year, as Vale has demonstrated. I just need to find my way to go fast again,” said the double MotoGP champion. “I think in Qatar I was able to fight for the win apart from this thing with the helmet. Then I was a little bit weak [with sickness] in Austin and I had some problems in Argentina with the tyres.

“When you are on the top and faster than your rivals if you have some little problems it doesn't change your position. But when you are a little bit slower and have some little problems, now there are a lot of riders very competitive in MotoGP and you are in third fourth or fifth position.

“So we have to improve this two or three tenths and then we will again be always fighting for the win.”

But already 29 points behind Rossi, a first 2015 podium is his minimum target for Sunday.

“Valentino won two races so for sure he has much more points compared to us, but obviously it could be worse, like last year. But obviously it's not the places where we want to be. At least we want to fight for the podium and I think Jerez is the perfect place to do it. So we are going to try.”
post #19 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-30-2015, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

post #20 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-30-2015, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

Press conf lids

Last edited by CBR Time; 04-30-2015 at 11:58 PM.
post #21 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-01-2015, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

FP1 Results:
1. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 1m 39.174s [Lap 5/18] 288km/h (Top Speed)
2. Aleix Espargaro ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 1m 39.223s +0.049s [15/15] 282km/h
3. Cal Crutchlow GBR CWM LCR Honda (RC213V) 1m 39.737s +0.563s [16/17] 286km/h
4. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP15) 1m 39.742s +0.568s [7/15] 291km/h
5. Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 39.871s +0.697s [6/19] 291km/h
6. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 1m 39.872s +0.698s [17/19] 288km/h
7. Maverick Viñales ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR)* 1m 39.909s +0.735s [15/17] 281km/h
8. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 39.914s +0.740s [9/17] 289km/h
9. Hector Barbera ESP Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14 Open) 1m 39.937s +0.763s [18/19] 290km/h
10. Scott Redding GBR Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) 1m 39.967s +0.793s [18/19] 286km/h
11. Stefan Bradl GER Athina Forward Racing (Forward Yamaha) 1m 40.037s +0.863s [17/18] 285km/h
12. Andrea Iannone ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP15) 1m 40.091s +0.917s [14/16] 291km/h
13. Loris Baz FRA Athina Forward Racing (Forward Yamaha)* 1m 40.092s +0.918s [16/19] 283km/h
14. Eugene Laverty IRL Aspar MotoGP Team (RC213V-RS)* 1m 40.114s +0.940s [15/20] 278km/h
15. Danilo Petrucci ITA Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP14.1) 1m 40.365s +1.191s [9/19] 288km/h
16. Bradley Smith GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 40.392s +1.218s [20/20] 290km/h
17. Nicky Hayden USA Aspar MotoGP Team (RC213V-RS) 1m 40.521s +1.347s [17/19] 280km/h
18. Yonny Hernandez COL Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 1m 40.604s +1.430s [16/17] 290km/h
19. Karel Abraham CZE Cardion AB Motoracing (RC213V-RS) 1m 41.059s +1.885s [11/19] 283km/h
20. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 41.064s +1.890s [19/19] 295km/h
21. Jack Miller AUS CWM LCR Honda (RC213V-RS)* 1m 41.201s +2.027s [15/17] 280km/h
22. Alvaro Bautista ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 1m 41.416s +2.242s [15/16] 279km/h
23. Mike Di Meglio FRA Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14 Open) 1m 41.433s +2.259s [16/16] 287km/h
24. Marco Melandri ITA Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 1m 41.914s +2.740s [14/17] 282km/h
25. Alex De Angelis RSM Octo IodaRacing (ART) 1m 42.333s +3.159s [14/19] 278km/h

FP2 Results:
1. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 1m 39.300s [Lap 14/20] 291km/h (Top Speed)
2. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 39.428s +0.128s [4/16] 293km/h
3. Andrea Iannone ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP15) 1m 39.511s +0.211s [18/18] 292km/h
4. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP15) 1m 39.535s +0.235s [17/17] 293km/h
5. Aleix Espargaro ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 1m 39.616s +0.316s [8/18] 282km/h
6. Danilo Petrucci ITA Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP14.1) 1m 39.718s +0.418s [2/18] 290km/h
7. Cal Crutchlow GBR CWM LCR Honda (RC213V) 1m 39.909s +0.609s [14/18] 290km/h
8. Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 39.953s +0.653s [13/15] 291km/h
9. Maverick Viñales ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR)* 1m 40.087s +0.787s [15/18] 284km/h
10. Scott Redding GBR Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) 1m 40.145s +0.845s [16/17] 292km/h
11. Bradley Smith GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 40.293s +0.993s [17/20] 289km/h
12. Yonny Hernandez COL Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 1m 40.363s +1.063s [14/15] 293km/h
13. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 1m 40.394s +1.094s [9/19] 289km/h
14. Mike Di Meglio FRA Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14 Open) 1m 40.444s +1.144s [15/19] 289km/h
15. Eugene Laverty IRL Aspar MotoGP Team (RC213V-RS)* 1m 40.514s +1.214s [12/18] 283km/h
16. Hector Barbera ESP Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14 Open) 1m 40.569s +1.269s [2/18] 291km/h
17. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 40.678s +1.378s [16/18] 292km/h
18. Alvaro Bautista ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 1m 40.752s +1.452s [19/19] 281km/h
19. Nicky Hayden USA Aspar MotoGP Team (RC213V-RS) 1m 40.819s +1.519s [15/18] 279km/h
20. Stefan Bradl GER Athina Forward Racing (Forward Yamaha) 1m 40.825s +1.525s [11/13] 286km/h
21. Karel Abraham CZE Cardion AB Motoracing (RC213V-RS) 1m 40.917s +1.617s [13/15] 284km/h
22. Jack Miller AUS CWM LCR Honda (RC213V-RS)* 1m 41.226s +1.926s [13/16] 284km/h
23. Loris Baz FRA Athina Forward Racing (Forward Yamaha)* 1m 41.422s +2.122s [3/18] 281km/h
24. Marco Melandri ITA Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 1m 41.450s +2.150s [15/16] 283km/h
25. Alex De Angelis RSM Octo IodaRacing (ART) 1m 42.176s +2.876s [9/14] 277km/h
post #22 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-01-2015, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

JL99 back on top, good to see, Yam Boss Lin Jarvis also confirmed JL99 is not going anywhere for 2016, 2 year contract in tact. Marcs fingers prob hurts like an SOB but he was able to get in a good FP2.

MotoGP Jerez: Lorenzo: I'm grateful Yamaha has faith in me 1 May 2015
Jorge Lorenzo tops free practice times on day one at Jerez in Spain - after being confirmed as factory Yamaha rider for 2016

Jorge Lorenzo believes he can recapture his best form with Yamaha after topping the free practice times at Jerez in Spain on Friday - on a day when it was confirmed the two-time MotoGP champion would remain with the factory in 2016.

The news was something of a surprise since Lorenzo, like team-mate Valentino Rossi, had been announced as signing a new two-year contract last season. A photo of Lorenzo holding a pit board reading "2015 2016 OK" was even issued.

However it turned out there were options that could have seen the Spaniard leave Yamaha at the end of this year.

“Yesterday [when the deal was done] was a great day for me and I am very grateful that Yamaha has faith in me even in a very hard moment," Lorenzo said. "Also from last year, especially the beginning of last year, not getting so many victories, then these three races.

"My dream is still the same, to retire with Yamaha. Not so many riders can say they stay in MotoGP in the same team in all the years. But you never know what will happen.

"What is for sure is for 2015, 2016 I will stay with Yamaha, especially I want to thank this faith with results, with victories, with pole positions, and fight as soon as possible for the world title again."

On track, the Movistar Yamaha rider headed the morning and afternoon sessions, setting a fastest lap overall in FP1 of 1m 39.174s to lead Suzuki's Aleix Espargaro on the combined day one times by 0.049s with Repsol Honda's Marc Marquez in third.

“My mentality from this morning was to go for it and don't think too much, just try to ride according to my instinct and it worked very well, especially in the morning,” he added.

“In the afternoon we tried the hard rear tyre that was very bad, with lots of spinning for everyone and I decided to go back to the softer one, since that one is much better in cold but also in warmer conditions.

“This time the hardest option is too hard and doesn't give you confidence.”

In the cooler temperatures in FP1, Lorenzo set the best lap of the day in 1m 39.174s to lead the way from Espargaro and Cal Crutchlow on the CWM LCR Honda.

The pace slowed slightly in FP2 as the temperatures rose, but Lorenzo was again fastest in 1m 39.300s from Marquez by 0.128s with Ducati's Andrea Iannone in third.

"This morning I was fast from the beginning, this afternoon we struggled a little bit more. But I think at this track we have improved, especially the entry of the corners. The [full seamless] gearbox helped and also the engine braking was working very well, But let's see what happens at 2 o'clock on Sunday."

MotoGP Jerez: Marquez: My finger hurts a lot 1 May 2015
Repsol Honda's Marc Marquez third fastest on combined times at Jerez on day one as reigning MotoGP world champion recovers from broken finger

Repsol Honda's Marc Marquez admitted that his injured finger caused him considerable pain as the reigning MotoGP champion finished third fastest overall on the combine times on day one at Jerez.

Marquez improved from eighth in FP1 to finish second fastest behind Movistar Yamaha's Jorge Lorenzo in the afternoon.

He posted his best lap of 1m 39.428s in FP2 to end the day 0.254s down on Lorenzo but was satisfied overall as he continues to recover from surgery after breaking the little finger on his left hand in a dirt bike training accident following the Argentina round.

“We can be happy that my hand has responded quite well today - as well as could be expected,” Marquez said.

“It hurts a lot but at least I can put in the laps. We'll see if tomorrow it is better or worse."

Marquez added that the injury is a bigger problem on the bike than riding with a healing broken leg at Qatar 2014, especially when "the bike has some shaking".

"But the important thing is that today we didn't use any painkillers," he continued. "Tomorrow I'll try to ride without painkillers again and only use [painkillers] on Sunday.

“As for the bike, I'm feeling pretty good with it and we are working well, but we need to improve some things - especially in the afternoon - when the track temperature rises,” he added.

“The race will be at this time, so we have to improve the set-up accordingly.”

Marquez starts round four trailing Valentino Rossi by 30-points after their collision in Argentina. The Yamaha rider was ninth fastest on Friday.

Dani Pedrosa remains sidelined after undergoing surgery to ease an ongoing arm-pump problem and his replacement, Hiroshi Aoyama, was 20th fastest overall on Friday as the HRC test rider prepares for his third successive race on the Repsol Honda.
post #23 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-01-2015, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

MotoGP Jerez: Rossi: Psychological side ‘not important’ 1 May 2015
“I think that the psychological side is not important. It's just important to have speed on the track" - Valentino Rossi
Valentino Rossi insists he won't be trying to play mind games with reigning MotoGP champion Marc Marquez, saying all that matters mentally is speed on the track.

Rossi, who has been chasing a tenth world title since 2010, leads the standings by six points from Ducati's Andrea Dovizioso.

But most expect undefeated double champion Marquez to soon emerge as Rossi's biggest threat. The Repsol Honda star trails the Italian by 30-points after their collision in Argentina, but there are still 15 rounds to go.

“I think that the psychological side is not important. It's just important to have speed on the track,” said Rossi, widely regarded as a master of mind games during his previous championship battles.

"The rest, we spoke a lot also in the past about my rivals, but for me psychologically you cannot do anything. You have to work and try to be competitive on Sundays. This is the key for the psychological effect!”

The Italian added: “Marc is very strong in the battles and he beat me in the past. So we just have to be more competitive in braking and entering the corner, where usually he is stronger than us. We have to demonstrate we have improved the bike and can brake deeper.”

Rossi's second win in three starts - Marquez won at Austin - came after he used the hardest rear tyre to reel-in his young rival, bridging a four-second gap to reach the Spaniard with three laps to go.

It was an unusual style of victory, but one that Rossi believes could happen again this season due to the different characteristics of the Yamaha and Honda. However he doubts such a race will occur at Jerez on Sunday.

“I think it can happen in another weekend because the Honda and Yamaha are very different, also for the tyres. So sometimes it can happen, but I don't think here,” he declared.

“At the same time I'm not sure about the hard tyre here. Everybody expected better from the hard, because it was the best tyre here last year, but for some reason - maybe less grip on the asphalt or something - the soft is now also an option for everybody.”

Rossi was speaking after Friday practice for the Spanish round, where he was ninth fastest while using the hardest rear tyre. Marquez, riding with a finger injury from a training accident, was third quickest.
post #24 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-01-2015, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

Re Dani: too bad he wasnt able to race this weekend, will be interesting to see him back in it
MotoGP: Honda confident of Pedrosa return at Le Mans 1 May 2015
“The plan is to have Dani back in Le Mans. Honestly there's nothing at the moment that says he won't be there,” – Livio Suppo

Repsol Honda MotoGP team manager Livio Suppo joined HRC vice president Shuhei Nakamoto for a press conference at Jerez to underline their belief that Dani Pedrosa will be ready to return next time at Le Mans.

Pedrosa has missed the second, third and fourth rounds of the new season following his latest surgery for troublesome arm-pump problems.

The Spaniard initially planned to return at this weekend's home Spanish grand prix, but a test aboard a Supermoto bike on the Monday before race weekend confirmed the arm had not healed sufficiently to complete a full race weekend.

“We want to be positive,” Suppo, whose other rider Marc Marquez underwent finger surgery last weekend, told reporters in HRC's hospitality. “We haven't been the most lucky team in the paddock. But thank god both riders aren't in a very bad situation. Dani was not here [but] the plan is to have him back in Le Mans. Honestly there's nothing at the moment that says he won't be there.

“Dani had some problems even after [previous] surgery, this was clear. He won races last year but in others he had some problems. First of all it wasn't a constant problem because it was up and down.

“Second everyone was hoping rest would help the arm to fully recover. That's why at the end of the day he didn't do the surgery this winter. We still believe the doctors thought it was better not to touch it again.

“Then we arrived in Qatar again and it's a big problem. We knew we needed to find another strategy.”

Suppo dismissed accusations that a recent breakdown in communication had occurred between Pedrosa and HRC over the issue.

He said, “We spoke with Dani every day. He didn't say he was sure [to race] here so we weren't wrong. We said we hope that he will come here. We always said that he had to do the [Supermoto] test on Monday. He did the test on Monday. We spoke on Monday. He said, let me wait until tomorrow morning because the arm is not as expected. Let me see, I sleep on it one night.”

Questions were also raised as to why it took until the first race of 2015 for Pedrosa to realise the arm pump problem was persisting. Again, Suppo rejected criticism of HRC's actions with Pedrosa's recovery.

“In Sepang 1 [test] he did almost a full race simulation – 17 laps. Anyway nowadays almost no one does race simulation because we don't have so many test. There's no more tyre test. In the past we were close to the race simulation because there was a Bridgestone and Michelin competition. That was the key target.

“Nowadays we work in a different way. We need to test with different riders, different chassis. The Qatar problem came out quite big and different than anyone can expect. Honestly it's been difficult to replicate a race anyway. Even if you stay out for 20 laps it's still not the same as doing the race.”
post #25 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-01-2015, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Stoner, can we finally put an end to this lol
MotoGP Jerez: Honda rule out Stoner comeback in 2015 1 May 2015
Honda's Shuhei Nakamoto believes former MotoGP champion Casey Stoner wouldn't have enough time to test, should Dani Pedrosa's injury persist

HRC vice president Shuhei Nakamoto has 'realistically' ruled out a Casey Stoner return to MotoGP in 2015, although he included the caveat 'everything is possible'.

With Dani Pedrosa sidelined by arm pump surgery after Qatar, it emerged that retired champion Stoner had approached HRC as a replacement for the Texan and Argentinean rounds.

However, Nakamoto and Honda felt there was not enough time to prepare for what would have been a sensational comeback to the series Stoner won for both Ducati (2007) and Honda (2011).

“I would like to see Casey fighting at least for a podium, but we do not have enough time to prepare. This is the reason,” Nakamoto said at Jerez on Friday, repeating the explanation given at Austin.

“[He would need] at least one test. Realistically if we need Casey he comes back next year. Not this year because we have no time. For me this is not the time to think about this thing.”

Instead Nakamoto and Repsol Honda team manager Livio Suppo are focussing on getting Pedrosa back to full racing fitness. “Honestly we don't want to think like this. We want to be positive,” said the Italian.

Nakamoto did however include the caveat, "Everything is possible. Everything. [But] we will continue with Aoyama [if Pedrosa isn't fit for the next round at Le Mans].”

Suppo and Nakamoto also batted away claims that Dorna had previously blocked a possible Stoner return in 2013, when LCR Honda's Stefan Bradl was injured just before the Australian Grand Prix.

“This is not true. We never asked the rider to return,” said Nakamoto.

Still only 29, Stoner retired from MotoGP at the end of 2013. However the Australian remains a development rider for HRC, with his most recent MotoGP test at Sepang in January. This apparently did not involve set-up work, with Stoner nonetheless "around 1.5s" from his record lap.

Stoner appeared to disagree with Honda's reasons for turning down his offer, Tweeting: "Bummer I'm not racing, no prep was needed as I wasn't planning on winning, just replacing a good friend and having some fun in Texas!:)"

But that didn't change the biggest news, which was that Stoner - who had been critical of MotoGP during his final season - wanted to return, fuelling hopes of at least a wild-card ride in the future.

The #27, whose replacement Marc Marquez has won the MotoGP title for Repsol Honda in 2013 and 2014, will make a two-wheel comeback in this year's Suzuka 8 Hours Endurance race.
post #26 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-01-2015, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

close up of Marcs grip

Last edited by CBR Time; 05-01-2015 at 09:29 PM.
post #27 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-01-2015, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

just a few shots from today

Last edited by CBR Time; 05-01-2015 at 09:39 PM.
post #28 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-02-2015, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

FP3 Results:
1. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 1m 38.493s [Lap 19/21] 290km/h (Top Speed)
2. Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 38.547s +0.054s [16/19] 290km/h
3. Cal Crutchlow GBR CWM LCR Honda (RC213V) 1m 38.575s +0.082s [16/18] 289km/h
4. Aleix Espargaro ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 1m 38.653s +0.160s [16/17] 284km/h
5. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP15) 1m 38.728s +0.235s [16/17] 294km/h
6. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 1m 38.767s +0.274s [17/20] 288km/h
7. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 38.860s +0.367s [4/18] 292km/h
8. Andrea Iannone ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP15) 1m 38.876s +0.383s [18/20] 295km/h
9. Bradley Smith GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 38.924s +0.431s [20/21] 290km/h
10. Scott Redding GBR Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) 1m 39.151s +0.658s [16/18] 287km/h
11. Maverick Viñales ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR)* 1m 39.196s +0.703s [17/19] 284km/h
12. Danilo Petrucci ITA Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP14.1) 1m 39.229s +0.736s [16/17] 288km/h
13. Yonny Hernandez COL Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 1m 39.312s +0.819s [15/18] 292km/h
14. Hector Barbera ESP Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14 Open) 1m 39.582s +1.089s [16/18] 294km/h
15. Alvaro Bautista ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 1m 39.724s +1.231s [16/18] 281km/h
16. Karel Abraham CZE Cardion AB Motoracing (RC213V-RS) 1m 39.824s +1.331s [16/18] 285km/h
17. Mike Di Meglio FRA Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14 Open) 1m 39.840s +1.347s [3/13] 290km/h
18. Stefan Bradl GER Athina Forward Racing (Forward Yamaha) 1m 39.882s +1.389s [17/20] 290km/h
19. Eugene Laverty IRL Aspar MotoGP Team (RC213V-RS)* 1m 40.088s +1.595s [15/15] 279km/h
20. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 40.149s +1.656s [20/20] 293km/h
21. Loris Baz FRA Athina Forward Racing (Forward Yamaha)* 1m 40.354s +1.861s [13/18] 280km/h
22. Jack Miller AUS CWM LCR Honda (RC213V-RS)* 1m 40.486s +1.993s [11/16] 285km/h
23. Nicky Hayden USA Aspar MotoGP Team (RC213V-RS) 1m 40.499s +2.006s [12/18] 280km/h
24. Alex De Angelis RSM Octo IodaRacing (ART) 1m 41.049s +2.556s [3/17] 280km/h
25. Marco Melandri ITA Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 1m 41.433s +2.940s [5/13] 280km/h

FP4 Results:
1. Andrea Iannone ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP15) 1m 39.360s [Lap 4/14] 293km/h (Top Speed)
2. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 1m 39.584s +0.224s [5/15] 286km/h
3. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP15) 1m 39.595s +0.235s [2/15] 294km/h
4. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 39.740s +0.380s [3/10] 292km/h
5. Cal Crutchlow GBR CWM LCR Honda (RC213V) 1m 39.954s +0.594s [4/14] 289km/h
6. Danilo Petrucci ITA Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP14.1) 1m 40.028s +0.668s [2/12] 288km/h
7. Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 40.053s +0.693s [4/14] 288km/h
8. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 1m 40.102s +0.742s [8/15] 287km/h
9. Maverick Viñales ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR)* 1m 40.385s +1.025s [12/12] 281km/h
10. Aleix Espargaro ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 1m 40.430s +1.070s [3/13] 280km/h
11. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 40.537s +1.177s [3/12] 292km/h
12. Eugene Laverty IRL Aspar MotoGP Team (RC213V-RS)* 1m 40.786s +1.426s [3/15] 280km/h
13. Scott Redding GBR Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) 1m 40.823s +1.463s [12/15] 285km/h
14. Stefan Bradl GER Athina Forward Racing (Forward Yamaha) 1m 40.829s +1.469s [9/13] 283km/h
15. Hector Barbera ESP Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14 Open) 1m 40.852s +1.492s [10/16] 288km/h
16. Loris Baz FRA Athina Forward Racing (Forward Yamaha)* 1m 40.878s +1.518s [6/11] 279km/h
17. Yonny Hernandez COL Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 1m 40.915s +1.555s [3/11] 290km/h
18. Bradley Smith GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 40.932s +1.572s [4/8] 287km/h
19. Jack Miller AUS CWM LCR Honda (RC213V-RS)* 1m 41.033s +1.673s [5/10] 281km/h
20. Karel Abraham CZE Cardion AB Motoracing (RC213V-RS) 1m 41.231s +1.871s [3/9] 281km/h
21. Alvaro Bautista ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 1m 41.264s +1.904s [2/11] 279km/h
22. Mike Di Meglio FRA Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14 Open) 1m 41.316s +1.956s [3/7] 286km/h
23. Alex De Angelis RSM Octo IodaRacing (ART) 1m 41.504s +2.144s [2/14] 277km/h
24. Nicky Hayden USA Aspar MotoGP Team (RC213V-RS) 1m 41.595s +2.235s [13/14] 277km/h
25. Marco Melandri ITA Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 1m 42.188s +2.828s [7/9] 280km/h
post #29 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-02-2015, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

Q1 Results:
1. Danilo Petrucci ITA Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP14.1) 1m 39.250s [Lap 6/6] 290km/h (Top Speed)
2. Yonny Hernandez COL Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 1m 39.427s +0.177s [7/7] 290km/h

3. Hector Barbera ESP Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14 Open) 1m 39.569s +0.319s [5/6] 292km/h
4. Maverick Viñales ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR)* 1m 39.603s +0.353s [3/7] 280km/h
5. Alvaro Bautista ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 1m 39.612s +0.362s [6/8] 277km/h
6. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 39.866s +0.616s [6/8] 290km/h
7. Eugene Laverty IRL Aspar MotoGP Team (RC213V-RS)* 1m 39.974s +0.724s [6/8] 281km/h
8. Nicky Hayden USA Aspar MotoGP Team (RC213V-RS) 1m 40.025s +0.775s [5/7] 278km/h
9. Stefan Bradl GER Athina Forward Racing (Forward Yamaha) 1m 40.166s +0.916s [3/7] 281km/h
10. Karel Abraham CZE Cardion AB Motoracing (RC213V-RS) 1m 40.177s +0.927s [7/8] 281km/h
11. Loris Baz FRA Athina Forward Racing (Forward Yamaha)* 1m 40.280s +1.030s [2/5] 279km/h
12. Jack Miller AUS CWM LCR Honda (RC213V-RS)* 1m 40.365s +1.115s [3/8] 280km/h
13. Mike Di Meglio FRA Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14 Open) 1m 40.817s +1.567s [2/4] 287km/h
14. Alex De Angelis RSM Octo IodaRacing (ART) 1m 41.108s +1.858s [5/7] 276km/h
15. Marco Melandri ITA Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 1m 41.273s +2.023s [2/6] 281km/h

Q2 Results:
1. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 1m 37.910s [Lap 8/8] 287km/h (Top Speed) NEW RECORD
2. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 38.300s +0.390s [6/7] 290km/h
3. Andrea Iannone ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP15) 1m 38.468s +0.558s [5/8] 293km/h
4. Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 38.539s +0.629s [2/6] 286km/h
5. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 1m 38.632s +0.722s [8/8] 286km/h
6. Aleix Espargaro ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 1m 38.638s +0.728s [8/8] 280km/h
7. Cal Crutchlow GBR CWM LCR Honda (RC213V) 1m 38.714s +0.804s [2/8] 291km/h
8. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP15) 1m 38.823s +0.913s [5/6] 294km/h
9. Yonny Hernandez COL Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 1m 39.464s +1.554s [5/6] 289km/h
10. Bradley Smith GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 39.491s +1.581s [3/8] 288km/h
11. Danilo Petrucci ITA Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP14.1) 1m 39.789s +1.879s [2/5] 289km/h
12. Scott Redding GBR Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) 1m 39.825s +1.915s [5/7] 284km/h
post #30 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-02-2015, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

JL99 Back big time, setting new lap record! he is def a rider that thrives on confidence and he is full of it and looking good! Marc was awesome and will start P2, he will take pain killers tomorrow today he did not, sooo happy he didnt hurt his hand in his crash. Vale a bit disappointing and missed the front row, will start on the second row P5. AI29 completes the first row P3. Dovi was a surprise? P8 tomorrow, im sure we will see a great race tomorrow!!

MotoGP Jerez: Lorenzo mocks ‘crisis’ after record pole 2 May 2015
“A lot of people said that I had a crisis and I was down, it was one of my worst moments, but just two days later I rode this impressive lap time” - Jorge Lorenzo.

Former MotoGP champion Jorge Lorenzo hit back at his critics by delivering a record pole position at Jerez on Saturday.

Lorenzo has failed to claim a podium in the opening three events, leaving him 29 points behind team-mate and title leader Valentino Rossi, winner of two races.

But he has been fastest in all but one session so far this weekend, dominating qualifying to claim his first pole since Misano with a new circuit record of 1m 37.910s.

Injured reigning champion Marc Marquez was 0.390s slower, with Ducati's Andrea Iannone over half-a-second behind.

“A lot of people said that I had a crisis and I was down, it was one of my worst moments, but just two days later I rode this impressive lap time,” said Lorenzo.

“That shows that in racing you can't say things like 'this guy is down, he's finished' because the next day he's going to be at the front.

"The opposite is true too, you can't say you're the best, because the next day you're at the back, so we have to be humble and work to take profit of the opportunities.

“I've got back my confidence. I've changed a little bit the way of riding and thinking on the bike and it worked very well. Also we arrived here without any physically problems. It's a combination of things and I feel great on the bike now.

"Setting the new pole position record is unbelievable. I rode many impressive lap times in my career, but this one is very special."

Lorenzo improved his pole time on each of his three qualifying runs and, like all his main rivals, is expected to race with the hard front and medium compound rear tyres.

“A 1'37.9 with these temperatures is very impressive and I am very satisfied. I didn't risk too much in acceleration because you can injure yourself if you crash in a highside, but I pushed a lot more in the braking and maximum lean and it worked.

"Marc will be strong tomorrow as always and the Ducatis too, but the race is going to be another story. However our pace is very good, I can stay in the 1m 39s easily and I feel very comfortable with the softer tyre when it's dropping.

"But let's see what happens in the race with more fuel in the tank and more pressure. If we don't make a good race we cannot say 'we came back'.”

Lorenzo's performance has coincided with the news that he will remain at Yamaha in 2016.

"For sure it gives you the 'quiet' to ride better," he said of the deal. "But I never had too much pressure about the contract. I always try to forget about what is happening off the track.

"However Yamaha have supported me even when I wasn't winning and this was important in making the decision."

Lorenzo made his grand prix debut at Jerez in 2002 and has gone on to win four times at the circuit, including MotoGP victories in 2010 and 2011. However he managed only fourth last year after qualifying second.

Rossi starts from fifth position.

MotoGP Jerez: Marquez: Painkillers for the race 2 May 2015
“Tomorrow will be a difficult race and it will be hard to finish the 27 laps” - Marc Marquez.

Reigning MotoGP champion Marc Marquez hopes painkillers will help his race day chances, after qualifying an impressive second for Sunday's Spanish Grand Prix.

The Repsol Honda star underwent surgery exactly one week ago after fracturing his left little finger in a dirt track accident.

Marquez has avoided using painkillers for practice and qualifying, when he bounced back from a final practice fall to put his RC213V second on the grid behind Jorge Lorenzo.

Crucially for Marquez, he will also start one row in front of Lorenzo's Yamaha team-mate Valentino Rossi, who is 30-points clear of Marquez after their clash in Argentina.

"We knew it would be hard work to get onto the front row,” said Marquez, who won the opening ten races of last season but has claimed only one win from the three events this year.

“We had prepared three sets of tyres to use in the qualifying session, however, after the crash, I preferred not to push things and we used just the two - but we could not make it onto pole.

“The goal was the front row and we succeeded, so I am very happy about that, but we also know that tomorrow will be a difficult race and it will be hard to finish the 27 laps.

“Today I was able to ride without painkillers and tomorrow I will be using them. The finger is painful after a few laps so that will be important, but the finger also feels no worse than yesterday and Dr Mir said that is a good thing.

"I'm happy with the package and tomorrow we will see where we can be and we will try to fight for the podium.

"Jorge is really impressive this weekend, at the moment he is one step in front of us. With Valentino we have a similar pace, but we know he always improves for the race.

"Of course we will try to do something in the warm-up but [fighting the Yamahas for victory] is not the main target for this weekend. The most important is get points and try to finish on the podium.

"The biggest question mark for me is my physical condition. I struggle most when the bike moves under braking. I've changed the handlebar grip and I'm pushing more with the right arm to compensate for the finger and it stresses more the muscles. Maybe I'll be finished by lap 15.

"I'll try to be a little smoother than usual, give 100 percent, concentrate and try to forget about the finger."

Marquez suffered the finger injury when his hand was run over by a friend.

Marquez, whose team-mate Dani Pedrosa remains on the sidelines for a third successive race following arm pump surgery, won last year's Spanish Grand Prix by 1.4s from Rossi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page