Moto GP 2015 Round 12 British, Silverstone ***SPOILER*** - 600RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-24-2015, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
BOTM Winner 8/12 / Super Moderator

Thanked 1,043 Times in 921 Posts
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Moto GP 2015 Round 12 British, Silverstone ***SPOILER***

Well we are all tied up in points between VR and JL, Marc continues to be strong, but it'll take almost a miracle to win his 3rd title at this point, he'll need to win almost every race and hope one of the Yams DNF's. Not impossible but highly doubtful even for him. I'm hoping to see Vale take his 10th title, but it'll be very tough to stay ahead of Jorge imo.

About the circuit

With more than 60 years of history Silverstone has become one of the most prestigious venues dedicated to motorsport. Completely revamped in recent years, a multimillion pound investment saw the completion in 2010 of a first phase of works to greatly improve the venue, making it one of the fastest tracks on the MotoGP calendar and earning high praise from the World Championship riders who enjoyed the new layout. The ‘Silverstone Wing’, a state-of-the-art, multi-million pound complex, became a new landmark at the circuit from 2011, thus adding to already breathtaking facilities at Silverstone.

Current Points:
1 Jorge LORENZO Yamaha SPA 211
2 Valentino ROSSI Yamaha ITA 211
3 Marc MARQUEZ Honda SPA 159
4 Andrea IANNONE Ducati ITA 142
5 Bradley SMITH Yamaha GBR 106
6 Andrea DOVIZIOSO Ducati ITA 104
7 Dani PEDROSA Honda SPA 91
8 Pol ESPARGARO Yamaha SPA 81
9 Cal CRUTCHLOW Honda GBR 74
10 Danilo PETRUCCI Ducati ITA 63
11 Maverick VIÑALES Suzuki SPA 62
12 Aleix ESPARGARO Suzuki SPA 53
13 Yonny HERNANDEZ Ducati COL 41
14 Scott REDDING Honda GBR 37
15 Hector BARBERA Ducati SPA 20
16 Alvaro BAUTISTA Aprilia SPA 16
17 Loris BAZ Yamaha Forward FRA 15
18 Jack MILLER Honda AUS 12
19 Stefan BRADL Aprilia GER 11
20 Michele PIRRO Ducati ITA 8
21 Nicky HAYDEN Honda USA 8
22 Eugene LAVERTY Honda IRL 7
23 Hiroshi AOYAMA Honda JPN 5
24 Mike DI MEGLIO Ducati FRA 2
25 Alex DE ANGELIS ART RSM 1

2014 Podium:
MM, JL, VR

Last edited by CBR Time; 08-24-2015 at 07:26 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to CBR Time For This Useful Post:
BikerMonkey (08-28-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-24-2015, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

Meet and greet your MotoGP™ heroes on Wednesday
Fans are invited to London to meet Lorenzo, Crutchlow, Smith and Redding this Wednesday.

MotoGP™ fans can meet and greet their heroes on Wednesday ahead of this weekend's Octo British Grand Prix at Silverstone.

Double World Champion and current Championship contender, Jorge Lorenzo, will be joined by British riders Bradley Smith, Cal Crutchlow and Scott Redding, plus Moto2 star Sam Lowes and Moto3 Championship leader Danny Kent for the official press conference ahead of the race weekend.

Fans are invited to Potters Fields Park on 26th August on London’s Southbank from 12.45pm to grab an autograph and to share a selfie or two with the riders.

Speaking ahead of the event Cal Crutchlow, said: ”It will be fantastic to be back on home soil ahead of the British Grand Prix and gives us a great opportunity to be able to meet with so many fans before the race weekend. Silverstone is one of my favourite places to race and I’ve been fortunate to have had some good results at this track over the years. The UK crowds are always amazing and the fans are always so passionate about racing – I can’t wait for the weekend.”

The Octo British Grand Prix gets underway on Friday at 9am on BT Sport
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-24-2015, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

A championship tied at the top with seven rounds remaining, all to play for, but who does history predict as the winner?

The MotoGP™ World Championship enters its final stages; just seven races remain to decide the 2015 MotoGP™ World Champion. Movistar Yamaha’s Jorge Lorenzo and Valentino Rossi have horns locked at the top, tied on points. Meanwhile Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) sits in third, eagerly waiting to pick up the pieces should one falter.

History once again provides us with a preview of what's to come, the last two years have seen all three championship protagonists race on the same bikes at the same tracks, producing a relatively even level to compare them on. The 2013 season saw both Marquez and Lorenzo head into the end stages with a chance at taking the title, while 2014 had Marquez enter having already won ten races in a row and using the latter half of the year to see how far he could push his limits.

Both seasons have seen Rossi finish well but out of championship contention. 2014, the stronger of the two seasons overall, saw Rossi take two third places, two wins and two seconds as well as a DNF in the last seven races. 2013 saw Rossi amass only 94 points, as he continued to re-learn the Yamaha after his venture to Ducati. These are strong results but minor inconsistencies could prove to have huge ramifications.

Of the remaining seven circuits both Misano and Phillip Island have seen Rossi do well historically, but he’ll need more than two wins to fight back against Lorenzo and hold off a Marc Marquez who has nothing to lose. In 2014 Marquez entered the final seven races also with nothing to lose having already put a hand on the title. These seven races saw Marquez crash three times: in Misano chasing Rossi, in Aragon while pushing dry tyres too far in the wet and in Phillip Island with a comfortable lead.

Aside from these three races Marquez finished no lower than second. During the 2013 season Marquez was still fighting for the title, no comfortable ten-race-win-cushion to rest on. Here he finished off the podium only once, again in Phillip Island. Since moving to the MotoGP™ class Marquez has never finished an Australian Grand Prix, disqualified in 2013 due to not making the mandatory pit stop in time. Aside from this blight 2013 was filled with second place finishes, a win and a third,

Strong results, but Marquez also has to contend with a 52 point deficit in 2015 and his historical form may not be enough to close the gap, especially if both Rossi and Lorenzo can repeat their own history.

If Rossi and Marquez’s form in the last seven races appears strong, then Lorenzo’s historical performances are herculean. In the last two years Lorenzo has only once finished off the podium in the final seven races, and only twice off the top two steps. Of the tracks left Sepang is Lorenzo’s worst, with two thirds.

His lone DNF came at Valencia in 2014, retiring with six laps to go after coming in for wet tyres and struggling down in 20th as the rain never settled. Even with the DNF Lorenzo scored 126 points in those final seven races, the season before he scored 161. In 2014, Rossi’s better end to the season, he scored 122 points and in 2013 when Marquez was still fighting for the title and not pushing his limits scored 121. Numbers and history weigh heavily in Lorenzo’s favour, but anything can still happen.

No doubt with Lorenzo and Rossi having been so close this year sparks will fly as the two look for an edge over the other. That's before adding the lighter fluid that is Marc Marquez into the mix, no doubt he'll be looking to end his season with as many wins as he can muster no matter the cost. The end of the season looks set to be a fiery one.

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-25-2015, 07:32 AM Thread Starter

Jarvis: “We must keep winning races” little chat with the Yam Boss

Yamaha’s Lin Jarvis chats to *********** about how the factory team reversed their fortunes, Rossi’s hunger and the epic championship battle.

Yamaha Factory Racing Managing Director Lin Jarvis chatted to *********** about the current championship battle between his two riders, Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo, and how he thinks the season could play out:

Lin, it must be the dream position to find yourself in, with both of your riders tied on points of the top of the

MotoGP™ World Championship standings?
“Sure, we are very fortunate to find ourselves in this situation at this stage. I am very, and we collectively, are extremely happy to be in this situation. Long may it last.”

What’s been the key to turning it around?
“Well, I think that basically these are the benefits we are seeing of something we started in the first half of last season really, as a result of Honda’s domination. Racing is often cyclical by nature because when one gets defeated, you have to dig deeper, you have to find solutions and work extremely well to come to the top again. I think the defeats of last season, the first ten victories of Marquez were pretty brutal and really thats when we obviously started to work hard to improve the bike. That’s been something that we already saw the benefits of in the second half of last season, where we were able to get more points than HRC both with Lorenzo and with Rossi. I think that the fortunate thing is that we were able to continue the evolution of our bike throughout the winter period, we had some good test,and our riders have also stayed in very good shape physically and mentally. After being defeated so definitively last year, we realised that the bike needed to be improved in its weak areas.

In particularly in braking, mechanical grip, corner enter and acceleration. We knew the areas we had to work on and our engineers did a very good job in the second half of last season and in particularly the winter. The riders, on the other side, did their part of the job and they really arrived at the beginning of this season in great shape, very fit, very hungry, very lean and very competitive and I think that these are the main two points that have resulted in this situation and of course our competitor faced some difficulties. Marc particularly struggled with the bike in the first half of the season and also Dani struggled with his arm pump injury, which possibly could be related to the nature of the bike.

It is quite a handful, it takes a lot of physical effort to ride the Honda, which probably compounded his issues. Due to those issues and problems, Marc was then forced to override the machine to compensate for its shortfalls, and he made three very important mistakes, when he fell three times. Thats the fortunate side of it. Part of it is hard work, responding to the problem on both the engineer and rider side. The other part is the fortune that Honda made some errors in the winter during testing and created a bike that was a bit of a handful for their riders.”
The new M1 definitely seems to play to your riders strengths, Lorenzo at times has almost looked unbeatable…
“I think that this has always been Yamaha’s philosophy in general with our racing bikes and with our production bikes, man and machine in harmony is what it is all about. At the end of the day you can create a machine that is ultimately super powerful, with super high technology, but if the rider doesn't have that feeling, and if doesn't give the feedback to the rider and it’s not manageable, it’s not easy to ride, then the rider cannot perform at his maximum level. This is something Valentino has been very sensitive to over the years as we have worked with him, to develop a bike with a good solid base that he can feel comfortable on. That’s resulted also in Jorge side, as we have seen and know so well, when he is in that particular zone, when he feels completely at one with the machine, he is very, very often close to perfect and almost unbeatable. We have seen that in five races this year where he has lead from start to finish.

In the five races he has won this year, he has never not led across the line. So for some of the races, it may not produce the most exciting spectacle, but for the connoisseurs of motorcycle racing to watch him in action is quite special. So here we are, 7 races to go, both riders on equal points, and 8 race wins so far for Yamaha. The target now is basically to just keep doing what we are doing, but we are not making the mistake of thinking Marc Marquez is out of the game. There are a lot of points available still, if Marc can pick up 9 points on the leader at each of the last races then its enough. Therefore we must keep winning races, which I am quite confident we can do. We have several circuits coming up that favour our bikes and riders. So I am quite confident, but you always have to be aware, because in motorsport anything can happen.”

Could the championship battle go all the way to Valencia?
“Yes, I think it definitely could, if we see the way the leadership has swung from basically Vale had an advantage, Jorge closed it down, Vale opened up another advantage, and Jorge’s closed it down. If we look at the last six or seven races, nobody has been able to break away and open up an advantage. So if we look at the next six or seven races, we could find ourselves coming into Valencia in a very similar situation. I certainly hope we don't end up in that position, I am sure the spectators would be happy if we did, but I personally would like it to done one race before Valencia. But I think it’s almost impossible for the championship to be decided before Malaysia.”

Is this the hungriest you have seen Valentino Rossi, as he hunts for that elusive 10th title?
“Yes, I would say so. To see him comeback after effectively five years of defeat, with his last championship win back in 2009, is incredible. To be leading the championship up until the last race, its quite phenomenal for somebody of 36 against these younger riders who has been through a period of difficulty for several years. This season he is riding exceptionally well, eleven podiums, plus the four at the end of last season, so his consistency is excellent. His motivation is huge, his attention to detail is still the same, and for me personally he is riding as good as he ever has in the past. The way he has been able to adapt his style over the years is incredible, there are very few riders, racers, pilots, skiers, any sportsman that are able to make that significant change to adapt themselves to a new style, to a new requirement at the latter stages of their career. I think thats the phenomenal thing and that shows his passion.”

How do you see it unfolding at the British GP?
“You are always hoping for a 1-2! For me I really believe we can get another double podium and one of our riders can win the race. I would say that the circuit is more favourable to Jorge than Valentino, we know that he has been strong there in the past, and had some great battles with Marc. I think Marc will be strong there as well, but if Jorge can replicate the form he had in Brno, I think he can win the race. Double podium for sure, I just pray it wont be raining!”

Last edited by Moeman; 08-30-2015 at 03:36 AM.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-25-2015, 07:46 AM Thread Starter

All Times EST (Eastern)
Press Conf
Thursday Aug 27 12pm (noon)
Practice
Friday 28
04:00 - 04:40 Moto3 FP1
04:55 - 05:40 MotoGP FP1
05:55 - 06:40 Moto2 FP1
08:10 - 08:50 Moto3 FP2
09:05 - 09:50 MotoGP FP2
10:05 - 10:50 Moto2 FP2
Practice/Qual
Sat 29
04:00 - 04:40 Moto3 FP3
04:55 - 05:40 MotoGP FP3
05:55 - 06:40 Moto2 FP3
07:35 - 08:15 Moto3 QP
08:30 - 09:00 MotoGP FP4
09:10 - 09:25 MotoGP Q1
09:35 - 09:50 MotoGP Q2
10:05 - 10:50 Moto2 QP
Race
Sun 30
04:00 - 04:20 Moto2 WUP
04:30 - 04:50 MotoGP WUP
05:00 - 05:20 Moto3 WUP
06:20 Moto2 c RAC
08:00 MotoGP c RAC
09:30 Moto3 c RAC
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-25-2015, 03:55 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Bradley Smith re-signs with Tech 3 for 2016. I assume he did a one year deal in the hopes that he gets a factory ride since all factory riders' contracts are currently scheduled to be up for grabs in 2017.

http://m.crash.net/motogp/news/22233...ch-3-deal.html
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-26-2015, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

thx, was going to post. good for him. Big things to come for Bradders imo
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-26-2015, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Cal also signed today, staying put (2yr deal with LCR)
MotoGP: Cal Crutchlow stays at LCR
26 August 2015

"I am very happy to continue my relationship with LCR for 2016 and 2017" - Cal Crutchlow
After racing for three different MotoGP manufacturers in three seasons, Cal Crutchlow will remain at LCR Honda for 2016.

The Englishman has signed a new one-year deal 'with a further option for 2017', announced on the eve of his home British Grand Prix at Silverstone.

"I am very happy to continue my relationship with LCR for 2016 and 2017," Crutchlow said. "Lucio has a fantastic team and I look forward to growing further with them and with Honda. We started the season well and I believe we can score some great results in the rest of this year and in the season to come."

Team principal Lucio Cecchinello added: "I am happy to announce the extension of our cooperation with Cal, who is one of the most talented riders in the whole MotoGP field.

"He has got the skills and the potential to battle with the top riders and fight for the podium spots, as he demonstrated in Argentina earlier this season. Cal is extremely professional and during the season we have built up a great rapport. it's a pleasure to be working with Cal again in 2016 and I look forward to the years to come."

Crutchlow is the only satellite rider to have claimed a podium this season - meaning he has now taken MotoGP rostrums on Yamaha, Ducati and Honda machinery - and has rarely been threatened by fellow satellite RC213V rider Scott Redding.

However four non-scores have badly hurt Crutchlow's championship position and he is currently ninth in the standings.

LCR also announced that Crutchlow will race in GIVI livery, rather than the usual CWM colours, at Silverstone.

Uncertainty over sponsorship may also force LCR to revert to a single rider entry next year, meaning Crutchlow's Open class team-mate Jack Miller (on a multi-year HRC contract) would be placed elsewhere.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-26-2015, 01:58 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

I don't understand some of the contracts. I believe guys like CC and Miller are signed with Honda, like the Factory guys are. Smith is signed with Tech 3, while Pol is signed directly with Yamaha, correct? Financially, does this mean that a satellite team pays the Factory for the rider's services, as well as bike support? For instance, is it better for Tech 3 financially to sign Bradley directly, or Espargaro indirectly through Yamaha? Does Honda dictate to a team whether Miller rides for them?

This stuff hurts my brain....
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 07:34 AM Thread Starter

As history has a habit of repeating itself, it was Marc Marquez who headed Jorge Lorenzo in the opening MotoGP Free Practice session at Silverstone.

The two riders that have lit up the British Grand Prix since 2013, with two breathtaking battles, opened the weekend comfortably ahead of the pack with Valentino Rossi 0.85s off first place in third.

Cool conditions greeted riders on Friday morning, a stark contrast from the soaring temperatures of Brno. Yet it was Marquez that romped to the fastest time, ending the 45 minutes 0.38s clear of championship leader Lorenzo.

Marquez and Honda team-mate Dani Pedrosa spent the session on the soft front tyre while the Yamahas felt the extra-soft more appropriate for the cool temperatures. The conditions, coupled with the bumpy surface, saw even Marquez struggle to get within two seconds of the official lap record.

With 0.8s covering the stretched-out top three, the remainder of the top ten lapped within half a second of Rossi's best. Behind the 36-year old, Ducati pairing Andrea Iannone and Dovizioso followed as the former adapted to and rode two upgraded GP15s, which he opted not race in the Czech Republic.

Dovizioso was just four hundredths off his team-mate, as he continues to test the old model and the updated GP15 back-to-back. As he did in Brno, Dovizioso began the session on the old before moving aboard the updated machine.

Scott Redding enjoyed an encouraging first session as the Englishman – a two-time winner of his home grand prix – finished as top British rider in sixth.

Determined not to be outdone, Bradley Smith finished a place behind his countryman, while Dani Pedrosa began the weekend in subdued fashion in eighth. Cal Crutchlow rounded out the top ten, a place behind Smith's team-mate Pol Espargaro.

There was an encouraging performance from Eugene Laverty in 15th. The Northern Irishman, and former World Supersport winner around this track, was 0.2s faster than the next best 'Open' machine.

FP1 Results:
1. Marc Marquez
2. Jorge Lorenzo
3. Valentino Rossi
4. Andrea Iannone
5. Andrea Dovizioso
6. Scott Redding
7. Bradley Smith
8. Dani Pedrosa
9. Pol Espargaro
10. Cal Crutchlow
11. Danilo Petrucci
12. Maverick Viñales
13. Aleix Espargaro
14. Yonny Hernandez
15. Eugene Laverty
16. Alvaro Bautista
17. Loris Baz
18. Stefan Bradl
19. Nicky Hayden
20. Alex De Angelis
21. Karel Abraham
22. Jack Miller
23. Mike Di Meglio
24. Hector Barbera
25. Claudio Corti
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 07:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomCue View Post
I don't understand some of the contracts. I believe guys like CC and Miller are signed with Honda, like the Factory guys are. Smith is signed with Tech 3, while Pol is signed directly with Yamaha, correct? Financially, does this mean that a satellite team pays the Factory for the rider's services, as well as bike support? For instance, is it better for Tech 3 financially to sign Bradley directly, or Espargaro indirectly through Yamaha? Does Honda dictate to a team whether Miller rides for them?

This stuff hurts my brain....

now my brain hurts lol. To be honest im not 100% I don't think the Sat teams pay the Fac teams, I think it 2 sep groups or teams. Now weather or not the Factory Teams get all the funds at the end of the day is a good question, I would think in some form or other yes they do
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

FP2 Results:
1. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 2m 02.338s [Lap 4/13] 317km/h (Top Speed)
2. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 2m 02.371s +0.033s [10/17] 321km/h
3. Bradley Smith GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 2m 02.531s +0.193s [13/17] 320km/h
4. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 2m 02.573s +0.235s [5/15] 323km/h
5. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP15) 2m 02.761s +0.423s [13/15] 325km/h
6. Aleix Espargaro ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 2m 02.872s +0.534s [14/14] 311km/h
7. Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 2m 02.972s +0.634s [17/17] 321km/h
8. Andrea Iannone ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP15) 2m 03.219s +0.881s [15/15] 325km/h
9. Scott Redding GBR Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) 2m 03.284s +0.946s [3/17] 319km/h
10. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 2m 03.327s +0.989s [10/16] 316km/h
11. Danilo Petrucci ITA Octo Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP14.1) 2m 03.339s +1.001s [17/17] 320km/h
12. Maverick Viñales ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR)* 2m 03.391s +1.053s [11/15] 315km/h
13. Hector Barbera ESP Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14 Open) 2m 03.618s +1.280s [12/13] 319km/h
14. Jack Miller AUS CWM LCR Honda (RC213V-RS)* 2m 03.656s +1.318s [13/15] 313km/h
15. Cal Crutchlow GBR CWM LCR Honda (RC213V) 2m 03.748s +1.410s [14/14] 321km/h
16. Eugene Laverty IRL Aspar MotoGP Team (RC213V-RS)* 2m 03.877s +1.539s [13/17] 310km/h
17. Yonny Hernandez COL Octo Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 2m 03.878s +1.540s [15/16] 321km/h
18. Loris Baz FRA Forward Racing (Forward Yamaha)* 2m 03.977s +1.639s [14/15] 308km/h
19. Mike Di Meglio FRA Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14 Open) 2m 04.216s +1.878s [13/13] 317km/h
20. Stefan Bradl GER Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 2m 04.416s +2.078s [15/16] 316km/h
21. Alvaro Bautista ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 2m 04.885s +2.547s [12/15] 314km/h
22. Nicky Hayden USA Aspar MotoGP Team (RC213V-RS) 2m 05.295s +2.957s [14/15] 311km/h
23. Karel Abraham CZE AB Motoracing (RC213V-RS) 2m 05.396s +3.058s [6/15] 310km/h
24. Alex De Angelis RSM E-Motion IodaRacing (ART) 2m 05.820s +3.482s [9/13] 306km/h
25. Claudio Corti ITA Forward Racing (Forward Yamaha) 2m 06.275s +3.937s [14/16] 314km/h
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

Jorge Lorenzo steals the advantage in the MotoGP™ championship battle while local hero Bradley Smith ends Friday in third overall.

Movistar Yamaha’s Jorge Lorenzo put in a faultless performance on an action-packed first day of Free Practice at the Octo British Grand Prix to snatch the advantage in the dramatic 2015 MotoGP™ World Championship battle.

The Spaniard finished just 0.033s ahead of Repsol Honda’s Marc Marquez in a thrilling end to the day’s action. The man tied with him on points at the top of the standings Valentino Rossi ended the day in tenth, 0.989s behind his teammate, while local hero Bradley Smith impressed to finish in third.

Conditions at the legendary 5.9km Silverstone Circuit had improved from FP1 and bright sunshine saw track temperatures rise to 27˚C in the afternoon. This meant that most riders drastically improved their times in FP2 as they took advantage of better grip levels. With the potential for rain on Saturday morning, today’s practice sessions took on an extra emphasis as riders tried to guarantee themselves a spot in Q2.

Therefore with ten minutes left most riders pitted to swap to the softer option tyre available to them and a dramatic shootout ensued. Lorenzo chose to remain on old tyres, and his 2’02.338 from earlier in the session was good enough to secure top spot, despite being almost two seconds slower than Marquez’s pole record (2’00.691) from 2013.

Marquez (+0.033s) had earlier topped FP1 but had no answer to the pace of Lorenzo in the afternoon, despite swapping for fresh rubber at the end of the session. Monster Yamaha Tech 3’s Smith (+0.193s) delighted the passionate home fans to set the third fastest time overall and complete the provisional front row. Smith was by far and away the fastest Satellite rider and will be hoping that he can continue this form in an effort to secure his first podium of the season.

Marquez’s teammate Dani Pedrosa (+0.235s) was fourth, ahead of the Ducati Team’s Andrea Dovizioso (+0.423s) in fifth. Dovizioso was using an updated version of his GP15 that debuted at Brno side by side by with the old version to allow him to compare the benefits.

Team Suzuki Ecstar’s Aleix Espargaro (+0.534s) made use of the extra-soft tyre available to him to claim sixth spot. He finished exactly one-tenth of a second ahead of his brother Pol on the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 M1 in seventh.

Andrea Iannone (Ducati Team) had two updated GP15’s at his disposal, and despite crashing at Stowe Corner half way through the session, recovered to finish in eighth.

Scott Redding on the EG 0,0 Marc VDS Factory spec Honda showed good pace to finish in ninth ahead at his home Grand Prix, ahead of the nine-time World Champion Rossi who completed the top ten. Rossi found himself almost a second down on his teammate’s time and will need to improve tomorrow if he has any hopes of re-taking his championship lead.

Avintia Racing’s Hector Barbera was the top Open class rider in 13th, ahead of the leading Open Honda of Jack Miller (LCR Honda) in 14th. Surprisingly Cal Crutchlow (LCR Honda) found himself behind his Australian teammate, despite riding a Factory spec RC213V, 1.410 off the pace of Lorenzo.

Aspar MotoGP Team’s Irish rider Eugene Laverty finished 16th fastest on the combined timesheets, with his American teammate Nicky Hayden down in 22nd.
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-29-2015, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

FP3/4 Results:
FP3:
1. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 2m 01.429s [Lap 13/14] 320km/h (Top Speed)
2. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 2m 01.888s +0.459s [3/16] 325km/h
3. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP15) 2m 01.969s +0.540s [15/16] 329km/h
4. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 2m 02.020s +0.591s [16/17] 325km/h
5. Scott Redding GBR Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) 2m 02.119s +0.690s [15/15] 321km/h
6. Bradley Smith GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 2m 02.125s +0.696s [17/18] 323km/h
7. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 2m 02.203s +0.774s [16/17] 321km/h
8. Cal Crutchlow GBR CWM LCR Honda (RC213V) 2m 02.341s +0.912s [12/15] 325km/h
9. Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 2m 02.346s +0.917s [16/17] 322km/h
10. Andrea Iannone ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP15) 2m 02.443s +1.014s [16/17] 332km/h
11. Maverick Viñales ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR)* 2m 02.476s +1.047s [15/16] 319km/h
12. Aleix Espargaro ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 2m 02.482s +1.053s [13/13] 315km/h
13. Danilo Petrucci ITA Octo Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP14.1) 2m 02.842s +1.413s [15/15] 321km/h
14. Yonny Hernandez COL Octo Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 2m 02.981s +1.552s [13/16] 321km/h
15. Eugene Laverty IRL Aspar MotoGP Team (RC213V-RS)* 2m 03.120s +1.691s [11/15] 315km/h
16. Hector Barbera ESP Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14 Open) 2m 03.263s +1.834s [15/16] 322km/h
17. Loris Baz FRA Forward Racing (Forward Yamaha)* 2m 03.363s +1.934s [13/14] 312km/h
18. Alvaro Bautista ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 2m 03.444s +2.015s [14/16] 315km/h
19. Jack Miller AUS CWM LCR Honda (RC213V-RS)* 2m 03.626s +2.197s [13/14] 314km/h
20. Nicky Hayden USA Aspar MotoGP Team (RC213V-RS) 2m 03.833s +2.404s [14/17] 311km/h
21. Mike Di Meglio FRA Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14 Open) 2m 04.030s +2.601s [14/15] 318km/h
22. Stefan Bradl GER Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 2m 04.152s +2.723s [16/17] 315km/h
23. Alex De Angelis RSM E-Motion IodaRacing (ART) 2m 04.689s +3.260s [12/13] 308km/h
24. Karel Abraham CZE AB Motoracing (RC213V-RS) 2m 05.203s +3.774s [14/15] 313km/h
25. Claudio Corti ITA Forward Racing (Forward Yamaha) 2m 05.947s +4.518s [9/15] 312km/h

1. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 2m 01.491s [Lap 3/13] 321km/h (Top Speed)
2. Andrea Iannone ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP15) 2m 02.338s +0.847s [4/12] 329km/h
3. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 2m 02.384s +0.893s [5/12] 326km/h
4. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 2m 02.422s +0.931s [10/11] 318km/h
5. Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 2m 02.459s +0.968s [12/13] 321km/h
6. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP15) 2m 02.510s +1.019s [8/8] 324km/h
7. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 2m 02.577s +1.086s [7/12] 319km/h
8. Aleix Espargaro ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 2m 02.634s +1.143s [4/11] 313km/h
9. Scott Redding GBR Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) 2m 02.647s +1.156s [10/14] 324km/h
10. Bradley Smith GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 2m 02.789s +1.298s [11/13] 321km/h
11. Cal Crutchlow GBR CWM LCR Honda (RC213V) 2m 03.121s +1.630s [9/11] 320km/h
12. Yonny Hernandez COL Octo Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 2m 03.415s +1.924s [10/11] 321km/h
13. Maverick Viñales ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR)* 2m 03.447s +1.956s [4/10] 317km/h
14. Jack Miller AUS CWM LCR Honda (RC213V-RS)* 2m 03.539s +2.048s [4/10] 314km/h
15. Danilo Petrucci ITA Octo Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP14.1) 2m 03.663s +2.172s [10/11] 319km/h
16. Alvaro Bautista ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 2m 03.791s +2.300s [11/12] 315km/h
17. Eugene Laverty IRL Aspar MotoGP Team (RC213V-RS)* 2m 03.845s +2.354s [3/11] 315km/h
18. Hector Barbera ESP Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14 Open) 2m 03.992s +2.501s [3/7] 319km/h
19. Claudio Corti ITA Forward Racing (Forward Yamaha) 2m 04.220s +2.729s [9/12] 313km/h
20. Loris Baz FRA Forward Racing (Forward Yamaha)* 2m 04.238s +2.747s [3/11] 311km/h
21. Stefan Bradl GER Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 2m 04.290s +2.799s [5/12] 314km/h
22. Nicky Hayden USA Aspar MotoGP Team (RC213V-RS) 2m 04.385s +2.894s [10/12] 312km/h
23. Mike Di Meglio FRA Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14 Open) 2m 04.913s +3.422s [8/11] 315km/h
24. Alex De Angelis RSM E-Motion IodaRacing (ART) 2m 05.084s +3.593s [9/10] 305km/h
25. Karel Abraham CZE AB Motoracing (RC213V-RS) 2m 05.381s +3.890s [3/9] 312km/h
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-29-2015, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

wow!! that was an epic lap by Marc, really thought we were going to see sub 2 second time! crazy! Vale had better get a good start, doesnt look good for him right now to be honest
Marc Marquez takes pole at Silverstone with new pole record. Jorge Lorenzo and Dani Pedrosa complete the front row, with Valentino Rossi heading row two...

Qualifying 2:
1. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 2m 0.234s [Lap 5/6] 322km/h (Top Speed)

2. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 2m 0.522s +0.288s [6/6] 319km/h
3. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 2m 0.716s +0.482s [3/7] 327km/h
4. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 2m 0.947s +0.713s [7/7] 323km/h
5. Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 2m 1.031s +0.797s [2/6] 324km/h
6. Bradley Smith GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 2m 1.140s +0.906s [6/7] 320km/h
7. Scott Redding GBR Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) 2m 1.329s +1.095s [6/7] 320km/h
8. Cal Crutchlow GBR CWM LCR Honda (RC213V) 2m 1.376s +1.142s [5/6] 323km/h
9. Andrea Iannone ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP15) 2m 1.874s +1.640s [6/6] 330km/h
10. Aleix Espargaro ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 2m 1.880s +1.646s [7/7] 317km/h
11. Yonny Hernandez COL Octo Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 2m 1.894s +1.660s [7/7] 323km/h
12. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP15) 2m 1.979s +1.745s [2/5] 323km/h

Qualifying 1:
13. Maverick Viñales ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR)* 2m 02.016s 314km/h
14. Stefan Bradl GER Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 2m 02.657s 316km/h
15. Loris Baz FRA Forward Racing (Forward Yamaha)* 2m 02.677s 312km/h
16. Jack Miller AUS CWM LCR Honda (RC213V-RS)* 2m 02.697s 312km/h
17. Hector Barbera ESP Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14 Open) 2m 02.784s 320km/h
18. Danilo Petrucci ITA Octo Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP14.1) 2m 02.800s 318km/h
19. Eugene Laverty IRL Aspar MotoGP Team (RC213V-RS)* 2m 02.894s 316km/h
20. Alvaro Bautista ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 2m 02.908s 315km/h
21. Nicky Hayden USA Aspar MotoGP Team (RC213V-RS) 2m 02.946s 312km/h
22. Mike Di Meglio FRA Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14 Open) 2m 03.641s 316km/h
23. Claudio Corti ITA Forward Racing (Forward Yamaha) 2m 03.789s 313km/h
24. Karel Abraham CZE AB Motoracing (RC213V-RS) 2m 04.133s 312km/h
25. Alex De Angelis RSM E-Motion IodaRacing (ART) 2m 04.304s 308km/h
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-29-2015, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

Sensational Marquez obliterates record for pole

Marc Marquez smashes his own record to claim his sixth pole of the season ahead of Jorge Lorenzo and Dani Pedrosa, with Rossi in fourth.
Repsol Honda’s Marc Marquez set the fastest ever lap by a motorcycle around the legendary Silverstone Circuit to take his 28th career MotoGP™ pole position. The reigning MotoGP™ World Champion went under his 2013 pole record (2’00.691) on his very first flying lap to lay down a marker to the rest of the field at the Octo British Grand Prix.

The Spaniard then went even quicker on his second run to set a 2’00.234 in near perfect conditions (Track temp. 33˚C) as all of the riders made use of their softer option tyres. Marquez had earlier topped FP4 by almost a second, and carried his pace into Qualifying to finish 0.288s ahead of Lorenzo.

Movistar Yamaha’s Jorge Lorenzo had earlier topped FP2 & FP3 and had been touted as the favourite for pole when the session started. The Spaniard had shown blistering pace throughout the weekend, and he too went under the old pole record on his way to claiming second, his ninth front row start of the season.

Dani Pedrosa (+0.482s) set his fastest time on his first flying lap to complete an all-Spanish front row. Pedrosa was in second when everyone returned to the pits for fresh rubber, but could not improve on his time but it was still good enough for third.

Movistar Yamaha’s Valentino Rossi (+0.713s) will start from the head of the second row in fourth. The Italian improved his time from practice by over a second, but still found himself 0.4s behind his teammate and main title rival Lorenzo.

Monster Yamaha Tech 3’s Pol Espargaro (+0.797s) was the leading Satellite rider in fifth, which was his best qualifying performance since he was also fifth in Assen. His teammate Bradley Smith (+0.906s) had been third on the combined timesheets after FP2, but will start the race from the back of the second row as the leading British rider in sixth.

Smith’s compatriot Scott Redding (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) pulled off his best qualifying performance since Austin to start from the head of the third row in seventh. Cal Crutchlow (LCR Honda) made it a good day for the home fans as they saw three British riders on the front three rows of the grid as he secured eighth.

Ducati Team’s Andrea Iannone completes the third row ahead of the two men who made it through from Q1, Aleix Espargaro (Team Suzuki Ecstar) and Yonny Hernandez (Octo Pramac Racing). Hernandez left it late to split the two Factory Suzuki’s at the top of the timesheets in Q1 and surprise Maverick Viñales who thought he had done enough to progress. The Spaniard was forced to watch as the Columbian pulled off a sensational last lap to deny him passage to Q2.

Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) completes the fourth row, ahead of Viñales, with Stefan Bradl impressing on only his third outing on the Aprilia Racing Team Gresini RS-GP in 14th.

Forward Racing’s Loris Baz will start from 15th as the leading Open class rider, with Australian Jack Miller (LCR Honda) the leading Open Honda rider in 16th. The two Aspar MotoGP Team Honda’s of Eugene Laverty and Nicky Hayden will start from 19th and 21st respectively, with the rookie Laverty out-qualifying his more experienced teammate for the seventh time this season.
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-30-2015, 08:25 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wet race... could be interesting :-D

--- 2013 CBR600RR ---

My Build Thread
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-30-2015, 08:55 AM
Knee Dragger

Omg noooo! Marquez is out :(
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-30-2015, 09:39 AM
Knee Dragger

Certainly seems like the race gods are smiling upon Rossi this year. Rain showing up at the race was the best thing Rossi could have hoped for as he simply didn't have the pace that Lorenzo or Marquez did in the dry. Thought Lorenzo was going to run away with this one and instead he loses massive points in the championship. Congrats to the Doctor on another win.

2015 Ducati PanigaleS

2013 BMW S1000RR-Sold
2010 Honda CBR 600RR-Sold
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-30-2015, 10:17 AM
Macedonian Racer

Excellent race by the GOAT! Shame for Lorenzo, is it maybe about time he terminated his deal with HJC?

#Red & Black Honda CBR 600RR 2007 MACEDONIA

#The Official WTF?!?! Thread
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-30-2015, 11:41 AM
BOTM winner 03/15

Garage
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Great result for Vale, obviously helped by Marc's mistake, but story of the day has to be Petrucci!! Really pleased for him, great ride.

Cal was very unlucky to be taken out by a crazy move from his team mate whilst he was looking really strong in third. Wouldn't like to be jack Miller when Cal catches up with him!

Impressed with Scott Redding too, great ride and he will be very happy to see the pramac Ducati perform so well given that he'll be on one next year.

UK '08 CBR600RR build thread: link *SOLD*
BOTM Winner 03/15

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-30-2015, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

wow, well that was an interesting one!! the GOAT!!!! wow what a win by Vale, with Jorge finishing off the podium, this may be the critical points lead he needs... Congrats to Danilo he most def could have pushed to win. Really too bad for Marc :(

Valentino Rossi wins the British MotoGP to retake the title lead from team-mate Jorge Lorenzo by 12 points, while Danilo Petrucci claimed his first MotoGP podium with a superb second place ahead of Andrea Dovizioso.

Marc Marquez saw his slim championship chances effectively end when he was thrown from his RCV while shadowing Rossi with eight laps to go.

Rain on the grid prompted the original race start to be aborted after all riders dived into the pits at the end of the sighting lap, to switch over to their wet weather bikes.

With the rain getting heavier, the second attempt saw all riders line-up on wet weather tyres...

1. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 46m 15.617s
2. Danilo Petrucci ITA Octo Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP14.1) 46m 18.627s
3. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP15) 46m 19.734s
4. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 46m 21.343s
5. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 46m 26.749s
6. Scott Redding GBR Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) 46m 41.084s
7. Bradley Smith GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 46m 42.334s
8. Andrea Iannone ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP15) 46m 45.010s
9. Aleix Espargaro ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 46m 54.432s
10. Alvaro Bautista ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 46m 57.329s
11. Maverick Viñales ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR)* 47m 0.393s
12. Nicky Hayden USA Aspar MotoGP Team (RC213V-RS) 47m 8.106s
13. Hector Barbera ESP Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14 Open) 47m 26.828s
14. Mike Di Meglio FRA Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14 Open) 47m 30.909s
15. Alex De Angelis RSM E-Motion IodaRacing (ART) 47m 33.480s
16. Loris Baz FRA Forward Racing (Forward Yamaha)* 47m 34.927s
17. Eugene Laverty IRL Aspar MotoGP Team (RC213V-RS)* 47m 35.352s
18. Claudio Corti ITA Forward Racing (Forward Yamaha) 48m 13.703s
19. Karel Abraham CZE AB Motoracing (RC213V-RS) +1 lap
Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) DNF
Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) DNF
Stefan Bradl GER Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) DNF
Cal Crutchlow GBR LCR Honda (RC213V) DNF
Jack Miller AUS LCR Honda (RC213V-RS)* DNF
Yonny Hernandez COL Octo Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) DNF

Current Points:
1 Valentino Rossi Yamaha 236
2 Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 224
3 Marc Marquez Honda 159
4 Andrea Iannone Ducati 150
5 Andrea Dovizioso Ducati 120
6 Bradley Smith Yamaha 115
7 Dani Pedrosa Honda 102
8 Danilo Petrucci Ducati 83
9 Pol Espargaro Yamaha 81
10 Cal Crutchlow Honda 74
11 Maverick Vinales Suzuki 67
12 Aleix Espargaro Suzuki 60
13 Scott Redding Honda 47
14 Yonny Hernandez Ducati 41
15 Hector Barbera Ducati 23
16 Alvaro Bautista Aprilla 22
17 Loris Baz Yamaha Forward 15
18 Nicky Hayden Honda 12
19 Jack Miller Honda 12
20 Stefan Bradl Yamaha Forward 11
21 Michele Pirro Ducati 8
22 Eugene Laverty Honda 7
23 Hiroshi Aoyama Honda 5
24 Mike di Meglio Ducati 4
25 Alex de Angelis ART 2

MOTOGP MANUFACTURERS' CHAMPIONSHIP 2015 (AFTER ROUND 12: SILVERSTONE)
POSITION MANUFACTURER POINTS
1 Yamaha 277
2 Honda 215
3 Ducati 187
4 Suzuki 89
5 Yamaha Forward 22
6 Aprilla 20
7 ART 2
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-30-2015, 02:36 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

It looked like Miller was jawing at Crutchlow as they were trying to restart their bikes. At that point, no matter what CC says, Miller should just STFU. Taking out your teammate after doing something stupid probably isn't the best time to say anything other than, "I'm sorry, mate."

Nice job by VR46. During lap 5, it looked to me like MM93 could have easily swept past Rossi as Rossi ran wide, but held back since he slowed down on exit instead of maintaining pace. At the time, I thought to myself that was a good idea - keep Rossi in sight and take him much later in the race to minimize time for Rossi to fight back. Unfortunately for Marquez, he never got the chance. Great effort by Rossi - pretty much everything he needed to happen today, with the exception of a JL99 DNF, turned out well for him. He needed rain, he got it. He needed a win, he got it. He needed JL99 to finish off the podium, he got it. I'm hoping this means a real dog fight for the championship at the final round.
The Following User Says Thank You to DoomCue For This Useful Post:
dkid (08-30-2015)
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-30-2015, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

Yes everything indeed in Vales favor today. These points now separating them could be the deciding factor? Jorge will be fighting more than ever now for wins, Vale just need to push hard and fight as well, just stay with him, stay on the podium and he'll be fine. Re the JL99 Visor issues?? not sure what to say? why on earth would he not switch helmet manufactures? anyone know what the current contract is with JL99 and HJC ?
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 12:27 AM
cyclesector.com

Feedback Score: 85 reviews
Amazing race by Valentino! I was on the edge of my seat willing him along every corner lol. So awesome that Petrucci got his first podium. It definitely sucks for Jorge that something so stupid as a helmet malfunction has cost him so much this season. HJC are shooting themselves in the foot.

post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 02:55 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR Time View Post
Yes everything indeed in Vales favor today. These points now separating them could be the deciding factor? Jorge will be fighting more than ever now for wins, Vale just need to push hard and fight as well, just stay with him, stay on the podium and he'll be fine. Re the JL99 Visor issues?? not sure what to say? why on earth would he not switch helmet manufactures? anyone know what the current contract is with JL99 and HJC ?

He's under contract with the until the end of the 2016 season. Signed for 2 years, last year.

2A7X3. Aircraft Structural Maintenance.

Any corrosion (Paint, priming, identification, etc) or Fabrication (Sheetmetal, Fiberglass, Tubing, etc)
questions, go ahead and ask and I'll do the best to respond to the best of my knowledge.

Current : '08 CBR1000RR 20160213
Wrecked: '05 CBR600RR 20151221 RIP

Crashes: 2 minor low speed lowsides, 1 50MPH impact.
Injuries: 0 Broken bones, possible tear in shoulder.
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 06:29 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Yamaha can't afford a Pinlock?
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

yes looks like he's on the hook till 2017 re HJC contract, not sure what will become of it??
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 03:35 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomCue View Post
It looked like Miller was jawing at Crutchlow as they were trying to restart their bikes. At that point, no matter what CC says, Miller should just STFU. Taking out your teammate after doing something stupid probably isn't the best time to say anything other than, "I'm sorry, mate."

Nice job by VR46. During lap 5, it looked to me like MM93 could have easily swept past Rossi as Rossi ran wide, but held back since he slowed down on exit instead of maintaining pace. At the time, I thought to myself that was a good idea - keep Rossi in sight and take him much later in the race to minimize time for Rossi to fight back. Unfortunately for Marquez, he never got the chance. Great effort by Rossi - pretty much everything he needed to happen today, with the exception of a JL99 DNF, turned out well for him. He needed rain, he got it. He needed a win, he got it. He needed JL99 to finish off the podium, he got it. I'm hoping this means a real dog fight for the championship at the final round.
All solid points. I also hope for a battle to the end. I like JL just fine. Amazing metronome of perfection in riding. A human protractor. Still, just for the heroic drama I'm pulling for VR to win the title. I'm afraid though that it won't be if it came down to Valencia where Rossi has to finish ahead of Jorge. Jorge is very strong there. Rossi is not. Rossi's going to have to grind this one out & hope Jorge doesn't find one of those winning streaks he's capable of.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 10:35 PM
BOTM Winner Jan 2015

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR Time View Post
yes looks like he's on the hook till 2017 re HJC contract, not sure what will become of it??

Hell if I had the money he did I would have smashed that fcking helmet right on the track and paid to get out of the contract. Now that Marc seems to be out of the championship for good, JL99 is my next favorite. I can't get behind Valentino anymore for some reason.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

https://40.media.tumblr.com/68b9f92683e3e0506dd727af79363281/tumblr_ntyw0v9hrk1ufoouto1_500.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page