Moto GP 2015 Round 17 Malaysia ***SPOILER*** - 600RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 269 (permalink) Old 10-19-2015, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
BOTM Winner 8/12 / Super Moderator

Thanked 1,043 Times in 921 Posts
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Moto GP 2015 Round 17 Malaysia ***SPOILER***

I think i'm still on a high from the last race!! lol, that was crazy to say the least, how will they ever top that? lets hope they do for the last 2 races. So 2 to go; here and of course Valencia. Vale off the podium in PI but at the same time Marc will a killer last lap took the win away from Jorge, 11 points is the diff now!!
About the circuit

Specifically built for speed and exciting racing, the Sepang International Circuit in Malaysia is one of the world’s best. The 2,300 acre complex which also houses a hotel, shopping centre, golf course and other sports facilities cost around £50m to construct and was built in just 14 months, holding its first Grand Prix in April 1999 and setting the standard for race circuits worldwide.
With four slow corners following two long straights and ten medium to high-speed corners, the wide track is particularly favourable to overtaking manoeuvres and plenty of open throttle. One of the longest laps in MotoGP is made all the more gruelling for riders by intense heat and humidity. Sepang is located around 50km south of Kuala Lumpur city.rom Jorge. 11 points now.

Current Points:
1 Valentino Rossi Yamaha 296
2 Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 285
3 Marc Marquez Honda 222
4 Andrea Iannone Ducati 188
5 Dani Pedrosa Honda 165
6 Bradley Smith Yamaha 158
7 Andrea Dovizioso Ducati 153
8 Cal Crutchlow Honda 107
9 Danilo Petrucci Ducati 97
10 Pol Espargaro Yamaha 96
11 Aleix Espargaro Suzuki 88
12 Maverick Vinales Suzuki 84
13 Scott Redding Honda 78
14 Yonny Hernandez Ducati 49
15 Hector Barbera Ducati 30
16 Alvaro Bautista Aprilla 28
17 Loris Baz Yamaha Forward 28
18 Jack Miller Honda 17
19 Nicky Hayden Honda 16
20 Stefan Bradl Yamaha Forward 11
21 Eugene Laverty Honda 9
22 Michele Pirro Ducati 8
23 Mike di Meglio Ducati 8
24 Katsuyuki Nagasuga Yamaha 8
25 Hiroshi Aoyama Honda 5
26 Takumi Takahashi Honda 4
27 Alex de Angelis ART 2

2014 Podium: MM,VR,JL

Circuit Record: 2014 MM93 2:01.150

Last edited by CBR Time; 10-19-2015 at 12:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 269 (permalink) Old 10-19-2015, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

All Times EST Eastern Standard Time

Thurs Oct 22 Press Conf - 05:00am

Practice Thurs Oct 22
21:00 - 21:40 Moto3 FP1
21:55 - 22:40 MotoGP FP1
22:55 - 23:40 Moto2 FP1
01:10 - 01:50 Moto3 FP2
02:05 - 02:50 MotoGP FP2
03:05 - 03:50 Moto2 FP2

Practice/Qual Fri Oct 23
21:00 - 21:40 Moto3 FP3
21:55 - 22:40 MotoGP FP3
22:55 - 23:40 Moto2 FP3
00:35 - 01:15 Moto3 QP
01:30 - 02:00 MotoGP FP4
02:10 - 02:25 MotoGP Q1
02:35 - 02:50 MotoGP Q2
03:05 - 03:50 Moto 2 QP

RACE Sat Oct 24
21:40 - 22:00 Moto3 WUP
22:10 - 22:30 Moto2 WUP
22:40 - 23:00 MotoGP WUP
00:00 Moto3 RAC MIDNIGHT
01:20 Moto2 RAC SUNDAY OCT 25
03:00 MotoGP RAC SUNDAY OCT 25
post #3 of 269 (permalink) Old 10-22-2015, 06:43 PM
Macedonian Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It all boils down to Rossi and Lorenzo it's such a shame that Valentino is so insecure of his abilities (maybe because of Stoner who pointed it out to him so clearly ) he's willing to make wild accusations such as these LINK

What do you guys think?

#Red & Black Honda CBR 600RR 2007 MACEDONIA

#The Official WTF?!?! Thread

post #4 of 269 (permalink) Old 10-22-2015, 08:14 PM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by olio View Post
It all boils down to Rossi and Lorenzo it's such a shame that Valentino is so insecure of his abilities (maybe because of Stoner who pointed it out to him so clearly ) he's willing to make wild accusations such as these LINK

What do you guys think?
If Rossi truly believes all that, Rossi is starting to come across as a real douche. Feeling the pressure and paranoid much? Seriously, thinks that Marquez passed him in Laguna because he was evil?!? Rossi needs to remember it was his overaggressive line into that corner that made Marquez take that line. There is some talk out there that Rossi is saying this to shift attention away from Iannone in the Italian media as they are ticked at him for finishing ahead of Rossi. I actually find that much more plausible than Marquez just toying with them to let JLo win the title. If he really wanted to screw Rossi, he would have let JLo win the race, and Rossi's lead would have been 6 with two races to go. Rossi is one of the greatest of all time, but if he meant what he said, that just smacks of insecurity and pettiness.

2015 Ducati PanigaleS

2013 BMW S1000RR-Sold
2010 Honda CBR 600RR-Sold
post #5 of 269 (permalink) Old 10-22-2015, 08:55 PM
Macedonian Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTSurgery View Post
If Rossi truly believes all that, Rossi is starting to come across as a real douche. Feeling the pressure and paranoid much? Seriously, thinks that Marquez passed him in Laguna because he was evil?!? Rossi needs to remember it was his overaggressive line into that corner that made Marquez take that line. There is some talk out there that Rossi is saying this to shift attention away from Iannone in the Italian media as they are ticked at him for finishing ahead of Rossi. I actually find that much more plausible than Marquez just toying with them to let JLo win the title. If he really wanted to screw Rossi, he would have let JLo win the race, and Rossi's lead would have been 6 with two races to go. Rossi is one of the greatest of all time, but if he meant what he said, that just smacks of insecurity and pettiness.
Exactly what I was thinking, well put sir

post #6 of 269 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

yup we have some major drama now between the 2, to be honest I wasn't too impressed with Vales comments? I'm a fan of both him and Marc but these comments were odd? Even Jorge was confused at them? Vale is a master of mind games and has a wealth of talent and experience, he's had his fair share of battles in the past with other riders, most likely that's what this is - Mind Games, he is under MASSIVE pressure to win, he wants to win obviously, imo its either this year or never.
David Emmett is one of the best for his voice and articles, it's a long read but well worth it .
https://motomatters.com/analysis/201...nd_up_ros.html
post #7 of 269 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 11:34 AM
Knee Dragger

Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Wow. Way to spoil the greatest race ever, Rossi. Did Rossi completely miss the fact that MM ended up beating Lorenzo, thus taking a bunch of points away from him?

MM did inexplicably slow down in the middle, but it looked to me like his rear was going out and he cooled it down for the last push to beat Lorenzo.

I'm truly disappointed. I'm still a big fan of Vale, but slipping. (Although the color scheme on my race bike probably indicates my complete hero worship of MM.)

CMRA #914
2009 CBR600RR (parting out)
2012 CBR250R (track)
2012 CBR600RR (track)
post #8 of 269 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 11:42 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTSurgery View Post
I don't think Rossi said anything in that article indicating that he thinks MM is evil.

As I watched the race, I did think to myself that MM was holding back after being faster than everybody else the entire weekend by a good amount in every session except FP1. The fastest lap of the race was MM's final lap, where he ran over a second faster than the next fastest rider's final lap (he was the only rider in the 1:29's on the last lap). MM's lap 14 was 1:29.294, final lap (lap 27) was 1:29.280. Only one other lap by any other rider (VR46, lap 8, 1:29.369) even broke 1:29.500. These stats tell me a few things - he's probably the best rider on the track, and he probably could have gone faster throughout the race, but didn't want to. I'd like to think MM held back because he was using sound race strategy (hang back, pass for the lead near the end, and not allow any one time to re-overtake), not because he cared where VR finished.

Maybe Rossi is playing mind games (he has had no problem doing this in the past). Maybe he wants MM to help him win the championship. Maybe he's trying to lay foundation for some type of case with race direction should an incident occur with MM. While I'd like to think MM would avoid any possibility of any hint of hindering either JL or VR over the final two races, it wouldn't be Marquez if he didn't race super-aggressively, so you never know what may happen.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DoomCue For This Useful Post:
CBR Time (10-23-2015), gioarge (10-23-2015)
post #9 of 269 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 11:49 AM
BOTM Winner Jan 2015

Rossi showing his true colors now. You could tell things have been tense between him and Marc all season and have been getting worse with each race. But he's just being ludicrous. I read that Marc's front tire over-heated and that's why he backed off, and that back off allowed him to push at the end with more tire than anyone else. Rossi is butthurt that someone knows how to strategize a race better than he does.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

https://40.media.tumblr.com/68b9f92683e3e0506dd727af79363281/tumblr_ntyw0v9hrk1ufoouto1_500.jpg
post #10 of 269 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 12:03 PM
Knee Dragger

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinfo View Post
I read that Marc's front tire over-heated and that's why he backed off, and that back off allowed him to push at the end with more tire than anyone else.
Agree completely. Where did you hear about MM's front overheating? It looked to me like he was getting loose in the rear (no jokes, please) just before he backed off.

Would love to know for sure, so I can watch again and see if there's anything I can learn. (Anything other than (i) lose 50 pounds, (ii) reduce my height by 6-8 inches, (iii) become 25 years younger, (iv) vastly improve my perceptions and reaction time...)

CMRA #914
2012 CBR250R (track)
2012 CBR600RR (track)
post #11 of 269 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 12:06 PM
Macedonian Racer

^^ all valid points guys. First blood to Lorenzo then in FP1 & FP2. Dani is on fire though... :)

post #12 of 269 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 12:11 PM
BOTM Winner Jan 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox View Post
Agree completely. Where did you hear about MM's front overheating? It looked to me like he was getting loose in the rear (no jokes, please) just before he backed off.

Would love to know for sure, so I can watch again and see if there's anything I can learn. (Anything other than (i) lose 50 pounds, (ii) reduce my height by 6-8 inches, (iii) become 25 years younger, (iv) vastly improve my perceptions and reaction time...)

Pretty sure I read it on Asphalt & Rubber.

https://40.media.tumblr.com/68b9f92683e3e0506dd727af79363281/tumblr_ntyw0v9hrk1ufoouto1_500.jpg
The Following User Says Thank You to shinfo For This Useful Post:
kfox (10-23-2015)
post #13 of 269 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

it was the Front he had mentioned “In the beginning it was difficult especially to find the front feeling but then I come back, I tried to catch Jorge and I overtake him and I tried to push, but then I saw that the front tyre was moving a lot with this temperature and it was time to cool down again. "

MotoGP News - MotoGP Australia: Marquez: This is a special victory
post #14 of 269 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

From today:

MotoGP Malaysia: Marquez mystified by Rossi attack
23 October 2015

“Valentino is really good in the press conferences and outside the track, but he needs to beat Jorge on the track not me” - Marc Marquez.

Ambushed by Valentino Rossi's allegations on Thursday, Marc Marquez got his chance to respond after opening practice at Sepang.

Marquez had appeared unsure whether Rossi was joking as he sat smiling alongside the Italian in the pre-event press conference, whilst claims were made that the Honda rider tried to help Rossi's title rival Jorge Lorenzo at Phillip Island last Sunday.

Any doubts about Rossi's seriousness were swiftly erased when the Yamaha rider criticised Marquez far more harshly - including producing printed lap times as 'evidence' - when talking to the Italian media afterwards.

Whilst that was going on, Marquez was performing his own media duties to the Spanish press and was thus unaware of Rossi's further comments. Talking to a handful of English-speaking media in the Repsol Honda hospitality on Friday, the outgoing double MotoGP champion got his chance to respond.

“After some hours, I'm still surprised like I think everybody,” Marquez began. “Of course I respect Valentino and I will respect always, but I understand also his situation. That he is fighting for the title, he is really close to getting his tenth title, but he knows Jorge is really strong. So for that reason I prefer to be out of this battle.

“Of course yesterday Valentino pushed to me, but in the end he needs to beat Jorge on the racetrack. So I don't want to be inside [the title battle] but in the end I'm doing my race. I think what I did in Phillip Island was the best, which was win the race and take the 25 points for my team, my sponsors and my factory.

“I will try to do the same here and Valencia. Try to win. Of course if I cannot win I'll try to finish second, or third. Like I say before the Phillip Island race, I will try to do my 100%.”

Among the long list of allegations made by Rossi was that Marquez is still angry about their clashes at Argentina and Assen, is “thinking like a child” and that “the lesser evil is for him is for Lorenzo to win [the title].”

“I didn't lose any respect [for Rossi] because in the end I understand his situation,” Marquez said. “Even if you are Valentino, Jorge, Marc or Dani - when you are fighting for the title, remain two races, 11 points. After a year like that everybody feel the pressure.

“Like I say, I don't want to be inside of this battle. I want to give to them the show inside the track and have a great battle between him and Jorge. But of course there is the possibility that me, Dani, Andrea will be in the middle. Maybe it will be a good thing for Valentino, maybe a good thing for Jorge.

“But in the end everybody here is doing his race and, as I said at Phillip Island before the race, he is not my team-mate that is fighting for the title. So just I will do my race and I will try to finish first and if that is not possible second, third.”

Why do you think Rossi has brought you into the battle?

“I don't know, new strategy no?!” Marquez smiled. “I was really surprised because at Phillip Island in the end I won the race. I did an incredible last lap, taking a risk to overtake Lorenzo in the downhill after a hot lap, that always is difficult.

“You know, in the end I respect him and maybe it is a new strategy. We don't know. Only Valentino knows this, but like I say of course I understand and respect [him], but he needs to beat Jorge on the track and I think Valentino is strong enough to beat Jorge on the track.

“Valentino is leading the championship by 11 points. He knows that if he finishes just behind or in front of Jorge he will win the championship, so he doesn't need to be worried.”

Did Rossi say anything to you about it at Phillip Island?

“Yeah we already speak because, you know, outside of the European races always there is a small party and we were there. We speak and he asked me about the race and everything, but he was not like this. Just he said to me, 'why the last lap was so fast? Why you push in the middle of the race, then Jorge overtake you?'

“But it is like I say, I tried to manage the race, manage my situation, my tyres, my front tyre and in the end do the best and my target was win the race. Doesn't matter how, if by five seconds or by one millisecond.”

Did you feel angry about the comments from Valentino?

“No I'm not angry because like I say at the first moment that I heard that, I don't want to be inside of this [title] battle. But this doesn't mean that maybe here, Valencia - we don't know because it can happen - maybe Pedrosa, Iannone, me will be in-between Jorge and Valentino.

“Maybe it will be a help for Valentino and maybe it will be a help for Jorge. But in the end everybody is doing his own race and everybody is trying to get the best result for his team and sponsors.”

Marquez concluded: “In the end he [Rossi] knows that if he is doing a great job and he finishes just behind Jorge or in front, he will win the championship. If he did this in other races he can do it now. So for that reason I was surprised and I don't understand.

“But OK, in the end I respect [him], I know that Valentino is really good in the press conferences and outside the track, but he needs to beat Jorge on the track, not me.”

Told that Marquez was still surprised by Rossi's comments, the Italian responded: “For me it is not very surprising, I think, but anyway I said everything yesterday and I don't have nothing to say more.”

But like Marquez, many in the paddock are unsure of the exact motive behind Rossi going on the attack against the Honda rider.

One theory is that The Doctor was putting public pressure on Marquez to try and 'motivate' him to stay out of the title fight by either beating both Movistar Yamahas, or staying behind them both.

Either of those scenarios would favour Rossi, who can finish one place behind Lorenzo in the remaining rounds, even if the #99 wins, and still take the title.

But Rossi cannot afford to be beaten by Lorenzo if another rider finishes in-between them. Marquez, with five wins this year, is the lead candidate to split the M1s in such a way.

Throw in some apparently long held suspicions - Rossi said Marquez choosing to pass him at the Corkscrew in 2013 was the “first signal” - plus some see-sawing lap times at Phillip Island and Rossi may have concluded that forcing Marquez to effectively 'prove' he isn't helping Lorenzo is no bad thing.

Marquez was speaking after finishing third fastest in Friday practice at Sepang, setting a best lap time just 0.226s slower than Lorenzo. Team-mate Pedrosa was second quickest with Rossi in eighth.

Last edited by CBR Time; 10-23-2015 at 12:21 PM.
post #15 of 269 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 12:19 PM
Macedonian Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR Time View Post
yup we have some major drama now between the 2, to be honest I wasn't too impressed with Vales comments? I'm a fan of both him and Marc but these comments were odd? Even Jorge was confused at them? Vale is a master of mind games and has a wealth of talent and experience, he's had his fair share of battles in the past with other riders, most likely that's what this is - Mind Games, he is under MASSIVE pressure to win, he wants to win obviously, imo its either this year or never.
David Emmett is one of the best for his voice and articles, it's a long read but well worth it .
https://motomatters.com/analysis/201...nd_up_ros.html
Thanks for the article man! I just read it and to tell you the truth I laughed a little. It reminded me of this weeks SouthPark episode, I don't know if you watch it but it totally fits in with a part of the article where famous people should only see the positive comments on social media

post #16 of 269 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 12:19 PM
Knee Dragger

Garage
Quote:
Pretty sure I read it on Asphalt & Rubber.
Great article - Preview of the Malaysian GP

A pertinent excerpt:

“If we can see another race like this, especially we have to speak with Márquez,” Rossi said. “Because during the race, was more difficult to understand, but after when I saw the race later, it was very clear that he play with us very much. Because mainly I think his target is not just to win the race, but also help Lorenzo to go far and try to take more points on me.”

“So I think from Phillip Island it is very clear that Jorge have a new supporter that is Marc. So this change a lot, because for sure Marc have the potential to go away alone, and maybe can for sure be another type of race.”

Both Lorenzo and Márquez looked on in a mixture of surprise and bemusement. Could Rossi really be implying that Márquez had deliberately assisted Lorenzo?

At first, they didn’t seem to take it seriously. When asked if he thought that Márquez had helped him, Lorenzo played along with what he thought was the joke: “Yes! Mainly in the last lap, a lot.” That was the lap Márquez passed him and took the win.

Marc Márquez’s initial reaction was to go back to the question about what a great race Phillip Island was. It took a supplementary question from one of the keenest journalists in the room to bring him back to the subject.

Márquez was clear about whether he had played with Iannone and Rossi in an attempt to help Lorenzo win the championship. “Of course not.” He had ridden his own race, dictated by the conditions and his tires.

He pointed out the inconsistency of Rossi’s charge. “If I want to help Lorenzo, I wouldn’t pass him on the last lap, and I wouldn’t push to the limit, and I wouldn’t take the risk.”

Márquez went on to repeat exactly what he had said after the race itself: that he had been struggling with the front tire overheating when he made his charge forward in the middle of the race. “In the middle of the race I try to push and I try to open a gap, but was not possible,” he said.

On Sunday, he had explained it as follows: “In the race, the temperature was coming up, and in the beginning it was difficult to find especially the front feeling. But then I come back, I try to catch Jorge, I overtake him, I try to push but then I saw that the front tire was moving a lot with this temperature and then I say OK, it’s time to cool down again, and try to manage to the end. But always [the front] was closing, I had some moments, but my plan was on the last three laps try to push a little bit more.”

CMRA #914
2012 CBR250R (track)
2012 CBR600RR (track)
post #17 of 269 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 12:25 PM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomCue View Post
I don't think Rossi said anything in that article indicating that he thinks MM is evil.
This is from Crash.net but the same thing is on the official motoGP site. "The Italian continued his salvo by saying: “At Laguna Seca [2013] he wanted to do what I had done to Stoner five years before, when he could easily have passed three corners later. It was the first signal. And I said so, but I did not want to believe it. To think evil, it takes forever.”

Some sites didn't put all the quotes. Some of the sites also posted Rossi's comments where he called some of his fans stupid for attacking Iannone.

2015 Ducati PanigaleS

2013 BMW S1000RR-Sold
post #18 of 269 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 12:33 PM
BOTM Winner Jan 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR Time View Post
From today:

[B]MotoGP Malaysia: Marquez mystified by Rossi attack
23 October 2015

Throw in some apparently long held suspicions - Rossi said Marquez choosing to pass him at the Corkscrew in 2013 was the “first signal” - plus some see-sawing lap times at Phillip Island and Rossi may have concluded that forcing Marquez to effectively 'prove' he isn't helping Lorenzo is no bad thing.

So Rossi is going all the way back to 2013 trying to prove Marc is out to get him?

post #19 of 269 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Jorge also confused by Vales comments towards Marc , also feels it was the wrong thing to say. Also to note today in FP2 Which Jorge leads (will post times later today) there was an incident after free practice when they were lining up for practice starts, looks like Vale took off behind and to the left of Jorge then cut in front of him causing Jorge to "shake" his head lol oh boy, im def watching this one live even if its a 3am start for my time zone lol

MotoGP Malaysia: Lorenzo calls Rossi's 'strategy' into question
23 October 2015

Jorge Lorenzo questions the claims made by Valentino Rossi on Thursday, feels they wouldn't have been said if Rossi was the fastest rider

Jorge Lorenzo has responded to Valentino Rossi's 'new strategy' that saw him verbally attack Marc Marquez, and claimed the Italian wouldn't have made this outburst “if he was the fastest one.”

Rossi called Marquez's Phillip Island race strategy into question on Thursday in an astonishing attack, claiming it was disrespectful.

Prompted to respond, Lorenzo felt this was wrong, considering Rossi used similar tactics – fighting with his rivals before posting an explosive final lap – when he was racing the likes of Max Biaggi and Sete Gibernau.

As he spent the majority of the Australian Grand Prix ahead of the chasing pack, Lorenzo said he wasn't best placed to determine whether Marquez had used questionable tactics in his race-long scrap with Rossi and Andrea Iannone, or indeed whether Marquez intended to help Lorenzo.

But he seriously doubted the validity of the latter, and believes they were “strange” words when viewed alongside Rossi's track record of toying with his opponents in the early four-stroke MotoGP era.

“No,” responded the 28-year old when asked if he felt Marquez was attempting to aid his championship cause in Australia. “No because mainly I was in front maybe 80 percent of the race. I was leading the race so more or less I didn't know what happened on the back.

“Secondly I really believe he was not helping me during the race. If he was he would let me win the race and give me these five points and give me the opportunity to [just] depend on myself. But you have to ask Marquez what was his strategy. I think he responded yesterday what he thought.

“Anyway I don't think it's a good strategy from Valentino because the accusation is exactly the same as in the past he did when he was winning the world title with his rivals. With Biaggi, Gibernau, Ukawa. He was a little bit playing around during the race and then on the final lap he push and win the race. So it's a little bit strange that he speaks like that after what is his past.”

Pressed on whether he felt Rossi's claims were a sign of the Italian's nerves at this advanced and critical stage of their enthralling championship battle, Lorenzo continued that this verbal attack stems from Rossi knowing he doesn't have the pace to win the final two races at Sepang and Valencia.

“I said before in Spanish if he was fast enough to win these two races he would not say these kind of things because he would win the championship by more than eleven points. But maybe he's afraid to get the championship a little bit more complicated because it's not enough to fight mostly with Marc, me or Dani at these tracks. I think it's a strategy, no?

“I think I have responded before,” he replied when pressed further. “If he was the fastest one he would not speak about these kind of things. I think this time it was not the right strategy to be honest.”

Quizzed on the significance of the final race of 2013, when Rossi didn't run the pace of the leading trio as Lorenzo needed to win and Marquez to finish off the podium to clinch a third premier class crown, the Majorcan insisted he was only thinking of the present.

“I don't want to speak about 2013, which was two years ago. But it's true that the race was quite slow and he didn't try any overtakings. I don't know why. But this is the past. We are thinking now about the championship and I don't want to think too much about the past.”
post #20 of 269 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 12:41 PM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox View Post

Marquez mentioned that in the post race press conference as well.

I seriously think Rossi is starting to press. He's feeling the pressure because he knows this may be his last best chance to win that 10th title. Honda and Marquez have fixed their bike since Assen and will likely continue to refine it for next year. What are the chances Marquez crashes out 5 times in a year again. Well, truth be told, the way he rides it's very possible, but anyway. Lorenzo will still be solid and let's face it he's just been faster than Rossi the second half of the year already. A good point was made in something I read that Rossi has never won a title when he had to fight like this to the end. Which is amazing when you think about his career.

2015 Ducati PanigaleS

2013 BMW S1000RR-Sold
The Following User Says Thank You to GTSurgery For This Useful Post:
CBR Time (10-23-2015)
post #21 of 269 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 12:46 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
So Rossi is going all the way back to 2013 trying to prove Marc is out to get him?

Yes. Rossi's totally lost the thread. I feel like most of you have already covered my thoughts on it. If Rossi wanted to prove something about Marquez, he's failed; if he wanted to demonstrate a shocking loss of composure under pressue - not something one would expect from Rossi - he's succeeding magnificently.

Also from crash.net:
Quote:
Jorge Lorenzo has responded to Valentino Rossi's 'new strategy' that saw him verbally attack Marc Marquez, and claimed the Italian wouldn't have made this outburst “if he was the fastest one.”

Rossi called Marquez's Phillip Island race strategy into question on Thursday in an astonishing attack, claiming it was disrespectful.

Prompted to respond, Lorenzo felt this was wrong, considering Rossi used similar tactics – fighting with his rivals before posting an explosive final lap – when he was racing the likes of Max Biaggi and Sete Gibernau.

more in the article itself, linked above.

Feeling down? Just watch the Rossi @ Ducati section of Hitting the Apex

Last edited by toEleven; 10-23-2015 at 12:48 PM. Reason: formatting
post #22 of 269 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 12:57 PM
BOTM Winner Jan 2015

Ill be the first one to bring this up; I'm not saying this is what's happening or that I believe it, but it's always a possibility. Could Rossi be using drugs to help cope with the stress and be causing these extremely out- of-character accusations?

post #23 of 269 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

One things for sure, I def think this is Vales last shot at a title, if he wants his 10th title, its NOW or NEVER imo. Shinfo re the drugs? who knows...
will be interesting to watch podium reactions from Vale and Marc if they're both on it, and or post race press conf, "do we have any questions?" lol yes yes we do
post #24 of 269 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

FP1/2 results:
Valentino Rossi leads team-mate Jorge Lorenzo by 11 points with two rounds of the MotoGP season remaining. For Rossi to win the title on Sunday, he would need to push his advantage up to 26 points.

Anthony West and fellow Australian Damian Cudlin are riding as replacements for the injured Karel Abraham and Alex de Angelis...
FP1
1. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 2m 00.412s [Lap 3/16] 330km/h (Top Speed)
2. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 2m 00.622s +0.210s [8/14] 326km/h
3. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 2m 00.736s +0.324s [3/17] 332km/h
4. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 2m 00.915s +0.503s [9/17] 328km/h
5. Scott Redding GBR Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) 2m 01.218s +0.806s [14/17] 324km/h
6. Cal Crutchlow GBR LCR Honda (RC213V) 2m 01.235s +0.823s [14/15] 329km/h
7. Andrea Iannone ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP15) 2m 01.421s +1.009s [8/17] 335km/h
8. Hector Barbera ESP Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14 Open) 2m 01.616s +1.204s [11/13] 321km/h
9. Aleix Espargaro ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 2m 01.741s +1.329s [14/15] 324km/h
10. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP15) 2m 01.917s +1.505s [14/17] 335km/h
11. Danilo Petrucci ITA Octo Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 2m 01.957s +1.545s [13/17] 326km/h
12. Maverick Viñales ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR)* 2m 02.258s +1.846s [15/15] 326km/h
13. Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 2m 02.259s +1.847s [4/18] 329km/h
14. Stefan Bradl GER Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 2m 02.314s +1.902s [15/17] 321km/h
15. Bradley Smith GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 2m 02.323s +1.911s [9/18] 330km/h
16. Nicky Hayden USA Aspar MotoGP Team (RC213V-RS) 2m 02.590s +2.178s [14/16] 320km/h
17. Yonny Hernandez COL Octo Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 2m 03.072s +2.660s [8/15] 328km/h
18. Jack Miller AUS LCR Honda (RC213V-RS)* 2m 03.136s +2.724s [14/16] 322km/h
19. Alvaro Bautista ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 2m 03.228s +2.816s [14/14] 320km/h
20. Mike Di Meglio FRA Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14 Open) 2m 03.394s +2.982s [13/14] 323km/h
21. Loris Baz FRA Forward Racing (Forward Yamaha)* 2m 03.429s +3.017s [13/14] 319km/h
22. Eugene Laverty IRL Aspar MotoGP Team (RC213V-RS)* 2m 03.938s +3.526s [9/16] 321km/h
23. Toni Elias SPA Forward Racing (Forward Yamaha) 2m 04.496s +4.084s [12/16] 324km/h
24. Anthony West AUS AB Motoracing (RC213V-RS) 2m 05.793s +5.381s [9/17] 321km/h
25. Damian Cudlin AUS E-Motion IodaRacing (ART) 2m 07.552s +7.140s [11/14] 308km/h

FP2
1. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 2m 00.246s [Lap 12/15] 326km/h (Top Speed)
2. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 2m 00.293s +0.047s [17/18] 330km/h
3. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 2m 00.472s +0.226s [13/16] 332km/h
4. Andrea Iannone ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP15) 2m 00.486s +0.240s [13/14] 335km/h
5. Cal Crutchlow GBR LCR Honda (RC213V) 2m 01.039s +0.793s [13/15] 330km/h
6. Aleix Espargaro ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 2m 01.058s +0.812s [15/15] 321km/h
7. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP15) 2m 01.127s +0.881s [13/14] 333km/h
8. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 2m 01.305s +1.059s [9/16] 327km/h
9. Danilo Petrucci ITA Octo Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 2m 01.598s +1.352s [14/15] 324km/h
10. Scott Redding GBR Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) 2m 01.607s +1.361s [13/14] 326km/h
11. Maverick Viñales ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR)* 2m 01.796s +1.550s [3/15] 325km/h
12. Hector Barbera ESP Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14 Open) 2m 01.796s +1.550s [12/13] 323km/h
13. Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 2m 01.850s +1.604s [16/16] 324km/h
14. Bradley Smith GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 2m 02.101s +1.855s [7/19] 326km/h
15. Stefan Bradl GER Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 2m 02.118s +1.872s [14/16] 320km/h
16. Eugene Laverty IRL Aspar MotoGP Team (RC213V-RS)* 2m 02.426s +2.180s [15/17] 322km/h
17. Nicky Hayden USA Aspar MotoGP Team (RC213V-RS) 2m 02.427s +2.181s [13/16] 318km/h
18. Yonny Hernandez COL Octo Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 2m 02.554s +2.308s [11/13] 327km/h
19. Alvaro Bautista ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 2m 02.626s +2.380s [13/16] 320km/h
20. Mike Di Meglio FRA Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14 Open) 2m 03.480s +3.234s [15/16] 320km/h
21. Jack Miller AUS LCR Honda (RC213V-RS)* 2m 03.485s +3.239s [15/15] 321km/h
22. Toni Elias SPA Forward Racing (Forward Yamaha) 2m 03.710s +3.464s [14/15] 321km/h
23. Loris Baz FRA Forward Racing (Forward Yamaha)* 2m 03.731s +3.485s [12/15] 315km/h
24. Anthony West AUS AB Motoracing (RC213V-RS) 2m 04.892s +4.646s [2/15] 316km/h
25. Damian Cudlin AUS E-Motion IodaRacing (ART) 2m 06.962s +6.716s [2/4] 302km/h
post #25 of 269 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 01:36 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Could Rossi be using drugs to help cope with the stress and be causing these extremely out- of-character accusations?
Who would know? +1 for originality. I didn't opt for the pharmacology degree, but I imagine there are stress reducing drugs that don't list paranoia among their common side effects.

While we're speculating, why not take the nationalist view? The claim by Rossi and support from Iannone:
Quote:
But Iannone agreed with Rossi that Marquez had been “playing” with the pace, although he stopped short of suggesting a reason.

“It was an incredible race for sure. I also think Marc played with us! Because after 15 laps, after corner five, going really slow and I pass him easily. But I don't know why. For sure [he] have a really good pace and if it was a strategy, I don't know.”
and dissenting views from their Spanish colleagues. Mildy interesting to ponder for a second or two.

post #26 of 269 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

yeah for sure Vale is under a tremendous amount of stress, highly unlikley he will get another shot at a title again, he wants his 10th one badly, and lets not forget he was involved in the fatal accident at this very track with his good buddy Marco :( It will certainly be an interesting Qual , will also be interesting to see how Vale and Marc interact with one another should they both be on the podium, not to mention to mention the post race press conf.... This is most def mind games and Vale is a master at them, will it work ? not sure? Will Marc or any other top rider want to win , of course, will they keep out of the way of the Yamahas, ahhh no!
post #27 of 269 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 09:55 PM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
Its nothing but mind games for sure you all saw evreyone ( Vale , Lorenzo & Marquez ) was laughing during the new confrence & even when Vale was talking to the italian media the reporter asking him questions was laughing as well .Vale was simply trying to lighten up the atmosphere during the news confrence

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #28 of 269 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 10:10 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Nothing lightens the mood like lap time charts.

The Following User Says Thank You to toEleven For This Useful Post:
shinfo (10-24-2015)
post #29 of 269 (permalink) Old 10-24-2015, 02:22 AM Thread Starter

Staying up for Qual :P
FP3
FP3:
1. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 1m 59.544s [Lap 12/15] 329km/h (Top Speed)
2. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 59.655s +0.111s [17/17] 332km/h
3. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 59.983s +0.439s [17/18] 334km/h
4. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 2m 00.253s +0.709s [17/17] 326km/h
5. Hector Barbera ESP Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14 Open) 2m 00.332s +0.788s [5/14] 322km/h
6. Cal Crutchlow GBR LCR Honda (RC213V) 2m 00.371s +0.827s [15/16] 329km/h
7. Aleix Espargaro ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 2m 00.482s +0.938s [9/16] 320km/h
8. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP15) 2m 00.604s +1.060s [17/18] 335km/h
9. Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 2m 00.709s +1.165s [14/17] 326km/h
10. Maverick Viñales ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR)* 2m 00.739s +1.195s [15/16] 326km/h
11. Andrea Iannone ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP15) 2m 00.783s +1.239s [3/17] 340km/h
12. Bradley Smith GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 2m 00.968s +1.424s [15/18] 329km/h
13. Danilo Petrucci ITA Octo Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 2m 01.016s +1.472s [3/12] 325km/h
14. Scott Redding GBR Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) 2m 01.086s +1.542s [16/17] 328km/h
15. Stefan Bradl GER Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 2m 01.303s +1.759s [14/17] 324km/h
16. Nicky Hayden USA Aspar MotoGP Team (RC213V-RS) 2m 01.318s +1.774s [3/17] 323km/h
17. Yonny Hernandez COL Octo Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 2m 01.557s +2.013s [11/17] 330km/h
18. Alvaro Bautista ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 2m 01.742s +2.198s [14/17] 325km/h
19. Toni Elias SPA Forward Racing (Forward Yamaha) 2m 01.923s +2.379s [16/17] 325km/h
20. Jack Miller AUS LCR Honda (RC213V-RS)* 2m 02.057s +2.513s [11/15] 320km/h
21. Mike Di Meglio FRA Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14 Open) 2m 02.135s +2.591s [3/15] 320km/h
22. Eugene Laverty IRL Aspar MotoGP Team (RC213V-RS)* 2m 02.699s +3.155s [16/17] 323km/h
23. Loris Baz FRA Forward Racing (Forward Yamaha)* 2m 02.845s +3.301s [7/15] 318km/h
24. Anthony West AUS AB Motoracing (RC213V-RS) 2m 03.791s +4.247s [15/16] 319km/h
25. Damian Cudlin AUS E-Motion IodaRacing (ART) 2m 07.639s +8.095s [5/13] 307km/h

Riders going directly to Qualifying 2 - Top 10 Combined Practice Times:
1. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1)
2. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V)
3. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V)
4. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1)
5. Hector Barbera ESP Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14 Open)
6. Cal Crutchlow GBR LCR Honda (RC213V)
7. Aleix Espargaro ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR)
8. Andrea Iannone ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP15)
9. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP15)
10. Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1)

FP4 JORGE Crashed, but it ok
1. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 2m 00.471s [Lap 3/13] 336km/h (Top Speed)
2. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 2m 00.793s +0.322s [9/12] 330km/h
3. Andrea Iannone ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP15) 2m 00.998s +0.527s [2/13] 333km/h
4. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 2m 01.122s +0.651s [2/8] 328km/h
5. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 2m 01.160s +0.689s [5/13] 328km/h
6. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP15) 2m 01.477s +1.006s [3/11] 334km/h
7. Aleix Espargaro ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 2m 01.643s +1.172s [3/9] 320km/h
8. Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 2m 01.756s +1.285s [10/12] 326km/h
9. Scott Redding GBR Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) 2m 01.816s +1.345s [8/13] 326km/h
10. Bradley Smith GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 2m 01.831s +1.360s [4/13] 328km/h
11. Danilo Petrucci ITA Octo Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 2m 01.880s +1.409s [4/11] 324km/h
12. Cal Crutchlow GBR LCR Honda (RC213V) 2m 01.900s +1.429s [6/12] 328km/h
13. Nicky Hayden USA Aspar MotoGP Team (RC213V-RS) 2m 01.985s +1.514s [12/13] 318km/h
14. Maverick Viñales ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR)* 2m 02.043s +1.572s [10/11] 322km/h
15. Yonny Hernandez COL Octo Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 2m 02.331s +1.860s [4/12] 328km/h
16. Stefan Bradl GER Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 2m 02.410s +1.939s [8/12] 325km/h
17. Hector Barbera ESP Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14 Open) 2m 02.475s +2.004s [3/15] 327km/h
18. Eugene Laverty IRL Aspar MotoGP Team (RC213V-RS)* 2m 02.683s +2.212s [4/11] 318km/h
19. Toni Elias SPA Forward Racing (Forward Yamaha) 2m 02.875s +2.404s [10/12] 323km/h
20. Alvaro Bautista ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 2m 02.893s +2.422s [7/11] 320km/h
21. Jack Miller AUS LCR Honda (RC213V-RS)* 2m 02.964s +2.493s [3/11] 325km/h
22. Mike Di Meglio FRA Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14 Open) 2m 03.662s +3.191s [8/10] 320km/h
23. Loris Baz FRA Forward Racing (Forward Yamaha)* 2m 03.700s +3.229s [3/10] 320km/h
24. Anthony West AUS AB Motoracing (RC213V-RS) 2m 05.210s +4.739s [3/11] 317km/h
25. Damian Cudlin AUS E-Motion IodaRacing (ART) 2m 06.843s +6.372s [7/8] 308km/h
post #30 of 269 (permalink) Old 10-24-2015, 03:05 AM Thread Starter

Q1/2 Dani with a blistering pole record!!
Dani Pedrosa takes pole from Repsol Honda team-mate Marc Marquez, Valentino Rossi bumps team-mate and title rival Jorge Lorenzo from the front row on his final lap.

Rossi leads Lorenzo by 11 points with two rounds of the MotoGP season remaining. For Rossi to win the title on Sunday, he would need to push his advantage up to 26 points.

Anthony West and fellow Australian Damian Cudlin are riding as replacements for the injured Karel Abraham and Alex de Angelis...

Qualifying 2:
1. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 59.053s [Lap 2/7] 332km/h (Top Speed) NEW RECORD
2. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 59.462s +0.409s [7/7] 333km/h
3. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 1m 59.726s +0.673s [8/8] 326km/h
4. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 1m 59.737s +0.684s [2/8] 326km/h
5. Cal Crutchlow GBR LCR Honda (RC213V) 2m 0.199s +1.146s [8/8] 327km/h
6. Andrea Iannone ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP15) 2m 0.224s +1.171s [2/8] 338km/h
7. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP15) 2m 0.423s +1.370s [2/5] 331km/h
8. Maverick Viñales ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR)* 2m 0.478s +1.425s [5/6] 325km/h
9. Bradley Smith GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 2m 0.652s +1.599s [7/7] 329km/h
10. Hector Barbera ESP Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14 Open) 2m 0.724s +1.671s [5/7] 326km/h
11. Aleix Espargaro ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 2m 0.724s +1.671s [2/4] 325km/h
12. Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 2m 0.794s +1.741s [5/7] 327km/h

Qualifying 1:
13. Danilo Petrucci ITA Octo Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 2m 01.223s 328km/h
14. Stefan Bradl GER Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 2m 01.346s 323km/h
15. Scott Redding GBR Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) 2m 01.367s 326km/h
16. Jack Miller AUS LCR Honda (RC213V-RS)* 2m 01.725s 319km/h
17. Alvaro Bautista ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 2m 01.727s 322km/h
18. Yonny Hernandez COL Octo Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 2m 01.748s 329km/h
19. Nicky Hayden USA Aspar MotoGP Team (RC213V-RS) 2m 01.829s 320km/h
20. Loris Baz FRA Forward Racing (Forward Yamaha)* 2m 01.862s 319km/h
21. Toni Elias SPA Forward Racing (Forward Yamaha) 2m 02.415s 326km/h
22. Eugene Laverty IRL Aspar MotoGP Team (RC213V-RS)* 2m 02.460s 322km/h
23. Mike Di Meglio FRA Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14 Open) 2m 02.964s 317km/h
24. Anthony West AUS AB Motoracing (RC213V-RS) 2m 03.855s 318km/h
25. Damian Cudlin AUS E-Motion IodaRacing (ART) 2m 06.051s 308km/h
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page