The doctor, the tornado, and the Kentucky kid....Now Available - 600RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006, 01:06 AM
cvlighthouse

The doctor, the tornado, and the Kentucky kid....Now Available

The preview edition is released for order now. 95 minutes long for the preview edition. Next copy to have more material, but will not ship until at least October.
http://www.dtkmovie.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006, 10:29 PM
Ninja Master

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i figure i'll just pick up whatever version at motogp.

Read my cactus.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006, 10:41 PM
Knee Dragger

Now they should make a Warner Brothers movie like that!

The Beast is out, and his hungry tonite.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006, 10:56 PM
Pocketbike Racer

For the DC Metro Area. We get the Full version on the big screen.
July 29th 430pm Arlington Virginia

Special thanks to www.DCSportbikes.com and SteelRain!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelrain
For the DC Metro Area. We get the Full version on the big screen.
July 29th 430pm Arlington Virginia

Special thanks to www.DCSportbikes.com and SteelRain!

Where is it gonna be at?
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2006, 11:09 AM
The ULTIMATE 1 Upper

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Got it early last week! Great movie to get you amped for next week! Can't wait for the final version!

A wise man once said...
Quote:
Originally Posted by moeman View Post
It aint that easy to depart once u are in you are in for life regardless of what u ride
...And that's why I'm still here! :01_thumbu
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2006, 11:31 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Watching it now, its awesome! Very informative

"She's got legs that keep going and going and going and make a turd chopper out of themselves." GBord

"Ima Redneck"
Eazy E

CCS Amatuer #611
03 600RR

Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 12:00 AM

dunno if i can wait til the motogp to pick this up.. anyone wanna torrent it? i swear i'll buy it when i goto motogp this weekend.. ;)
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 01:09 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Looks like a tight movie!

My Wives________
2001 Trans Am WS6
2004 CBR 600RR (SOLD)
2005 R1 RAVEN
www.r1-forum.com - Stank Juic3
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/ - Stank Juic3
"The R1 is Madness"

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 01:23 AM
Nemesis

I'll be the bad guy and say it sucked. Not worth the money. I'm sure someone will bootleg this or have this available for downloading but the movie was bad.

What was it?....1 1/2 or 2 hours covering the same track, same turn, same rider??? Dragging the same parts over and over. Boring as heck. They should have gone a different route IMO.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 01:45 PM
Ninja Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
I'll be the bad guy and say it sucked. Not worth the money. I'm sure someone will bootleg this or have this available for downloading but the movie was bad.

What was it?....1 1/2 or 2 hours covering the same track, same turn, same rider??? Dragging the same parts over and over. Boring as heck. They should have gone a different route IMO.
nem, wanna sell your copy and ship up to me? i'd like to see it before i go up this weekend.

pm'ing you too...

Read my cactus.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis

Its definitely not as good as "Faster" but I still loved it. They make a lot of mention of different techniques, etc for different types of turns. I'm looking forward to trying them (obviously at a much slower pace) while at barber this coming weekend. IMO, its worth the money.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 02:24 PM

Still an excellent flick though. I really hope they continue this type as a series. Focus in on the really hairy courses. This season of MotoGP would make an awesome DVD collection.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 02:27 PM
cvlighthouse

From a press release issued by Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca:
Documentary Film Relives The 2005 Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

MONTEREY, Calif. – Race fans looking for an evening activity in Monterey during the Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix will be afforded an exclusive opportunity to witness the film that documents the return of the MotoGP World Championship to the United States in 2005 - THE DOCTOR, THE TORNADO & THE KENTUCKY KID.

During the race weekend, Friday July 21st and Saturday July 22nd, the Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix will host two free showings of the film at the historic Golden State Theatre on Alvarado Street in downtown Monterey.

Seating is limited, so race fans are encouraged to arrive early to see the film. Doors will open at 8:00pm, with the movie scheduled to begin at 8:30pm.

THE DOCTOR, THE TORNADO AND THE KENTUCKY KID is a feature-length documentary telling the inside story of the 2005 Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. The 95 minute film gets up close and personal with Nicky Hayden, Colin Edwards, John Hopkins and the rest of the MotoGP field as the Americans work through their quest to win at the home grand prix. The film, from Mark Neale and the makers of the award-winning MotoGP film Faster, also offers behind-the-scenes access to the American riders including a trip to Colin Edwards’ Texas home and follows Hayden through the finish line for his first Grand Prix win.

More information is available on-line by visiting www.redbullusgrandprix.com/rallye.

A number of spectator amenities have been announced to improve the 2006 Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix. A new traffic flow plan is in place to also help to increase the fan experience. Highlights of the plan include all general admission parking off-site, with spectators transported via shuttle bus; a motorcycle-only entrance; and increased staffing and directional signage. Additionally, the number of concession stands has been increased dramatically, the official souvenir store will now be housed in an 8,000 square foot tent in Yamaha Marketplace, and more and better-located restrooms will be available throughout the facility. More information is available at www.laguna-seca.com.

Tickets for Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca’s 50th Season of Racing, including the Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix July 21-23, the 33rd Rolex Monterey Historic Automobile Races August 18-20 and the Monterey Sports Car Championships featuring the American Le Mans Series October 20-22, are on-sale now.

Tickets and more information are available by calling (800) 327-SECA or on-line at www.laguna-seca.com.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 02:40 PM
MotoGP NEWS Guru

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I somewhat agree with Nem. Not worth $25. At least put a kick butt musical score in there. Something to get the juices pumping. I would have liked more Rossi commentary instead of highlighting three Americans, one of which, as much as I like Hopper, wasn't very informative. I actually think that 5 seconds they capture KR, Jr. was more informative. I would have liked to see more paddock shots. Maybe an expose on the bikes instead of 4-5 gawking fans around a bike speaking nonsense. Yeah, I've watched it more than a handful of times. I'd give it a 7 out of 10, not worth $25.

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)

"It´s not easier to ride, but I don´t need something easier, I need something faster."
- Nicky Hayden #69

Next Track Days (NESBA): September 10 - Summit (Main)
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 02:46 PM

i am going tomorrow night for the red bull hollywood premiere party at paramount studios and movie. hayden, edwards, capirossi (maybe)... and few others are going to be there. i'll snap some pics if i can.

i am just going to mack on the honeys that pass out the free red bull drinks.

late... nick - mri
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 03:36 PM

It could have been done better" that's what my mom said, haven't seen it yet. But she liked it.

Actually, she said that she thought it would go great with the slideshow we did of last year's US GP as well as the unedited race of Nicky's win.

I'll be checking it out this weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page