Reigning MotoGP champion Jorge Lorenzo set the fastest lap time as official 2016 MotoGP testing got underway at Sepang, in Malaysia.
The Movistar Yamaha rider set a best time of 2m 0.684s on his 32nd lap of the day, which kept him one-second clear of the field by the time rain arrived with 20-minutes of track time remaining.
Team-mate and 2015 title rival Valentino Rossi jumped into second place during the final hour, edging out Repsol Honda's Dani Pedrosa by 0.063s.
Aspar's Eugene Laverty was reported to have suffered a right hand fracture after a suspected stuck throttle at Turn 4 this afternoon. It is especially bad luck for the Irishman given he had just recovered from a left wrist fracture, plus other injuries, at November's Jerez test. - UPDATE: Laverty may only have swelling on the hand and could return for final day.
Due to the change from Bridgestone to Michelin tyres and introduction of a single ECU, many factories have substantial developments to try before settling on their 2016 race machinery.
Yamaha had several different M1s available for Jorge Lorenzo and Valentino Rossi, including the new fuel tank position, while Honda's priority is to evaluate two different engine specifications with factory stars Marc Marquez and Dani Pedrosa.
Ducati's GP16 made its debut in the hands of Andrea Iannone and Andrea Dovizioso, alongside last year's GP15, while Suzuki have three GSX-RRs available for Maverick Vinales and Aleix Espargaro; a 2016, 2015-2016 hybrid and 2015.
Although Suzuki now has a seamless shift gearbox, only the 'stage 1' version (seamless upshift only) is at Sepang. The factory hopes to debut a 'stage 2' (seamless upshift and downshift) next time in Australia.
Aprilia will still be using its 2015 bike, with the 2016 RS-GP due to be present at a private test in Qatar later this month, instead of taking part in the next official test at Phillip Island.
The satellite teams are using various forms of 2015 machinery, although the Honda entries (LCR and Marc VDS) are set to receive 2016 updates by the start of the season.
Ioda, considering a switch to WSBK, is the only team absent from this week's test although new Marc VDS signing Jack Miller is riding injured after breaking his leg in a motocross training accident last month.
Testing takes place between 10am and 6pm. Retired double world champion Casey Stoner, who made his Ducati return on Saturday at Sepang (setting a 2m 2.1s on a dirty track), will test again tomorrow...
1. = Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 2m 0.684s [Lap 32/37]
2. ˄ Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 2m 1.717s +1.033s [52/55]
3. ˅ Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 2m 1.780s +1.096s [23/34]
4. ˅ Danilo Petrucci ITA Octo Pramac Yakhnich (Desmosedici GP15) 2m 1.811s +1.127s [29/43]
5. ˅ Andrea Iannone ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP15/16) 2m 1.912s +1.228s [33/49]
6. ˄ Hector Barbera ESP Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 2m 2.002s +1.318s [54/59]
7. ˅ Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 2m 2.278s +1.594s [32/50]
8. ˅ Scott Redding GBR Octo Pramac Yakhnich (Desmosedici GP15) 2m 2.338s +1.654s [30/46]
9. ˅ Aleix Espargaro ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 2m 2.539s +1.855s [22/42]
10. ˅ Cal Crutchlow GBR LCR Honda (RC213V) 2m 2.586s +1.902s [36/42]
11. ˄ Maverick Vińales ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 2m 2.645s +1.961s [39/40]
12. ˅ Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 2m 2.646s +1.962s [27/42]
13. ˅ Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP15/16) 2m 2.650s +1.966s [31/40]
14. ˅ Yonny Hernandez COL Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 2m 2.916s +2.232s [14/44]
15. ˅ Bradley Smith GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 2m 3.026s +2.342s [54/55]
16. = Michele Pirro ITA Ducati Test Rider (Desmosedici GP15/16) 2m 3.203s +2.519s [26/32]
17. ˄ Loris Baz FRA Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 2m 3.204s +2.520s [57/58]
18. ˅ Tito Rabat ESP Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V)* 2m 3.463s +2.779s [26/53]
19. ˅ Eugene Laverty IRL Aspar MotoGP Team (Desmosedici GP14.2) 2m 3.565s +2.881s [20/27]
20. = Stefan Bradl GER Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 2m 3.978s +3.294s [12/39]
21. = Alvaro Bautista ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 2m 4.075s +3.391s [33/34]
˄ Rider has a higher position relative to end of previous hour.
= Rider has the same position as end of previous hour.
˅ Rider has a lower position relative to end of previous hour.
Read more at MotoGP Results - Sepang MotoGP test times - Monday (Final)