LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Donington GP Spoiler!!!

Robotface (Pedrosa)
The Doctor (Rossi)
Jackass (Melandri)

Robotface wins his second GP of the season, The Doctor rushed from 12th place to take 2nd place from Jackass who ran wide in the last chicane (last lap).

Hayden? i dunno but he surely isn't in the podium right now. so what's the excuse? "i tested a new swingarm & exhaust blah, blah, blah" or "i was on a development bike blah, blah, blah" or "i have the flu blah, blah, blah". btw CEII finished 4seconds in front of Hayden today.

overall it's a fantastic race!!!

2003 CBR 600RR JDM
HRC ECU AMA spec
HRC radiator
Electrex World race alternator
WP 4618 rear shock
WP 1508 steering damper
Ohlins 9.0N fork springs
Overrev tuned fork cartridges
Akrapovic Evo Carbon FS
Dynojet PCV WB2 POD300
BMC race air filter
AFAM 15/47 sprockets
DID VX2 520 gold chain
Brembo 19RCS MC
HEL brakelines
Euro Racing riser plates & lever
HM Plus quickshifter
EVR CTS slipper clutch
BST CF wheels

Last edited by OveRReV; 07-02-2006 at 10:17 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 11:09 AM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
Pedrosa's interview
http://videoxx.moxxtoxxgp.com/ppv_mu...4334_76902.wmv
Rossi's interview
http://videoxx.moxxtoxxgp.com/ppv_mu...4349_24626.wmv
Melandri's interview
http://videoxx.moxxtoxxgp.com/ppv_mu...4358_39277.wmv
Race Highlights
http://videoxx.moxxtoxxgp.com/ppv_mu...64348_1103.wmv
Best of Warm up
http://videoxx.moxxtoxxgp.com/ppv_mu...4045_70329.wmv
Best of practice
http://videoxx.moxxtoxxgp.com/ppv_mu...4107_21027.wmv
QP Video Highlights
http://videoxx.moxxtoxxgp.com/ppv_m...63429_59261.wmv
Full Practice 2 Video Highlights
http://videoxx.moxxtoxxgp.com/ppv_m...62616_47527.wmv
Sunday BEST
http://videoxx.moxxtoxxgp.com/ppv_m...63634_77162.wmv
Best Of QP
http://videoxx.moxxtoxxgp.com/ppv_m...63417_59458.wmv

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #3 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 11:55 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

If hayden keeps up his trademark podiums consistency (with some help from a virturally garuenteed win at Laguna) its going to be tough for anyone, even rossi, to catch him.

That having been said, if anyone's capable of doing it, its rossi. I don't think Pedrosa will factor in to the end. It'll be either hayden or rossi, IMHO.

post #4 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 12:59 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
When is m0t0gp.com going to post up the hi-rez full race vid??

05 RR Slv/Blk

Super perfundo on the early eve of your day
post #5 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 04:25 PM

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Rossi is the ultimate absolution
post #6 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 04:28 PM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiro
When is m0t0gp.com going to post up the hi-rez full race vid??
Its already posted

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #7 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 07:22 PM
Pocketbike Racer

im disappointed from the outcome :(

eh atleast hondas on top. i wish nicky would have been higher.

2006 Honda CBR600RR, Red/Black
Daily Driver.
post #8 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 08:27 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 15 reviews
The Doctor is on his way back up!
post #9 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 09:08 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Damn, that race was amazing.

Melandri is seriously awesome. Even with all those injuries he managed to take rossi to school on 2 separate occasions! Too bad he made that mistake at the end, though. Props to him on a good race.

Rossi, Rossi, Rossi. What can I say? That guy qualified like 14th and he came up and got 2nd. That is just amazing. He is just something else on 2 wheels.

I was honestly rooting for Roberts the entire race, though. Funny how much a difference a Honda engine can make for them. All that time they were bitching of a crappy engine and they were right. Now look at them, always near the front pack. Good job on their part. I hope to see more of Roberts on the podium this year.

Hayden. Where was he? I think he may be confusing GP racing with MX because he seems to dig the gravel trap a lot recently. Hopefully, he'll get his act together and adapt better instead of using "new parts" as a crutch whenever he doesn't place well. And when he does place well, he uses the "new parts" to make his wins have even more weight to them. Pretty lame when he does that. Otherwise, he's a solid racer.

Pedrosa is nuts. That's all I have to say about him. Freakin Robot-Face.
post #10 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

all seems quiet from the Hayden fans club, i wonder why?

2003 CBR 600RR JDM
HRC ECU AMA spec
HRC radiator
Electrex World race alternator
WP 4618 rear shock
WP 1508 steering damper
Ohlins 9.0N fork springs
Overrev tuned fork cartridges
Akrapovic Evo Carbon FS
Dynojet PCV WB2 POD300
BMC race air filter
AFAM 15/47 sprockets
DID VX2 520 gold chain
Brembo 19RCS MC
HEL brakelines
Euro Racing riser plates & lever
HM Plus quickshifter
EVR CTS slipper clutch
BST CF wheels
post #11 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 10:52 PM
Moto GP Racer

well, i'm a hayden fan so i guess i'll chime in since you are so quick to hate. i stayed completely away from the whole hayden vs. edwards debate on that other thread, and you know why? because one race doesn't mean jack. hayden and edwards both f'ed the last corner, edwards f'ed it sightly worse and hayden wins. in this race, it was pretty clear that hayden didn't have the speed, so that means he sucks and all the hayden haters are right, and all the hayden fans should hang thier heads? bullocks. what is this need to make diffinitive assesments based on one race?

ok, with that out of the way...i thought it was a great race. i too liked seeing roberts at the front, and was hoping he'd hang on for a spot on the box, but in the end i just don't see how an independent project will ever out honda honda, and in the end the RC's go around.

Rossi was freakin' awesome. he showed a lot of guts as well as speed. all the hayden/edwards talk is pretty pointless when its quite clear that its going to come down to hayden/rossi. rossi is clearly faster, but rossi's also having the harder time. i love them both so i just want to see a battle.

what happened to Hopper? man, he was hanging at the front and then sank like a stone in the second half. you're breaking my heart john. i want to see you on the box. of course hopkins is still wipeing the floor with Chris V. i know your just a baby in the series compared to hopkins, but you better pick it up chris, cuz you gave away a superbike title for this suzuki and this season.

and what can i say about Marco and Dani? i don't like them at all, but they're pretty quick i must admit.

GET YOUR TICKETS TO THE RED BULL INDIANAPOLIS GP!! go to www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com or call (800) 822-INDY
post #12 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 11:31 PM
Nemesis

Go Dani Pedrosa!!! Awesome guy!

I guess what Rossi said in Barcelona may just be true: "Melandri and Pedrosa have more talent than Nicky..."

Hahahahaha........

What Nicky lacks is that sheer determination and drive which Melandri and Dani just displayed: Make a mistake, get back up and fight.

Nicky? He just gives up.
post #13 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 11:52 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Relf, glad to see someone has some sense around here, my thoughts exactly...

Straight from Hayden himself, he admits he f'ed up and couldn't find the speed all weekend. :

http://video.motoxxgp.com/ppv_multix...x540_28550.wmv

I'd really like to see Hayden take home the championship for Honda and the Americans, and I am rooting for him bigtime. Do I think he is the best rider on the grid? Not as long as Rossi is still around. However this constant bashing of riders is fuggin rediculous, I highly doubt the guy leading the points at the moment sucks as bad as some of you make him out to. Only the 2nd time this season he hasn't finished on the podium and now he is chopped liver?

Eric
post #14 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 12:20 AM
cyclesector.com

Feedback Score: 85 reviews
Awesome race! Dani was on another level than the other riders, even though I dont care for him much (cuz hes such a robot), I gotta hand it to him for an amazing weekend.

You can never count out Rossi, everytime I even think that he doesnt have a shot at a win or a podium he surprises me. What a race for him!

Yeah pretty dissapointed about Hopper, also Stoner. This championship is getting really interesting though!

post #15 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 01:15 AM
MotoGP NEWS Guru

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Gawddang, you Hayden hater piss me off sometimes. Ya didn't need to start on the Hayden hating. Why not call it a good race for what it is? Melandri's back up there after his accident, so is Rossi. Comment about that, after all, it's a Donnington thread not a "Let's Continue to Hate on Hayden" crap.

And what if it was because the new parts just didn't mesh together which is why Hayden & team weren't fast all weekend? Why isn't that legitimate? What if you were given a bike with parts that didn't mesh and you couldn't fly all that fast? Would you say, "Aw dang, sorry kiddos, my skill sucks!"

HECK NO! Everyone and the mom would be blaming the bike. Because you know what in this case? It most likely WAS the bike. So, all you hatin' on Hayden, chill. Comment on the race. Rossi was able to fly fast, came back from 12th. Let's talk about that and what kind of an achievement that is, instead of ripping on a dude for no reason other than to bring up old stuff. Still sore about the CE loss? Get over it!

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)

"Itīs not easier to ride, but I donīt need something easier, I need something faster."
- Nicky Hayden #69

Next Track Days (NESBA): September 10 - Summit (Main)
post #16 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 01:16 AM
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooperman12
Gawddang, you Hayden hater piss me off sometimes. Ya didn't need to start on the Hayden hating. Why not call it a good race for what it is? Melandri's back up there after his accident, so is Rossi. Comment about that, after all, it's a Donnington thread not a "Let's Continue to Hate on Hayden" crap.

And what if it was because the new parts just didn't mesh together which is why Hayden & team weren't fast all weekend? Why isn't that legitimate? What if you were given a bike with parts that didn't mesh and you couldn't fly all that fast? Would you say, "Aw dang, sorry kiddos, my skill sucks!"

HECK NO! Everyone and the mom would be blaming the bike. Because you know what in this case? It most likely WAS the bike. So, all you hatin' on Hayden, chill. Comment on the race. Rossi was able to fly fast, came back from 12th. Let's talk about that and what kind of an achievement that is, instead of ripping on a dude for no reason other than to bring up old stuff. Still sore about the CE loss? Get over it!
Hahahaha....LMAO!!!!

I'm starting to like this guy.
post #17 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 01:18 AM
MotoGP NEWS Guru

By the way, Hayden didn't give up. He still finished in 7th place, up from 12th with the mishap and a bike that didn't feel good all weekend. So, uh... yeah. Make a real comment.

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)

"Itīs not easier to ride, but I donīt need something easier, I need something faster."
- Nicky Hayden #69

post #18 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 01:21 AM
crotch_rocket_pilot

I think this season is pretty interesting. Its good to see different people finishing on top, other than Rossi every single race. I hope Hayden wins it all. And dont consider Laguna Seca a slam dunk by any means. The worst thing that can happen is Edwards or Hayden going in there thinking its wrapped up (which I dont think they will).
post #19 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 01:25 AM
Nemesis

Quote:
By the way, Hayden didn't give up. He still finished in 7th place, up from 12th with the mishap and a bike that didn't feel good all weekend. So, uh... yeah. Make a real comment.
Okay, here's a real comment: He didn't come to 7th like Rossi did from 14th to 2nd passing every ride along the way. He came up to 7th because other riders' bikes were either malfunctioning or lowsided.

Oh, btw, Nicky really sucks! I can't wait for Dani to pass him in the points so I can rub it in your face some mo' foo!...haha
post #20 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 01:28 AM
crotch_rocket_pilot

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
Okay, here's a real comment: He didn't come to 7th like Rossi did from 14th to 2nd passing every ride along the way. He came up to 7th because other riders' bikes were either malfunctioning or lowsided.

Oh, btw, Nicky really sucks! I can't wait for Dani to pass him in the points so I can rub it in your face some mo' foo!...haha

I cant respect anyones opinion that has fruity pictures of Van Damme in tights dancing. 'Nuff Said. ; )
post #21 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 01:31 AM
Nemesis

Okay, back on topic.

Anyone else notice how gorgeous those umbrella girls looked? My goodness! By far the best I've seen all year.

EDIT: NEVERMIND. JUST TOOK A LOOK ON *********** AND I RETRACT MY COMMENT......hahaha

Last edited by Nemesis; 07-03-2006 at 01:35 AM.
post #22 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 01:40 AM
MotoGP NEWS Guru

Nem

I think you take my support for Hayden wrong. I think he's a great rider. He's no Rossi. No one is Rossi besides Rossi. I'm merely saying we should give props where props are due. If Hayden wins, applaude that. If he loses, then let's talk about the winner. I'm asking for reasonable commentary on the race within this thread at least. But then again, it is a forum and I'm talking to a guy who has an unnatural obsession with Van Damme. You think my support for Hayden is extreme. Your's for mister Jean-Claude is downright ghey.

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)

- Nicky Hayden #69

post #23 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 01:45 AM
MotoGP NEWS Guru

So, back to the topic at hand, let's talk about Rossi and how ridiculously easy he makes slicing through the field look. And anyone have a link to the umbrella girls at Donnington, Nem has peaked my curiosity. The ones at Assen looked like assen.

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)

- Nicky Hayden #69

post #24 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 01:47 AM
cyclesector.com

Feedback Score: 85 reviews
Quote:
But then again, it is a forum and I'm talking to a guy who has an unnatural obsession with Van Damme. You think my support for Hayden is extreme. Your's for mister Jean-Claude is downright ghey.
Haha, that's an easy way to win any argument with Nemesis!

I have no disrespect towards Hayden, but he was lucky to get 7th due to other riders having problems. The reason we also talk about Hayden so much is because he leads the championship. When you discuss each race, you have to talk about what it means for the overall picture.

I still think Rossi will take it all!

post #25 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 02:50 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Personally, I don't think Hayden sucks. I just don't think he has that extra 1% that champions seem to have. And it's a special 1%. The X-Factor or whatever you want to call it.

Rossi has it. Lots of champions have it. I also think some of the current riders have it and others that maybe haven't harnessed yet: Stoner, Melandri, Pedrosa, etc

And I can't wait for GPs to hit a "bridgestone" track so that hopkins can stay up front for once.

BTW: Those JCVD gifs are awesome. He can't help the way he's dancing. In the movie, his character is supposed to be dancing drunk. See?

Last edited by aren; 07-03-2006 at 02:57 AM.
post #26 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 07:37 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by OveRReV
all seems quiet from the Hayden fans club, i wonder why?
Well he didn't get it done, so what is there to say?!?!? He had a craptastic race, was NEVER a factor (all weekend) and rode like a mid-pack rider in the race. End of story. I am confident that he will go much better at the Sachensring but hey we will see...

Again Vale is unreal. Dude is still broken up a little bit and brings it home in 2nd!?!? The thing about him that makes him so great is that when he and his bike are spot on, he can toy with the entire grid. When only one is on, he can still fight for the win. When neither are on, he is still fighting for he podium. The G.O.A.T in my book.

He is the 2nd most talented rider on the grid, but watching Pedrosa do dam near anything is like eating oatmeal. I personally like Stoner much more out of the two young guns.

I am getting worried because it is starting to look like Nicky is a development-whore for Honda, while the other factory guys are getting the most race ready bikes. Whether you like Hayden or not, you know a factory Honda bike is better than 7th with a decent rider. And Nicky IS a good rider. So Nicky/HRC need to get on the same page before Rossi hawks him down and everyone waxes poetic about how Hayden had the most monumental collapse in Moto GP history. And foos like you would be at the top of the list
:icon_roll JK

:icon_spid
"With great power, comes great responsibility"
post #27 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 09:44 AM

So why did Honda have nicky testing a new chasis,swing arm and exhaust this weekend?? I mean he only just won at assen and is points leader so lets stop all foward progress and let the midget do well for repsol who is spanish owned and wanted nothng to do with nicky this year.

Pedrosa gets to ride the same bike and improve on it and nicky is testing????

BS....Thats why honda has test riders like Itoh and Okada.
post #28 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 10:29 AM
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by vizsladog44
So why did Honda have nicky testing a new chasis,swing arm and exhaust this weekend?? I mean he only just won at assen and is points leader so lets stop all foward progress and let the midget do well for repsol who is spanish owned and wanted nothng to do with nicky this year.

Pedrosa gets to ride the same bike and improve on it and nicky is testing????

BS....Thats why honda has test riders like Itoh and Okada.
With Nicky 42 pts ahead, they probably felt this was the best time to do so - Honda is preparing for the future (800cc).

Or they probably arranged it so Dani can take the championship. <---just a conspiracy theory but you never know. They don't like us Americans....haha
post #29 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 11:12 AM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Or they probably arranged it so Dani can take the championship. <---just a conspiracy theory but you never know. They don't like us Americans....haha

i'll most likely get hated on for this, and all the nickey haters will say i'm making excuses for him (which i'm not, if he doesn't get it done, he doesn't get it done) but i do think that dani is favored over nickey going into the future. you know FIM wants 250 and 125 to be the preferred route to GP over superbike -- i think this is one of the reasons for the switch to 800cc...and i wouldn't be suprised if Honda feels that Dani will have the advantage once they move to 800s for the same reasons. it pretty clear that honda's eyes are on the future. give the rookie the standard bike, let him learn. give the more experienced rider the development bike, and learn from him.

they are in a pickle though because Nickey is in a position to win the champtionship. now, i know Honda wants this champtionship. having Rossi and yamaha on top is bitter. so over the second half of the season we'll really see Honda's plan. as i see it they have two options. 1.) they can play it safter with hayden, give him some more proven stuff and make the push for the title with the guy already on top of the standings, but maybe lose a small amount of 800cc R&D, or 2.) keep on keeping on with Hayden they way they are and let Dani do his thing, he's not too far behind and could be right in the fight at the end of the year.

it all depends on how confident Honda is in Dani. He's clearly honda's future in honda's eyes, but does honda think he's good enough to be the present? My guess is honda's going to keep on keepin' on the way they are because they don't want to lose the R&D that hayden is doing. plus this current plan has put 2 hondas in the top 3. not too bad of odds for them. the only problem is the other 1 out of that 3 is rossi and i think honda would be better served having a one on one with rossi with their rider having a greater margin then the one hayden has now in this 2 on 1 senerio.

man, i can't wait for the rest of the season. its going to get close.

GET YOUR TICKETS TO THE RED BULL INDIANAPOLIS GP!! go to www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com or call (800) 822-INDY
post #30 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 11:28 AM
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelfF2
i'll most likely get hated on for this, and all the nickey haters will say i'm making excuses for him (which i'm not, if he doesn't get it done, he doesn't get it done) but i do think that dani is favored over nickey going into the future. you know FIM wants 250 and 125 to be the preferred route to GP over superbike -- i think this is one of the reasons for the switch to 800cc...and i wouldn't be suprised if Honda feels that Dani will have the advantage once they move to 800s for the same reasons. it pretty clear that honda's eyes are on the future. give the rookie the standard bike, let him learn. give the more experienced rider the development bike, and learn from him.

they are in a pickle though because Nickey is in a position to win the champtionship. now, i know Honda wants this champtionship. having Rossi and yamaha on top is bitter. so over the second half of the season we'll really see Honda's plan. as i see it they have two options. 1.) they can play it safter with hayden, give him some more proven stuff and make the push for the title with the guy already on top of the standings, but maybe lose a small amount of 800cc R&D, or 2.) keep on keeping on with Hayden they way they are and let Dani do his thing, he's not too far behind and could be right in the fight at the end of the year.

it all depends on how confident Honda is in Dani. He's clearly honda's future in honda's eyes, but does honda think he's good enough to be the present? My guess is honda's going to keep on keepin' on the way they are because they don't want to lose the R&D that hayden is doing. plus this current plan has put 2 hondas in the top 3. not too bad of odds for them. the only problem is the other 1 out of that 3 is rossi and i think honda would be better served having a one on one with rossi with their rider having a greater margin then the one hayden has now in this 2 on 1 senerio.

man, i can't wait for the rest of the season. its going to get close.
I also believe after this season, Honda will give Stoner the factory support after showing he can run with the big boys but Yamaha will try to nab him.

Chris V. is struggling really bad. He can pole on the front row but he can't hang with the boys come race day. The same with John Hopkins.

Kenny R. Jr. is looking really good. I mean, we're talking about the KR211V here - far inferior to the RC211V and the other big 3. What's going on John? Come on! Telling you, Suzuki has no idea why they're even in MotoGP or let alone what they're doing in MotoGP.

Melandri, man that interview he gave was one of the honest interviews I've seen in awhile. He flatout just said he was disappointed. He tried to play it off but came back and said he was still disappointed.

Now for Colin Edwards - I just watched the Assen race yesterday and I'm telling you if Colin pushes himself like he did in the race, he can be a contender no doubt. Remember when Nicky passed him, Colin ran off track, and with Nicky having a huge gap lead they thought it was over? Then all of sudden you see Colin charge like a mofo and close that gap in a coupe turns then passing Nicky....now that was a pure display of determination and drive. Something Colin hasn't shown in a long time. He needs more of that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page