Better pic of Nicky's test bike from donington.. - 600RR.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-04-2006, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,242
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Better pic of Nicky's test bike from donington..

Exhaust on left instead of right. BOOOOOO to Hrc for making ride it instead of focusing on the bike he won on

vizsladog is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-04-2006, 10:11 AM
Moto GP Racer
 
OveRReV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Islas de Filipinas
Posts: 6,774
Images: 16
Thanks: 407
Thanked 396 Times in 337 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Robotface used the parts from the development RC211V to win Donington so Robotface will have to thank the Colonel for developing parts that really work, he'll be sure to take the points lead thanks to the Colonel (Hayden).

now HRC will throw more new stuff to test for the Colonel, he should be honored & priviledged to receive race parts fresh from the drawing board. :01_thumbu


2003 CBR 600RR JDM
HRC ECU AMA spec
HRC radiator
Electrex World race alternator
WP 4618 rear shock
WP 1508 steering damper
Ohlins 9.0N fork springs
Overrev tuned fork cartridges
Akrapovic Evo Carbon FS
Dynojet PCV WB2 POD300
BMC race air filter
AFAM 15/47 sprockets
DID VX2 520 gold chain
Brembo 19RCS MC
HEL brakelines
Euro Racing riser plates & lever
HM Plus quickshifter
EVR CTS slipper clutch
BST CF wheels
OveRReV is offline  
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-04-2006, 01:20 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hayden has been the tester morn than the racer since he joined HRC

Last edited by MILTOWN BIG OP; 07-05-2006 at 12:27 AM.
MILTOWN BIG OP is offline  
 
post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-04-2006, 01:50 PM
Nemesis
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I'm gonna hijack this thread since it's kinda dead up in 'ere!

What's up with those boots man?!!! And on top of that, he has "Kentucky Kid" bordered around the same colors. Or maybe all Kentucky Kids are bred and raised that way!

Oh, oh!....I'm gonna hear it now!:toothy12:
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-04-2006, 01:58 PM
crotch_rocket_pilot
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
I'm gonna hijack this thread since it's kinda dead up in 'ere!

What's up with those boots man?!!! And on top of that, he has "Kentucky Kid" bordered around the same colors. Or maybe all Kentucky Kids are bred and raised that way!

Oh, oh!....I'm gonna hear it now!:toothy12:

Good lord, so many things I can say. I shall keep my mouth shut.
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-04-2006, 04:50 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Mongoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: West Lafayette, IN
Posts: 967
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
DAMNIT HRC. JUST GIVE HIM THE PROVEN BIKE and let him win. You could tell he wasn't his normal self on that bike this weekend.
Mongoose is offline  
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 12:39 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,212
Images: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Someone has to be the development rider. Apparently Biaggi didn't like the job... ;)
SilverSurfer is offline  
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 12:47 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 134
Images: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I don't know? HRC Testing parts on a bike that is going to be obsolete next season, that makes no sense! We all know that Honda wants the championship more then anyting that's the whole reason for racing. Unless you think they want Dani to win and they are testing the parts for his benifit.
j.j.rod is offline  
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 12:58 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,212
Images: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.j.rod
I don't know? HRC Testing parts on a bike that is going to be obsolete next season, that makes no sense! We all know that Honda wants the championship more then anyting that's the whole reason for racing. Unless you think they want Dani to win and they are testing the parts for his benifit.
He's testing parts for the 800cc bike......
SilverSurfer is offline  
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 01:05 PM
MotoGP NEWS Guru
 
sooperman12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 5,051
Images: 107
Thanks: 6
Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I think HRC believes that Hayden can already fly fast with the factory 211. If you put Dani and Hayden on the same bike, I believe HRC believes Hayden would be faster. In that way, Hayden gets the Evo bike. I think this is the same reason Biaggi was the test rider. They knew last year that Biaggi was a better rider on the same bike compared to Hayden at the time. In the same way, Dani is doing the same thing Hayden was doing last season (when he finished 3rd overall); Hayden is doing now, what Biaggi was doing. Only difference, Hayden's getting on the podium with the test bike... a lot!

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)



"Itīs not easier to ride, but I donīt need something easier, I need something faster."
- Nicky Hayden #69

Next Track Days (NESBA): September 10 - Summit (Main)
sooperman12 is offline  
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 01:28 PM
Moto GP Racer
 
NewRedRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Montgomery, Al.
Posts: 11,433
Images: 24
Thanks: 47
Thanked 129 Times in 107 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
My theory is Honda and the MotoGP world in general doesn't want an american winning the championship. Let alone a good ole southern boy from Kentucky. We all know us southerners are ignorant inbreds, right? So they're intentionally trying to sabotage his chances of winning by putting Dani first. Why else would Honda sabotage a chance at a MotoGP championship?


NewRedRider is offline  
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 01:40 PM
MotoGP NEWS Guru
 
sooperman12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 5,051
Images: 107
Thanks: 6
Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Because, Dani is right there in second place. HRC is having their cake and eating it too. They can develop their bike through Hayden and still have a good shot at the WC through Dani. Unless Dani takes a dive in the next 8 days, we won't see Honda throwing any good stuff at Hayden. It'll still be a frankenstein bike. What pisses me off even more is that Dani is getting the parts that work after Hayden's tested them.

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)



"Itīs not easier to ride, but I donīt need something easier, I need something faster."
- Nicky Hayden #69

Next Track Days (NESBA): September 10 - Summit (Main)
sooperman12 is offline  
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 02:12 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 134
Images: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I don't know? Honda wants to beat Rossi at all cost! I think that Honda believes more in Dani then they do in Hayden. Dani showed right off the bat he can win races and also take command of the race once he gets to the front. As much as I would love to see Nicky take the whole championship and I hope he makes me eat my words but Dani is going to be fighting Rossi for the title this year! Just a Note Dani has made 41 points in the last two races.
j.j.rod is offline  
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 02:16 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,212
Images: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRedRider
My theory is Honda and the MotoGP world in general doesn't want an american winning the championship. Let alone a good ole southern boy from Kentucky. We all know us southerners are ignorant inbreds, right? So they're intentionally trying to sabotage his chances of winning by putting Dani first. Why else would Honda sabotage a chance at a MotoGP championship?
Nah I don't buy that. America is Honda's bread and butter. What better to drive sales than having an American winning on a Honda? The Japanese don't hate Americans...it's most of Europe that does.

Regardless, they want BOTH Nicky and Dani to win and well, right now they are getting it. Two straight wins for REPSOL HONDA and REPSOL 1 and 2 in the points standings (albeit Rossi is not far behind).

Like I said, SOMEONE has to be the test rider and it makes sense for Nicky to be the guy. He articulates what the bike is doing quite well -- regardless of his Southern drawl.

Also, Honda is using Nicky a LOT to sell the 1000RR in the US. More so than Zemke or Duhammel. That should tell you that they believe in Hayden. I don't think it's a consipiracy at all.

Again, SOMEONE has to ride the test bike -- and it isn't going to be a premier class rookie.....
SilverSurfer is offline  
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 02:29 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
hotrod7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Alabama
Posts: 596
Images: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRedRider
My theory is Honda and the MotoGP world in general doesn't want an american winning the championship. Let alone a good ole southern boy from Kentucky. We all know us southerners are ignorant inbreds, right? So they're intentionally trying to sabotage his chances of winning by putting Dani first. Why else would Honda sabotage a chance at a MotoGP championship?

Sheeeooooot!!! Ya'll shore did says a mouf-full right there brother!!!

:icon_spid
"With great power, comes great responsibility"
hotrod7 is offline  
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 03:48 PM
Moto GP Racer
 
NewRedRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Montgomery, Al.
Posts: 11,433
Images: 24
Thanks: 47
Thanked 129 Times in 107 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
Nah I don't buy that. America is Honda's bread and butter. What better to drive sales than having an American winning on a Honda? The Japanese don't hate Americans...it's most of Europe that does.

Regardless, they want BOTH Nicky and Dani to win and well, right now they are getting it. Two straight wins for REPSOL HONDA and REPSOL 1 and 2 in the points standings (albeit Rossi is not far behind).

Like I said, SOMEONE has to be the test rider and it makes sense for Nicky to be the guy. He articulates what the bike is doing quite well -- regardless of his Southern drawl.

Also, Honda is using Nicky a LOT to sell the 1000RR in the US. More so than Zemke or Duhammel. That should tell you that they believe in Hayden. I don't think it's a consipiracy at all.

Again, SOMEONE has to ride the test bike -- and it isn't going to be a premier class rookie.....
I don't think the Japanese hate America either but I do think they would bow to the pressure from the europeans. It just makes no sense why Honda keeps changing bikes on Hayden. They know it upsets his rythem and comfort level so why do it? Why not make Dani the test rider? He's the logical choice since Hayden is leading in points.

On a side note, don't let that southern "draw" fool you. Southerners use that ignorance against people who think they're stupid because of their draw. Especially devious southern women.


NewRedRider is offline  
post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 04:29 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,212
Images: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRedRider
I don't think the Japanese hate America either but I do think they would bow to the pressure from the europeans.
I don't think they are, but I think Honda wants a bigger share of the European market.

Quote:
It just makes no sense why Honda keeps changing bikes on Hayden.
He's a test rider testing new equipment. That's part of his job....

Quote:
They know it upsets his rythem and comfort level so why do it? Why not make Dani the test rider? He's the logical choice since Hayden is leading in points.
Nicky is on his 4th year of GP racing and has more experience on a GP bike. He's also very good at intepreting what the bike is doing and relaying that to the development team. Dani is still learning GP bikes and doesn't have the experience necessary to really relate the development team what the bike is doing. It also might be that Dani isn't as good at interpreting what the bike is doing.

The most "logical" choice is Nicky. He was chosen BEFORE the season started so points had nothing to do with it. I do believe that Honda should use whatever information it has now and develop the 800cc bike and give Nicky a more consistent setup. At least that way the chance of the factory Honda team coming in 1 and 2 in the standings would be greater.

Quote:
On a side note, don't let that southern "draw" fool you. Southerners use that ignorance against people who think they're stupid because of their draw. Especially devious southern women.
Being orginally from the South myself I already know this. I don't discriminate against anyone, especially people who talk like I used to :)
SilverSurfer is offline  
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 06:10 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,212
Images: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
I'm gonna hijack this thread since it's kinda dead up in 'ere!

What's up with those boots man?!!! And on top of that, he has "Kentucky Kid" bordered around the same colors. Or maybe all Kentucky Kids are bred and raised that way!

Oh, oh!....I'm gonna hear it now!:toothy12:
What's up with those boots?

Better question: "What's up with all the VD dancing gifs???"

Muahah ;)
SilverSurfer is offline  
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 08:10 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 591
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRedRider
I don't think the Japanese hate America either but I do think they would bow to the pressure from the europeans. It just makes no sense why Honda keeps changing bikes on Hayden. They know it upsets his rythem and comfort level so why do it? Why not make Dani the test rider? He's the logical choice since Hayden is leading in points.
People on several boards have been spouting conspiracy theories about HRC but the bottom line is that HRC is and always has been about winning through technical superiority. Maybe the other factory teams would be content to leave things as they are but HRC is ALWAYS trying to make things better. Sometimes they do things the hard way, sometimes they over do things but they'll never fail because they didn't try.

The funny thing is that if HRC didn't give Hayden new parts people would be saying, "Oh, Honda is sabotaging Nicky by not giving him parts." They give him the parts and people say, "Oh, they're sabotaging him by given him unproven stuff." HRC brought that package out because they thought it would work. Nicky and presumably his crew chief think that they need to get in a full test before they can take full advantage of the upgrades.

Make no mistake, Nicky is the number 1 rider and that's why he's developing the bike. Who knows, maybe he'd be doing better with the 05 bike but then HRC wouldn't be learning anything and moving forward. The lessons they learn with the 06 RCV can be applied in the all new 07 bike. People seem to think that Nicky is testing the actual parts that are going to be put on the 07 bike but its more that he's testing principles and ideas for the 07 bike. In the same way that the RR swingarms are not the actual swingarms from the RC211V/NSR500 but they're similar because they use the same ideas.

Ultimately, learning is one of the paramount goals of all of Honda's motorsports endeavors. Sometimes they lose because they try to push a bad idea but obviously they've won a lot more than they've lost in the last 50 years.
G.Irish is offline  
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 10:12 PM
MotoGP NEWS Guru
 
sooperman12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 5,051
Images: 107
Thanks: 6
Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I don't think anyone is spouting "conspiracy," as it is quite EVIDENT and completely FACTUAL that Nicky Hayden IS testing a bike that HRC didn't believe would be higher than sixth or seventh. Tadayuki Okada, who's working on the 800cc development program with Honda said, "I never expected Nicky to be in the top five with our bike today."

In that case, I don't think anyone would be saying, given that information, "Oh, Honda is sabotaging Nicky by not giving him parts." I think we'd be THANKING them for giving him the best chance of winning this year, allowing him to ride a bike he WANTS to ride. Biaggi was clearly upset over developing the bike last year; Nicky has been more diplomatic and has made every effort to not rankle HRC.

HRC did NOT bring out that package because they thought it would work, as evident by Okada's quote. Nicky and his crew are doing their best to give him the best setup on race day, but as evident at races like Donnington, they just couldn't get the bike to fly in the dry.

And while it's great that Honda's pursuit of technological superiority is great, I think the criticism is that it sucks that Hayden, who seems to be a great rider, with great talent, who's on the cusp of really coming into his own, not being in a veteran's shadow anymore and finally being HRC's #1 rider, that he can really do it this year.

And let me just add, it's a testament of how great a rider he is to be where he's at, not just #1 with HRC, but #1 in MotoGP right now, to take a hodge-podge bike and be where he is. He's definitely mentioned he's riding with a bit more of a chip on his shoulder, particularly because so many are expecting him not to reach the potential he was labeled with coming into GP.

With that said, Laguna is going to be awesome this year and I hope that HRC gives him every, EVERY, chance to repeat and retain his crown at Laguna!

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)



"Itīs not easier to ride, but I donīt need something easier, I need something faster."
- Nicky Hayden #69

Next Track Days (NESBA): September 10 - Summit (Main)
sooperman12 is offline  
post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 11:12 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Fooldog01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Gillsville, GA
Posts: 1,408
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRedRider
On a side note, don't let that southern "draw" fool you. Southerners use that ignorance against people who think they're stupid because of their draw. Especially devious southern women.
You know, that is the very thing that first drew me to him when I was trying to figure out who I wanted to root for. Being new to the MotoGP scene, it's nice to hear a "good ole' boy" (if you will) running with the top dog italians and spanish. It makes me feel good about living in the south... well I already love the south, so it makes me like it even better!

madbrown75 on adding Acetone to your gasoline:
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbrown75 View Post
"I'll try it and let you guys know. I am not scared."

07' 600RR Red/Black
Akrapovic Slipon ~ Motovation Axle & Fork Sliders ~ Shogun Frame Sliders ~ Puig Screen ~ OEM Cowl ~ Sylvania SS Bulbs ~ Modded Hotbodies Flushies ~ PC'ed Rearsets, Heatshield, Levers & Pass Pegs ~ LP Rear Blinkers ~ Painted Subframe ~
Fooldog01 is offline  
post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 11:29 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 591
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooperman12
I don't think anyone is spouting "conspiracy," as it is quite EVIDENT and completely FACTUAL that Nicky Hayden IS testing a bike that HRC didn't believe would be higher than sixth or seventh. Tadayuki Okada, who's working on the 800cc development program with Honda said, "I never expected Nicky to be in the top five with our bike today."
When you say stuff like Honda doesn't want an American to win that sounds an awful lot like a conspiracy.

The whole reason they went with the 06 bike is because they believed it ultimately had more potential than the 05 bike. And apparently they were able to convince Nicky of the same (but not Marco). HRC admitted early in the offseason that the bike was not as fast as the 05 out of the box. But looking at it from Nicky's perspective, if he was able to develop the bike to a potential greater than the other RCV's then the advantage would be his and his alone.

Honda and later HRC has won many more races and championships than any of the other manufacturers doing things the way they do. From the very beginning when they first raced at Isle of Man Soichiro Honda himself realized that Honda had to do things their own way if they were going to win and grow as a company. This is why Honda has led the motorcycling industry since then as the number 1 innovator.

So yes on the surface it might suck for Nicky that he's developing a bike maybe when other manufacturers would have just given him what has worked in the past. But that's not the Honda way and that's not what brought them 600 GP wins and all of the various championships in almost every major motorsport category in the world. Honda wouldn't be where they are if they made a habit of playing it safe. Take it or leave it.

One could feel sorry for Nicky but Rossi, Doohan, Lawson, Gardner, Spencer, Hailwood, and plenty of others dealt with it and won championships hand in hand with Honda. Some of them complained, one of them flat out left Honda (Lawson) but in the end their names are in the history books. I don't know if Nicky will be a multi-time winner but I certainly believe he can do it this year.

Last edited by G.Irish; 07-18-2006 at 11:48 PM.
G.Irish is offline  
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 09:20 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,242
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Repsol BOUGHT Pedrosa from Movistar and they pay honda BIG Bucks to have repsol on the side of the bike. Spain is MAD about bikes and spanish riders.

I really do think they want Dani to win instead of Nicky...
vizsladog is offline  
post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 11:14 AM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 591
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by vizsladog44
Repsol BOUGHT Pedrosa from Movistar and they pay honda BIG Bucks to have repsol on the side of the bike. Spain is MAD about bikes and spanish riders.

I really do think they want Dani to win instead of Nicky...
Dani is on the factory team because he is the best prospect coming out of 250GP since Rossi and for no other reason. If Honda were hell bent on having a Spaniard on their bike then Nicky never would have ended up on the team in the first place. Sete, Elias, Checa, and/or Xaus would have been on the team if Repsol had that kind of influence.

Honda has already shown that they are more than willing to give any sponsor the boot when a sponsor's desires conflict with who Honda wants on the bike. Both Telefonica and Camel both got shown the door.

Why? Because the amount of money that Honda spends on Moto GP dwarfs the amount of money Repsol provides in sponsorship. There is no way HRC is going to sabotage anyone on the factory team just to satisfy a sponsor.
G.Irish is offline  
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 01:45 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,212
Images: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooperman12
I don't think anyone is spouting "conspiracy," as it is quite EVIDENT and completely FACTUAL that Nicky Hayden IS testing a bike that HRC didn't believe would be higher than sixth or seventh. Tadayuki Okada, who's working on the 800cc development program with Honda said, "I never expected Nicky to be in the top five with our bike today."

In that case, I don't think anyone would be saying, given that information, "Oh, Honda is sabotaging Nicky by not giving him parts." I think we'd be THANKING them for giving him the best chance of winning this year, allowing him to ride a bike he WANTS to ride. Biaggi was clearly upset over developing the bike last year; Nicky has been more diplomatic and has made every effort to not rankle HRC.

HRC did NOT bring out that package because they thought it would work, as evident by Okada's quote. Nicky and his crew are doing their best to give him the best setup on race day, but as evident at races like Donnington, they just couldn't get the bike to fly in the dry.

And while it's great that Honda's pursuit of technological superiority is great, I think the criticism is that it sucks that Hayden, who seems to be a great rider, with great talent, who's on the cusp of really coming into his own, not being in a veteran's shadow anymore and finally being HRC's #1 rider, that he can really do it this year.

And let me just add, it's a testament of how great a rider he is to be where he's at, not just #1 with HRC, but #1 in MotoGP right now, to take a hodge-podge bike and be where he is. He's definitely mentioned he's riding with a bit more of a chip on his shoulder, particularly because so many are expecting him not to reach the potential he was labeled with coming into GP.

With that said, Laguna is going to be awesome this year and I hope that HRC gives him every, EVERY, chance to repeat and retain his crown at Laguna!
Excellent opinion, Bernard. I agree with you on all facets.

You know there were people saying Nicky doesn't have that killer instinct. He's shown it a LOT this year. He darn sure didn't give up at Mugello, in Germany or at Assen. He pushed the bike he was given as hard as he could without crashing. We can talk about consistent set ups all we want, but if any of you can go out and cut the fastest laps every race while someone is constantly changing your bike, you're full of it. :)

It was clearly evident in the onboard video that Rossi's M1 was flat out pulling away from everyone, including Melandri. We all know that Mini-me doesn't have that problem in the straights. So Nicky's already dealing with a bike that isn't on par with Rossi's bike (who BTW I believe is still using the 05 chassis) and with Mini-me's 8-9 hp advantage (due to weight).
SilverSurfer is offline  
post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 02:12 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 591
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
It was clearly evident in the onboard video that Rossi's M1 was flat out pulling away from everyone, including Melandri. We all know that Mini-me doesn't have that problem in the straights. So Nicky's already dealing with a bike that isn't on par with Rossi's bike (who BTW I believe is still using the 05 chassis) and with Mini-me's 8-9 hp advantage (due to weight).
Nicky is doing an excellent job but I don't believe for one minute that Rossi's bike is significantly superior. If it was, you wouldn't see Valentino struggling with qualifying and Colin ending up way out in the woods on several occasions. Not to mention the fact that none of the privateer Yamahas have ever done much of anything. Truth is Rossi won because of his talent. Give credit where credit is due.
G.Irish is offline  
post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 03:04 PM
World Superbike Racer
 
BDiddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: NYC/CT
Posts: 2,066
Images: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Irish
Not to mention the fact that none of the privateer Yamahas have ever done much of anything.
You mean the Dunlop shod Yamahas?

"Oh and if you dare say that I dont know whats it like get a freakin clue! I date models and strippers. So dont tell me that I dont know whats its like!" - BDiddy
BDiddy is offline  
post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 03:56 PM
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
 
Visitor Q's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 7,847
Images: 158
Thanks: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I can't wait to see the pictures of him crashing out this weekend.

Jason

“Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

Visitor Q is offline  
post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 06:23 PM
Moto GP Racer
 
NewRedRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Montgomery, Al.
Posts: 11,433
Images: 24
Thanks: 47
Thanked 129 Times in 107 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Irish
Dani is on the factory team because he is the best prospect coming out of 250GP since Rossi and for no other reason.
All the more reason why they think Nicky is a redneck has been and Dani is the guy to promote. They have who they have and right now it looks like they like Dani.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Irish
Honda has already shown that they are more than willing to give any sponsor the boot when a sponsor's desires conflict with who Honda wants on the bike.
Apparently Repsol and Honda are seeing eye to eye.


NewRedRider is offline  
post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 07:34 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 591
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDiddy
You mean the Dunlop shod Yamahas?
Even when they were on Michelins the privateer M1's haven't done much. Granted, they haven't had the best riders but look at Melandri. In 2004 he was on a Michelin M1 and the best he could do was 2 3rd places and finished 12th in the championship. His teammate was 13th, although to be fair, Norick Abe is not exactly world championship material. Marco gets on a Honda and gets 2 race wins and finishes 2nd in the championship.

Point is, no one has been able to do much with the M1 other than the factory team and the only people who've been able to win with the factory M1 were Valentino Rossi and Max Biaggi. Colin came close on 2 occasions but for the most part he hasn't been very competitive with it. So at this point it'd be a major stretch to say the M1 is definitively better than either the 05 or 06 RCV. Close enough maybe, but without Rossi it wouldn't have a chance.
G.Irish is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome