Winner of MotoGP Laguna Seca is the man!!! (SPOILER!!!!) - 600RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 137 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 01:55 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Winner of MotoGP Laguna Seca is the man!!! (SPOILER!!!!)

Thats all i had to say, amazing race, hayden n pedrosa are unstoppable...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 137 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 02:10 AM
Nemesis

Changed your title.

Hey, don't spoil it for others who haven't watched the race yet!!!

Last edited by Nemesis; 07-24-2006 at 02:53 AM.
post #3 of 137 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 02:14 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

too bad for rossi,maybe he should switch back to hondas and dump the yamaha.

post #4 of 137 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 02:28 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If rossi really wants to prove himself... Lets see him win on the suzuki! It just isn't his time anymore. Its time for a new king. An american one! Go Nicky!!!

06 R6 Raven
(street bike)
05 600rr
(racing: full akrapovic titanium, PCIII USB, vortex clipons/rear sets, ebc pads, galfer braided lines, 520 kit, bmc air filters, puig double bubble, scotts damper, yoyodine slipper clutch, forks resprung, shock rebuild)
03 dodge ram

"Ride anywhere and everywhere."
post #5 of 137 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 02:29 AM Thread Starter

sorry i figured everyone knew...o well..
post #6 of 137 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 02:38 AM
C.A.H.N founder / President

What a race. I was nervous the whole race. When Stoner went down I scared the crap out of my dog. When Pedrosa almost went off in the corkscrew I got scared and when in the final laps I was nervous for Nicky hoping nothing went wrong. I just got done watching it for the 2nd time today. It was great.
post #7 of 137 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 02:56 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDROWN
It just isn't his time anymore. Its time for a new king. An american one! Go Nicky!!!
Are you CRAZY? The only reason Hayden is leading and Rossi is so far behind is purely because of bad luck on Camel Yamaha's part.

Laguna Seca is the only race where Hayden has beaten Rossi. Every other time both riders have finished Rossi has finished 1st or at least ahead of Hayden.

All the other times Hayden finished ahead of Rossi is when his bike died or he had a broken wrist.

Comments like the one you just made just goes to show how delusional Hayden fans can get. They completely ignore reality.

Hayden has had 4 years on the Repsol bike. It's about time he does well. I bet Hopkins would've done much better if had 4 years on that bikie.
post #8 of 137 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cizzle600rr
sorry i figured everyone knew...o well..
No, some of us have weekend jobs. but its ok the title was changed by the time i read it.

And its not a matter of it being Rossi's time..........thats stupid. Racers like Rossi dont have their "time" Rossi is a winner by skill, not by it being his "turn to win" he just has a crappy tech team that f's up his bikes and he doesnt deserve it. He came up from 10th to 4th and at one point of that climb to the front he gained three positions in one lap. Im not saying Nicky didnt deserve that win. Im just saying Rossi could have his 8th championship if Yamaha knew how to fix their **** and take care of their racers. I bet he is tired of their ****. But next year he gets to ride a brand new never before ridden 800cc. I am very excited to see how thats going to be! 20,000 rpms baby!

Last edited by GA_RR; 07-24-2006 at 09:26 AM.
post #9 of 137 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 04:23 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal600RR
He came up from 10th to 4th and at one point of that climb to the front he gained three positions in one lap.
Hayden came from 6th, jumped 3 positions on the first lap. Just saying.

Anywho, racing isnt about just the rider. Its about the whole team. Thats why its called a race team. Sure, Rossi may be a better rider, but the Honda bikes looked damn good yesterday, and they dont crap out like Rossi's Yamaha.

I personally think Hayden is a great rider, and great at giving good feedback to the tech for development. They all thought his bike was kinda crappy at the beginning of the season, but now its rock solid.

Maybe if Rossi gave some constructive feedback, rather than complain about the traction control and asking the bike to do things its not capable of doing, he'd have a machine that would run as well as the Hondas. Its the riders job to give feedback, and to learn to ride the machine to its limits, not past them, in order to win.

Disclaimer: I do think Rossi is still a better pure rider, just doesnt seem to be to into his team this year, probably because both sides are at fault.

"Once you take a couple of punches and realize that you are not made of glass...the rest is easy." - Matt from Green Street Hooligans.

2005 CBR 600RR Silver
Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator
Greggs Flushmounts
Scorpion Exhaust
post #10 of 137 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 04:35 AM
Super Mod Wanna-be

I was scared that Pedrosa was going to take Nicky. Yah Nicky is cool an all but we all know Pedrosa will be the next Rossi. I mean come on he places second on his first MotoGP race, and he's only 20!!! My age!!

New England AWD - www.neawd.com~
post #11 of 137 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 06:12 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aren
Are you CRAZY? The only reason Hayden is leading and Rossi is so far behind is purely because of bad luck on Camel Yamaha's part.

Laguna Seca is the only race where Hayden has beaten Rossi. Every other time both riders have finished Rossi has finished 1st or at least ahead of Hayden.

All the other times Hayden finished ahead of Rossi is when his bike died or he had a broken wrist.

Comments like the one you just made just goes to show how delusional Hayden fans can get. They completely ignore reality.

Hayden has had 4 years on the Repsol bike. It's about time he does well. I bet Hopkins would've done much better if had 4 years on that bikie.
You rossi fans just can't take it that your boy is having problems this year. Whether its the bike or not. He chose the Yamaha, now its catching up with him. I am not saying he's not the best, but just like the Niners, every dynasty must go at sometime. And as far as having a crappy tech team, he took most of the guys with him from Honda when he went to Yamaha.

06 R6 Raven
(street bike)
05 600rr
(racing: full akrapovic titanium, PCIII USB, vortex clipons/rear sets, ebc pads, galfer braided lines, 520 kit, bmc air filters, puig double bubble, scotts damper, yoyodine slipper clutch, forks resprung, shock rebuild)
03 dodge ram

"Ride anywhere and everywhere."

Last edited by LDROWN; 07-24-2006 at 06:19 AM.
post #12 of 137 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 07:17 AM

^^^
Sorry,

Rossi Is injured, and still got back on the track. He passes people the race after his injury. I have no ideas how you can think his time is over. yeah maybe he might not win the championship this year, but you can bet your ass HE WILL WIN NEXT YEAR. No ifs ands or buts. I didnt like Rossi after his going to Yamaha, but when he broke his wrist (or whatever the injury was) and went back out to the track for more practice, he has once again become my favorite. His drive and passion to win is the reason he wins. And i cannot believe you think he should go to suzuki to prove himself. Rossi needs to prove himself????? switched to Yamaha, and that same year he won the championship.

Sorry, Nicky is good, but this year has been filled with injury for riders. thats NOT his fault, but I think we should see who wins next year.
post #13 of 137 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 08:14 AM
MotoGP NEWS Guru

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by aren

Wah, wah, wah... Then we can say, the only other times that Hayden didn't finish on the podium was when he had a bad case of the flu, and when his bike wasn't 100% setup/fastest and crappy (Donnington).

I ask you what happened at Turkey when Rossi came in 4th, where Hayden beat him by a second? And in China, when it wasn't a bike problem, but a tire problem?

You see, the thing is, all the stuff that happens isn't bad luck, it's racing. If you read/listened to the interviews this week, Rossi even said they were having problems all week with the setup of the bike and had similar problems during the practices. And he thought in warm up the bike would hold up eventhough there was much doubt. So, these things... it's racing. It happens...

And it sucks.

What upsets me is that when Rossi's bike sucks or goes down, it's always his bike to blame. But when Hayden's bike's set up sucks and he can't fly fastest, somehow it's HIS fault. What I'm saying is, stop whining for Rossi. It's racing, bikes crap out sometimes. And in a worse way if you're not a Honda.

I guess Rossi didn't talk to his bike enough. Maybe he should start massaging it on the grid during his pre-race loving routine on his bike.

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)

"Itīs not easier to ride, but I donīt need something easier, I need something faster."
- Nicky Hayden #69

Next Track Days (NESBA): September 10 - Summit (Main)

Last edited by sooperman12; 07-24-2006 at 08:16 AM.
post #14 of 137 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 08:18 AM
MotoGP NEWS Guru

Oh and btw, I don't hate Rossi. I love Rossi. I study the guy. There's something about his riding technique that's unlike the other riders. I feel fortunate to be alive during his reign in MotoGP. He's very highly regarded by me, because he didn't jump into GP on an advanced bike, like Stoner, Pedrosa or even Hayden, per se. He came in on the 500s. That's impressive!

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)

"Itīs not easier to ride, but I donīt need something easier, I need something faster."
- Nicky Hayden #69

post #15 of 137 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 08:21 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Hayden, Rossi.....Rossi, Hayden. We all know Rossi is better period. Hayden is an awesome rider but Rossi has just been struck with bad luck because Burgess is stretching the M1 to the max trying to get every bit of power from it. Hands down if Rossi didnt have and DNF's it would be his title again. Don't get me wrong, i like Hayden a lot, but he is never going to be on Rossi's level. The title is in Haydens hands right now and the only way that it could slip to Rossi is if Rossi wins the next three and Hayden either crashes out or has mech failure. If Hayden wins i think we'll see Rossi back for one more. After he wins the first 800cc season, then he'll go to F1.

-bikeless
post #16 of 137 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 08:23 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooperman12
Oh and btw, I don't hate Rossi. I love Rossi. I study the guy. There's something about his riding technique that's unlike the other riders. I feel fortunate to be alive during his reign in MotoGP. He's very highly regarded by me, because he didn't jump into GP on an advanced bike, like Stoner, Pedrosa or even Hayden, per se. He came in on the 500s. That's impressive!
The 500's were the hardest bike to ride period man. I think you mean he came up through the ranks, 125cc, 250, 500.

-bikeless
post #17 of 137 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 08:26 AM
MotoGP NEWS Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal600RR
Racers like Rossi dont have their "time" Rossi is a winner by skill, not by it being his "turn to win" he just has a (crappy) tech team that (screws) up his bikes and he doesnt deserve it.
Uhm, I think Rossi's tech crew was the same one he had with Honda, for the most part; you know, minus the obvious Honda people swapped for Yami people. But the techs are the same.

Here's an article clip from Cycle News:

Rossi will be bringing most of the same technical team he's had at Honda. The crew is headed by Australian Jerry Burgess, a nine-time premier class crew chief, who probably would have stayed at Honda if he'd had the chance to work with Nicky Hayden. But that would mean taking Hayden away from current crew chief Trevor Morris, a move that would certainly have caused dissension in the garage.

So, uhm, yeah...

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)

- Nicky Hayden #69

post #18 of 137 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 08:29 AM
MotoGP NEWS Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsotericRR
The 500's were the hardest bike to ride period man. I think you mean he came up through the ranks, 125cc, 250, 500.
Yeah, yeah. That's what I mean. Sorry. He came up through the ranks, but he also rode the 500s, which Pedrosa, Stoner, Vermeulen and such, didn't have to. You don't see the same kind of high-sides from two-strokers on today's four-stroke. I mean, you have be doing something TOTALLY wrong to high-side today's GP bikes with all their electronic gadgetry.

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)

- Nicky Hayden #69

post #19 of 137 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 09:43 AM
Knee Dragger

I only been riding a few months and watching racing the same, but as far as i can see Rossi, Hayden, and Pedrosa are 3 of the best riders out there doing what they do best. I love to watch all 3, but Nicky is the man 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place. you know what would be sweet, if repsol became a 3 man squad including Rossi. Repsol would reign forever! HAIL!! REPSOL HONDAS!!
post #20 of 137 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Wah, wah, wah... Then we can say, the only other times that Hayden didn't finish on the podium was when he had a bad case of the flu, and when his bike wasn't 100% setup/fastest and crappy (Donnington).
LOL

that must Flu must have been really bad. since he's had it for the past 4 years with exception to Laguna last year.

nice try
post #21 of 137 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 10:26 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Yeah, yeah. That's what I mean. Sorry. He came up through the ranks, but he also rode the 500s, which Pedrosa, Stoner, Vermeulen and such, didn't have to. You don't see the same kind of high-sides from two-strokers on today's four-stroke. I mean, you have be doing something TOTALLY wrong to high-side today's GP bikes with all their electronic gadgetry.

True. We may see that kind of twitchy ness again though when the 800cc class comes into play. Those bikes will have a much narrower powerband than the 990cc bikes do, much like the violent 500cc's did.

-bikeless
post #22 of 137 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 10:26 AM

maybe Nicky had the Avian flu before anyone in the world
post #23 of 137 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 10:50 AM
MotoGP NEWS Guru

Hassan, you're a numb nut. So, I guess Colin Edwards didn't have the flu yesterday either, but really is a sucky rider so that's why he came in 9th? You are so full of it.

The point I'm making is that: Don't make excuses for Rossi. He ain't making any excuses for himself. And at LeMans and Donnington, neither did Hayden. Mishaps, bad setups are all a part of racing.

It sucks, yeah, but applaude them for what they could do. Rossi had a brilliant ride yesterday, up until his bike crapped out on him. But because his bike crapped out on him doesn't take away from what he did. Neither does a questionable bike under Hayden. He's leading the WC points. So, don't take anything away from him.

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)

- Nicky Hayden #69

post #24 of 137 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 10:50 AM
Moto GP Racer

hum...i guess i'm stuck in the middle on this topic being that rossi and hayden are my two favorite riders and i'm big fans of both. i've been a fan of rossi since i started watching gp's...when he was on the 500...i just dug the dude with the sun that looked like my tatoo on this helmet and rode around after wins with rubber chickens hanging from his bike. lol! and i've been a fan of hayden since he came into gp. i mean, come on...this guy is american, he's down to earth, he works hard, hes on a honda, and he's the guy who won an ama champtionship for honda (f suzuki) why would any american on a honda not like this guy?

so here's the deal from a guy who is some what unbiased. (at least as much as possible): Rossi is the best. maybe the best ever. he can do things on a bike that other humans simply cant. he's fast, but he's also smart. one of the things that makes a rider fast is his abilty to comunicate with his crew and develope and set up the bike. Rossi is awesome at this. just putting rossi on the yamaha made the yamaha better and his champtionship in his first year on that bike speaks for itself.

meanwhile hayden has really grown into his role as the top factory honda rider and he deserves the honor. regardless of where rossi is on the track hayden is a top 3-4 rider and has to considered for the win in every race. against the best riders in the world this should not be minimized. his consistencey is aparent to all, and given his challenges this year with a bike that his own engineers called a 7th place bike (i know you guys are sick of hearing that, but its true.) one must give credit where credit is due. would he still be leading the champtionship if rossi didn't have the dnf's and injuries? most likely not...but he would be 2nd or 3rd and would still have a shot at it...that's not too shabby! so, hayden has benifited from rossi's troubles, but guess what, that's racing and it shouldn't be used to take anything away from hayden.

did anyone hear hayden's interview after the race? he said he didn't know if he had what it took to win that race, he said he was nervious as hell before the race, and was really feeling the presure. and he won. that's the mark of a champion. i think he will take the title this year, and i'll be happy to see it. he's a good kid, a talented rider, and he deserves it.

GET YOUR TICKETS TO THE RED BULL INDIANAPOLIS GP!! go to www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com or call (800) 822-INDY
post #25 of 137 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 10:57 AM
MotoGP NEWS Guru

Thanks, Craig. That was a great write up. Way to sum it up.

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)

- Nicky Hayden #69

post #26 of 137 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Hassan, you're a numb nut. So, I guess Colin Edwards didn't have the flu yesterday either, but really is a sucky rider so that's why he came in 9th? You are so full of it.

The point I'm making is that: Don't make excuses for Rossi. He ain't making any excuses for himself. And at LeMans and Donnington, neither did Hayden. Mishaps, bad setups are all a part of racing.

It sucks, yeah, but applaude them for what they could do. Rossi had a brilliant ride yesterday, up until his bike crapped out on him. But because his bike crapped out on him doesn't take away from what he did. Neither does a questionable bike under Hayden. He's leading the WC points. So, don't take anything away from him.
Damn Bro, Chill out

Your arguing like this is the end of the world, no need for personal attacks. Now, It was your statment that was funny to say the least. I like Hayden, BUT your words or whoever said this earlier (dont feel like going back) Rossi's Time is done. IS VERY LAUGHABLE

sure hes riding with an injury, but that doesnt mean anything, so is Capirossi, and so is Melandri, and Sete. but that has not out come on the race track right? But no I wasnt using that as an excuse. YOU (or whoever)stated because Rossi could not beat Hayden the last couple of times, HIS time is done? If thats not a hasty generalization I dont know what is.

Also there have been many races when Colin Edwards has come in those lower places, and NOT had the flu.. now that doesnt mean hes a "sucky rider' it just means he wasnt as good as the people in front of him.

but im not telling you something you already dont know

seriously though... chill out
post #27 of 137 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 11:37 AM
MotoGP NEWS Guru

I apologize if I sounded angered. I totally am not. I'm chill, having a very invested discussion on the board. I'm not angrily pounding on the keys of my keyboard hammering out the next post. Trust me, motorcycle racing isn't the end of the world and my passion, while very high for motorcycle racing, doesn't even compare to my devotion to my Lord, Jesus Christ. So, trust me, I ain't having fits over Rossi vs. Hayden.

It's just that even jokes like Hayden having "avian flu" minimalizes what he's been able to do all year. I guess for the 100s of people worshiping the toilet Rossi pees in, there needs someone who can appreciate the efforts of someone, while probably not as great as Rossi, is still tearing it up in GP. Am I right?

If you're going to make fun of someone, make fun of Biaggi. Hayden's a good kid and is a good talent. Note that right before Yami was going to sign Rossi, they "thought" they signed Hayden. So, all I'm saying is give credit where credit is due. And for Hayden, this year, it's due.

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)

- Nicky Hayden #69

Last edited by sooperman12; 07-24-2006 at 11:39 AM.
post #28 of 137 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 12:34 PM

I think it's ridiculous to say that you agree that Rossi is the best, but on the other hand Hayden deserves it, or it's his time, or he's due to win a championship. Look this is a championship to determine the best rider, it's not a lottery. People shouldn't take turns winning it, only the best should win it.
post #29 of 137 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 12:54 PM
MotoGP NEWS Guru

I hope you're not talking about me, because I never said Rossi was the best. I said he's a great rider, probably one of the greats of all time. But I did say that CREDIT was due to Hayden for what he's doing this year, only missing the podium twice, even dating back to a handful of podiums in the '05 campaign.

This championship IS to determine the best rider. The question is, "How many Rossi worshipers are going to give Hayden props for winning this year's championship if he does?" No doubt that people who support Hayden will acknowledge Rossi if he wins, but the same isn't true of the contrary.

I think people would be more apt to applaude the likes of Melandri, Pedrosa or if were even possible, Edwards. There's just something about Hayden that people just don't like and that's SO puzzling to me.

There's still six races left and anything can happen. And just so you know, just because someone is the "best" doesn't mean that they don't make mistakes. The "best' doesn't mean you're perfect and the "best" doesn't always mean you'll walk away with the hardware at the end of every contest. That's why there such things as what they call, "Upsets."

Case in point: The Dallas Mavericks were CLEARLY the better team vs. the Miami Heat. Even the Miami fans acknowledge the inferiority of their team. But, in the end, they gutted it out. Didn't mean they were the better team, they just were able to upset the better team. But don't the Heat deserve credit? Absolutely.

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)

- Nicky Hayden #69

Last edited by sooperman12; 07-24-2006 at 12:57 PM.
post #30 of 137 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 01:07 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
I think it's ridiculous to say that you agree that Rossi is the best, but on the other hand Hayden deserves it, or it's his time, or he's due to win a championship. Look this is a championship to determine the best rider, it's not a lottery. People shouldn't take turns winning it, only the best should win it.

you're right, only the best should win....the best for that year...the best TEAM. if hayden finishes ahead of rossi that he out performed him that year and deserves the title erregardless of who is the outright fastest or most talented. deserving isn't about taking turns or hitting a lottery its about performing well enough to score the points to win. racing isn't figure skating or american idol. if you win you win. so, i don't see the problem with what i said.

GET YOUR TICKETS TO THE RED BULL INDIANAPOLIS GP!! go to www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com or call (800) 822-INDY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page