My Experience and rants for USGP MOTO GP - 600RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My Experience and rants for USGP MOTO GP

It was a great experience! first time i have ever gone to any Motorcycle Racing event... and am i glad i did... I will for sure go back next year!! We camped out around the Big Sur area which is about a 50 mile trip to the track through Hwy 1 through the canyons... it was a nice ride everyday... good way to get some riding in every day and the place was only 50 bucks a night... so not too bad at all.... we took a trailer for the bikes from Los Angeles area and rode the bikes the whole weekend...I think they did a great job even tho i wasnt there last year... but just from what i hear.... the main things i thought were really messed up were... we had my buddy in a R6 go down that was the only down fall… but he is ok and the bike just has some cosmetic damage…. And these are some rants about the place…

1. The Redbull bridge leading to Wolf Hill after the MotoGP race! that line was so rediculously long .... thankfully i watched the race from the main grandstand and i was walking the opposite way to the preferred motorcylce parking...

2. Heat and Water situation.... IT WAS HOT . . everyone knows that by now... but $4 bucks for water wasnt cutting it... luckily i had taken some with me in my backpack... but it was so hot but i wasnt forking up 4 bucks for the water..... then none of the water fountains were working... luckily some vendors and such felt our pain... i know the SPEED tent had a water dispenser in there... and a few other places were giving away water.... more fountains should be put in if you are going to charge so much for water in such a hot day ... plain and simple!... i paid 20 bucks for a bucket cap at the main suvinior store..and bought a 10 dollar pair of sunglasses at the AMA vendor... to help keep me under shade all weekend...

3. Luckily as stated earlier we took a trailer and rode our bikes to the track.... because the lines for the shuttles after sundays motogp race were out of control!.... the buses also tore up the rode but it wasnt a problem at all seeing as we had the bikes and they were kind enough to mark all of them with orange paint and cones...

4. **** THE POLICE! . . . one of the most ghetto **** i have ever seen... there was easily between 25 - 50 Motocycle PIGS on HWY 1 as soon as you jumped on. . .ALL OVER. . with radar guns all over the overpasses and just pulling people over... i seen about 20 people pulled over.... within a 2 - 3 mile stretch!

now after the ranting is over with i would like to counter with some positives!....

1. Experience of a lifetime.... just getting there and hearing those MOTO GP bikes for the first time is like WOW! .... great atmostphere ... lots of vendors... lots of great stuff.... some giveaways... and the corkscrew!

2. Cannery Row!. . this is like the bike night of all bike nights... atleast that i have experienced and we have quite a few out here in the LA area including a pretty big one at Frisco's in the City of Industry... .but this **** just blew everything out of the water!!! .. .. sooooooooo many bikes and streets closed off to bikes only on saturday night.... was like a big street festivle with girls in skanky clothes ... which i loved . . lol . . and just bikes, beer, drinks, food, and girls... under a cool sea breeze and night.... was awsome..

3. I acctually got into the Main Grand Stand (Start/Finish Line)... without a ticket... me and my buddy just walked right in and we got kicked out of the Laguna club... because we didnt have tickets... but it was right at the grandstand so we went to sit down... and we never left.... we had the experience of a lifetime... seeing Nicky coming down the final stretch ... and then come back with the American Flag... just great memories.....

all in all it was all worth it!... and i will be back next year!.... see you guys there...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 03:14 AM

COPS! I was going to start a thread and ask who all here got nailed. I swear the HiPo's 1)were all rookies 2)All hated us.

I sat at the M/C only entrance on reservation road waiting on the truck to catch up on Thursday night, then we were going to go in and set up camp (another rant). Well, as soon as we got within a mile of the main entrance I saw the swarm and just knew it was comming. Yup...cherries. So me and my buddy on his ZX-10 pulled over and so did the girls in the truck.

Tickets? Not carrying insurance WITH the bike. I had my wallet in the truck, showed it to him, said "it doesn't matter, needs to be with you". Ok, didn't argue...next? Headlight out. Even tried to explain to him that's the way it comes. I flicked the bright on and off and said that won't fly. Getting bent now right? Still no aguing. Next? License plate is mounted wrong. It's under my battery box. Ok, I moved it there but all I've ever read is that it has to be clearly visable. I can read it from 50yds. Next? Intigrated tail signals. "Has to be 6" apart". Whatever. I was steaming here knowing they're just running me to the gills. Musta been their first catch or something. Anyway, I took two strips of 3" duct-tape and covered the middle. "There...6" apart".

So, I'm bringing a trailer next year I guess. No need for running us for a loop like that. It was all fix it tickets so it could have been worse...but they threated to tow my bike, perhaps just for laughs I guess. Anyway, sent off my insurance to the court and found a motorcycle cop here in town to sign it all off. He didn't think my tape was cute and kindly told me to take it off as "it isn't necessary to be seperate, just over 6" total...intent of the law is to clearly define a signals direction".

Camping was great, but finding it was a nightmare. I stayed at Archery for the first time and NO ONE knew where it was. It took another 2 hours from the front gate to even get close. Every worker there directed me to BFE...none were even close and it's not on the map they sent in the mail; just some arrow pointing away. I'm going to the same spot next year, and at least I'll know where it is this time.

Oh, and if you guys go down to archery...watch the curve at the end of the loop! Everyone had trouble going down it with the loose asphault. Don't use brakes, just slow down and coast down smoothly. I'll make a sign next year I guess...but that's where chumly's staying from here on more than likely. If you go down, it's more than likely me helping you back up :p
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 06:02 PM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chumly409
COPS! I was going to start a thread and ask who all here got nailed. I swear the HiPo's 1)were all rookies 2)All hated us.

I sat at the M/C only entrance on reservation road waiting on the truck to catch up on Thursday night, then we were going to go in and set up camp (another rant). Well, as soon as we got within a mile of the main entrance I saw the swarm and just knew it was comming. Yup...cherries. So me and my buddy on his ZX-10 pulled over and so did the girls in the truck.

Tickets? Not carrying insurance WITH the bike. I had my wallet in the truck, showed it to him, said "it doesn't matter, needs to be with you". Ok, didn't argue...next? Headlight out. Even tried to explain to him that's the way it comes. I flicked the bright on and off and said that won't fly. Getting bent now right? Still no aguing. Next? License plate is mounted wrong. It's under my battery box. Ok, I moved it there but all I've ever read is that it has to be clearly visable. I can read it from 50yds. Next? Intigrated tail signals. "Has to be 6" apart". Whatever. I was steaming here knowing they're just running me to the gills. Musta been their first catch or something. Anyway, I took two strips of 3" duct-tape and covered the middle. "There...6" apart".

So, I'm bringing a trailer next year I guess. No need for running us for a loop like that. It was all fix it tickets so it could have been worse...but they threated to tow my bike, perhaps just for laughs I guess. Anyway, sent off my insurance to the court and found a motorcycle cop here in town to sign it all off. He didn't think my tape was cute and kindly told me to take it off as "it isn't necessary to be seperate, just over 6" total...intent of the law is to clearly define a signals direction".

Camping was great, but finding it was a nightmare. I stayed at Archery for the first time and NO ONE knew where it was. It took another 2 hours from the front gate to even get close. Every worker there directed me to BFE...none were even close and it's not on the map they sent in the mail; just some arrow pointing away. I'm going to the same spot next year, and at least I'll know where it is this time.

Oh, and if you guys go down to archery...watch the curve at the end of the loop! Everyone had trouble going down it with the loose asphault. Don't use brakes, just slow down and coast down smoothly. I'll make a sign next year I guess...but that's where chumly's staying from here on more than likely. If you go down, it's more than likely me helping you back up :p

I got nailed. Haven't seen the bill yet. 91 in a 65. Anyone know how much thats going to be? I just got on the on-ramp leaving laguna.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 06:59 PM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.A.M.
I got nailed. Haven't seen the bill yet. 91 in a 65. Anyone know how much thats going to be? I just got on the on-ramp leaving laguna.
I had a speeding ticket a few weeks ago and just got the court papers a few days ago. 186 dollars was the damage. 71 in a 55. BS.

http://www.myspace.com/dozadj

Pain is nothing compared to what it feels like to quit.
-Unkown
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006, 12:55 AM
Moto GP Racer

It cracks me up when people bitch about speeding tickets when they were... SPEEDING. Don't blame the man that you broke the law and got caught.

R.I.P. Phattywhorefresh - 10.19.2010

"The lesson is that unbeatable superheroes only exist in movies." -Valentino Rossi

<--- me on the right

http://www.myspace.com/astars
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006, 01:20 AM

$177 for 50 in a 45 going on a slight downhill......

Maybe next year I can schedule vacation time for next year's MotoGP comes back to Laguna.

Last edited by BiGxbOix510; 08-02-2006 at 01:24 AM.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwing
It cracks me up when people bitch about speeding tickets when they were... SPEEDING. Don't blame the man that you broke the law and got caught.
oh i agree totally.. but just how the speedtraps where set and stuff was crazy... not a very friendly environment at all... and i even heard there was an accident caused because of it... i read it on some site online... forgot where tho... but yeah if ya speeding and you get caught that just bad luck... but you cant really complain too much..
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006, 06:35 PM
Nemesis

I really want to go next year but I don't know if I can handle the crowd and heat. I'm really impatient when it comes to waiting in lines.

And I'm really sensitive to the heat - I'll get such a bad headache no pain relievers will help. How much are the closest hotels going for?
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006, 10:10 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

if you do it right, the lines are minimal and the heat wont bother you!
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwing
lol word! i could see if u just got pulled over out of nowhere cough* profiling* cough cough* exuse me but if you were speeding, its to just pay it, punch the wall and look harder next time. a trick that got me outta a few was i ride with my hand on my hip.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-04-2006, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Dirt
lol word! i could see if u just got pulled over out of nowhere cough* profiling* cough cough* exuse me but if you were speeding, its to just pay it, punch the wall and look harder next time. a trick that got me outta a few was i ride with my hand on my hip.
LMAO to make it seem as if you are not really riding agressive but just cruising hahaha... i do the same thing when i see a cop... haha going 85 with my hand on my hip .. lol
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-04-2006, 04:27 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejrizo
Motocycle PIGS on HWY 1
You're a douchebag
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-04-2006, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEWKNOW
You're a douchebag
LOL if ya say so... :01_thumbu
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejrizo
LMAO to make it seem as if you are not really riding agressive but just cruising hahaha... i do the same thing when i see a cop... haha going 85 with my hand on my hip .. lol
anybody can do it. the sad thing is i cruise at 80 in a 60 so i use the great high postore to my tall advantage.. besides, they no its pointless cause my name is dirty so they figure im ridin that way and ill run.. lol
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 10:29 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

The EMT's had palets upon pallets of ice cold water for free at the medical station that anyone was welcome to, and due to the heat the venders were encouraged to lower their prices and all of them dropped the price down to $1.

Jay Holland
Low Down Racing - center garage #6
LRRS / CCS / WERA # 949
Team Bridgestone
Underground Supercycle

Anyone can finance a sportbike, very few will ever be riders.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 09:01 PM
Knee Dragger

Hey I never said that it was BS that I got a ticket. I deserve one... I WAS speeding. Just asked if anyone knew how many bones it was going to be. I hate how people want to jump on the authoritize, "I never speed" trip. Honestly we or at least I bought bikes to ride them. Some times that means braking the law on the street or spending money at the track. There is a difference between speeding irresponsibly and responsibly. I have been both. Just be easy on the next guy just trying to ask a question.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page