Moto GP 2016 Round 14 Aragon ***SPOILER*** - 600RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
BOTM Winner 8/12 / Super Moderator

Thanked 1,043 Times in 921 Posts
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Moto GP 2016 Round 14 Aragon ***SPOILER***

I have a feeling Marc is going to have a win it or bin it mentality this Sunday esp at his what he refers to as his home track... dude wants a win bad!! he's missed the podium as of late and I know that is getting to him. That being said he still has a big lead in the points... hope he plays it safe :P Nicky returning to fill in for the injured Miller, happy for him. 5 races to go!

About the circuit

An ultra-modern facility, MotorLand Aragón had its roots firmly established thanks to a solid history of street racing in Alcañiz, which hosted events between 1963 and 2003. Safety advice warning against the continuation of this led to the proposal and construction of a sporting complex dedicated to motorsport.
With support from local institutions, renowned German architect Hermann Tilke was commissioned to design the facility. The circuit, which is 5.077km long and has 17 turns, was roundly praised by riders after its first Grand Prix in 2010, and it was rewarded with the IRTA Best Grand Prix of the Year award, the first time a circuit had received the prize in its debut year.

2015 Podium:

Circuit Records:
Fastest Lap 2015 MARC MARQUEZ 1'46.635
Circuit Record 2015 JORGE LORENZO 1'48.120
Best Pole 2015 2015 MARC MARQUEZ 1'46.635
Top Speed 2015 Andrea IANNONE Speed 345.8

Current Points:
1 Marc MARQUEZ Honda SPA 223
2 Valentino ROSSI Yamaha ITA 180
3 Jorge LORENZO Yamaha SPA 162
4 Dani PEDROSA Honda SPA 145
5 Maverick VIÑALES Suzuki SPA 136
6 Andrea DOVIZIOSO Ducati ITA 99
7 Andrea IANNONE Ducati ITA 96
8 Cal CRUTCHLOW Honda GBR 93
9 Pol ESPARGARO Yamaha SPA 89
10 Hector BARBERA Ducati SPA 81
11 Eugene LAVERTY Ducati IRL 69
12 Aleix ESPARGARO Suzuki SPA 60
13 Scott REDDING Ducati GBR 55
14 Danilo PETRUCCI Ducati ITA 50
15 Alvaro BAUTISTA Aprilia SPA 47
16 Stefan BRADL Aprilia GER 43
17 Jack MILLER Honda AUS 42
18 Bradley SMITH Yamaha GBR 42
19 Michele PIRRO Ducati ITA 32
20 Tito RABAT Honda SPA 27
21 Loris BAZ Ducati FRA 24
22 Yonny HERNANDEZ Ducati COL 13
23 Alex LOWES Yamaha GBR 3
24 Javier FORES SPA

Last edited by CBR Time; 09-19-2016 at 10:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

Press Conf Thurs Sept 22 11am
ALL times are in EST zone
FP1/2 Fri Sept 23

0300-0340 Moto 3 FP1
0355-0440 Moto GP FP1
0455-0540 Moto 2 FP1
0555-0625 Rookies Cup FP1
0710-0750 Moto 3 FP2
0805-0850 Moto GP FP2
0905-0950 Moto 2 FP2

FP3/4Practice/Qual , Sat Sept 24

0300-0340 Moto 3 FP3
0355-0440 Moto GP FP3
0455-0540 Moto 2 FP3
0635-0715 Moto 3 QP
0730-0800 Moto GP FP4
0810-0825 Moto GP Q1
0835-0850 Moto GP Q2
0905-0950 Moto 2 QP
1030 Race Rookies Cup

Sunday Sept 25 RACE

0240-0300 Moto 3 WUP
0310-0330 Moto 2 WUP
0340-0400 Moto GP WUP
0500 Moto 3 RACE
0620 Moto 2 RACE
0800 Moto GP RACE
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

MotorLand: Marquez prepares to spread the red

Tides change from yellow to red as MotoGP™ rolls into the championship leader's backyard

MotorLand Aragon is one of the new wonders of European motorsport. The technical and spectacular circuit, one of the most recently completed on the calendar, has swiftly moved from new to modern classic for both riders and fans; often cited as a favourite by many on the grid. The motorsport complex in the region of Teruel is a newbuild, but it was constructed following the traditions of racing in the nearby town of Alcañiz - so much history has not yet been written in the asphalt, but it certainly rises from the dry, arid landscape of the earth.
Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) may not have grown up as close to MotorLand as he has to the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, but the championship leader considers the track to be his home venue - and it's clear why. The Catalan coastline is long gone after the journey through the pockets of population that dot the roads up towards La Segarra in the province of Lleida, as the sea is replaced by the river Segre and the landscape loses its green. Cervera, the 2013 and 2014 world champion's hometown, therefore shares more of the attributes of Alcañiz and the province of Teruel than those of the coast, although they lie over the border. Surrounded by dirt track training grounds, dry earth and 93 flags, MotorLand is Marquez' anthill - and it's also his favourite track.
The championship leader didn't get to see the flag on his first visit to the track in 2010 after being wiped out on the first lap, but he had started from pole in that 125 world championship winning year. Fast forward a season and the debut was put right in Moto2™, as Marquez took pole once again and added the race win as he staged his stunning championship comeback on the chase behind Stefan Bradl. After a war with key title rivals in 2012 in his world-beating Moto2™ campaign, Marquez was second, and 2013 saw the rookie MotoGP™ world champion take another pole position and victory - despite the controversial incident with teammate Pedrosa in which the older Spaniard's traction control cable proved a casualty. Then, Marquez had to chase down reigning champion Jorge Lorenzo (Movistar Yamaha MotoGP) to earn his 25 points, before 2014 was his first mistake of the year in the wet as Lorenzo bounced back. 2015? Another season, another pole - but another mistake. The only man to have won back-to-back MotoGP™ world championships since Valentino Rossi (Movistar Yamaha MotoGP) may not have a full scoreboard at the Aragones circuit, but his qualifying record shows he has unrivaled speed.

Competition is tough for the newest kid on the block, however. Misano saw teammate Dani Pedrosa take one of the most spectacular wins in recent MotoGP™ history, and the rider from Sabadell is also a winner at MotorLand. Although Casey Stoner won the first two editions of the Aragon GP, Pedrosa was second both times and hit back in 2012 to pass Lorenzo for a dominant win over six seconds clear. 2013 saw him unable to finish after damage to his traction control made him crash out, before in 2014 his fate mirrored teammate Marquez' as both Repsol Honda riders slid out of the lead in the rain. In 2015, however, the 3-time world champion was back in the running and staged a stunning wheel-to-wheel battle with Rossi - beating the 'Doctor' over the line to P2 after their mammoth dogfight. Pedrosa may not always have found luck on his side, in the MotoGP™ world championship or at MotorLand, but his pace around this particular home track has always been menacing.

Lorenzo was the man ahead of that incredible fight in 2015. Taking off into the distance with Marquez crashing out as he tried to stay on his tail, the 5-time champion took a commanding win on a day that would prove decisive come the season finale in Valencia. 2014 also saw Lorenzo win, as the Mallorcan kept it on the road when others suffered in the rain, and he took P2 in 2013 as Marquez managed to convert pole into his one MotoGP™ victory at the tracl. 2012 was Lorenzo on pole but Pedrosa over the line, with a podium in 2011 and a P4 in 2010 completing the 'Spartan''s history at Aragon. Although Pedrosa has beaten him over the line more than not at MotorLand, Lorenzo is the most successful rider on the grid in terms of victories with his back-to-back triumphs in the last two years. Back on the podium in Misano, the reigning champion will surely prove a threat at another home race for the Spaniards at the top of the table.

After the familiar turf of Sweet Home Misano, P2 in the title fight Valentino Rossi will be pushing to keep bringing down the gap to Marquez at the top. Struggling at MotorLand during his years with Ducati, the Italian took a podium back on a Yamaha in 2013 - but some way back from the incident that had seen Pedrosa crash out in front of him. 2014 was a difficult Sunday after a bad crash in the wet for the Italian legend, but 2015 was a spectacular fight at the front at least, if not for the victory. Although beaten by Pedrosa on the day and Marquez not seeing the flag, the 9-time world champion's pace was big progress at the newer Aragon track. His record may not make for illustrious reading at the venue, but Rossi will be encouraged by many other races in 2016 that had traditionally seen his rivals prove safer bets - particularly Montmelo and Jerez.
After Pedrosa made it eight from eight in Misano, Maverick Viñales (Team Suzuki Ecstar) may no longer be the most recent winner, but he remains the newest. The next man on track behind the top four in the championship in Misano, the Silverstone winner had another great race to rake in more points and consolidate his placing ahead of his move to partner Rossi in 2017. Viñales took P11 in his rookie MotoGP™ season, but further back his record at the track makes for good reading, with podiums in the lower class - before a maiden pole position in Moto2™in 2014, followed by his second victory in the class. Viñales and the Suzuki are in a different world to the one they were in last season at MotorLand, and MotoGP™'s freshest new victor could prove one to watch.
Ducati Team's Andrea Dovizioso and Andrea Iannone will surely play a role, too, as both have had podiums at the track - Dovizioso in MotoGP™ and Iannone in the lower classes, in particular a rookie Moto2™ victory from pole in 2010, although Iannone will be recovering from an injury in Misano. And the pretenders to the crown in the Kingdom of Aragon don't end there in the season that has seen eight different winners take to the top step, because no one can be counted out. There will be another familiar face back on the grid at MotorLand too: 'Kentucky Kid' Nicky Hayden. The MotoGP™ Legend and 2006 world champion will be back in action to replace injured Jack Miller at Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS for the weekend, fresh from another podium finish in WorldSBK.
Can Pedrosa's eighth wonder of the year be followed by another, different ninth? Recent history says it will be tough to beat the home crowd's dominion over the throne at MotorLand - but 2016 proves recent history can be rewritten.
The Anthill of Aragon awaits, and the supporters of all the Spanish riders will be sure to fill the grandstands. Marquez' however may outnumber his contemporaries as he chases his third premier class crown - and he'll definitely be looking to #SpreadtheRed as he heads home.

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 03:51 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I need to get caught up in the new Rossi Moto GP game so I can do my usual practice runs/races to learn the track.

I don't see it happening, but I hope Nicky does well. I've always liked the guy, even if he kinda lucked into his 2006 Championship. Unfortunately, even though the bike has won a race (with Miller, in let's just say "fortunate" circumstances), it really isn't very good. Still, it'll be nice to see Nicky back on GP machinery, and I'm sure the fans will greet him well.

I'm kinda hoping for a Marquez DNF, but that's from a purely selfish standpoint (hear me out, I'm no Marquez hater!). After the excitement of last year, and the subsequent letdown due to all the crazy sh!t after PI (which ruined the best championship I've ever watched), I'd like for the final few races to be close and mean something. I really don't have a favorite rider (although I always pull for Pedrosa for some reason), I just want to see a close Championship. The weather has had such a humongous effect on the races that attrition and chance have really had the biggest say in who wins, or even finishes, a race. A little chaos in the Championship is a good thing, but a lot of chaos isn't.
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 04:51 PM
cyclesector.com

Feedback Score: 85 reviews
Ah I hope Rossi can cut that gap down even more. A single DNF for these guys can be such a huge game changer.

post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

yeah i know where your coming from Dave, makes you wonder just how close it could have been between Marc and Vale had Vale not had those DNF's esp the blown engine one....
Vales biggest threat now is likely Jorge. They will likely be fighting it out for second place overall if Marc plays it safe and has zero DNF's these last 5races. That being said as we move closer to Valencia im sure Marc is going to take things very cautiously.....
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

Also as much as i'd like to see a 9th winner, in dry cond i think it's gonna be one of the 3 top aliens...
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 11:58 PM
World Superbike Racer

Garage
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I can't wait. I'm still not sure Marc knows the word safe. Especially when he sees that blue 46 in front of him.

-Coons
RIP PHATTY
05/08/1980-10/19/2010

http://www.facebook.com/cCoons

post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 01:24 PM
cyclesector.com

I'd love to see Dovi on the top step. He is due for a win.

post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
I'd love to see Dovi on the top step. He is due for a win.
haha YES, if I can see a ninth winner this Sunday I'd have to pick him
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

Nicky on coming back to race at Aragon

Official: Nicky Hayden makes MotoGP return at Aragon
19 September 2016

"I'll try to learn something and have a little fun" - Nicky Hayden.

As rumoured, former world champion Nicky Hayden will make a one-off MotoGP return at Aragon this weekend, riding for the Marc VDS Honda team.

The American, who spent 13 seasons in grand prix before joining World Superbike this year, is to replace the injured Jack Miller.

"I love racing motorcycles, so I'm looking forward to it," Hayden said. "My home is Superbike now, so this ain't some try-out to go back; this is just a case of a fellow Honda team needing a rider.

"I'll go and try to enjoy it," added the #69. "I know it's tough in MotoGP and I've never ridden those Michelin tyres, but I'll try to learn something and have a little fun."

Miller needs more time away from the bike to heal hand fractures sustained last month in Austria and is sacrificing Aragon with the aim of being fully fit for the flyaway rounds, including his home Australian event.

“First of all I want to wish Jack a speedy recovery," Hayden said in the official Marc VDS press release. "He is a buddy of mine and he is a rider I believe in a lot, so I hope he can get healthy as quickly as possible to show the high potential we all know he has got. He just needs to get his body right so he can perform.

"This is an unusual experience for me because I've never been a stand-in rider before. But I have a good relationship with Honda and when the idea first came up they were behind it and Ten Kate gave me their blessing, so it is nice to go and help out another Honda team. For me it just a chance to go and have fun. I'd probably be riding motorbikes anyway and I would definitely be watching the race on TV, so I might as well show up and have some fun.

"I know MotoGP is not a place that's always easy to have fun because the level is so high but I've got a lot to learn and it won't be a walk in the park. I haven't ridden the bike and there are different tyres and electronics but I've got a lot of experience and I get another shot at MotoGP, which is great for me personally.

"I want to thank Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS for the opportunity and Ten Kate and my sponsors who all made it happen and I will try and do them all proud."

Hayden last used Michelin rubber in 2008, the year before MotoGP switched to control Bridgestone tyres. Michelin took over the exclusive tyre supply this season. 2008 was also the last time Hayden rode a full specification RCV, the #69 spending his last two MotoGP seasons on Open-class Honda machinery at the Aspar team.

The 35-year-old is currently fifth in his rookie World Superbike season for Ten Kate Honda, claiming four podiums, including a wet victory at Sepang. His best MotoGP result at Aragon is a third place, for Ducati, at the 2010 event.

Miller meanwhile is one of eight different MotoGP race winners this season, claiming his victory in the wet Assen round. That was also the first win by a satellite Honda rider since 2006, the year Hayden won the MotoGP title for Repsol Honda.

"Obviously we'd have preferred Jack to be racing in Aragon, but it's the racing that is stopping the two fractures in his hand healing properly," explained team principal Michael Bartholemy. "It makes sense to have him sit out this race in a bid to recover ahead of the three overseas races, one of which is his home race in Australia.

"I'm looking forward to welcoming Nicky into the team and I want to thank Honda and Ten Kate for releasing him to ride this weekend. As a former MotoGP World Champion for Honda he brings with him a wealth of experience, which will be critical given the steep learning curve he faces with a new bike, new tyres and new electronics. I am sure he will do a stand up job for us."

Another WorldSBK regular, Alex Lowes, will also be on track at Aragon - the Englishman replacing the injured Bradley Smith at tech 3 Yamaha for a third event.
The Following User Says Thank You to CBR Time For This Useful Post:
Moeman (09-24-2016)
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 05:02 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hayden back as a wildcard? Sounds like fun! He'll be struggling for sure, but should be fun none the less.
Is he the first champion to return as a wildcard, or has it happened before?

post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

thats a good ?, dont think it has.. too bad Casey didnt come back for 1 ;)
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 05:17 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR Time View Post
thats a good ?, dont think it has.. too bad Casey didnt come back for 1 ;)
I second that... Would love to see Casey back for a race...

post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

MotoGP™ at MotorLand Aragon until 2021
After the pre-event press conference concluded for the Gran Premio Movistar de Aragon, there was another special announcement as CEO of Dorna Sports Carmelo Ezpeleta led a press conference to announce MotorLand as remaining on the MotoGP™ calendar until the end of 2021. The contract was signed there and then to ink in MotorLand's future for another five fantastic installments of the Aragon GP, as the venue cemented its place as not only an unrivaled venue for racing, but also a home of MotoGP™ with unequalled facilities.

The signing of the new contract was followed by a presentation of the award for best Grand Prix in 2015 - an honour the Aragones venue is no stranger to in recent years having won it three times out of the last six - with the circuit taking the prize for its exceptional paddock, facilities and organization; once again at the forefront of motorsport and MotoGP™.

With the exceptional circuit set to welcome MotoGP™ until 2021, the award is sure to be one the venue is set on winning again.
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 07:52 AM Thread Starter

FP1 Results:
Marc Marquez leads opening practice for the Aragon MotoGP, with Valentino Rossi making late progress into second place ahead of Suzuki's Maverick Vinales.

2006 world champion Nicky Hayden is making a return to MotoGP, in place of the injured Jack Miller.

Alex Lowes is replacing the injured Bradley Smith for the third time, while Loris Baz and Andrea Iannone are back on track after missing Misano due to injuries...

1. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 48.830s [Lap 10/17] 333km/h (Top Speed)
2. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 1m 49.016s +0.186s [19/19] 332km/h
3. Maverick Viñales ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 1m 49.178s +0.348s [15/16] 334km/h
4. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP) 1m 49.178s +0.348s [14/16] 338km/h
5. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 1m 49.573s +0.743s [12/16] 331km/h
6. Andrea Iannone ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP) 1m 49.601s +0.771s [16/17] 342km/h
7. Danilo Petrucci ITA Octo Pramac Yakhnich (Desmosedici GP15) 1m 49.719s +0.889s [17/19] 334km/h
8. Aleix Espargaro ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 1m 49.731s +0.901s [15/16] 328km/h
9. Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 49.738s +0.908s [12/19] 329km/h
10. Cal Crutchlow GBR LCR Honda (RC213V) 1m 49.756s +0.926s [16/17] 331km/h
11. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 49.993s +1.163s [6/17] 335km/h
12. Scott Redding GBR Octo Pramac Yakhnich (Desmosedici GP15) 1m 50.113s +1.283s [14/18] 328km/h
13. Stefan Bradl GER Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 1m 50.368s +1.538s [6/18] 329km/h
14. Hector Barbera ESP Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 1m 50.714s +1.884s [7/17] 334km/h
15. Tito Rabat ESP Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V)* 1m 50.816s +1.986s [17/20] 328km/h
16. Eugene Laverty IRL Aspar MotoGP Team (Desmosedici GP14.2) 1m 50.958s +2.128s [5/15] 336km/h
17. Alex Lowes GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 51.103s +2.273s [19/19] 325km/h
18. Alvaro Bautista ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 1m 51.139s +2.309s [16/18] 329km/h
19. Yonny Hernandez COL Aspar MotoGP Team (Desmosedici GP14.2) 1m 51.388s +2.558s [5/15] 328km/h
20. Nicky Hayden USA Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) 1m 51.873s +3.043s [17/17] 328km/h
21. Loris Baz FRA Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 1m 52.680s +3.850s [15/15] 322km/h
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 07:53 AM Thread Starter

Aragon MotoGP: Rossi closes in on Marquez at end of FP1
23 September 2016

Marc Marquez holds a considerable advantage for much of FP1 at Aragon; Valentino Rossi and Maverick Viñales make late gains.

For much of MotoGP FP1 at Motorland Aragon, Marc Marquez held the kind of advantage that suggested a dominant weekend lay ahead. Yet Valentino Rossi offered late hope, reducing the Spaniard's advantage to just 0.18s at the close of Friday morning.

Marquez showed considerable speed with Michelin's hard option rear tyre mid-way through FP1, with his fastest time of 1m 48.830s coming on the tenth of his 17 laps. Fast from the off, the championship leader's fastest time was 0.8s than the next best man.

Unable to better that time in the session's second half, Marquez's advantage soon came down. First Andrea Dovizioso (+0.348s) went close, before late laps from Rossi (second) and Maverick Viñales (third) closed the deficit.

Behind Dovizioso, Jorge Lorenzo was fifth after an early scare with what is believed to be a bad rear tyre. The Majorcan had a heart stopping out-of-the-seat moment through the fast final turn at the beginning of the session, but returned with a time 0.743s back of Marquez's best.

Ducati team boss Davide Tardozzi reported Andrea Iannone was in considerable discomfort. Nonetheless, the Italian was sixth after completing 17 laps. A decision on whether he continues this weekend with a healing fractured vertebrae will be made before FP2.

Danilo Petrucci was seventh fastest with Aleix Espargaro eighth. Brother Pol was a place behind in ninth, with Cal Crutchlow tenth.

Stand in riders Alex Lowes (17th) and Nicky Hayden (20th) both clocked up a considerable amount of laps as they become accustomed to the 3.1-mile circuit on new machines.

There were falls for both Yonny Hernandez and Tito Rabat at the treacherous turn two.
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 07:55 AM Thread Starter

looks like Iannone is out :(

Ducati Motor
✔ @DucatiMotor @Andreaiannone29 announcing his renounce for the #AragonGP @PirroRider replaces him as in Misano. Get well soon Maniac!
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

Well certainly looks like a "Honda" Track lol

FP2 Results:
Dani Pedrosa leads a Honda 1-2-3 in Friday afternoon practice for the Aragon MotoGP, with Valentino Rossi best of the rest in a close fourth place for Yamaha.

Pol Espargaro, Aleix Espargaro, Eugene Laverty and Alex Lowes fell during the session.

2006 world champion Nicky Hayden is making a return to MotoGP, in place of the injured Jack Miller.

Alex Lowes is replacing the injured Bradley Smith for the third time, while Loris Baz is back on track after missing Misano due to injuries. Andrea Iannone, injured at Misano, withdrew after FP1 and is replaced by Ducati test rider Michele Pirro....

1. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 48.429s [Lap 18/18] 333km/h (Top Speed)
2. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 48.494s +0.065s [15/19] 333km/h
3. Cal Crutchlow GBR LCR Honda (RC213V) 1m 48.510s +0.081s [17/18] 329km/h
4. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 1m 48.669s +0.240s [18/20] 330km/h
5. Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 48.749s +0.320s [12/14] 328km/h
6. Maverick Viñales ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 1m 48.886s +0.457s [15/19] 332km/h
7. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 1m 48.914s +0.485s [16/16] 328km/h
8. Hector Barbera ESP Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 1m 48.970s +0.541s [16/18] 332km/h
9. Danilo Petrucci ITA Octo Pramac Yakhnich (Desmosedici GP15) 1m 49.065s +0.636s [16/18] 332km/h
10. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP) 1m 49.128s +0.699s [15/18] 334km/h
11. Aleix Espargaro ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 1m 49.177s +0.748s [15/15] 327km/h
12. Yonny Hernandez COL Aspar MotoGP Team (Desmosedici GP14.2) 1m 49.243s +0.814s [15/18] 329km/h
13. Stefan Bradl GER Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 1m 49.298s +0.869s [15/18] 327km/h
14. Alvaro Bautista ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 1m 49.301s +0.872s [16/18] 328km/h
15. Michele Pirro ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP) 1m 49.678s +1.249s [17/18] 334km/h
16. Scott Redding GBR Octo Pramac Yakhnich (Desmosedici GP15) 1m 49.680s +1.251s [14/16] 327km/h
17. Eugene Laverty IRL Aspar MotoGP Team (Desmosedici GP14.2) 1m 50.113s +1.684s [10/13] 335km/h
18. Tito Rabat ESP Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V)* 1m 50.649s +2.220s [15/21] 329km/h
19. Loris Baz FRA Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 1m 50.940s +2.511s [16/16] 324km/h
20. Alex Lowes GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 50.988s +2.559s [5/16] 323km/h
21. Nicky Hayden USA Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) 1m 50.992s +2.563s [17/17] 327km/h
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 08:57 PM
Knee Dragger

so where can I watch the race at? dont see this stuff on tv anymore

post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-24-2016, 06:35 AM Thread Starter

DAMN that was the craziest crash filled sessions i think i've ever seen.... a ton of crashes, incl Vale and Marc, Pol twice incl into turn 2 bike slides and smokes poor Danillo coming out of pit lane...vid looked bad, Lowes only one taken to med center really hope he is ok...

Marc Marquez tops the timesheets during MotoGP FP3 at Aragon, which saw two scary incidents - the last of which involved the world championship leader.

The session began with Valentino Rossi being flicked from his M1 when the rear tyre lost traction on his out-lap, with Alex Lowes suffering a faster fall moments later. The Englishman went to the medical centre to have his foot checked.

Pol Espargaro and Danilo Petrucci were then involved in a scary incident when the Tech 3 rider lost the front of his M1 on entry to Turn 2 - his riderless bike then slamming into Petrucci as he was about to rejoin the track from pit lane. Both were fortunately able to walk away.

The drama then continued when Nicky Hayden, Espargaro and Marquez fell at Turn 14. It appears Hayden and then Marquez fell, possibly due to oil on the track, with the Repsol Honda rider bringing down Espargaro in the process.

The top ten riders after FP3 (combined times) receive direct access to the second and final part of this afternoon's qualifying session.

FP3:
1. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 47.810s [Lap 5/18] 333km/h (Top Speed)
2. Cal Crutchlow GBR LCR Honda (RC213V) 1m 48.006s +0.196s [17/17] 330km/h
3. Maverick Viñales ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 1m 48.052s +0.242s [18/18] 332km/h
4. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 1m 48.298s +0.488s [15/16] 331km/h
5. Aleix Espargaro ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 1m 48.308s +0.498s [18/18] 327km/h
6. Scott Redding GBR Octo Pramac Yakhnich (Desmosedici GP15) 1m 48.627s +0.817s [18/18] 330km/h
7. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP) 1m 48.652s +0.842s [16/16] 338km/h
8. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 48.817s +1.007s [18/18] 335km/h
9. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 1m 48.967s +1.157s [4/12] 332km/h
10. Hector Barbera ESP Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 1m 48.975s +1.165s [17/18] 331km/h
11. Yonny Hernandez COL Aspar MotoGP Team (Desmosedici GP14.2) 1m 49.137s +1.327s [13/15] 333km/h
12. Michele Pirro ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP) 1m 49.250s +1.440s [15/18] 337km/h
13. Alvaro Bautista ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 1m 49.652s +1.842s [15/16] 329km/h
14. Danilo Petrucci ITA Octo Pramac Yakhnich (Desmosedici GP15) 1m 49.696s +1.886s [6/16] 334km/h
15. Eugene Laverty IRL Aspar MotoGP Team (Desmosedici GP14.2) 1m 49.738s +1.928s [5/17] 335km/h
16. Stefan Bradl GER Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 1m 49.792s +1.982s [16/16] 328km/h
17. Tito Rabat ESP Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V)* 1m 49.804s +1.994s [20/21] 329km/h
18. Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 49.909s +2.099s [4/7] 328km/h
19. Nicky Hayden USA Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) 1m 50.617s +2.807s [13/15] 328km/h
20. Loris Baz FRA Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 1m 50.617s +2.807s [6/14] 325km/h
0. Alex Lowes GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) No Time +12.190s [0/0] 0km/h

Riders going directly to Qualifying 2 - Top 10 Combined Practice Times:
1. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V)
2. Cal Crutchlow GBR LCR Honda (RC213V)
3. Maverick Vinales ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR)
4. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1)
5. Aleix Espargaro ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR)
6. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V)
7. Scott Redding GBR Octo Pramac Yakhnich (Desmosedici GP15)
8. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP)
9. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1)
10. Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1)
post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-24-2016, 06:39 AM Thread Starter

Pol - Danillo incident....

post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-24-2016, 10:27 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Marc Marquez dominates final practice for the Aragon MotoGP.*

Qualifying 1, for those outside the top ten after third free practice, will now get underway.*

Alex Lowes - replacing the injured Bradley Smith for the third time - injured his foot in FP3 and will not ride this afternoon. His condition will be reviewed again on Sunday morning, to see if he can race...*

1. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 48.060s [Lap 4/13] 327km/h*(Top Speed)*
2. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 1m 48.806s +0.746s [6/14] 328km/h*
3. Aleix Espargaro ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 1m 48.853s +0.793s [8/11] 323km/h*
4. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 48.921s +0.861s [4/14] 331km/h*
5. Cal Crutchlow GBR LCR Honda (RC213V) 1m 48.977s +0.917s [5/14] 327km/h*
6. Maverick Viñales ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 1m 49.138s +1.078s [4/14] 328km/h*
7. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP) 1m 49.176s +1.116s [11/12] 337km/h*
8. Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 49.361s +1.301s [6/13] 326km/h*
9. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 1m 49.496s +1.436s [10/14] 328km/h*
10. Yonny Hernandez COL Aspar MotoGP Team (Desmosedici GP14.2) 1m 49.557s +1.497s [11/12] 330km/h*
11. Eugene Laverty IRL Aspar MotoGP Team (Desmosedici GP14.2) 1m 49.651s +1.591s [11/12] 331km/h*
12. Stefan Bradl GER Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 1m 49.669s +1.609s [11/14] 323km/h*
13. Scott Redding GBR Octo Pramac Yakhnich (Desmosedici GP15) 1m 49.677s +1.617s [4/14] 331km/h*
14. Danilo Petrucci ITA Octo Pramac Yakhnich (Desmosedici GP15) 1m 49.752s +1.692s [9/13] 328km/h*
15. Hector Barbera ESP Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 1m 49.847s +1.787s [6/14] 327km/h*
16. Michele Pirro ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP) 1m 49.847s +1.787s [4/12] 331km/h*
17. Tito Rabat ESP Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V)* 1m 49.961s +1.901s [12/15] 326km/h*
18. Alvaro Bautista ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 1m 50.059s +1.999s [12/14] 327km/h*
19. Nicky Hayden USA Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) 1m 50.915s +2.855s [5/13] 323km/h*
20. Loris Baz FRA Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 1m 51.133s +3.073s [6/8] 320km/h*
Alex Lowes GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) No Time

Official Aragon MotoGP records:*
Best lap:*
Jorge Lorenzo*SPA Yamaha*1m 48.120s*(2015)*
Fastest race lap:*
Marc Marquez*SPA Honda*1m 46.635s*(2015)*
post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-24-2016, 10:32 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Marquez converts his free practice form into pole position for the Aragon MotoGP, while fellow Honda riders Cal Crutchlow and Dani Pedrosa suffer late falls during the 15-minute session.*

2006 world champion Nicky Hayden is making a return to MotoGP, in place of the injured Jack Miller.*

Alex Lowes is replacing the injured Bradley Smith for the third time, but injured his foot in FP3 and did not ride this afternoon. His condition will be reviewed again on Sunday morning, to see if he can race.*

Loris Baz is back on track after missing Misano due to injuries. Andrea Iannone, injured at Misano, withdrew after FP1 and is replaced by Ducati test rider Michele Pirro...*

Qualifying 2:
1. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 47.117s [Lap 2/7] 329km/h*(Top Speed)*
2. Maverick Viñales ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 1m 47.748s +0.631s [6/7] 330km/h*
3. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 1m 47.778s +0.661s [7/7] 329km/h*
4. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP) 1m 47.819s +0.702s [6/7] 338km/h*
5. Cal Crutchlow GBR LCR Honda (RC213V) 1m 47.843s +0.726s [3/7] 328km/h*
6. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 1m 47.951s +0.834s [7/7] 329km/h*
7. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 48.017s +0.900s [6/7] 331km/h*
8. Aleix Espargaro ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 1m 48.230s +1.113s [7/7] 326km/h*
9. Danilo Petrucci ITA Octo Pramac Yakhnich (Desmosedici GP15) 1m 48.236s +1.119s [6/6] 331km/h*
10. Scott Redding GBR Octo Pramac Yakhnich (Desmosedici GP15) 1m 48.242s +1.125s [7/7] 333km/h*
11. Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 48.448s +1.331s [5/6] 325km/h*
12. Stefan Bradl GER Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 1m 49.083s +1.966s [3/8] 322km/h*

Qualifying 1:
13. Hector Barbera ESP Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 1m 48.699s 327km/h
14. Alvaro Bautista ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 1m 48.904s 327km/h
15. Yonny Hernandez COL Aspar MotoGP Team (Desmosedici GP14.2) 1m 48.954s 328km/h
16. Eugene Laverty IRL Aspar MotoGP Team (Desmosedici GP14.2) 1m 49.052s 332km/h
17. Michele Pirro ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP) 1m 49.139s 331km/h
18. Tito Rabat ESP Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V)* 1m 49.319s 328km/h
19. Nicky Hayden USA Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) 1m 49.490s 328km/h
20. Loris Baz FRA Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 1m 49.841s 322km/h
21. Alex Lowes GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) No Time 0km/h
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-24-2016, 11:22 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Surprises during qualifying, as 2 of the 3 Hondas which were most consistent during free practices crashed during Q2. If you had asked after FP3 if Vinales and Lorenzo would have been on the front row, I would have thought hell no. Gotta prove it on the track, though.

After a cooler temp FP3, things calmed down in FP4, as temperatures rose to better suit the tires' operating temps. FP4 is usually when they work on race pace and settling on tire combos - if you predict based on FP4, Marquez is going to run away with the race tomorrow. Gotta prove it on the track, though.

Alex Lowes will be evaluated tomorrow morning after sitting out all of today following his out lap FP3 crash. He has pain in his left foot. More importantly, since this is a side gig only, he has to be concerned with staying healthy for the final WSBK races.
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-25-2016, 02:54 AM
cyclesector.com

Marquez definitely has some pressure to maintain that pace during the race. That track seems to cause unpredictable crashes though. So much on the line with just a few races left. I'm sure its gonna be a good one!

Looks like Alex Lowes won't be racing :(

Last edited by Disco; 09-25-2016 at 02:57 AM.
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-25-2016, 04:11 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

I just had what I think is an interesting proposition. Motorland has some huge runoff areas. What is the penalty for using them? None, as far as I know, except a hot lap gets dq'd in FP or Q. Race-wise, if you don't gain position from it, so be it. If you're not advanced positions, you may return to your original position. I don't think that's a proper penalty for a mistake like that. I propose that each time someone runs off, even if they're ten seconds ahead of the nearest rider, they must surrender two positions. I see lots of guys run off at Aragon, and they continue on like nothing (and it is nothing, technically). I'm seeing it happen so much that guys are using runoffs as safety areas to maintain position after a mistake. I think that's silly, if you make a mistake, you should be penalized for it. If it happens in Moto2 and Moto3, riders will be docked positions or seconds added to their times (sometimes, depends on who the riders are, but I do remember last year's winner Kent in Moto3 got hit with a penalty that hurt). Why doesn't that happen in the premier class? I think it defeats the purpose of track limits if they're not really limits. I think a stiff penalty will stop riders constantly going in hot at turns 1 and 8. Being forced off is one thing, but willingly entering a runoff with no penalty just strikes me as an unfair treatment of track limits, and people do it all the time.

Thoughts?
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-25-2016, 04:17 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
Marquez definitely has some pressure to maintain that pace during the race. That track seems to cause unpredictable crashes though. So much on the line with just a few races left. I'm sure its gonna be a good one!

Looks like Alex Lowes won't be racing :(
The biggest unpredictability is turn 2, lots of lowsides there. So many that maybe they should be called predictable.

I don't think I'm worried about Marquez tomorrow, the track was made for the Honda, and provided one of those predictable unpredictables keeps out of it, Marquez is gonna leave Motorland with a near insurmountable lead.
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-25-2016, 04:35 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Garage
@Doomcue several riders received ride-through penalties for exceeding track limits last race. Even without gaining positions.
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-25-2016, 11:51 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

As expected, MM93 takes Aragon, although there were some moments in the first 4 laps. Maverick had a great race, but a couple of untimely mistakes took him off the podium. I'd like to know what happened with Petrucci and Redding, and whether Ducati takes it into account in the mini battle for a GP17.

From crash.net:

Marc Marquez ended MotoGP's run of eight different race winners in a row, after fighting his way from fifth - after an early mistake - to take victory in the Aragon MotoGP.*

Behind him, team-mates Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo battled over second place, which ulitmately went in Lorenzo's favour when the Italian ran wide after making a pass with two laps to go.*

Maverick Vinales led in the early stages for Suzuki, on his way to fourth place.*

Danilo Petrucci received a ride-through penalty for an unseen incident with team-mate Scott Redding.*

2006 world champion Nicky Hayden was making a return to MotoGP, in place of the injured Jack Miller.*

Alex Lowes had been due to replace the injured Bradley Smith for the third time, but was been deemed unfit to race after foot injuries on Saturday.*

Loris Baz was back on track after missing Misano. Andrea Iannone, injured at Misano, withdrew after FP1 and was replaced by Ducati test rider Michele Pirro....*

1. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 41m 57.678s
2. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 42m 0.418s
3. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 42m 3.661s
4. Maverick Viñales ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 42m 5.916s
5. Cal Crutchlow GBR LCR Honda (RC213V) 42m 10.899s
6. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 42m 14.750s
7. Aleix Espargaro ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 42m 16.200s
8. Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 42m 17.110s
9. Alvaro Bautista ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 42m 20.749s
10. Stefan Bradl GER Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 42m 25.576s
11. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP) 42m 30.126s
12. Michele Pirro ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP) 42m 32.711s
13. Hector Barbera ESP Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 42m 33.902s
14. Eugene Laverty IRL Aspar MotoGP Team (Desmosedici GP14.2) 42m 35.299s
15. Nicky Hayden USA Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) 42m 38.187s
16. Yonny Hernandez COL Aspar MotoGP Team (Desmosedici GP14.2) 42m 41.584s
17. Danilo Petrucci ITA Octo Pramac Yakhnich (Desmosedici GP15) 42m 54.418s
18. Loris Baz FRA Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 42m 57.359s
19. Scott Redding GBR Octo Pramac Yakhnich (Desmosedici GP15) 43m 31.804s
Tito Rabat ESP Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V)* DNF

Blue Name*=*No Concessions.*
7 engine changes for the season. Engines must be identical throughout season within same team (development freeze). 5 days of private testing.*
Black Name*=*Concessions.*
9 engine changes. No engine development freeze. Unlimited private testing.*
* Rookie*
Pole position:*
Marc Marquez*SPA Honda*1m 47.117s*
The Following User Says Thank You to DoomCue For This Useful Post:
Moeman (09-25-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page