Return of the Roman Emperor!!! - 600RR.net
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-04-2006, 11:22 AM
Nemesis
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Return of the Roman Emperor!!!

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2006/Aug/tb/060803k.htm


Quote:
Coming Soon: The Fogarty And Biaggi Show?
Surely Not -- The King And The Emperor?
by toby hirst
Thursday, August 03, 2006 News through to the 'Soup hotline today from our Euro news-hounds suggest that Max Biaggi's sabbatical from Grand Prix racing may end soon, with the possible signing of a Ducati contract for 2007.

Word has it that while Loris Capirossi and A.N. Other will ride the new 800cc factory bikes for the official works team, two satellite specification '07 Desmosedici machines will be made available, with four-time 250cc GP champion Biaggi touted as one of the riders.

With Max seemingly all out of luck with the Japanese manufacturers, and with Sito Pons historically linked to HRC, Biaggi could well find a home with his fellow countrymen. Pons is apparently in talks to return to the grid next year (with Honda), although rumors are rife, and no stable news is available at present.

And, to make the story more interesting, and maybe even bizzare, one of our sources is suggesting that four-time WSBK champion Carl Fogarty may be in line to provide a team structure for a second-string Ducati outfit, sponsorship and politics permitting.

Fogarty has long been part of the Ducati family, for obvious reasons, and should the Blackburn Bullet find the necessary backing to fund a whole season in MotoGP (with help from Dorna), then Biaggi would prove an able foil, as Max has a reputation for attracting his own sponsorship to swell the coffers; Biaggi is a commercial magnet.

Fogarty has also been linked of late with a possible deal to run a team in the British Superbike championship, again, sponsorship dependent. The ever stoic Fogarty was seen talking to several members of the paddock hierachy at last month's British Grand Prix at Donington Park.

The Foggy Petronas World Superbike dream is almost at an end, with the Malaysian backed outfit in their last year with the FG Sport production based series.

If you remember, we reported earlier this season that Dorna were allegedly considering asking each factory to supply four machines for 2007. That option looked likely as only the main body of manufacturers would be able to fund, in principle, a design and development project for the new upper engine capacity ruling (800cc).

That seemingly ruled out the likes of WCM, KTM, and even BMW. It is uncertain at this stage if Team Roberts will be able to sign another leasing contract with Honda for customer engines next year as early reports seem to indicate that HRC may run just four bikes -- under their own steam -- with maybe one true satellite team/engine supply added.

If Biaggi gets it done, with or without Fogarty, Pons or even Luis D'antin, he would get to ride a machine that in early development anyway, would not differ too greatly from the full factory bikes.

Remember the rumormill rules: until it's done, it isn't done, simple.

Buuut ...Biaggi and Fogarty together? Say how many ego's can you fit in one garage?


ENDS

Plzzzzzzzzzzz let it be true!!! Man, I really like this guy!

Last edited by Nemesis; 08-04-2006 at 11:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-04-2006, 11:33 AM
cyclesector.com

 
Disco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 13,432
Images: 31
Thanks: 5
Thanked 224 Times in 168 Posts
Feedback Score: 85 reviews
Ya know, now that I think about it, I kinda miss the little fella. It was fun watching him complain on his interviews and hearing about all the kooky sh*t he did. Sete hasn't filled his shoes as we thought he would have.

That would surely make for an even more interesting 800cc GP!

Disco is offline  
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-04-2006, 01:08 PM
Nemesis
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco
Ya know, now that I think about it, I kinda miss the little fella. It was fun watching him complain on his interviews and hearing about all the kooky sh*t he did. Sete hasn't filled his shoes as we thought he would have.

That would surely make for an even more interesting 800cc GP!

Everyone complains. And with the current top riders experiencing bike problems this year and constantly using that excuse you gotta kinda wonder if Biaggi had a legit excuse for his performance last year.

I still think he's a definite contender. I like the guy.
 
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-04-2006, 01:45 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,953
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i dont care for the guy, i definitely didnt miss all his bitching and whining.
Tiny is offline  
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-04-2006, 10:31 PM
World Superbike Racer
 
RRnelcheeze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,576
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bring Mad Max back! although hes not on my top 10 riders list, its good to have some one that stirs it up...

"You motorboating son-of-a-bitch!"
http://www.myspace.com/thegovernor
http://www.teamosg.com
RRnelcheeze is offline  
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-04-2006, 10:33 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 544
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Biaggi on a Ducati would be awesome- hope its true
steve2z is offline  
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 12:31 AM
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 326
Images: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'd like to see Max back, but not with Foggy. The quote from Foggy is that he needs a sponsor. He wants to be in WSBK again or Moto GP. His team is not exactly setting the world on fire in WSBK at the moment. I'd rather see Biaggi on a factory Ducati, with D'Antin if they get a satalite 800, or Kawasaki.
jjh600RR is offline  
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 12:38 AM
August 2015 BOTM Winner / Domo
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ontario,Canada
Posts: 642
Thanks: 21
Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
funny thing is i was just wondering about if biaggi would be returning, and so it seems he might be signing with ducati. I've heard of him to be quite a bitcher and whiner so it might not be good if he came back
cbrkp is offline  
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 09:23 AM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 591
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
Everyone complains. And with the current top riders experiencing bike problems this year and constantly using that excuse you gotta kinda wonder if Biaggi had a legit excuse for his performance last year.
Everyone might complain but no one complains as publicly and ridiculously as Biaggi. When he was riding the Yamaha he bitched and moaned that he couldn't beat Rossi because of the bike. Then he got the Camel Honda, and he bitched and moaned that he couldn't win because he didn't have the factory Honda like Rossi. Then, not only did he get the factory Honda but Rossi was on the same Yamaha M1 Biaggi was bitching about and he still lost. Then he proceeded to talk sh1t about Honda.

I know one of the Honda motorsports PR people and they told me how rude and unprofessional Max was at the USGP last year too. Nicky also said he almost came to blows with him at one point last year.

Biaggi being back will be good because he's one of those people that you love to hate but he has no excuse for his performance nor does he have an excuse for his behavior. When any of the other riders don't get the results they'll just say they weren't good enough. Nicky in particular will be the first to say, "I didn't get it done today." Biaggi is a good rider but I have no respect for him because he will be the first to slag on the bike and his team.
G.Irish is offline  
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 04:21 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,212
Images: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Whether you like Max or not, you have admit he brings some "flair" to MotoGP. His personality is missing and I for one would like to see him and Barros BACK in MotoGP. Barros and Biaggi can still ride and they both are good for the sport, like it or not.

If Max could shut up about the bike and let his riding do the talking, he could have won many world championships.
SilverSurfer is offline  
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 02:54 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 591
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
Whether you like Max or not, you have admit he brings some "flair" to MotoGP. His personality is missing and I for one would like to see him and Barros BACK in MotoGP. Barros and Biaggi can still ride and they both are good for the sport, like it or not.
I'd rather see some young guns get a crack at GP than to have some dinosaurs continue on forever when there's no chance they'll ever win the World Championship. Biaggi I think is good enough to deserve a ride but Barros was past his sell by date. I'd like to see him do well in WSBK though.

Tamada is also in this category, I wouldn't be surprised to see him and/or Barros in WSBK on a factory Honda team one day (Note, there hasn't been a factory Honda team in WSBK since 2002).
G.Irish is offline  
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 03:57 PM
Nemesis
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Irish
When any of the other riders don't get the results they'll just say they weren't good enough. Nicky in particular will be the first to say, "I didn't get it done today." Biaggi is a good rider but I have no respect for him because he will be the first to slag on the bike and his team.
That's not true. Colin complains and bitches. And it's not just Colin. Several other riders complain. Read between the lines. Listen to what they're really saying.

To add to what SS said about Barros, I think Barros has a couple more years left in MotoGP. However, with up and coming talents like Jorge Lorenzo, Andrea Dovizioso, and Alex De Angelis, Barros, Biaggi, Sete, Bryne, Foggy, and other vets may not be a strong candidate for MotoGP next year. And especially with MotoGP moving to the 800cc class they'll definitely look for young guns.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 04:27 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: dirrty south
Posts: 610
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I never cared for Biaggi. It just seemed like there was no satisfying the guy. I'll give him credit for his win-or-crash-trying attitude. But he's got serious inferiority issues with Rossi.
skittzo is offline  
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 11:42 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 591
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
That's not true. Colin complains and bitches. And it's not just Colin. Several other riders complain. Read between the lines. Listen to what they're really saying.
I think Colin is an excuse maker and complainer too, he's just not as bad as Biaggi was/is. Colin bitched and moaned about being down in the pecking order at Honda (when he had the Telefonica Movistar seat next to Sete), then Melandri turned around and got 2nd in the championship the next season with the same bike Colin was riding the year before. I think Colin finally is accepting the fact that his riding is to blame for his lack of success, nothing else.

Still the difference between Colin and Biaggi is that Colin didn't burn every single bridge he walked across. Biaggi could never go back and ride a Honda and he can never go back and ride a Yamaha. Love him or hate him as you see fit but the fact is that his attitude is so bad that he ended up without a seat in spite of his talent.
G.Irish is offline  
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 12:13 AM
Nemesis
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Irish
Biaggi could never go back and ride a Honda and he can never go back and ride a Yamaha. Love him or hate him as you see fit but the fact is that his attitude is so bad that he ended up without a seat in spite of his talent.
Yeah, I'll agree with you there. He could have approached it differently but he's only human. And so are you and everyone else. I've burned bridges and I've learned from them. Live and learn. Maybe we'll see a different Biaggi (a humble and reserved Biaggi) if they decide to bring him back.
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 02:58 AM
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 159
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i rather have an ok rider then a talented rider with a **** attitude
Rc211vboy is offline  
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 05:47 AM
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,432
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It's always fun to bag on biaggi ;) I actually kinda miss the little bugger..
juni5 is offline  
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 03:16 PM
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
 
Visitor Q's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 7,847
Images: 158
Thanks: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
hahahaha

Here we go!

Jason

“Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

Visitor Q is offline  
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 10:37 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
aren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: los angeles, ca
Posts: 990
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Irish
Everyone might complain but no one complains as publicly and ridiculously as Biaggi. When he was riding the Yamaha he bitched and moaned that he couldn't beat Rossi because of the bike. Then he got the Camel Honda, and he bitched and moaned that he couldn't win because he didn't have the factory Honda like Rossi. Then, not only did he get the factory Honda but Rossi was on the same Yamaha M1 Biaggi was bitching about and he still lost. Then he proceeded to talk sh1t about Honda.

I know one of the Honda motorsports PR people and they told me how rude and unprofessional Max was at the USGP last year too. Nicky also said he almost came to blows with him at one point last year.

Biaggi being back will be good because he's one of those people that you love to hate but he has no excuse for his performance nor does he have an excuse for his behavior. When any of the other riders don't get the results they'll just say they weren't good enough. Nicky in particular will be the first to say, "I didn't get it done today." Biaggi is a good rider but I have no respect for him because he will be the first to slag on the bike and his team.

Um, Biaggi never rode the current M1 - or any 4 stroke Yamaha. He was with Yamaha when 500cc GP was still going. He complained about the Yamaha because it sucked. Rossi was either on the NSR500 or starting to use the new RCV. The NSR and/or RCV were leagues ahead of any Yamaha bike until 2004.

Biaggi does complain A LOT. But all of his complaints for the 05 season were plausible. Honda ran into A LOT of trouble that year and nobody on a Honda really did well until the end of the season - namely Marco Melandri. Even Sete who placed runner-up 2 years in a row ended up placing 7th or so in 2005. They were having handling problems all year long. Probably because every year they changed development riders for the Repsol team and every rider went in different directions with the bike (Rossi to Barros to Biaggi).

Biaggi isn't my favourite rider, but I miss him in GP. That is where he belongs with everyone else. He was #1 before Rossi came along. And now Pedrosa may dethrone Rossi.

I am very curious to see how Rossi takes defeat when he is no longer consistantly on top. His lowest placing was 9th place back in his 250 days over 5 years ago - it's been awhile. Since then, he's either placed 1st or 2nd in every championship.
aren is offline  
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 06:31 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 591
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by aren
Um, Biaggi never rode the current M1 - or any 4 stroke Yamaha. He was with Yamaha when 500cc GP was still going. He complained about the Yamaha because it sucked. Rossi was either on the NSR500 or starting to use the new RCV. The NSR and/or RCV were leagues ahead of any Yamaha bike until 2004.
Yamaha debuted the M1 in 2002 when the championship switched from GP500 to Moto GP. He rode that for 2002 and 2003, the Camel Honda for 2004, and the Repsol Honda for 2005.

Quote:
Biaggi does complain A LOT. But all of his complaints for the 05 season were plausible. Honda ran into A LOT of trouble that year and nobody on a Honda really did well until the end of the season - namely Marco Melandri. Even Sete who placed runner-up 2 years in a row ended up placing 7th or so in 2005. They were having handling problems all year long. Probably because every year they changed development riders for the Repsol team and every rider went in different directions with the bike (Rossi to Barros to Biaggi).
I don't really doubt Biaggi's complaints. In 05 the RCV had a lot of problems with chatter and wasn't as strong as the M1 under braking. I can also see where his sabotage comment came from. HRC is and always has been about pushing the envelope and trying new things. It could very well be that they put parts on his bike that he didn't ask for or maybe they changed the settings without him knowing. Of course that's not exactly sabotage, Honda doesn't spend many millions of dollars in Moto GP only to sabotage their own riders.

In the end the way he complained and bashed HRC to the public (much the same way he did with Yamaha) was disrespectful and unprofessional and that's why he didn't have a ride this season. Even if there were real problems with the bike his approach is not the way to solve them.

As for Sete's problems with the RCV, I think they were more mental than actual problems with the bike. I don't even remember how many times he crashed (usually out of the lead).

Quote:
Biaggi isn't my favourite rider, but I miss him in GP. That is where he belongs with everyone else. He was #1 before Rossi came along. And now Pedrosa may dethrone Rossi.
Biaggi might have been #1 in 250 cc but he has never been #1 in the premier class. To ever be considered number 1, you would have to actually win a championship.

Quote:
I am very curious to see how Rossi takes defeat when he is no longer consistantly on top. His lowest placing was 9th place back in his 250 days over 5 years ago - it's been awhile. Since then, he's either placed 1st or 2nd in every championship.
I think we'll see Rossi with a vengeance in 07. The only X factor will be if Yamaha can give him a competitive bike.

Last edited by G.Irish; 08-13-2006 at 07:47 PM.
G.Irish is offline  
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 06:55 PM
Brown at your service
 
bobbyp600rr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Carrollton GA
Posts: 3,493
Images: 29
Thanks: 41
Thanked 47 Times in 45 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Irish
Yamaha debuted the M1 in 2002 when the championship switched from GP500 to Moto GP. He rode that for 2002 and 2003, the Camel Honda for 2004, and the Repsol Honda for 2005.
Man, what in the hell are you talking about? Rossi made the change from GP500 to MotoGP on Hondas(Repsol matter of fact). He didn't jump over to Yamaha until his last championship with Honda, because they were saying anyone can win on their bikes. He won the championship last year on the M1 but not this year :flamethro :73: :toothy12:

"For me, the problem is that big part of MotoGP riders now are pussies,"Rossi declared. "In the past, this is normal, the riders were more like real men. Now it is more like they are children."

http://www.youtube.com/user/bobbybrown3022
bobbyp600rr is offline  
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 07:46 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 591
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyp600rr
Man, what in the hell are you talking about? Rossi made the change from GP500 to MotoGP on Hondas(Repsol matter of fact). He didn't jump over to Yamaha until his last championship with Honda, because they were saying anyone can win on their bikes. He won the championship last year on the M1 but not this year :flamethro :73: :toothy12:
I was talking about Biaggi.
G.Irish is offline  
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 07:52 PM
Brown at your service
 
bobbyp600rr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Carrollton GA
Posts: 3,493
Images: 29
Thanks: 41
Thanked 47 Times in 45 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
My bad, I responded a little to fast.

"For me, the problem is that big part of MotoGP riders now are pussies,"Rossi declared. "In the past, this is normal, the riders were more like real men. Now it is more like they are children."

http://www.youtube.com/user/bobbybrown3022
bobbyp600rr is offline  
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 03:52 AM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
aren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: los angeles, ca
Posts: 990
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I thought Biaggi was with Camel Honda in 2003...Or was he not?

I remember Barros and Abe were on the M1 in 2003...but I don't remember anything before that.
aren is offline  
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 05:25 AM
Knee Dragger
 
small-g's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 198
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
G. Irish was right. Biaggi rode the Marlboro Yamaha M1 in 2002 and I think 2003. Biaggi was saying then that Yamaha needs to build a better bike to be competitive against Rossi and the Hondas.
small-g is offline  
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 05:35 AM
cvlighthouse
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

________________
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 02:46 AM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
aren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: los angeles, ca
Posts: 990
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by small-g
G. Irish was right. Biaggi rode the Marlboro Yamaha M1 in 2002 and I think 2003. Biaggi was saying then that Yamaha needs to build a better bike to be competitive against Rossi and the Hondas.

See when you guys say "M1" to me that translates as the YZR-M1 4-stroke bike.

That picture shows that Biaggi rode for Camel Honda in 03.

Yamaha's old 500cc GP bike was called the YZR500 - nothing with an "M1".

But, Biaggi did ride a 4 stroke Yamaha M1 in 02. I think it was converted fromt he old 2 stroke. It looked funny as hell.

Last edited by aren; 08-25-2006 at 02:56 AM.
aren is offline  
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 12:24 AM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 591
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Whoops yeah, Biaggi rode the Camel Pons Honda in 03 and 04, and the Repsol Honda in 05. The Zombie (Barros) rode the M1 in 03, but broke his contract with Altadis (tobacco sponsor) to take Rossi's old Repsol seat in 04.
G.Irish is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome