Biaggi vs. MotoGP - 600RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
Ducati Champion Del Mondo

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Biaggi vs. MotoGP

I spoke with Eric Bostrom over the weekend and asked him about the rumor of Biaggi come back to MotoGP with Ducati, he said no way.

So I guess we will see who's right in the up and coming months.

Jason

“Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 04:12 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Should be interesting. I think he'll end up with some sort of ride next year. There was a rumor on Road Racer X that Ilmor was going to do a couple of wildcard entries towards the end of the season, could Biaggi be the man?

Either way if Ducati doesn't take Biaggi, Kawasaki sure could use him. Then there's the Ilmor entry too.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 04:17 PM
WCR Racer

Who wants to use that guy? Max will only wreck and complain every time he will not win. And he is OLD.
He should go start a farm in the desert where he can’t bother anyone with his complaining and piss poor attitude.

773 Expert
I am the guy the track Marshal warned you about.

Sponsors are anyone who will give me money.

http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/MeadeR
http://actionfund.roadracingworld.com/

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 04:24 PM
Nemesis

I'll tell you what would be awesome: If Stoner went to Ducati!

Now that would be awesome! Imagine Ducati stealing Stoner from Honda and Yamaha. Oh yeah!
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 08:27 AM Thread Starter

Even though I am not a Max fan I would still like him to come back. He makes MotoGP kinda like a soap opera. =]

Jason

“Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 01:01 PM
Moto GP Racer

i think dani has convinced everyone that the old gaurd is out, and the young guns (excuse the nascar phrase) are the way to go. max is done.

GET YOUR TICKETS TO THE RED BULL INDIANAPOLIS GP!! go to www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com or call (800) 822-INDY
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 01:22 PM
The ULTIMATE 1 Upper

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You really think it's Dani???...

IMHO...I think it's the TRACTION CONTROL! (BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!)

As for Biaggi...I agree w/ Visitor Q...He makes the premiere class interesting! Aside from his complaining and his hardships...He was and still has potential to be up w/ the top 5! No Ducati for him...so be it! I also agree that he would fit decently w/ Kawasaki, I think he'd do alot better than RDP. But still....Kawasaki, Suzuki, and this years' Ducati still have to catch up w/ Honda & Yamaha!

Btw...Stoner is f'n talented! I really enjoy watching that kid! He has much to learn...but wow...what potential!

A wise man once said...
Quote:
Originally Posted by moeman View Post
It aint that easy to depart once u are in you are in for life regardless of what u ride
...And that's why I'm still here! :01_thumbu
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 03:47 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelfF2
i think dani has convinced everyone that the old gaurd is out, and the young guns (excuse the nascar phrase) are the way to go. max is done.
Of the old guard I think Max is one of the few who can still ride at a decent level, but who knows, he looked like crap in the second half of 2005.

But yeah, with Stoner, Hayden, Pedrosa, Melandri, Vermeulen, and Hopkins leading the youth movement top seats are gonna be increasingly hard for the older guys to get.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 03:54 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

with the sucess of the 250 champs i really think moto gp is going to be picking up those 250 guys. besides lets not forget next year the bike are going to be 800cc's
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 04:02 PM
The ULTIMATE 1 Upper

Quote:
Originally Posted by zus600rr#388
with the sucess of the 250 champs i really think moto gp is going to be picking up those 250 guys. besides lets not forget next year the bike are going to be 800cc's
But they've been doing that for ages now! It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that the 250 class is the best stepping stone into GP!

All in all, W/ the 4 strokes, and now w/ traction control...It's going to be alot easier for less-talented riders or irregular riders to ride these machines.

A wise man once said...
Quote:
It aint that easy to depart once u are in you are in for life regardless of what u ride
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 04:40 PM
Moto GP Racer

i'm not saying its only dani...just that gp's are quickly going to the younger riders and the new generation is moving in. maybe max can still ride the bike, maybe he can't, but the fact is he's not going to win a championship and no one is going to waist time on a older rider who can't win the championship. his time has come and gone. i don't really care if he is entertaining, just seeing him riding around top ten with no chance to win is not what any maker wants from a guy like that, and just reminds me that he's a has been. later max.

GET YOUR TICKETS TO THE RED BULL INDIANAPOLIS GP!! go to www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com or call (800) 822-INDY
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 04:58 PM
The ULTIMATE 1 Upper

Quote:
i'm not saying its only dani...just that gp's are quickly going to the younger riders and the new generation is moving in. maybe max can still ride the bike, maybe he can't, but the fact is he's not going to win a championship and no one is going to waist time on a older rider who can't win the championship. his time has come and gone. i don't really care if he is entertaining, just seeing him riding around top ten with no chance to win is not what any maker wants from a guy like that, and just reminds me that he's a has been. later max.
Then you should also say goodbye to Capirossi, KR Jr., & Gibernau! Checa's time is almost up...Crap...lket's just throw in Edwards and Rossi too!

Yes...you get younger guys...but it's guys like the older ones who've helped make the bikes what they are today! The younger guys as they progress can eventually do that too! I'm not talking about every team...but the major ones.
Rossi and Burgess made the RC211V what is is today just like they did w/ The M1. And the same goes w/ Capirossi on the Duc. May not get the same outcome, but the younger guys aren't ready for that yet. I say throw on Biaggi to give his Tech analysis and better develop it for the younger riders!

A wise man once said...
Quote:
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omarvelous
You really think it's Dani???...

IMHO...I think it's the TRACTION CONTROL! (BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!)

Btw...Stoner is f'n talented! I really enjoy watching that kid! He has much to learn...but wow...what potential!
Its funny you wrote this. So for Dani its the traction control but Stoner is just f'n talented. Last I checked, they both ride Honda's and Dani is doing better.
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 05:36 PM
Moto GP Racer

well, the difference is those guys all still have rides and max is a guy looking to get back into gp--- as in take a ride away from someone to give it to max. big difference. and alot of those guys you mentioned still are champtionship condenders, but some are not, and my guess is the ones who are not will be looking for superbike rides fairly soon. and btw, i'm not taking anything away from the guys who made the bikes what they are, i'm not dogging them, all i'm saying is that teams are under stress and looking for champtions... and max isn't one.

post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 05:37 PM
The ULTIMATE 1 Upper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too_Funny
Its funny you wrote this. So for Dani its the traction control but Stoner is just f'n talented. Last I checked, they both ride Honda's and Dani is doing better.
Dani's talented too! I'm not knocking him! I think he's just a boring **** in his interviews...all in all...If KR Jr got tc...the rest of them Honda teams do too!

A wise man once said...
Quote:
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 05:39 PM
The ULTIMATE 1 Upper

Quote:
well, the difference is those guys all still have rides and max is a guy looking to get back into gp--- as in take a ride away from someone to give it to max. big difference. and alot of those guys you mentioned still are champtionship condenders, but some are not, and my guess is the ones who are not will be looking for superbike rides fairly soon. and btw, i'm not taking anything away from the guys who made the bikes what they are, i'm not dogging them, all i'm saying is that teams are under stress and looking for champtions... and max isn't one.
I agree...but he's just as a contender as Capirossi, Barros, & Gibernau!

A wise man once said...
Quote:
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 05:47 PM
Moto GP Racer

um...i don't know how i feel about that statement....i would put caparossi ahead of him any day given his performance at the start of the season, but the other two....you're probably right.

post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 08:16 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omarvelous
I say throw on Biaggi to give his Tech analysis and better develop it for the younger riders!
Eh, I mean look at what Max did as lead rider at Yamaha. Not so well. Then he was lead rider at Honda and he bitched and moaned about the bike. I don't think Max is the best or even a good guy to develop a bike into a contender given that he had exactly that job at Yamaha and Honda.
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 07:36 AM Thread Starter

Here's a pic. for you guys...

Jason

post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too_Funny
Was thinking the same thing!

Every single MotoGP team uses traction control. So it's helping all of them, not just Dani and Casey. But I have heard Julian Ryder say that he reckons the only reason the 250 boys are so competitive so quickly is because the GP bikes are just like big 250s, largely because of the traction control. Back in the day, they were very different, with a much steeper learning curve.
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 09:27 AM
World Superbike Racer

I don't mean to jack the thread, but can someone explain what traction control is and what it does? Thanks

2005 600rr--- totaled 7/06

2002 600 F4i yellow/black bought 7/06;

STOLEN 3/2009

:icon_lol:2003 600RR yellow bought 04/09

-What does GP mean to you, what is the meaning of GP for you?

-Grand Prix

(K. Schwantz)

post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 10:10 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbocbr600
I don't mean to jack the thread, but can someone explain what traction control is and what it does? Thanks
Traction control is basically an electronic system that reduces the power to the rear wheel when it detects it spinning/sliding more than a certain preset about. So if you were leaned over and rolled on too much throttle instead of the bike smoking up the rear and slowing you down (or low-siding) it cuts back the power.

There are several ways to do this from measuring the difference in speed between the front wheel and rear wheel with wheel sensors to detecting when the rpm's jump up faster than they would normally if the tires were hooked up.
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 10:39 AM
World Superbike Racer

I see. Thanks for explanation. I assume it's too expensive/unnesessary to put on street bikes, right?

2005 600rr--- totaled 7/06

2002 600 F4i yellow/black bought 7/06;

STOLEN 3/2009

:icon_lol:2003 600RR yellow bought 04/09

-What does GP mean to you, what is the meaning of GP for you?

-Grand Prix

(K. Schwantz)

post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 11:06 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbocbr600
I see. Thanks for explanation. I assume it's too expensive/unnesessary to put on street bikes, right?
Well there are many different ways to do it so I imagine some rudimentary form of traction control could easily be on street bikes before too long. Kind of like how the F1 traction and launch control systems are very advanced but you still see very watered-down examples of both on street cars. I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of traction control on the liter bikes in the next generation or two.
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 05:41 PM
The ULTIMATE 1 Upper

But w/ traction control and w/ the ALOT-MORE-USER-FRIENDLINESS characteristics of the 4 stroke 1000's and soon to be 800cc's...it's made it alot easier for less talented riders to be successful in the premiere class.

I HIGHLY doubt that Dani and Casey would be as successful so soon in their GP debuts if they were riding the 2 stroke 500's! Now I know you can say that every team has got TC and they all have 4 strokes and so on...but some R&D's just get it better than some others! I mean...Look how long it's taken Suzuki to get the GSV some-what competative. But all-in-all...Yes...I think these features are good for the overall essence of thesport, but it also makes it some-what boring or less challenging at the same time.

A wise man once said...
Quote:
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 05:46 PM
cvlighthouse

At first, slipper clutches were for race bikes only and now you see them on all the latest sport bikes.
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 05:53 PM
The ULTIMATE 1 Upper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvlighthouse
At first, slipper clutches were for race bikes only and now you see them on all the latest sport bikes.
LUKE!!! WASSUP BRO!?!...

Yes..That's true and even the R6 is supposed to be utilizing the fly-by-wire throttle now. Like I said...it's overall good for the essence of the sport, but am I the only one who respects and misses the day's of the 500's?!? I guess I just miss the days of working harder or needing more rider talent for it. All in all...it's all good for the sport. Even if technical set up is THAT much more essential! Afterall...in a sense...it is a team effort! Things change and like bike development and track safety and so forth...I guess it's just one of those "You don't really appreciate it until it's gone" scenarios'.

A wise man once said...
Quote:
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 06:07 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

The 500's definitely were a much bigger challenge to ride and brutally punish any and all imprudent throttle application. This is why I'll always consider Mick Doohan to be the GOAT. Unfortunately the 500 eventually got the better of him and ended his career.

However the more manageable 990's have resulted in much closer racing than what we typically saw in the 500 era. Also, riders are not getting hurt and mangled as often which means that championships are not getting decided by injuries as much.

Overall I'd have to say TC hasn't been bad for GP racing as it has been for Formula 1. Even then, with F1 the big problem is more aerodynamics than it is traction control.
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 06:10 PM
cvlighthouse

Sup Omar!!!!

I'd say that safety is the big issue. The 500's were way too dangerous. As much as the bikes are getting easier to ride, It's a level playing field. It's that much easier for the newer riders, but for the old riders it's even more easier. You still need to be really good to get into MotoGP... Max Biaggi could jump in the mix and get top 10. That's really good no matter how much he whines...
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 06:14 PM
The ULTIMATE 1 Upper

Very very good replies indeed and I agree....

But...I'm Sorry..I lost all train of thought after seeing this thread!....

https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.p...4&page=1&pp=15

Bwahahahahaahahahahahaaaaaa!!! I'm sorry for Jacking!

A wise man once said...
Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page